Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

busb posted:

mafia is dead.

*tommunist jumps off a cliff*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i don't know how to feel, its like being told santa isn't real.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
If Mafia truly does here I'll have to find something else to do during my work day...like play runescape or something else mindless

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I mean the only evidence we have that mafia is dying is that there are less games and a lot of people have left. But we still have lots of games going every month and there's been a lot of new blood too. (me, tmm, kashuno and podima are some of the most active members of our community now)

So yeah, 2012-era mafia is dead. Hell, 2015-era mafia is pretty dead. But we are on a new horizon!

Asiina is my master now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I think we should do a GBS game.
Like not a jokey one like i did with bendymen. I think it would work out this time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
haha remember how we got hiipfire from gbs that one time that was great i love you hiipfire

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mafia is dead. This thread is now for play by post moba roleplaying.

Invoker slicks back his luxurious blonde hair. He looks around to his new companions and smirks. His cape swishes behind him as he walks from the base. As he descends the steps from the fountain he yells out to heavens.

"Mid or AFK!"

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I mean the only evidence we have that mafia is dying is that there are less games and a lot of people have left. But we still have lots of games going every month and there's been a lot of new blood too. (me, tmm, kashuno and podima are some of the most active members of our community now)

So yeah, 2012-era mafia is dead. Hell, 2015-era mafia is pretty dead. But we are on a new horizon!

Asiina is my master now.

:getin:

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

i mean at least we still have our slavish devotion to busb right?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

haha remember how we got hiipfire from gbs that one time that was great i love you hiipfire

but where's your pizza

:smugdog:

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

(me, tmm, kashuno and podima are some of the most active members of our community now)

Asiina is my master now.

probably the strongest evidence for dead mafia. unsubscribed

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

GulagDolls posted:

probably the strongest evidence for dead mafia. unsubscribed

don't sign your posts

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i think what we really need is a new thread and this time i am the op creator

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the skype chat is hip and alive again

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

PBS Newshour posted:

the skype chat is hip and alive again

bazinga

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Shank 3

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not sure I'm ok with this

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

ya gently caress podima

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I will now be ending my posts with the title of the top-grossing movie from the year that matches the number of posts I have in this thread.

Three Men and a Baby.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I would do this, but I'm already too far into the future. :smug:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Asiina posted:

I would do this, but I'm already too far into the future. :smug:

I mean you could probably make some pretty funny predictions and, knowing our movie industry, it probably wouldn't be too inaccurate. You don't have to be Rain Man.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tommunist posted:

ya gently caress podima

:frogout:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Podima why didn't you sign up for my game man what the gently caress

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

BottleKnight posted:

I mean you could probably make some pretty funny predictions and, knowing our movie industry, it probably wouldn't be too inaccurate. You don't have to be Rain Man.

something something marvel movies

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

When people forget me in lists of cool new players should I be honoured that I'm not considered new or offended that I'm forgotten?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
IT FEELS LIKE YOU ALWAYS BEEN HERE

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

When people forget me in lists of cool new players should I be honoured that I'm not considered new or offended that I'm forgotten?

You are a cool new player. Podima just posts in this thread more than you.

Asiina posted:

something something marvel movies

I'm Batman.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Effortpost because I can't sleep:

I feel like there are a few games signing up that seem fun but I've been trying my best to stick to the "one game at a time" rule, which I personally feel is responsible for my still finding Mafia really fun after two years now. I've had a few stages of burning out on it and almost every time it's because I tried to play two or three games at once.

I don't think Mafia is dying (no matter how much people like that meme), just that it's a community like any other where people rotate in and out. There are old players I don't see anymore who I miss, but at the same time there are newer players who I think contribute plenty.

For what it's worth I think I like this community (all iterations of it that I've been a part of) more than the actual game of Mafia - as a lot of you guys know I recently moved out of the city into a really remote town on the other side of the country, and being able to have this weird little group of online strangers to talk to / game with has genuinely been helpful in making the switch in lifestyles. So thanks for that :glomp:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Asiina posted:

Mafia is dead. This thread is now for play by post moba roleplaying.

Invoker slicks back his luxurious blonde hair. He looks around to his new companions and smirks. His cape swishes behind him as he walks from the base. As he descends the steps from the fountain he yells out to heavens.

"Mid or AFK!"

Me: Umm, I umm, I guess I'll go bottom

Teammates: You shouldn't be up that far

Me: What? Why?

*gets one shot by some dude the same level as him*

MOBAs are bad games.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

Me: Umm, I umm, I guess I'll go A

Teammates: You shouldn't be up that far

Me: What? Why?

*gets one shot by some dude with the same gun as you*

CSGO is a bad game.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

:agreed:

edit: People need to join Jimson's game! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769699

The last couple months I've been playing less and less games but now that the semester is half over I should have a lot more time. So join me as I post in dumb mafia threads while Home Alone.

George Kansas fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 25, 2016

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would but I am already in two games

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

For what it's worth I think I like this community (all iterations of it that I've been a part of) more than the actual game of Mafia - as a lot of you guys know I recently moved out of the city into a really remote town on the other side of the country, and being able to have this weird little group of online strangers to talk to / game with has genuinely been helpful in making the switch in lifestyles. So thanks for that :glomp:

This is definitely the best thing about this game for me. Despite being in France, I can't help but appreciate the slice of Americana and English you guys bring into my life. I may only sporadically play but I like this dumb thread.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

In games, I'm like some kind of mad lurker king, but now that I actually want to play and get active, I've got a schedule that means I can't play. Hell, I've got two setups that are almost ready to go, one needs a bit of role tweaking, the other just needs me to finish writing PMs and some more flavor text, and I don't even have the free brainspace to do that.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Also people gotta sign the gently caress up for Survivor, I am jonesing to watch that poo poo. Anyone who's not made top three can get in now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The best thing about playing mafia is getting to call you people idiots with no reprisal

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I dunno how well it'd run, but I wonder if one could design a mystery game like the old Cluedo or Whodunnit shows.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Mafia died when Betrayer killed Cool Hangout Mafia 2.0.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

In all seriousness I think it's more likely it's spring break and people are busy? How many of us are still in college :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Mafia died when Betrayer killed Cool Hangout Mafia 2.0.

well with a name like that...

Quidnose posted:

In all seriousness I think it's more likely it's spring break and people are busy? How many of us are still in college :v:

you probably don't want to know how close to zero that number is