Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Aurelion Sol is not fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Kashuno posted:

Aurelion Sol is not fun

to face or to play

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
to play

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

since i'm almost guaranteed to play against a poo poo ton of sols in the next few days, any suggestions for mid champs to play that will absolutely poo poo on him?

leaning towards yas to totally stop both his ult and Q and i think his balls can't pass through the windwall either

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I hope there's a bug where Aurelion Sol's stars disappear when touching Yasuo windwall and never come back for the rest of the game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sperglord Firecock posted:

since i'm almost guaranteed to play against a poo poo ton of sols in the next few days, any suggestions for mid champs to play that will absolutely poo poo on him?

leaning towards yas to totally stop both his ult and Q and i think his balls can't pass through the windwall either

Anybody who can get in and ruin his day? Zed, Fiora, LB, Akali, Diana, Talon

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.
I have to say, as someone who is trying to learn how to play on SR, it really loving sucks having to lane against people that are ranked Gold when you've only played 30 games. Then having your teammates poo poo on you all game (well, I assume so anyway, I /mute all as soon as someone starts bitching). Is normals matchmaking just totally hosed / should I be trying to learn this game in Ranked instead so I'll hopefully play against other people that are hopefully as bad as I am?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
normal matchmaking can be really garbage, yes

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
asol jungle got banned so I played jungle nasus.

still fun

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Safety Scissors posted:

Instead they're doing exactly what you're doing with my post. Ignoring all the valid points.

its because the points you made are personal things that you want to do and i dont want to be the person that has to hold your hand while you work out how to play from behind

Safety Scissors posted:

To me it sounds like all the people in favor of surrendering don't want to do this because it will take 50 or so minutes. That's my problem.

they either want to have fun with the video game or they dont want to waste their time spending 20 minutes on a 2% chance. what is hard to understand about this?

Safety Scissors posted:

In general if someone is miserable in that situation, it's because they don't know what they're doing.

or - and hear me out - it's boring

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

not so sure about this ignite tp shaco mid

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

henkman posted:

normal matchmaking can be really garbage, yes

i got matched against a diamond 4 earlier today

everyone on my team was under level 25 :rip:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Safety Scissors posted:

If you ignore the point about playing from behind then yes.

I wish all the people in favor of surrendering would come out and say the same thing.

Instead they're doing exactly what you're doing with my post. Ignoring all the valid points.

To me it sounds like all the people in favor of surrendering don't want to do this because it will take 50 or so minutes. That's my problem.

You dont have a valid point beyond "I want to force multiple people to keep playing an obviously lost game that they arent enjoying".

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
jungle aurelion sol on the other hand is cool and also good

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

jungle aurelion sol on the other hand is cool and also good

How's his early clears?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

How's his early clears?

can you kite well?

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

bonewitch posted:

i got matched against a diamond 4 earlier today

everyone on my team was under level 25 :rip:

Have you considered getting good?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I Can't Play Kayle

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Lady Naga posted:

I Can't Play Kayle

Or properly use the Shift key.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Mikujin posted:

Or properly use the Shift key.

I'm talking about the title for my new autobio.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I'd go with like Lux, Morgana, Fizz, Yasuo, or Zed. I did okay against him with Malzahar, though I think that was more because the player was bad than because it's a good matchup.

Basically you want people who have no reason to be in the area where his stars will be and who can readily deny him the ability to keep you in his stars. Lux will definitely outrange him and just poke from farther away than he wants you to (and if he chases you can bind him because he doesn't really have room to juke without letting you out of his stars), I'm pretty sure Morg will too. Fizz, Zed, and Yasuo will get up in his business and stay inside of his stars, or at the very least inside his Celestial Expansion range, and can all readily get out past the stars.

One champ I will absolutely say do not, for the love of god, play against him is Heimerdinger. It's trivial to sweep away Heimer turrets with Celestial Expansion.

Magres fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Mar 25, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Magres posted:

I'd go with like Lux, Morgana, Fizz, Yasuo, or Zed. I did okay against him with Malzahar, though I think that was more because the player was bad than because it's a good matchup.

Basically you want people who have no reason to be in the area where his stars will be and who can readily deny him the ability to keep you in his stars. Lux will definitely outrange him and just poke from farther away than he wants you to (and if he chases you can bind him because he doesn't really have room to juke without letting you out of his stars), I'm pretty sure Morg will too. Fizz, Zed, and Yasuo will get up in his business and stay inside of his stars, or at the very least inside his Celestial Expansion range, and can all readily get out past the stars.

Malzahar has an amazing matchup against sol because your silence turns off his passive and you have fine range? If he tries to come in to q or w you can silence or ult him and RIP

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
poo poo I didn't realize silence would shut off his passive. I just spent all game bouncing or threatening to bounce space herpes onto him, which worked pretty well. Never even tried silencing him :downs:

I take it back then, Malzahar is a great matchup against Sol

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Mar 25, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The more I think about it, does he really have any good match ups? Heim, maybe lulu? Lissandra?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

can you kite well?

Not as well as I should be able to.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zerilan posted:

Not as well as I should be able to.

It will probably be bad then. Keeping aggro on camps while moving around to position yourself for max w damage is a major pain the rear end on his first couple clears.

Make it past that and get a runics? poo poo gets good real fast

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kashuno posted:

The more I think about it, does he really have any good match ups? Heim, maybe lulu? Lissandra?

Lulu can poly him and eat him.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Kashuno posted:

It will probably be bad then. Keeping aggro on camps while moving around to position yourself for max w damage is a major pain the rear end on his first couple clears.

Make it past that and get a runics? poo poo gets good real fast

What's the runes/masteries you're running on him for it?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

lucifirius posted:

Lulu can poly him and eat him.

I don't know the range on the poly so I was guessing he might be able to keep out of range. Idk who he is good against then.

Zerilan posted:

What's the runes/masteries you're running on him for it?

My runes are garbage because I don't ever actually buy runes :( I need ap runes right now it's armor yellow mr blues move speed quints and ad reds. I am currently running 0/18/12 thunder lords on him as a test and it makes his ganks great, but I might change it to a more tanky 0/12/18 with strength of ages because I ended up going echoes, rylais, liandries which was a good setup for tanky but annoying

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

morg does a lot of damage!

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Kashuno posted:

I don't know the range on the poly so I was guessing he might be able to keep out of range. Idk who he is good against then.

I think the poly range is slightly bigger than the unempowered rotating (without W toggled on) so it's just a matter of taking a quick hit.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

BTW I learned from that game that fervor stacks instantly when you put a pool on someone and then your autos do a shitload of damage to whoever is just stuck there in your binding.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

d0grent posted:

BTW I learned from that game that fervor stacks instantly when you put a pool on someone and then your autos do a shitload of damage to whoever is just stuck there in your binding.

You're a magnificent bastard.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Sol just looks like a flying gimmick. Is the gimmick good enough for the rest of the generic weak weird kit? That's basically the test.

I haven't seen him yet I played a bunch of games and had one guy afk as him and the rest he was banned.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

I suggest you use Morgana against him, as well as every other champion in the game

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Hextech released on OCE today. Opened my free pack w/ ward and skin: Firecracker Ward and PJ Udyr :getin:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

always be punchin

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

54 more CMON BABY

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
if you log into https://privacy.riotgames.com/en_US/data you can see how much you've spent

£1k :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011

Lovechop posted:

if you log into https://privacy.riotgames.com/en_US/data you can see how much you've spent

£1k :gonk:

Says you need to spend $5 to get that.

• Locked thread