Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Co-reeecction!! (Yelled like 'hadouken')

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

To add insult to (accidental shooting-related? :haw: ) injury this isn't even an original concept, it's from a poster. My gun collecting roomie has one.

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
stay safe cuckoo

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

ChairmanMeow posted:

stay safe cuckoo

I can't even begin to figure out what's going on with that gun other than it being wrong.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
For starters some idiot had it tattooed on his head.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kwyndig posted:

I can't even begin to figure out what's going on with that gun other than it being wrong.

To me it looks like the trigger and handle have been taped, (to prevent fingerprints?), and there is some sort of flames or smoke obscuring the handle.

Which is a perfectly reasonable thing to have tattooed on the side of your head.

Snake Toddler
Jan 11, 2016

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Ah yes, the kind of tattoo that not only looks bad, but is also completely useless as paramedics and nurses are instructed to ignore that kind of thing.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Kwyndig posted:

Ah yes, the kind of tattoo that not only looks bad, but is also completely useless as paramedics and nurses are instructed to ignore that kind of thing.

And if you're unconscious, we are gonna check your blood sugar pretty much immediately anyways.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy
What are the odds Brenda has a restraining order? It's gotta be pretty high.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Kwyndig posted:

I always thought this was a bit weird. Like, I understand covering EMTs' asses if someone is covered in tattoos and they miss a medic alert thing, but if the tattoo is big and bold and the only one on the body, I have a really hard time imagining some EMT seeing such a specific thing (like "Type 1 Diabetic") and not assuming they're telling the truth. Like, maybe in the paperwork they won't admit it for legal reasons, but they still might throw some glucagon or something the patients way a bit earlier than otherwise, and at that point the tattoo has served its purpose.

Edit: tattoo still ugly

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Kwyndig posted:

Are they instructed to ignore/disregard the "Do Not Resuscitate" ones old people sometimes get too? Serious question.

RikkiTikkiTavi
Aug 24, 2008

Samfucius posted:

I always thought this was a bit weird. Like, I understand covering EMTs' asses if someone is covered in tattoos and they miss a medic alert thing, but if the tattoo is big and bold and the only one on the body, I have a really hard time imagining some EMT seeing such a specific thing (like "Type 1 Diabetic") and not assuming they're telling the truth. Like, maybe in the paperwork they won't admit it for legal reasons, but they still might throw some glucagon or something the patients way a bit earlier than otherwise, and at that point the tattoo has served its purpose.

Edit: tattoo still ugly

I was curious and looked it up and it seems like part of the problem is EMTs aren't trained to look for tattoos, and also there is no standardized location for them to check, so it's easy for them to miss. The other thing that was pointed out was that a wallet card can be updated with up to date data, in a way a tattoo can't. (Admittedly that's less of an issue with diabetes)

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

RikkiTikkiTavi posted:

I was curious and looked it up and it seems like part of the problem is EMTs aren't trained to look for tattoos, and also there is no standardized location for them to check, so it's easy for them to miss. The other thing that was pointed out was that a wallet card can be updated with up to date data, in a way a tattoo can't. (Admittedly that's less of an issue with diabetes)

If I understand correctly though there is a standard place: wrists, ankles, and necks are all checked quickly for medic-alert bracelets or necklaces. I do a lot of work at a diabetes camp and pretty much every adult under 30 has a tattoo with the medic-alert symbol in one of those places. Most people go for the wrist because if they are gonna do an IV they have to look at the inner arm anyways.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Googled what it meant. Fat leg, lovely tattoo, ashtray on the bed.

100% fitting.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
The silver lining is she won't have to pay for laser removal since she's probably going to lose that leg.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Uggolette indeed

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

artsy fartsy posted:

Uggolette indeed

Aren't they the little pigmen that work the garbage disposal on Cloud City?

Lizard Combatant has a new favorite as of 05:16 on Mar 24, 2016

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
No way that's real. It's just too much white trash for one picture.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

Re: Diabeeetus tattoos, my coworker's daughter has type 1 and Pinterest showed her the idea of the wrist tattoo instead of a bracelet. My coworker is pretty conservative and was not excited about it. The daughter was all in, and after begging and coercing got my coworker to sign off.

The tattooer was a good one and basically talked the daughter out of it. He said that no paramedic would look at it and so on. So the daughter ended up getting a huge first tattoo of flowers or something instead of text saying "diabetes type 1" on her wrist. My coworker being all conservative and so on was not pleased. :3:

In other news:

Imma slit my wrist with the ribbon of diabetes:

It has something to do with being gay? I am confused

If all else fails, this classic should put diabetes in its place:

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

This made me physically recoil in horror. :stonk:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

This made me physically recoil in horror. :stonk:

What's the green mass in his ear?

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

The horrifying thing in this photo is that cord on the carpet, that's a clip cord for a tattoo machine, she just got that tattoo right there, on that poo poo stained bed surrounded by every contaminant known to man.

Hopefully she doesn't have that leg any more due to gangrene so nobody has to see the monstrosity of that 'tattoo'.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

HungryMedusa posted:

It has something to do with being gay? I am confused

I thought that was a cupcake not a rose at first.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Khazar-khum posted:

What's the green mass in his ear?

From what I can guess, horrible bruising or literal mold.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

BrigadierSensible posted:

Are they instructed to ignore/disregard the "Do Not Resuscitate" ones old people sometimes get too? Serious question.

Correct. Unless we have a valid DNR form that's actually signed by a Doctor, we will attempt resuscitation.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Surprisingly, the person who got this isn't happy with it.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11611396

epsilon-6
Dec 25, 2002
EMTs, ER doctors and phlebotomists alike have all given kudos to my friend with a very similar (simple, easy to read and on the forearm) tattoo. I don't know what emt/doctor would see a "type 1 diabetes" tattoo and say "probably untrue"

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Well, they do say it's not finished...

but I wouldn't go back there to finish it.

HungryMedusa
Apr 28, 2003

That is not this idiot's first tattoo. I guess she had her eyes closed while she scoped the artist's portfolio and then let him dig on her for hours?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3507720/Woman-horrified-400-fairy-tale-tattoo-turns-ghoulish-nightmare.html

Steve Shultz
Jul 6, 2007
The ELIJAH LIST, spamming your inbox for the lord.

I was just on my way to post this here.
My favorite part is that they think 7 more hours of work is what that tattoo needed.
Nothing like 'it's not finished yet' to solidify that a tattoo is done by a terrible artist.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I may end up getting a tattoo from a guy who calls himself "Beatdown."

His work actually looks really good, but he sounds like a dude that works with a homemade tat gun for meth.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

captainOrbital posted:

I may end up getting a tattoo from a guy who calls himself "Beatdown."

His work actually looks really good, but he sounds like a dude that works with a homemade tat gun for meth.

My old tattoo artist is a giant Maori guy that's also an MMA fighter on the side.

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?

epsilon-6 posted:

EMTs, ER doctors and phlebotomists alike have all given kudos to my friend with a very similar (simple, easy to read and on the forearm) tattoo. I don't know what emt/doctor would see a "type 1 diabetes" tattoo and say "probably untrue"

Nobody here is saying that. :confused:

In an emergency situation the medic/emt will still check the persons sugar before giving glucose. No one is going to provide medical treatment based on the presence of a tattoo.

slinkimalinki
Jan 17, 2010

Now that I've seen the source image, it's surprisingly accurate.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
"My huge zombie Disney princess tattoo looks horrible!"

Is it possible to make that statement false?

dexter6
Sep 22, 2003
Unconscious person

Hmm, let's check their sugar.

Oh look, Diabetic.

Hmm, lets check their sugar.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
My mom has one of those bracelets that lists a couple medications she's allergic to that will basically kill her if given. Do they ignore those too? Actual question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

fullroundaction posted:

My mom has one of those bracelets that lists a couple medications she's allergic to that will basically kill her if given. Do they ignore those too? Actual question.

Those are actually approved/reviewed/verified and have some form of legitimacy behind them. I think that's the thing people aren't understanding?

• Locked thread