Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Lil Peeler posted:

, in the previews I saw a look like Superman had a bunch of guards. Why would Superman need guards? How do you assassinate Superman?

very carefully

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Lil Peeler posted:

, in the previews I saw a look like Superman had a bunch of guards. Why would Superman need guards? How do you assassinate Superman?

Well they went to the trouble of getting matching uniforms and sewing special patches on their sleeves and everything and Superman was just too polite to tell them it wasn't necessary and it pretty much just snowballed from there.

Also there was absolutely no reason for them to set up a fake convoy with a fake box just to lure the Batman into a trap, Superman could have just flown over there and grabbed him but I guess he wanted all those soldier guys to feel like they'd made a useful contribution.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Mar 25, 2016

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lil Peeler posted:

It was from one of the many annoying dream sequences in the movie.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Plot for the sequel to Batman vs. Superman leaked.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Supermen Movies Ranked

4. man of steel
3. real steel
2. steel
1. hands of steel

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well they went to the trouble of getting matching uniforms and sewing special patches on their sleeves and everything and Superman was just too polite to tell them it wasn't necessary and it pretty much just snowballed from there.

Also there was absolutely no reason for them to set up a fake convoy with a fake box just to lure the Batman into a trap, Superman could have just flown over there and grabbed him but I guess he wanted all those soldier guys to feel like they'd made a useful contribution.

wait isn't that literally what happens in the harry potter movie when his owl dies

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

quote:

Batman vs. Superman is where you go when you admit to yourself that you’ve exhausted all possibilities... It’s somewhat of an admission that the franchise is on its last gasp.

- david goyer, 2005

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Zzulu posted:

They shoulda done a Punisher show

Nothing stopping Netflix and Marvel from spinning it off of Daredevil if this version of Punisher taking off.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
The first half of this movie is a mess. I hope they stop it with the visual symbolism that superman is Jesus. It's way too pretentious.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Jesus had a beard, superman is not jesus

you idiot

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

dog buttz posted:

"Now kiss Robin Jimmy...."

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
I'm gonna holdout for the upcoming birdman vs revenant movie.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Zzulu posted:

Jesus had a beard, superman is not jesus

you idiot

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Gaunab posted:

The first half of this movie is a mess. I hope they stop it with the visual symbolism that superman is Jesus. It's way too pretentious.

Superman as Jesus has always been stupid. The best versions are always Superman wanting to just be a good guy and having to weigh that against being a superhero. Meanwhile Batman is a sociopath rich guy who maims homeless men and appeals to the katana collecting crowd.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

this..

changes everything.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just call me the 'man of peel'

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

batman would probably save a lot of lives, time, and effort if hed just kill the joker

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

batman would probably save a lot of lives, time, and effort if hed just kill the joker

Just think of all the time he'd save training a new Robin and creating new log-ins on the batcomputer for him after the Joker beat the old one to death

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The joker is crrrrazee so you can't just kill him, dude. That would be problematic

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

How do you expect Batman to kill his one true love?

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I love how they've got a hero called Vigilante and his costume is a hat plus his scarf pulled up over his mouth. Reeeal loving stellar effort there, dude.

Un-l337-Pork
Sep 9, 2001

Oooh yeah...

I wish the CW arrow had that facial hair.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

I liked that Owls of Ga'Hoole movie.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug
Battleship was a good action movie.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
Batman vs Superman was a good rom-com.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Gal Gadot is so loving terrible in this. Like her version of "acting" is just emotionless script reading with a scowl. It's worse than Megan Fox in Transformers

But the blame really can't be bore only by her for this, Zack Snyder seriously has zero loving clue what actually makes for a strong female character and just ran with "Can lift a CGI tank and fight a CGI monster with videogame fighting moves"

I normally go out of my way to roll my eyes at the whole "Women in film are shown as weak" argument, but this movie, along with Sucker Punch, is super loving guilty of it. There's so much more to having an actress come off as believably "strong' than having her scowl, yell and stunt/CGI work. You have to build the goddam aura, you need other characters to NON-VERBALLY acknowledge their strength and you need it to be loving believable. Just watch Alien/Aliens. Sigourney Weaver is the baddest mother fucker in space by a country mile, the other characters acknowledge this throughout the movie by reacting to the poo poo she does. It's the same with Linda Hamilton in the first 2 Terminator movies. Even Tarintino did a much better job of it in the Kill Bill movies.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Nap Ghost
But how are her toes?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

LOL apparently the CIA guy in the beginning who put Lois in the honeypot after getting clapped was supposed to be Jimmy Olsen.

Jimmy Olsen is executed by terrorists in this movie.

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

It's pretty funny that they decided to use Batman as a way to mask the fact that they were doing the Death of Superman, one of the worst stories in comic book history.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I love how they've got a hero called Vigilante and his costume is a hat plus his scarf pulled up over his mouth. Reeeal loving stellar effort there, dude.

Vigilante is a cowboy pardner

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

You know there's a guy in Metropolis who works for the water waste company, and for years has wondered how the machines would break at random, for no reason.
Then he twigs it as Superman's pubes and hair got into them from him showering and such.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

On Bollywood chat, have their separated at birth Ugandan counterparts

trigger warning:VICE news
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sy0OOVTmsJI

dog buttz posted:

On silly superman comic chat,

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Man, kids crying as they leave the theatre is not the atmosphere you should have at the end of a superhero movie.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Man, kids crying as they leave the theatre is not the atmosphere you should have at the end of a superhero movie.

Please this be true, someone take a video of this.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

happyhippy posted:

Please this be true, someone take a video of this.

Literally just left the theater. There was a kid with his head buried in his mom's lap for the entire last five minutes wailing. There was this little kid in a superman shirt with his head down slowly leaving in front of me.

This movie wasn't bad, I went to see some trash. This poo poo was joyless. This poo poo is gonna haunt kids.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I like how the first 30-45 minutes of this movie were intro scenes. The best thing about this movie is going to be disappointed fans trying to defend it.

Gaunab fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 25, 2016

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't even imagine how vindicated Bryan Singer must feel right now.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

when i was walking out of man of steel i was thinking man superman returns looks amazing in comparison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This poo poo is some bullshit. I wanna see clark Kent and Peter Parker in a good old fashioned fistfight. :colbert:

• Locked thread