Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Well at least the helmet stopped a blow or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
sn is already flawless and I have no changes to be made for him. He will lead his team to victory this round.

Also, a heads-up that I may not have as much time to run fights the next couple weeks. Will still try, but I've got some things that could interfere.

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012
3509 dwarf bux laid down on Hell Dentist's victory, as promised. I regret this already.

Some interesting matches lined up, I think we'll have some upsets this round.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

can i just get my silver whip back :v:

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat
I just looked at the upcoming matches and I am very concerned.

We've got a good shot this round and a guaranteed win next round against Lightly Whipped, but no way we'll beat the Animists or the Helmets and most of the rest are a tossup.

How many teams go to the playoffs?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Cathode Raymond posted:

I just looked at the upcoming matches and I am very concerned.

We've got a good shot this round and a guaranteed win next round against Lightly Whipped, but no way we'll beat the Animists or the Helmets and most of the rest are a tossup.

How many teams go to the playoffs?

Eight. Currently the best two records of each division are in the top slots, but there's only one point of kill difference in it, and all but the very worst teams are still in with a shout.

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Mar 25, 2016

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Why are things so expensive I just want a Platinum Helm.

Anyone wanna donate like a thousand points?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

AJ_Impy posted:

Eight. Currently the best records are in the top slots, but there's only one point of kill difference in it, and all but the very worst teams are still in with a shout.

That's what has me worried. So many teams at or around .500

All the while my fighter is decked head to toe in obsolete armor and our team is increasingly reliant on that insufferable little prima donna Albrik.

EDIT: I mean, if Comrade Albrik were to run for General Secretary I would not object.

Frozen_flame posted:

Why are things so expensive I just want a Platinum Helm.

Anyone wanna donate like a thousand points?

gently caress off with your first world problems, animist.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Man judging by the betting this round there are no illusions as to who is going to win each fight

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Cathode is right there should be a points tax. It is only fair given we top teams are providing all the entertainment and job creation for the corpse cleaners

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Ramc posted:

Still disappointed in Albrik?

albrik hoists his axe over his head. the crowd roars. he had done it: the dream of global communism was alive for one more day. he looks triumphantly to his manager's seat.

it's empty.

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 25, 2016

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

it's empty.

:eyepop:

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Josie is ready to go. She has something to prove after the Animist fight. Her deadly reputation is such that every non-four-armed dwarf on the team rushed her immediately before she and Panty Thief could activate their incredible dual techs.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
also cathode, comrade Jameson is a decent killer himself. his skill point distribution is uhhh, interesting, but in a team of three tiny shits, he's the only one who has been able to stab through iron armor. his big problem (which some others share) imo, is that hes not too great on the "don't get hit" art of combat. copper armour can't make up for that, but even a tank needs to be able to block/avoid those silver hammers.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Tiler Kiwi posted:

albrik hoists his axe over his head. the crowd roars. he had done it: the dream of global communism was alive for one more day. he looks triumphantly to his manager's seat.

it's empty.

Brutal.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
A Lost Cowman is ready to once again get lost, all over the enemy team. Violently so.

I mean, obviously. Given that this is the arena. But still, given his disoriented nature, I feel it needs to be reiterated.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Apeliminator can't pick his friends, and he can't pick his nose, but he can pick his friend's nose.

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Frozen_flame posted:

It is only fair given we top teams are providing all the entertainment and job creation for the corpse cleaners

Your team's record is an affront to equality. If you had a conscience, you would sell all your equipment and donate the points to the diligent and heroic managers who have adopted abandoned fighters.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

also cathode, comrade Jameson is a decent killer himself. his skill point distribution is uhhh, interesting, but in a team of three tiny shits, he's the only one who has been able to stab through iron armor. his big problem (which some others share) imo, is that hes not too great on the "don't get hit" art of combat. copper armour can't make up for that, but even a tank needs to be able to block/avoid those silver hammers.

I can probably fix his skills pretty well with playoff points if we make it.

alcharagia posted:

Apeliminator can't pick his friends, and he can't pick his nose, but he can pick his friend's nose.

I find your constant nonsense and your jittering avatar soothing. I am unsure as to why.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

alcharagia posted:

See, I'm not expert, but I think this sort of attitude might be why Apeliminator is having issues.

That said, I'm not trying to discourage you. It's your, um, whatever Apeliminator is to you.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Done

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Locomotive breath posted:

See, I'm not expert, but I think this sort of attitude might be why Apeliminator is having issues.

That said, I'm not trying to discourage you. It's your, um, whatever Apeliminator is to you.

I upgraded his picking skill. Is what I meant. He's better with a pick. Gosh.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
His level of miscellaneous object proficiency has increased!! He's gonna pick his copper pick... and cop!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I find all of these proclamations to be highly suspect. Do we even know if Apeliminator has points in miscellaneous objects? I feel like it would explain a lot.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
He does! He's currently level 4 in it. I got him a few levels in it when I sold his whip! Because whips are loving garbage and choosing that at the start forever doomed me to mediocrity!

Incidentally, he can't pick his nose because Apeliminator, as a far-below-ultimate combat machine but we're looking for other venues to utilize his unique talents, does not actually have a nose, rather he has olfactory receptors which only vaguely resemble a nose.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
I was hesitant to spend any points this round given that Min/Maxotaur is already the pinnacle of perfection and is the only arena participant to graduate with all the PhDs, but I decided to splurge and get her something pretty to wear.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I retain my platinum armor, because if I am going to lose it'll be in style.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
upon review of his only fight against a not maimed/unconscious opponent, albrik spent half his attacks hitting downed people to pad his kill count, and made less than half the attacks against his opponent than wolf did to him, and still won, so he's at least got his goals straight and I'm sure he's NOT going to die when some race/class traitor kobold shoots him in the face with a {steel arrow}. performance acceptable, kill quota for "great match" has been updated, no points shall be rationed. glory to worker cooperative!

e:

Tiler Kiwi fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 25, 2016

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Accidentally bet the remainder of my dorfbux on Heavyweight Horrorshow - anyone want to go up against me and reap the rewards?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Isnt Heavyweight Horrorshow the clear favorite to win that fight?

It wont even be close will it?

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Spermy Smurf posted:

Isnt Heavyweight Horrorshow the clear favorite to win that fight?

It wont even be close will it?

Eh, A Furry, Farmer and Two Cows are not as bad as This Bites or Lightly Whipped. A one in four win rate and 17 kills make them the best of the really terrible teams. Plus, they're all blooded!

(No, it won't be close.)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
If I win all my bets (which I assume I won't as I randomly hit buttons and appear to have hit the wrong ones) I will have 25k

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

goatface posted:

If I win all my bets (which I assume I won't as I randomly hit buttons and appear to have hit the wrong ones) I will have 25k

Why did you only bet 4bux on us?
All in on Lightly Whipped every round!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I take my total pot, divide it by 7 and round down. Then I randomly bet that much on each fight and whatever small change is left gets bet on the whipped fight.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

goatface posted:

I take my total pot, divide it by 7 and round down. Then I randomly bet that much on each fight and whatever small change is left gets bet on the whipped fight.

Get drunk and randomly place bets like a normal person please.

I see I have bet on my team as well as against my team. Brilliant as always.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am sometimes drinking while I do it. It normally takes longer to do the division than place the bets.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Everything on the Skeletons. Half the time it works!

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

Soiled Meat

Tiler Kiwi posted:

upon review of his only fight against a not maimed/unconscious opponent, albrik spent half his attacks hitting downed people to pad his kill count, and made less than half the attacks against his opponent than wolf did to him, and still won, so he's at least got his goals straight and I'm sure he's NOT going to die when some race/class traitor kobold shoots him in the face with a {steel arrow}. performance acceptable, kill quota for "great match" has been updated, no points shall be rationed. glory to worker cooperative!

Albrik seems to be way above average at landing very solid hits. It seems like he rarely wastes a swing compared to other gladiators.

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

Wow.

Okay, Bad Munki has swapped to a battleaxe now. Might be more effective.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Coward posted:

Wow.

Wait what no--

no wait, you're not--

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerfrog
Nov 3, 2012

Coward posted:

Wow.

I notice you're betting against your own team. Well I guess it'll be effective one way or another.