Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Even with the substantial startup time ancient fruit feels more like a money hack than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
Once again, has anyone noticed that when you sell stuff to pierre, that if you sell enough, that he sells it at the store? does anyone know why this is?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm almost positive that doesn't happen, though I may be wrong. I believe he just has a set list of stuff to sell that changes from year to year.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

No, he does. I remember selling a batch of blueberries to him and there were blueberries in his stock for the rest of the season, or possibly for around four weeks? He stopped selling them eventually. I never bought one, so I don't know if I could get more out than I put in.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I wonder if that only applies if you sell it to him directly? I've never seen that but I ship 99.9% of things I sell via the box (mostly because seeing the "HOLY poo poo MONEY :pcgaming:" screen at night is awesome).

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

thechosenone posted:

Once again, has anyone noticed that when you sell stuff to pierre, that if you sell enough, that he sells it at the store? does anyone know why this is?
I don't know if it has much utility, but it's a nice bit of flavour material. I mean, of course he sells on the stuff that you as a farmer sell to him, he's a shopkeeper, that's his job. I think you have to sell it to him directly though, stuff in the bin is exported I guess.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Has anyone noticed that on some days. Trees won't drop seeds when cut down?

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
Am I right in thinking that once you've got a galaxy sword and more iridium bars than you will ever be able to use, there's no reason to ever go back down into the Skull Cave except for personal amusement? There's nothing else in particular down there that isn't just as easy to get elsewhere, right?

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Do people who sell through the bin ever get villagers commenting on buying your crops at Pierre's? I sell to Pierre and I get that pretty regularly.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most
Keep in mind selling directly to merchants doesn't give you completion on your stats page for "shipping" an item.

Eschers Basement
Sep 13, 2007

by exmarx

Zephyrine posted:

Yep. I think it may have something to do with 'luck' - on unlucky days, you don't get many drops, and tree seeds are considered drops maybe?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Viridiant posted:

Do people who sell through the bin ever get villagers commenting on buying your crops at Pierre's? I sell to Pierre and I get that pretty regularly.

Have never gotten anything like that, no. Neat!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Where do you get ancient fruit seeds? I'm at summer year 2 and it has never even come up.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
If you sell to Pierre, he will occasionally continue to sell stuff out of season. For example, I've been able to buy gold star Leek and Parsnips from him all the way through fall. This can be useful at random times, like when you don't have the right poo poo for someone's birthday, like George loving Leek.

Residual Toast posted:

Keep in mind selling directly to merchants doesn't give you completion on your stats page for "shipping" an item.

I actually love it works this way, but for OCD reasons :v:

Zephyrine posted:

It might be somewhat luck based, check the fortune teller on TV the days it seems lovely.

Viridiant posted:

I don't think I've ever seen this, which sucks, because I sell a ton of stuff through Pierre.

Azazell0 posted:

Where do you get ancient fruit seeds? I'm at summer year 2 and it has never even come up.

It starts as an artifact you pick up in the mines, Gunther gives you the pattern and a starter seed. It can also show up in a seed maker from other crops on a low chance.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
The gypsy also sells ancient seeds from time to time. I have 4 just waiting for the greenhouse to get finished (god drat animal bundle)

HarmB
Jun 19, 2006

Marnie is such a frustrating shopkeep. She's never at the register. I rush in at 9, and she's already walking away to hang out in her room staring at the wall for an hour!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Mazz posted:

It starts as an artifact you pick up in the mines, Gunther gives you the pattern and a starter seed. It can also show up in a seed maker from other crops on a low chance.

Okay, I guess I don't have any luck then. I've cleared the first set of mines (and got enough artifacts to get sewer key) and haven't seen the gypsy sell it either. I guess I just gotta run the lower levels and keep checking the gypsy?

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I sold some gold star melons to Pierre, and a few days later when I spoke to Linus he said he'd bought the tastiest melon at Pierre's, and that Pierre had said he grew them in his own back yard. This was in the middle of winter. Just one more reason to hate Pierre I guess :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AG3 posted:

I sold some gold star melons to Pierre, and a few days later when I spoke to Linus he said he'd bought the tastiest melon at Pierre's, and that Pierre had said he grew them in his own back yard. This was in the middle of winter. Just one more reason to hate Pierre I guess :v:

What a fuckface

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

Is there a limit on how many slimes you can have in your hut? And can you let them outside in a pen like your other animals?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

AG3 posted:

What a loving liar.

I mean we all know Linus can't afford to buy a melon. Who does he think he's fooling?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Slime posted:

What a loving liar.

I mean we all know Linus can't afford to buy a melon. Who does he think he's fooling?

So that means Pierre just chucked the melon in the garbage as soon as it was given to him.

Krataar
Sep 13, 2011

Drums in the deep

Wait a minute, how do you sell to the merchants, and not through the bin?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

RatHat posted:

So that means Pierre just chucked the melon in the garbage as soon as it was given to him.

And, when Linus asked why he was throwing out such a nice melon, he claimed he grew it himself.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Speaking of that, are items you found in the garbage cans marked somehow? Every time I've tried giving one as a gift the person has complained a lot about it. It could just be that they hated that particular item of course.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Krataar posted:

Wait a minute, how do you sell to the merchants, and not through the bin?

The same place you buy from them. Just click on stuff in your inventory that's not grayed out to sell it. There is no take back though, so don't gently caress up.

They are locked into the good types they sell, so Pierre won't buy ore/gems, etc. You can also sell weapons/boots to the guild this same way.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Abi is chewing me out with her amethyst pulverizing adamantium teeth. Send help.

I don't even like Haley. She doesn't hang around in the rain collecting frogs.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 25, 2016

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Poil posted:

Speaking of that, are items you found in the garbage cans marked somehow? Every time I've tried giving one as a gift the person has complained a lot about it. It could just be that they hated that particular item of course.

Well you were trying to give trash as a gift, what did you think would happen?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

RatHat posted:

If sashimi I tossed in a chest outside in the hot summer sun for weeks is an acceptable gift, so is trash.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

RatHat posted:

Maybe it was on top of the trash?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Zephyrine posted:

Abi is chewing me out with her amethyst pulverizing adamantium teeth. Send help.

Did you give Haley a bouquet before you got married? I get the impression this is what's causing the issue. I've never had this problem and I always give presents to the other characters you can marry, but I also didn't give them bouquets.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

RatHat posted:

It wasn't trash, it was proper stuff like bread and such.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Poil posted:

It wasn't trash, it was proper stuff like bread and such.

Then no, I don't think it's tagged. The person probably just didn't like bread. Who'd you give it to?

EDIT: Hmm, the wiki says everyone likes bread.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

RatHat posted:

Then no, I don't think it's tagged. The person probably just didn't like bread. Who'd you give it to?

I know there's at least one person who doesn't.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

Did you give Haley a bouquet before you got married? I get the impression this is what's causing the issue. I've never had this problem and I always give presents to the other characters you can marry, but I also didn't give them bouquets.

Nope. I have in fact never given Haley anything before. Though I did give her an amethyst.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

RatHat posted:

Bread is neutral for everyone except Leah, who hates it.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
Your spouse will yell at you the first time you give a gift to another eligible bachelor(ette). It might come with a penalty; I noticed a heart missing after it happened, but it could just have been normal decay for the day too. Easy enough to fix even if it does, though.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

I demolished my stables in an effort to move it and I got to keep the horse. Though it stays where you leave it the night before :v:

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
The music covers are starting to come in for this game.

Summer (Crescendo) by Ferdk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zpA5UjCOg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Azazell0 posted:

Maybe it was on top of the trash?

Hovering, like an angel.