Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

So far, the crazier ones have the best sex.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

malal posted:

At least we can all look down on the LARPers.

Yeah, Harley riders take a lot of flack

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013
So I had a rather interesting ride home from work today. About a third of the way home, I'm in the fast lane overtaking cars when I notice a shitbox is tailgating a few meters from the back of my bike at 80km/h. Guy ends up overtaking me, winds down the window of said shitbox, and starts yelling obscenities (and this is Australia so it was colourful). I proceed to flip him the bird, and he proceeds to leave the inside lane and take the next exit from the road. I notice a bike is not far behind me and I can see he has a helmet cam. At the next lights, the guy stops next to me, asks if everything is ok, I just shrug and say the dude was clearly a oval office, he says he might have recorded, I tell him there's not much to do. He filters and I follow, and hits the green light before me.

Halfway to the next set of lights, his bike (ninja 250) literally catches fire. I race up at the (thankfully) red light and start screaming fire, and start to wave my hand in the direction of it. Luckily the fire goes out, but I tell the guy he seriously needs to pull over and have a look at his poo poo. I follow him to the next available turn-off to make sure he doesn't spontaneously combust, and wave him goodbye.

Basically, people are cunts, but bikers are generally pretty cool blokes.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

All you miniature painters in here - the whole carburetor maintenance fetish makes sense now.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Just posted a "looking for starter bikes" type of post on a local facebook group. First post, a purple with purple flames airbrushed stretched ninja 636 with lot of chrome trim for 7k. Fuckin lol.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I'm like 50-50 on that being a troll or totally in earnest.

Before I started riding, I was looking at older bikes on Craigslist and a coworker with who rode an R6 saw me. Said "no, no man, let me sell you my bike, I'm trying to upgrade anyway and it's a great starter."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Saw someone SMIDSY into the side of a 48-ton lorry this morning. Only a fender-bender but seriously if he couldn't see that, what chance does anything smaller have?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Do SMIDSYs even count when the're not even look out out the window?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm
:10bux: says his phone conveniently dropped under his seat after he was done texting.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Replaying the helmet cam footage reveals it's actually a rare double-SMIDSY. The car was coming out of a narrow side-turn, turning left into a two-lane road. The lorry was in the right-hand lane and caught in traffic, the car pulled out and left his nose over the line into the lorry's lane and when the traffic cleared they both drove into each other. Flawless.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Trying to get my wheels on the wr250x balanced is turning out to be a real pain. Had the front rebalanced today to "perfect", and now I get bad headshake at 70+ instead of 80+. Stock tire sizes, everything else was gone over today and it's just the balancing.

Now I gotta take the wheel up to cycle gear and see if they can work more magic on it than my personal mechanic.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
I might want one of those new Triumph twins. What the hell is wrong with me.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
It's ok that is what sanity feels like

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Please see a doctor, lusting for a 4-stroke ptwin is a sign of head injury

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
What if it were a 90 degree crank ptwin?

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
Tis the season, I suppose: I've had no less than four people this week asking for parts for their bikes and/or just talking about their new rides, and none of them knew the engine size or type. All of then were new risers.
How do you buy a brand new versys and not know the it's a 650 p-twin?

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Because you're preoccupied with "hey cool look at that spring on the side"

Fishvilla
Apr 11, 2011

THE SHAGMISTRESS

clutchpuck posted:

Not a drat thing.

:britain:

Photo from when I picked it up in the fall.

Join me in the world of torque. Also, think of all of the cafe job photos we could post to trigger the the CA hipster-haters.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

clutchpuck posted:

They sound pretty loving awesome with those Arrow exhausts.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
The Triumph twins are fine all around bikes. Like an EX500 but better looking.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I'm tempted to trade my Bonneville for a T120. The extra 335ccs sounds fun.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Fishvilla posted:

Join me in the world of torque. Also, think of all of the cafe job photos we could post to trigger the the CA hipster-haters.

lmao let me know when you actually join the world of torque.

*wheelies away*

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Yeah I wouldn't say I live very far from this magical world of torque. Wouldn't hate it if I had an easier way to put it down though.

*accidentally wheelies away*

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

KARMA! posted:

Do SMIDSYs even count when the're not even look out out the window?

That spelling is atrocious. Good lord.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Despite my personal disagreement with parallel twins, I will say that the triumph ptwins sound amazing with aftermarket exhaust

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Fishvilla posted:

Not a drat thing.

:britain:

Photo from when I picked it up in the fall.

ZRX: Not Enough Torque

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

KARMA! posted:

That spelling is atrocious. Good lord.

Yeah, it's smidsies, didn't you learn grammar?

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Yeah, it's smidsies, didn't you learn grammar?

I will prostrate mine-self upon the holiest of tomes, the oxford dictionary.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
Befriend Strunk and White.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Had a conversation about bikes with a guy at work, said his dad's friend had a Busa that he added another gear to so it would go faster.
Yup, I'm sure he did. :rolleyes:

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
Not smarter than thou translation: changed sprockets.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Nuh uh. My uncle works for Suzuki and he has their new bike called the "Hyperbusa" and it has three more gears than a regular Hayabusa so it can go three times as fast. But I can't show you because he'd get in trouble.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5522168479.html

Peak BMW, for the booklet in picture 11 that says "No, he doesn't teach MSF classes".

Only registered members can see post attachments!

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
"2nd adult owner." Would someone other than a gray-haired BMW rider write that?

E: His sentence structure is terrible, however.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Z3n posted:

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/5522168479.html

Peak BMW, for the booklet in picture 11 that says "No, he doesn't teach MSF classes".

Man I wish that were local and I were in the market for a bike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Pope Mobile posted:

I totally understand the sentiment (I was hyped that my PO was a 60 year old hot rodder who just liked to polish it and change the oil) but there has got to be a less douchey way to express it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Chichevache posted:

I totally understand the sentiment (I was hyped that my PO was a 60 year old hot rodder who just liked to polish it and change the oil) but there has got to be a less douchey way to express it.

Especially as it also suggests an indeterminate number of toddlers may have owned the bike too.

And if you don't believe a toddler would own a BMW, well...

https://twitter.com/denhamsadler/status/717859962198761472

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Pope Mobile posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I resemble that remark.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

MoraleHazard posted:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I resemble that remark.

Do you use the lasers for cavity removal or still have drills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram

Pope Mobile posted:

Do you use the lasers for cavity removal or still have drills?

Neither; they just pulled my teeth. I have wooden ones, just like George Washington.