Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I got the new PHY Vegeta! And like 2 of the exact same Android 19 in a row..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Eh, Beerus is good, isn't he? Not that I have anyone to link with him. My box is pretty much a bunch of super Saiyans, Z fighters, and a Divas team, with a few random event cards scattered in.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
That Beerus has one of the highest attacks in the game. He's a loving beast.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Webbeh posted:

That Beerus has one of the highest attacks in the game. He's a loving beast.

His only weakness is the lack of good links as you've already noted

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

He has Shocking Speed, which really is one of the best links in the game. He doesn't link very well with standard SSJ fodder, thats right though

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Got SSR Super Saiyan 2 Gohan with a single pull. Next one was typical Bojack trash.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I'm pretty much immune to getting the ssj2 animation. SR Jaco and SR Yamcha weren't worth getting excited over. :geno:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I just don't even look at it anymore. I just face it away from me and swipe a billion times.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Did a single pull and got the PHY SSGSS Vegeta :neckbeard:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Ok these characters really are bananas. I just did 57k damage with my TEQ SSR SSGSS Goku to an INT Guldo on Z-Hard.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I'm trying really hard to refrain from pulling a couple more singles. I keep telling myself that I'll have better odds for an SSR by waiting for the tournament, but goddamn, I really want to get one of those new ones.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

cptn_dr posted:

I'm trying really hard to refrain from pulling a couple more singles. I keep telling myself that I'll have better odds for an SSR by waiting for the tournament, but goddamn, I really want to get one of those new ones.

Here, i'll help.

8 single pulls, all R rarity. Don't be me. :negative:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

cptn_dr posted:

I dropped 2 multi-pulls and 4 more single pulls and the only SSR I got was a dupe PHY SSJ Vegeta. Wish I had kept my stones for the tournament.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, here's what I've got to work with.
What's the best WT I can put together? Right now, I basically just run rainbow Super Saiyans as my primary goto, but I'm wondering if there's something more efficient hiding in there for World Tournament, or if I'm pretty much pigeonholed.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
What are people spending their stones on during the WT? I've only participated in one, and I read nothing about it beforehand... Is there a guide out there somewhere for it?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Haerc posted:

What are people spending their stones on during the WT? I've only participated in one, and I read nothing about it beforehand... Is there a guide out there somewhere for it?

Stamina so you can complete more WT runs.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Haerc posted:

Mostly, they get spent on stamina. Since each run of the tournament takes 60 stamina, spending stones is pretty much mandatory if you want to place anywhere better than 50,000th.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
20 stones as compensation for the long dt? I'm happy

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:shittypop:

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
Pulled a SSR SSJ2 Gohan from those 20 stones - thanks Dokkan Battle!

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I pulled 2 R Phy Gohans, a R Int Nale, and a R Agl Burter - go gently caress yourself Dokkan Battle!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
FYI for those who forgot (like me) - hitting the GokuGinyu/Burter on the Resurrection F stages will get you more awakening medals.

Took awhile for me to recall this.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Got some Baba points. Did 3 pulls, holding my last 5 stones for the tournament. Last tournament I was stone neutral so this should be enough. Then again, I was a couple of wins shy of 100 and in the high 6000s so maybe I hosed up who knows

By this point I'm disappointed in anything but SSJ3 Goku animation. The only SRs I'm interested in are the prepared for battle ones or the Dokkan Festival SSJs.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I'm happy with my blue haired prince of all vegetable peoples, but it really really really irks me that the AGL SSG Goku doesn't have the same "Warrior Gods" link with him that the lame PHY SSG Goku does. How does that get overlooked? It's not a huge deal, just +1200 atk, but why give it to one and not the other since they're literally from the only instance of the form ever being used.

Also.. this Vegeta is a little bit of a liability in a rainbow team. His passive turns Rainbow Ki to PHY. It's ruined some nice non-PHY chains for me. Not sure what to do with him quite yet.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
He's a PHY team leader for when you need poo poo dead. You use him and the items that convert colors to give someone an entire field of PHY orbs. This pairs best with a card that gets a bonus to attack for every orb, like the upcoming Fat Gotenks.

Also, got my 5th INT Whis. It's like the game knows I haven't and don't plan on Awakening him anytime soon.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I want to say they try to make you choose strategically between cards that need links to form a well-running team and cards that are good on their own but don't link.

But then they make a card like broly and I don't think they know what they're doing

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

visceril posted:

I want to say they try to make you choose strategically between cards that need links to form a well-running team and cards that are good on their own but don't link.

But then they make a card like broly and I don't think they know what they're doing

I actually think they know exactly what they're doing. You assume they are going for a perfectly balanced game whereas I think they are going for mostly balanced with some amazing cards sprinkled in. This is to get people to spend more money on the game during future gasha's / dokkan fests. Most people are aren't going to pull for marginally better cards than they already have. Though the hope of getting a crazy good card like Broly will cause a lot of people to make it rain gems. Also a lot of games like this have an eventual power creep so really it's not outside of the norm.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Farming up the medals to dokkan awaken a Frieza seems like an awful process so far and I don't think I can do it :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I was considering doing the TEQ Third Form one, but I don't think he'd really improve Brolyteam that much for how much work it'd take.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah, the TEQ third form one is the one I came into this event wanting to Dokkan because my TEQ roster is...bad.

But christ, farming up 25 of a specific token when you're not even guaranteed to get any token?

Oh Snapple! fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 25, 2016

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Oh Snapple! posted:

Farming up the medals to dokkan awaken a Frieza seems like an awful process so far and I don't think I can do it :(

Took me about 30 runs of various stages. The only ones that needed actual grinding were the Final form and Golden Frieza.

Golden Strength Frieza is terrifyingly good. Passively ignoring guard is amazing.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

He's a PHY team leader for when you need poo poo dead. You use him and the items that convert colors to give someone an entire field of PHY orbs. This pairs best with a card that gets a bonus to attack for every orb, like the upcoming Fat Gotenks.

Also, got my 5th INT Whis. It's like the game knows I haven't and don't plan on Awakening him anytime soon.

Or PHY Goku

I want to say that old Whis/Beerus need Shocking Speed, but on the other hand it would make TEQ Beerus hilariously broken. He already outclasses a bunch of SSR in my TEQ team. INT Whis is pretty bad though.

Oh Snapple! posted:

It's worth it though. 2nd/3rd/Mecha are all really really good.
Just don't awaken TEQ Final Form, unless you have a spare. I used to say that the small power increase wasn't worth it, but now I'm convinced that Final Form Freeza is actually the best Freeza anyway. Shocking Speed is good

visceril posted:

I thought Broly was a think that just happened and they regret. Then they released Super Gogeta, who is broken on a level Broly could never possibly reach

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Seriously, a team with double Gogeta lead and 5 random awakened Rs is better than any UR/SSR rainbow team combination without Gogeta

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

What's going on with the WT? Is it not this weekend anymore?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I dont have a Golden Frieza yet, so this event coming back is good timing for me. I'll probably awaken mecha frieza, thought I do have 2nd and 3rd forms hanging around too.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Solus posted:

Took me about 30 runs of various stages. The only ones that needed actual grinding were the Final form and Golden Frieza.

Golden Strength Frieza is terrifyingly good. Passively ignoring guard is amazing.

I'm working on him now. I got the last handful of medals I needed for Mecha Frieza finally, and over time I've gotten that 2nd Form one to 10 SA. I need 2 more Golden and a suicide-inducing 22 2nd Form medals..

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

New Leaf posted:

I'm working on him now. I got the last handful of medals I needed for Mecha Frieza finally, and over time I've gotten that 2nd Form one to 10 SA. I need 2 more Golden and a suicide-inducing 22 2nd Form medals..

The one where he has the big spike on his head and is huge and buff? Friezas transformation on z-hard shits them out and drops other medals from other dudes on the map occasionally.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Decided that I could drop 5 stones on a single pull, thanks to the 20 stone compensation.
Pulled SSGSS Vegeta. poo poo, he make my Ultimate Gohan terrifying with his leader ability.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

I was considering doing the TEQ Third Form one, but I don't think he'd really improve Brolyteam that much for how much work it'd take.

One down, have four left to go.

So many Golden Freezas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

One down, have four left to go.

So many Golden Freezas.

I have a max mecha frieza to Dokkan and he's the only one of the many Frieza's that I'm bringing up to Golden. Only 2 more medal types to grind, and almost done 1.

New Leaf posted:

I pulled 2 R Phy Gohans, a R Int Nale, and a R Agl Burter - go gently caress yourself Dokkan Battle!

And this is a good reminder of the fact that I should hoard these loving stones. Thanks for taking one for the team! ( I did get a SR GT Vegeta, sans moustache :( last night before the 20 stones came in with my last 5 though! )