Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
https://twitter.com/thehill/status/713408379188809728

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ted cruz in denial of allegation of extramarital affair with 5 women.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Shakugan posted:

So Salon have picked it up, running with the angle that it shouldn't matter.

How the gently caress doesn't it matter when Cruz is running on a platform of Christian purity and is a major proponent of "the sanctity of marriage"?

Because politics these days is my team vs your team. Republicans could be having abortions once a month with mistresses and no one would give a poo poo because it's their team. It's like rooting for the Bears.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Skwirl posted:

Saying it doesn't matter allows Salon to say they would never stoop so low as to cover a sex scandal, while covering a sex scandal.

Yea it's an old trick. Say 'aw geeze guys this shouldn't be news at all, sad really. Anyway here's the thing we say shouldn't be news, presented as news'

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Alter Ego posted:

Most of the old Confederacy will probably vote Trump so on the off-chance this happened it'd be more LBJ-sized than Reagan-sized.

But if the GOP elites try a third-party run and successfully sabotage Trump... :getin:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Cruz on Enquirer piece: "It is garbage, complete & utter lies. It is a tabloid smear and it has come from Donald Trump and his henchmen."

https://mobile.twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/713407295833710592

Well, now that Trump has been invoked directly, let's see where this goes....

:getin:

E: :getin: should be in every post from now on when referencing the GOP or this election cycle

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Cruz on Enquirer piece: "It is garbage, complete & utter lies. It is a tabloid smear and it has come from Donald Trump and his henchmen."

https://mobile.twitter.com/ajjaffe/status/713407295833710592

Instead of being actually incensed, he still sounds like he's countering a debate attack. I don't know what counts as cheating according to lizardman biology and ethos, but Ted Cruz definitely fertilized another lizardwoman's clutch

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

But if the GOP elites try a third-party run and successfully sabotage Trump... :getin:

Then we're looking at 50 states + DC.

Well, 49 states. Florida will somehow vote for Pat Buchanan.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

it's time to spill the beans

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Bernice Anders posted:

TED CRUZ DENIES SEX SCANDAL

No, Ted didn't deny it. Someone else did on his behalf, which he can walk back if he decides he needs to come clean and then answer differently. He will only get one chance to PERSONALLY give a definitive answer to this problem, and I'm sure he's trying to figure out what to say right now.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Despera posted:

Let's commit a career destroying move so someone who is winning can win even harder

That's assuming the people involved are rational actors.

But the thing is, Trump is winning, but there is a big question mark as to whether he'll get the required delegates for a lock. If Trump is 1 delegate short, it opens him up to being ratfucked. By destroying Cruz--even if it turns out to be false, this still hurts him in the short term--Trump's margin is assured.

I mean, he could still be ratfucked by a rule change, but that'll be an even harder sell to the base if they do that.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Count Freebasie posted:

No, Ted didn't deny it. Someone else did on his behalf, which he can walk back if he decides he needs to come clean and then answer differently. He will only get one chance to PERSONALLY give a definitive answer to this problem, and I'm sure he's trying to figure out what to say right now.

He said it was "lies". That's a denial.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

ted cruz: i love to gently caress, and i do gently caress

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2007/10/breaking-news-j.html posted:

"I've been in love with the same woman for 30-plus years," Edwards added, about his wife Elizabeth, who is suffering from incurable cancer, "and as anybody who's been around us knows, she's an extraordinary human being, warm, loving, beautiful, sexy and as good a person as I have ever known. So the story's just false."

hello darkness my old friend

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

Isn't it past time to register to be put on a ballot in most states? I guess you can do a write in, but how does that even work since everything is computerized.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Count Freebasie posted:

Whether or not Hillary will win the GE, anyone who doesn't think that Trump is going to paint her with several coats of poo poo is naive. He may come off as knee-jerk and reactionary, but if you think he isn't amassing a stockpile of ammo to launch at her when the time comes that she's his only target, you're a fool. He's mining for or already has good dirt on her, I'm sure, and he will leverage every mistake, and dumb thing she's ever said or done. He won't win by making himself into a better man by the GE, he will try to win by tearing her to pieces and making her look like a manipulative, lying criminal, who can't be trusted.

If the two of them get to square-off it will be beautiful. It won't be a boxing it match, it will be a Kickboxer broken glass on your wraps fight.

The right has, at various points, tried to paint her as a brain-damaged lying murderous lesbian witch, and none of it stuck, what's Donald Trump going to do?

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

If we get a 3rd party run, then Hillary should think about which EC voter should cast a blank to preserve Washington's precedent.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BeOSPOS posted:

For real, as dumb as Cruz is you have to be a total idiot to instantly go "AW poo poo YA GOT ME" at this stuff, Everyone says 'what no, gently caress you' first

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so i see we are still pretending the guy who is disliked by at least 70% of everyone who isnt already calling him "daddy" in public is a machiavellian post-political genius

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Philthy posted:

Isn't it past time to register to be put on a ballot in most states? I guess you can do a write in, but how does that even work since everything is computerized.

Nope. Earliest filing deadline for an independent candidate is Texas, May 9th. They need 80k signatures from people who didn't participate in either party primary, though, so the time to get that effort started is "pretty soon".

https://ballotpedia.org/Filing_deadlines_and_signature_requirements_for_independent_presidential_candidates,_2016

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

He said it was "lies". That's a denial.

You're missing my point. That wasn't Cruz's personal tweet. It was someone else's. If it comes to a point where he has to own up to it due to overwhelming evidence, he can always say a staff-member tweeted that without my explicit blessing. I want to see Ted's actual statement, straight from the goblin's mouth.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i mean, by all means donald, please keep doing the thing that has lead to 50% of the women in your own party saying they wont vote for you. its working absolute magic for the GE, obviously

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot

paranoid randroid posted:

so i see we are still pretending the guy who is disliked by at least 70% of everyone who isnt already calling him "daddy" in public is a machiavellian post-political genius

Trump is going to be president.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

zen death robot posted:

Holy poo poo Ted why did you invoke Drumpfs name while denying it?

He's a dumb and stupid man

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The right has, at various points, tried to paint her as a brain-damaged lying murderous lesbian witch, and none of it stuck, what's Donald Trump going to do?

Sure she's been attacked by The Right. But not one-on-one in a debate with Trump. Don't conflate Trump attacks with standard, past GOP attacks. He slings poo poo on a whole other level.

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Tatum Girlparts posted:

For real, as dumb as Cruz is you have to be a total idiot to instantly go "AW poo poo YA GOT ME" at this stuff, Everyone says 'what no, gently caress you' first

yep. interesting parallel to john edwards though not that it matters when nothing matters

also, edwards refused to sign an affidavit confirming his denial of the allegations

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Attack competently.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

i mean, by all means donald, please keep doing the thing that has lead to 50% of the women in your own party saying they wont vote for you. its working absolute magic for the GE, obviously

trump will be the first outsider to directly show the RESET button that campaigns use to wipe the short-term memory of their voter base

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Bernice Anders posted:

Trump is going to be president.

counterpoint: nuh-uh

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

zen death robot posted:

Holy poo poo Ted why did you invoke Trumps name while denying it?

haha that means trump gets 30 seconds to refute the allegation on tv

Bernice Anders
Feb 26, 2016

by zen death robot
"What's he going to do, stump me?" quote from stumped woman.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

actually i'm joining the group that says kasich is behind all this. trump was merely a herald of what's to come

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Count Freebasie posted:

You're missing my point. That wasn't Cruz's personal tweet. It was someone else's. If it comes to a point where he has to own up to it due to overwhelming evidence, he can always say a staff-member tweeted that without my explicit blessing. I want to see Ted's actual statement, straight from the goblin's mouth.

That's a journalist's tweet reporting words that came out of Ted Cruz's personal mouth.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I dunno hart did dare reporters to follow him and then he still went to his mistress

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Pinterest Mom posted:

Nope. Earliest filing deadline for an independent candidate is Texas, May 9th. They need 80k signatures from people who didn't participate in either party primary, though, so the time to get that effort started is "pretty soon".

https://ballotpedia.org/Filing_deadlines_and_signature_requirements_for_independent_presidential_candidates,_2016

Yeah, if they were serious about it, they'd need to find someone willing and start today. Paul Ryan is probably the only one who has any real backing from the conservatives/tea party/libertarians. Until he backs Trump, that is. After this year I think it'll be held against him and will, hopefully, fade away forever.

MothraAttack
Apr 28, 2008

BeOSPOS posted:

Houston Press in 2008 posted:

"That's tabloid trash," he said. "They're full of lies. I'm here to talk about helping people."

Which, as we read it, doesn't really address the specific allegations. But we guess the "tabloid trash" label always works.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Pinterest Mom posted:

Can't a candidate just pay $10k and get his name on the list?

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
"Would ya koindly forget all the poo poo I've said over the last several months?"

"A man chooses. A slave VOTES."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

This man would be an embarrassment—we don't want a president that traffics in sleaze & slime." Says he has an "issue w/strong women"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

That's a journalist's tweet reporting words that came out of Ted Cruz's personal mouth.

My bad, thought that was a staffer. Mea Culpa.

• Locked thread