Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

CharlesM posted:

Bring back Ahura's flame

I always liked that logo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CharlesM posted:

Bring back Ahura's flame

Yes. The '92 pointy version also looks good.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Cage posted:

Sooo new navigator

If you put the Jaguar growling kitty emblem in the middle of that Lincoln's grille I would probably think "Hey, a big Jaguar SUV, neat".

I actually kind of like it.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Jag SUV has a dumb name.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Human Grand Prix posted:

Yes. The '92 pointy version also looks good.

Renault didn't like how close it was to their logo so Mazda had to change it

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Human Grand Prix posted:

The Jag SUV has a dumb name.

I hope they come out with an F-Pace Type XFS or something. Just throw all the names in a blender drat it.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

SouthLAnd posted:

I hope they come out with an F-Pace Type XFS-220 or something. Just throw all the names in a blender drat it.

You forgot the number part.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Friar Zucchini posted:

I'm kinda surprised they went with the rear window set at such a high angle. I'd thought conventional wisdom is that hurts aerodynamics by creating a vacuum that increases air pressure at the trailing edge of the roof with excess turbulence behind the car? Especially with how car makers are always trying to make stuff more aerodynamic, less rolling resistance, make everything slippery. Like with the orange-peel paint that may or may not give the car a golf ball effect.

Lol if you think orange peel is anything other than a lovely painting process.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

Lol if you think orange peel is anything other than a lovely painting process.

It's not even just a lovely painting process. It's the paint they have to use for environmental reasons. Pretty much anything that isn't hand finished after paint is going to have it. I've for sure seen it on Lambo's, Ferrari's and R8's.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Double posting for the refreshed Corolla

What the gently caress Toyota? This, the Prius, Lexus. Have you decided to see just how far you can go on name before looks drive off customers?

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Oh god what the hell???

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

fknlo posted:

It's not even just a lovely painting process. It's the paint they have to use for environmental reasons. Pretty much anything that isn't hand finished after paint is going to have it. I've for sure seen it on Lambo's, Ferrari's and R8's.

Is there more reading I can do on this? I'm interested as to what exactly they do this for.

I was at the lights next to a brand new black Audi and was surprised that my cars 20 year old white paint was smoother and deeper in appearance.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

fknlo posted:

What the gently caress Toyota? This, the Prius, Lexus. Have you decided to see just how far you can go on name before looks drive off customers?

That's probably the top-end Corolla "sport" trim line that you'll never ever see.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Non-VOC waterbased paints.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I kinda like the new Corolla. I hate the new Prius.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

What's with Toyota's refresh cycle these days? I thought they just refreshed all their cars and now they're at it again? Are they just slapping new fascias on everything and calling it a day? Toyota decided to catfish all the things!

I guess I'll be seeing that Carollacockroach everywhere soon :sigh:

quote:

Have you decided to see just how far you can go on name before looks drive off customers?

Honda's still in business after the last few civics so Toyota threw caution to the wind, since there's no accounting for taste anymore.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Toyota's new styling is terrible. The Prius, the Corolla, the hydrogen thing........ Awful.

And yet there's this which ridiculous oversized grille aside, is fantastic;

...which means it probably won't get released.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
The Japanese seem to really want all their cars to look like insects

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005

fknlo posted:

absolutely without a doubt the ugliest car I've ever seen.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Dislike button posted:

Anime should have told you this.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

absolutely without a doubt the ugliest car I've ever seen.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

I reserved judgment on the new Prius till I saw it in real life. I have seen it in real life. It's hideous and the trunk comes up to my nipples.

KakerMix fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 25, 2016

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
The Prius is not here to give you a boner, it is here to appliance you from point a to b as efficiently as possible so you can afford to drive a hellcat on sunny days.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

fknlo posted:

Soon cars will have no front bumper of any sort, and will just be a giant mess of black mesh honeycomb.

See also: lexus

Also the evo is getting there

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

The Pontiac Aztek was just ahead of it's time, apparently.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
this is why we should buy trucks

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Top Hats Monthly posted:

this is why we should buy trucks

But no one needs trucks though???

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Cage posted:

Soon cars will have no front bumper of any sort, and will just be a giant mess of black mesh honeycomb.

Also the evo is getting there

I like how you say 'getting there' like evo has changed appreciably in appearance since 2008

e: that prius is the most furtive, shifty looking car I've seen since Bender turned into christine.

Saukkis
May 16, 2003

Unless I'm on the inside curve pointing straight at oncoming traffic the high beams stay on and I laugh at your puny protest flashes.
I am Most Important Man. Most Important Man in the World.

Dislike button posted:

All the result of their childhood of beetle bug collecting.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

BloodBag posted:

I like how you say 'getting there' like evo has changed appreciably in appearance since 2008

Or like the Evo isn't dead in the water as of last year. Officially abandoned.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Elephanthead posted:

The Prius is not here to give you a boner, it is here to appliance you from point a to b as efficiently as possible so you can afford to drive a hellcat on sunny days.

Why wouldn't I just drive the Hellcat and save the 20k or so I'd spend on the Prius instead on fuel for the Hellcat? Makes much more sense imho

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Elephanthead posted:

Then it shouldn't be here to disgust you by being gently caress ugly, either. If it were truly designed to be the most fuel efficient appliance on the planet, they could dial it back a bit and just go for boring. Instead, they decide to 'edgy' it up a bit and assault everyone that has functioning eyes.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

BloodBag posted:

ishikabibble posted:

Or like the Evo isn't dead in the water as of last year. Officially abandoned.
Who cares about evos? :colbert:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Owns

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

It looks like a fat, stoned, asian whale shark from the front.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Passed one on the highway coming home earlier today and I tried to like the styling, I really tried....

didn't work.

U g l y .

edit: vvv Since I was passing it I barely got a glance at the front. Moving up from the rear to the driver's side, just looking at it was a painful experience.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 25, 2016

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
In my opinion the back is just tolerable and looks fine with more intense colors. The front should be enough to get the entire design team executed.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

fknlo posted:

It looks like a fat, stoned, asian whale shark from the front.

I was going to say the worlds wisest catfish

And yeah if you want good appliance styling the 2g Prius was clean, inoffensive, and practical. Naturally its gotten uglier ever since.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Dislike button posted:

That's the US market Corolla - it's what Toyota think you want to see

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

dissss posted:

That's the US market Corolla - it's what Toyota think you want to see
p sure they were referring to the car in the post directly above