Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Lotta cruelty to animals going on in here. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

prefect posted:

Lotta cruelty to animals going on in here. :(

They look like dire wolves or something. It's okay to slaughter those

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

I will cut you

WHAT IS HE LOOKING AT

Toadstrieb
Apr 15, 2011

Chinston Wurchill posted:

He's stationary, the wolf is moving.

I am not convinced of this. Baseball thing got me tho.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

Duke Igthorn posted:

All those badass Spider-Man panels remind me that they chumped Spider-Man in "Deadpool kills the Marvel U". Taken out just by a regular pistol? With an actual beat built in? Bull.

That was basically Deadpool abusing his whole meta thing: the general idea is there's NO WAY Spider-Man would just get shot, and Deadpool basically went NOPE and hence was able to shoot him. He basically weaponized story tropes.

Now, Thor getting squashed with his own hammer, giant or not, THAT was some bullshit.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I'd call that more "I've got a literal half-ton of ballast I can't get rid of, gently caress you for being quick on your feet :mad:"

Now that I say that, I don't actually know how much his Adamantium weighs. I know it's a lot.

I've seen something that said he was about 500lbs with the Adamantium and 225 without. The No-prize answer I've heard circle is that the extra weight actually makes him stronger. His healing factor lets him rapidly repair damage equivalent to weight lifting over and over again until he eventually gets used to/compensates for the extra poundage.

It probably doesn't hurt that before he was on Every superhero team the only things he seemed to do at the x-mansion were train in the danger room, hit on Jean, get drunk & watch hockey, and more danger room.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Batgirl #50.

Barbara has been able to walk in the N52 thanks to some superscience implant. This bad guy here has been messing with her life recently, manipulating her memories.

Never mind her immediately getting it fixed, sort of reducing the moment.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 9, 2016

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

From Secret Wars: Civil War #2 and 3.

The story of the book is that it's a land/reality where Civil War ended in catastrophe and created a split where President Stark controlled one half and General America the other. It takes place six years later. Peter Parker goes on a black ops mission into Stark's land and with him is Venom. All we know is that Mac Gargan is dead so this Venom's identity is a mystery. Doesn't help that he never talks. The only hint we have is the shape of the Venom symbol.

A Sentinel kills Elektra (who is dressed as Daredevil) and is then destroyed.

Later on...

And that's it! Other than a couple background appearances, that's all we see of him.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I have zero idea who that might be.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SynthOrange posted:

Read the dialog in the second to last panel.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

SynthOrange posted:

Pete calls him by name in the 2nd last panel.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
It's Hawkguy

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It is as blunt as a 70s comic, how can you not get it.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
I suppose it's possible that someone might be unfamiliar with the character of Hawkeye, such that the combination of 'uses a bow' and 'is called Clint' doesn't click for them. I mean, stranger things have happened.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh I thought Pete was just calling him a oval office for no reason.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Oh I thought Pete was just calling him a oval office for no reason.

No, this Civil War wasn't written by Millar.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

I think this speaks for itself pretty well.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Variant cover or crossover? :eyepop:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Variant cover or crossover? :eyepop:

Welp, it's just a slew of IDW ROM variant covers for all their titles.

one more:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I really liked Ryall's shameless ROM rip-off Onyx. But I have a feeling I'm going to be really disappointed with his ROM and want Onyx back.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The best one is the Transformers one where a tiny ROM fistbumps Rodimus Prime.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Gaz-L posted:

The best one is the Transformers one where a tiny ROM fistbumps Rodimus Prime.

Your img link isn't working.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
That's p boss.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Having space booties instead of his weird claw-feet feels wrong.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rom Spaceknight and Angela are like the comic versions of when a wrestler goes from WWF to WCW and has to start a new persona, even though we all know who they are.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Gavok posted:

Rom Spaceknight and Angela are like the comic versions of when a wrestler goes from WWF to WCW and has to start a new persona, even though we all know who they are.

Yeah but Angela was like cactus jack leaving WCW/ecw and going to WWF

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I think ROM is going to end being more like the fake Razor Ramon. Sure he has the same name and looks kinda similar, but everything thing else just doesn't measure up.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Does this new version of ROM go around mass murdering people all over the world and handwaving it away with NO YOU JUST CAN'T SEE THROUGH THEIR FLAWLESS DISGUISES LIKE I CAN WITH MY NEUTRALIZER RAY I'M NOT EVEN KILLING THEM IT JUST REALLY LOOKS LIKE IT

If not, :nallears:

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Flesh Forge posted:

Does this new version of ROM go around mass murdering people all over the world and handwaving it away with NO YOU JUST CAN'T SEE THROUGH THEIR FLAWLESS DISGUISES LIKE I CAN WITH MY NEUTRALIZER RAY I'M NOT EVEN KILLING THEM IT JUST REALLY LOOKS LIKE IT

does Bill Mantlo get a piece of the action?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Flesh Forge posted:

Reminds me of the light-hearted antics of the Skrull Kill Krew.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

For those unfortunate enough to have never read ROM, basically he goes around the galaxy fighting these bad guys called the Dire Wraiths, who infiltrate planets by disguising themselves etc etc. ROM has a super space tech Neutralizer Ray that first allows him (and only him) to see through their disguise, and then fucks up their poo poo. ROM sees this:

Everyone else sees this:

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 4, 2016

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
If you'd like to see more, check out the documentary version: They Live.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

It never occurred to me to look at dates before, but ROM was first by about 8 years.

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...
...And around 85-86, Ray Nelson and Bill Wray created the story NADA which was published in Eclipse Comics' Alien Encounters.

John Carpenter read the story and liked so much he bought the rights and used it as the springboard to create They Live.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Jubilee has been bitten by a vampire and Storm asked Dracula to help cure her.

X-Men '92 #3

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
"I know, I agreed to pay a price, just not that price."

Dracula: Rubbish Negotiator.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
How the hell is she gonna keep that sunlight shining? She can control the weather, not rotate the earth at will.

loving bluffed Dracula!

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I briefly thought this meant regular Jubes was getting un-vampired and I got excited. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

How the hell is she gonna keep that sunlight shining? She can control the weather, not rotate the earth at will.

loving bluffed Dracula!

Cartoon Ororo had a bit of a god complex.