Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burger time
Apr 17, 2005

I think it's Kim's masters wife

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Ive gone from depressed to skeptical to cautious to fudging pumped for kof 14

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

burger time posted:

I dunno, Kim does have a thing about rehabilitating criminals/jerks/evil people. It makes total sense that his wife is this brutal evil kicks lady.

She's also the loving best I can't believe SNK made a lady cooler than King and Blue Mary.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Mar 24, 2016

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Dias posted:

She looks like the women on Kim's team, who the first leak had pegged as "Kim's Wife".
'aku wa yurus-'

'nevermind'

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Dias posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4RsWSeLVyM

Athena is here and she learned how to make a Spirit Bomb.

also juri wife

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I dunno, Kim does have a thing about rehabilitating criminals/jerks/evil people. It makes total sense that his wife is this brutal evil kicks lady.

She's also the loving best I can't believe SNK made a lady cooler than King and Blue Mary.

Hey hey whoa. She's gonna need a dog and broken engrish before she's cooler than Blue Mary. it's a pretty strong start though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Apparently the lady is Kim's master's wife and the Kim's wife thing was a mistranslation? Hell if I know.

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
The boxer also doesnt seem very handicapped. i guess he could be secretly depressed or something

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

AnonSpore posted:

Apparently the lady is Kim's master's wife and the Kim's wife thing was a mistranslation? Hell if I know.

Where are you getting this? Because the only place I heard about this is this post on SA.

burger time posted:

Kim's master is a much older dude in his headshot in that leaked roster.

dangerdoom volvo posted:

The boxer also doesnt seem very handicapped. i guess he could be secretly depressed or something

Dude's got a prosthetic arm.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Question Mark Mound posted:

Should've made a Pop'n stick to make your av (unless I'm mistaken).

One with the huge loving Pop'n buttons that are impossible to break.

Hell yes! That is indeed Satou and Shish :-) Believe you me, I considered a Pop'n scheme first and foremost, but I figured it would've looked off due to being down one button and not really in the same configuration.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Where are you getting this? Because the only place I heard about this is this post on SA.

Kim's master is a much older dude in his headshot in that leaked roster.

Dude's got a prosthetic arm.

The original leak says

Kim Team: 金家藩 (Kim Kaphwan), 他师父 (Kim’s Master), 他师母 (Kim’s Wife)

师母 means your teacher's wife not your wife

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Sidenote, this was in the related videos for that last KOF14 trailer and is must watch because it's Bas Rutten fully aware of what he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdaAMmlCSS0

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Jhun Hoon in line is a nice touch

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

inthesto posted:

Jhun Hoon in line is a nice touch

Dang, I missed him. :allears:

Athena isn't looking dumb. This is a first in a long time. I can now say I want this game.

Handicap boxer and not-Juri are great, too.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

punk rebel ecks posted:

So there is this cool Brazilian indie fighting ame in development called TRAF.

It's essentially based around using one button to attack but the direction you hold on the stick determines what attack you do. Similar to Super Smash Bros. What is a bit different is if you move the stick in a certain direction while pressing a button you also do a move that is a little bit more powerful and complicated. It has some nice sprite art and all in all its pretty cool to have a fighting game not developed in Japan or America and it really shows.

The game has a beta as a free download to try out.

No interest?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

well, almost every fg that gives massive concessions to poo poo players in the name of "Accessibility" is horrible. really, if a game is catering to people that cant move their thumb a half centimeter to the right or left and press a single button to perform a special move is a good sign that its not a game for me. i watched the video on the page though and it has cool graphics but I don't think that really means anything with fighting games

i know its a little more complicated than that tho and just because it has features that appeal to Not me doesn't mean I can't like it (pokken loving rules ya'll).. if it has netplay i'll play it

Zand fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Mar 25, 2016

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Zand posted:

well, almost every fg that gives massive concessions to poo poo players in the name of "Accessibility" is horrible. really, if a game is catering to people that cant move their thumb a half centimeter to the right or left and press a single button to perform a special move is a good sign that its not a game for me. i watched the video on the page though and it has cool graphics but I don't think that really means anything with fighting games

i know its a little more complicated than that tho and just because it has features that appeal to Not me doesn't mean I can't like it (pokken loving rules ya'll).. if it has netplay i'll play it

There is a beta of the game I linked to. The developer says he plans to making the game more complex throughout the development. From reading their posts on other sites it does really sound like they know what they are talking about. The game plays a lot better than it sounds.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Zand posted:

(pokken loving rules ya'll)

What about pokken has zand of all people convinced

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Pomp posted:

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I was gonna link it here because at the very least we could have a laugh over it, but I forgot. I like how they actually went for Brazilian themes tho. As for the game itself, I haven't bothered with the demo, maybe later tonight.

Pomp posted:

i can't believe pikachu melted his cold, shriveled heart

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Pomp posted:

I played it and its really fun to play and the range-duel phase mode switching stops it from getting too stale in long sets. its a game that's easy to pick up and play a few matches, and has a better streamlined online experience than SF5 by FAR that facilitate this. I don't think it'll go down as a great fighting game in gaming history or anything but it's got a decent amount of characters and assists and the attack triangle rock paper scissors mechanic is a lot easier for people to understand than traditional fgs... and its color coded with a toggleable announcer that can remind you of mechanics. between the announcer and the color coding you'd be hard pressed to play this for a long amount of time and not at least learn some of what's going on, which means theres a lot of people online that at least know a little about whats happening. It reminds me of soul caliber a lot in this way. also I dressed up my avatar to look super cool. The only things I don't like is there are 2 characters behind single player (and a TON OF TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION) and the training mode is a bit lacking.

mostly its the pick-up-and-play aspect of the game. it's so easy to load it up and just play some online matches and be done with it. You don't have to wait forever while stuff loads and the time between new matches is usually only 5 seconds, even in off times.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
pokken cool

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Zand posted:

I played it and its really fun to play and the range-duel phase mode switching stops it from getting too stale in long sets. its a game that's easy to pick up and play a few matches, and has a better streamlined online experience than SF5 by FAR that facilitate this. I don't think it'll go down as a great fighting game in gaming history or anything but it's got a decent amount of characters and assists and the attack triangle rock paper scissors mechanic is a lot easier for people to understand than traditional fgs... and its color coded with a toggleable announcer that can remind you of mechanics. between the announcer and the color coding you'd be hard pressed to play this for a long amount of time and not at least learn some of what's going on, which means theres a lot of people online that at least know a little about whats happening. It reminds me of soul caliber a lot in this way. also I dressed up my avatar to look super cool. The only things I don't like is there are 2 characters behind single player (and a TON OF TRAINER CUSTOMIZATION) and the training mode is a bit lacking.

mostly its the pick-up-and-play aspect of the game. it's so easy to load it up and just play some online matches and be done with it. You don't have to wait forever while stuff loads and the time between new matches is usually only 5 seconds, even in off times.

you just like lucha pikachu be honest

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Dias posted:

you just like lucha pikachu be honest

i've really been picking the "power" characters especially garchomp because most of his win animations are him screaming

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zand posted:

i've really been picking the "power" characters especially garchomp because most of his win animations are him screaming

badass

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Is Kyary Pamyu Pamyu gonna sue the gently caress out of SNK for stealing her likeness?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/4xyc.mp4

and like also his head is a boat or something? loving awesome

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
What the gently caress is a Kyari Pamyu Pamyu

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Pop idol. Don't look into it.

I actually did.

Hence the question

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Shiki Dan posted:

Pop idol. Don't look into it.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Garchomp has cool win poses but Machamp just flexes and styles on everyone its way cooler.

Pokken is fun on a base level at least, I still have not got to play it that much but its nifty.

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

thats a kaiju that's not a pokemon

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Shiki Dan posted:

I actually did.

Hence the question
ORIGINAL CHARACTER Sylvie Paula Paula (do not steal) from the new KoF is blatantly Kyary in both appearance and name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3QhWr2Qz5c

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

She's probably in on it. She also did a big partnership with Nintendo in Japan for the New 3DS, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. It's too similar to that get up she wore in that pon pon pon video for it to be a coincidence.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Kyary is the person my heart yearns to be

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Pomp posted:

Kyary is the person my heart yearns to be

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Countblanc posted:

i'm incredibly pissed this game never came out on PC, and that the sequel never came out abroad anywere

It (the sequel) is coming, hopefully soon but I've been told "soon" for like 6+ months now so I dunno.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Is this accurate.

I see that this thread has a sticky thread to the SRK fightstick recommendation thread. But that thread is 5 years old.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

Pomp posted:

Every character has safe DP's that you have to grab through.
It's a scrublords paradise.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i tried pokken today and im pretty sure im gonna buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
pokken is a better game than sf5

• Locked thread