Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

there are probably easier ways to find anime girls to jerk off to, but i'm not a connoisseur so i might be missing something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.

Awesome! posted:

enjoy your big anime titties meowbot :)

And enjoy your smaller ones. That's what most are apparently doing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Enjoy being on a watchlist and eventually having to tell your neighbors about the game you bought so that they can decide if they should sell their house

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

croutonZA posted:

Yup, that's pretty much how it works.

- Make HK account.
- Add account to your PS4.
- Set PS4 as primary on the HK account.
- Add funds to HK account with HK$ prepaid card.
- Buy game and start download.
- Go back to your regular account.
- Play silly game.

If you want DLC you'll need to purchase it on the HK account but will still work on your main account.

Correct, although there is one...well, actually, two, gotchas:

1. The Japanese and Asian SKU's for the game are different. The Japanese version comes from Japanese PSN and has text only in Japanese. The Asian version has English, Chinese and Korean text, and comes from other PSN territories in Southeast Asia (Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Indonesia etc.), meaning any sort of promotional codes for the Japanese version giving you DLC won't work, they will have to be for the Asian version.

2. CONSUMABLE DLC (e.g. Zack Island tickets) will only work if you're playing using the account which owns said DLC, in this case whatever Southeast Asian territory you went with. That said, any DLC which gave you a costume directly would still work on another account.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Enjoy being on a watchlist and eventually having to tell your neighbors about the game you bought so that they can decide if they should sell their house

Sweet! Peace and quiet!

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Let meowbot have his fun :smith:

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Attitude Indicator posted:

there are probably easier ways to find anime girls to jerk off to, but i'm not a connoisseur so i might be missing something.

This one has VR support

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

This one has VR support

Idea Factory is supporting VR. At least the next Monster Monpiece will have a real game attached to it while I rub the tips of the Move controllers.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The DoA girls are way kawaiier than those ugly things.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

MisterAlex posted:

And enjoy your smaller ones. That's what most are apparently doing.

Q: When you say character specific, that means if you make Marie Rose wear other girls' swimsuits, it will fit?

Hayashi: Yes, every swimsuits have character specific models. It might sound like I am joking, but the swimsuit data was so big that there was talks that we couldn't fit it all in the blu-ray disc.

Q: Do you have any recommended combination?

Hayashi: like I said, making Marie Rose wear other girl's swimsuit is recommended. A girl with small breast wearing swimsuit that belonged to girl with big breats, this gap-moe is great.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

mods please rename me to gap-moe.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'm not shocked gap-moe is a thing, but I would have expected it to mean a cute gap in teeth.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It can mean two things

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Burn everything and salt the earth

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

When your fetish is ill-fitting swimsuits you need to do everything you can to satisfy it.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Wait, so if she wears "someone else's" swimsuit, it'll still be cut to that other person's size? As if she went into their room and rifled through their things for something to wear? Wacky. I'd have expected them to just use some kind of scaling.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
So, is there a big difference between U.S. PSN and Canadian PSN in game availability? Is it possible for me to the same thing meowbot did?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

El Gallinero Gros posted:

So, is there a big difference between U.S. PSN and Canadian PSN in game availability? Is it possible for me to the same thing meowbot did?

There is basically zero difference aside from like two Call of Duty games which have separate French versions. That said, Canadian PSN card availability online is a bit tricky, and most game prices are around the same after exchange. If you mean to get an HK account for DOAX3 that'll work too.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Does DOA Extreme have anything to do with the plot? I don't want to miss out on a canon game. I think there could be a lot of interaction between Akane and Kasumi that would impact the charterer arc for future games.

Also has there been any word on Future DLC? I would appreciate Big head mode, DK mode, Flat mode, and metallic swimsuits.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

So on another tack... here's another PS+ deal if you're wanting to top up.

1-year PlayStation Plus card for $39.99

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

MisterAlex posted:

So on another tack... here's another PS+ deal if you're wanting to top up.

1-year PlayStation Plus card for $39.99

If I get this for my secondary US account, will my primary EU account be able to play online?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

croutonZA posted:

If I get this for my secondary US account, will my primary EU account be able to play online?

Yes, but only the US account could claim monthly freebies.

BTW Japanese PSN has a 15% off code this weekend. H5G85G7JHQ

Expires the 31st at 11 P.M. Japan time.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

croutonZA posted:

Yeah, just be sure that your console is has been activated on your US account.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Does DOA Extreme have anything to do with the plot? I don't want to miss out on a canon game. I think there could be a lot of interaction between Akane and Kasumi that would impact the charterer arc for future games.
They finally kiss.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

univbee posted:

15% off anything? drat I might buy dragon quest builders

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Awesome! posted:

enjoy your big anime titties meowbot :)

Destructoid didn't and gave it 1.5/10 :allears: http://www.destructoid.com/review-dead-or-alive-xtreme-3-fortune-350687.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

In Training posted:

15% off anything? drat I might buy dragon quest builders

I believe it's anything that isn't a pre-order or subscription, so DQB should be fine.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

univbee posted:

Would this work on dark souls 3?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Mr E posted:

Would this work on dark souls 3?

You will only get Japanese text, but yes it should. Maybe try creating a cart before buying point cards just in case.

mrEkli
Feb 9, 2004
I was there.

To add to the burn:

quote:

This review is based on a retail build purchased by the reviewer.

Poor reviewer dude. Hahaha.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

univbee posted:

You will only get Japanese text, but yes it should. Maybe try creating a cart before buying point cards just in case.

Yeah I knew its the Japanese version, but there weeks is a long time and I have a bunch of expendable income right now.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I'm mad there isn't an Easter sale.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Wendell posted:

I'm mad there isn't an Easter sale.

I'm genuinely shocked there isn't one.

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

drat, this is a pretty fair review. I was expecting "game bad because tits" but it's pretty much "tits good but game bad".

Edit: Is there a list of highly recommended JPN only PS3/PS4 games out there?

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

There was a great Golden Week sale last year. I'm hoping for a repeat of that.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
To steer this thread away from anime cleavage, what's the skinny on Republique? Stealth-based games can be very hit or miss, but I kinda like the title and they name-drop MGS4 devs in the write up for it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

8-Bit Scholar posted:

To steer this thread away from anime cleavage, what's the skinny on Republique? Stealth-based games can be very hit or miss, but I kinda like the title and they name-drop MGS4 devs in the write up for it.

I'm curious about this as well. It was supposed to be a cool mobile game but I always prefer playing these things on consoles.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

croutonZA posted:

Edit: Is there a list of highly recommended JPN only PS3/PS4 games out there?

Too many for PS3, too few for PS4. Can you actually read Japanese? If not, what's your tolerance for reading translation guides and/or Google Translated Japanese language strategy wikis to get started? Very few Japanese exclusive games have English language support so if the answer is zero then there's almost nothing.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

republique: i got it for free on ios and couldn't be bothered finishing it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The easiest import PS4 game to recommend is still Assault Suits Leynos, its just a good arcadey action game with no language barrier

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Alternatively it's Puyo Puyo Tetris but I've been considering Leynos. That $70 CAD price point for the physical version makes me balk pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

croutonZA posted:

drat, this is a pretty fair review. I was expecting "game bad because tits" but it's pretty much "tits good but game bad".

If you see their other recent reviews, they were actually pretty even-handed. Senran Kagura got a 7.5 even though it is primarily known as the animay tittay game because "tits good but game good too".

• Locked thread