Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

trashbuilder posted:

That's probably the more likely than people not reading good comics, sigh just going to have a head lopper party by myself

:sadpeanut: The art and pacing is fantastic

:sadpeanut: A good mix of humor and action

:sadpeanut: the quarterly release schedule plays to it's strengths

We can party together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TwoPair posted:

"You said we were going to get pizza"

"drat it Raphael I thought you were the cool broody one, I thought you'd like this but it's all pizza with you assholes, huh?"

"I just don't get why we couldn't bring Casey with us. What do you have against him anyway?"

"I'm not wearing hockey pads."

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

a kitten posted:

Some teamup, no idea where exactly.

The Batman/TMNT crossover comic running now. It's great.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Michaelangelo and Alfred interacting wasn't something I knew I needed in my life.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

From The Fuse vol 2 (don't know the issue as I wasn't buying singles). The Fuse is a solar power station in retrograde geostationary orbit, the comic follows homicide detectives Klementina Ristovych and her new partner Ralph Dietrich. It's probably the best police comic you're not reading, managing as it does to capture the spirit of good cop drama. Unfortunately, that means it doesn't have many sequences that can go in the panels threads.

Gridlocking is the fine art of racing magnetized scooters on the surface of the Fuse's solar array. The #1 racer, Starlight, was found dead apparently after going on the grid during a meteor storm. Since she clearly wasn't an idiot, Klem and Dietrich get the case as a homicide.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Teenage Fansub posted:

Seconding this. It's a really fun book.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

TwoPair posted:

"You said we were going to get pizza"

"drat it Raphael I thought you were the cool broody one, I thought you'd like this but it's all pizza with you assholes, huh?"

Actually it's the exact opposite that leads to that panel. Raphael is being the broody one while everyone else (including batman) is enjoying pizza at the batcave.

Also, Leonardo is better than Batman.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Also, Leonardo is better than Batman.

He was distracted :colbert:

I love that Bats smiled when he said that. He's happy to have someone he can really spar with.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

prefect posted:

Mimes exist to be insulted and abused. It is their reason for being.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

a kitten posted:

Some teamup, no idea where exactly.

And if you think this is sweet, wait till I show you the crowbar back in the Batcave.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Ygolonac posted:

"Smelleth thy hammer. SMELLETH!"

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Tom Scioli's Satan's Soldier is taking car of his errant children (don't worry, they're okay).

http://www.ambarb.com/?cat=77

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So Captain Hero from Drawn Together has his own comic now, huh.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gavok posted:

So Captain Hero from Drawn Together has his own comic now, huh.

Nobody remembers that show, Gavok.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Satan's Soldier is pretty awesome. But then I'm a huge Tom Scioli fanboy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

ImpAtom posted:

Nobody remembers that show, Gavok.

I do :(

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Who's Gavok?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SynthOrange posted:

Who's Gavok?

That guy with the Carnage avatar I think

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SynthOrange posted:

Who's Gavok?

No, Who is Jim Neidhart.

Make sure never to watch the movie. Trust me on this.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Gavok posted:

No, Who is Jim Neidhart.

Um, The Anvil. Duh.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Um, The Anvil. Duh.

No, WHO is Jim Neidhart!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Third base.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Gavok posted:

Make sure never to watch the movie. Trust me on this.
I didn't know there was a movie and I guess now I should forget it?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Ghostlight posted:

I didn't know there was a movie and I guess now I should forget it?

Same. I'm guessing by movie it was some cheap DTV thing years later.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

It was. It was a mix of bitterness for being cancelled (after only three seasons) and the freedom of not having to deal with censorship, which means you don't have to think of jokes because you can just show dicks and say "gently caress" a lot.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
*ahem* Thread Title

from Peter Bagge's Other Lives

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Punisher MAX #41

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Windows 98 posted:

Punisher MAX #41

oh

i get it

the joke is rape

ha

ha

ha

:geno:

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The guy giving the threat dies soon thereafter, thankfully, but the solider is a dickhole bad guy too so it's a nice bow on top of his death that he goes out with that level of despair.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Windows 98 posted:

Punisher MAX #41

That's not even meant to be funny in context.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
I just posted Superman drowning his babies and didn't find that Punisher page funny.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Wanderer posted:

That's not even meant to be funny in context.

Ok so maybe my sense of humor is too dark. I just thought it was funny in the same way the "oh god I'm so wet right now" line from the same series that I've seen posted before. It's so outrageous and over the top that it crosses into comedy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Windows 98 posted:

Ok so maybe my sense of humor is too dark. I just thought it was funny in the same way the "oh god I'm so wet right now" line from the same series that I've seen posted before. It's so outrageous and over the top that it crosses into comedy.

The Boys by Garth Ennis seems like something you'd enjoy, as you just described the majority of the jokes in that comic.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

So this is what it's like when 4chan and CAH are allowed to have a baby.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Serious Frolicking posted:

The Boys by Garth Ennis seems like something you'd enjoy, as you just described the majority of the jokes in that comic.

Big difference is that The Boys is actually pretty loving funny. Like when the shape shifter guy turns himself into a giant pair of old woman undies and smothers this guy's

big sister/den mother type because it was her most traumatic childhood moment.

Like, the jokes in The Boys are meant to be funny, they're funny things that happen in a gross awful world full of gross awful people, but they have underlying humor and humorous intent, not just a "so gross and wrong it's funny" kind of thing. Also, in so far as it's possible to have tasteful rape jokes, the majority of the rape jokes in The Boys center around this charming fellow

and that particular command.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Here are some panels from Patsy Walker #4. The context is that she's having a rematch against a rookie villain she had a brief run-in with in the previous issue. Kind of weird, but there's no sadistic langouring over the pain of others on this page, and not even one rape joke. Possibly an editorial oversight, but my No-Prize explanation is that those things aren't funny!

And here's a cute bit from Power Man & Iron Fist #2:

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Mar 26, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Surprisingly, both Power Men aren't white, as opposed to having a primary white Power Man and a redundant PoC with the same name. Good job Marvel!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

WickedHate posted:

Surprisingly, both Power Men aren't white, as opposed to having a primary white Power Man and a redundant PoC with the same name. Good job Marvel!

I hope that everyone at Marvel has enough sense to avoid a situation where a bunch of people would describe one of their hero characters as "the white Power Man".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Well, he goes by Atlas now.