Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Hmm yes if only Anet had implemented a really hard 10-man PvE zone...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Raids aren't exactly an open world experience

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Legendary-weapons-6

quote:

So, after shipping Chuka and Champawat, I’ve asked that we indefinitely suspend work on new legendary weapons.

:lol:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I look forward to more content dying because they put everyone to work on rushing out another lovely expansion too early. Honestly everyone deserves this game dying after making fun of SAB. RIP you beautiful angel.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Does Anet even have any employees anymore? Or is it just a bot that periodically marks off parts of the games that will be put on indefinite hiatus? I mean, I assume Tivac still has a job, but how much longer till we're told that the trading post is being dropped in favor of a more living and dynamic world? I guess Tivac's only hope is to practice 3d modelling to make some outfits or practice palette swapping the same wings we've been seeing on the gem store.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's even funnier to read Mike O'Brien take issue with accusations that they shipped half an expansion.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah reading his list of "LOOK HOW MUCH WE DID FOR YOU" it's kinda paltry for a $50 xpac.

quote:

Obviously I go into this knowing that some players will be very upset. That’s why it’s such a tough decision.
Ankdarkwolf, Darkmikau, Ballads, Spira, Caerbannog, Cysgod, you each posted a variant of an accusation I’ve seen many times over the past few months on the forums, something along the lines of, “AN shipped half an expansion with HoT.” I take issue with that. We shipped a new region full of content, a new mastery system, gliding, guild halls, a new profession, nine new elite specializations for existing professions, and more. Then we shipped precursor journeys for existing legendaries, and said, “We’ve been working hard on new legendary weapons, the first handful of which will be introduced in Heart of Thorns, with more to come in subsequent updates.” While I fully get that you’re disappointed today, this is not about us shipping half an expansion pack.
Mo

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Mar 25, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Third post in that thread

quote:

I’m glad to see a new legendary incoming.
Yet I’m mostly sad to hear it wasn’t the Legendary Mace which was said to be furthest in development.
I just hope the Legendary Mace won’t be a joke-weapon like The Moot was.
I’d love to go on a Journey for a Legendary Mace, one of the most beautiful types of weapons in-game in my opinion. Yet The Moot just feels so.. out of character.
I currently use The Flameseeker Prophecies because it’s a beautifully designed, intricate, legendary looking piece of equipment.
Not a disco-ball on a music-stick! :P

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Also gently caress you anet, dreamer rules

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

Third post in that thread

I will loving fight that fucker loving irl right loving now

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
my favorite part is hating on the discoball while loving the shiny mirror shield

the two have such similar aesthetics

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Magres posted:

Yeah reading his list of "LOOK HOW MUCH WE DID FOR YOU" it's kinda paltry for a $50 xpac.

It's a decent amount of stuff for an MMO expac, I've seen worse (WoD), but it shouldn't have been 50 fuckin' dollars.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Kerrrrrrr posted:

It's a decent amount of stuff for an MMO expac, I've seen worse (WoD), but it shouldn't have been 50 fuckin' dollars.

Yeah if I'd gotten it for $35 I'd be okay with it. Same old same old

In the end it depends if they can pull off the stuff they've said they're working on. If WvW stops being lovely, LS3 is good, and they unfuck the stupid time requirements to get anything done in HoT I'll be pretty happy with things and okay with the $50 pricetag.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
Phew, now there's less to get in the way of black lion weapons.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Pesterchum posted:

Phew, now there's less to get in the way of black lion weapons.

Good. They print money for both me and Anet.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they can meet us in the middle and just release some underwater legendaries.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

WHAT!?!?? ANet announced a new feature, delivered a small portion of what they promised, and then shitcanned it forever?!? You're Kidding!!!! How completely atypical!!! How unexpected! How *bursts into tears*.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

Think of what you earned for that difference though. You've learned to never give this company money ever again. You can't put a price on knowledge.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
I feel like this really shouldn't surprise me but it still does. Not that they're short changing us for the thousandth time, but that they're being mostly upfront about it instead of quietly sweeping it under the carpet.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Or they could put more people on it and finish it faster since I'm guessing legendaries are less intense to make than LS3. Awwww we understaffed something and now its failing well better pull the plug

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

part of me kind of wants to make a joke about this, but i don't even really know if i'd be able to come up with anything. i was actually looking forward to the new legendaries to see if there was anything i'd want to eventually work towards.

but uh

if they can't spare people to make weapons and making new sets or armor is apparently too much work, then...what are they doing, exactly?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

didn't they say they had like 220 employees

I guess 215 of them are ideas guys

e: bad ideas guys

Vargs fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Mar 26, 2016

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

what are they doing, exactly?

SAB

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Probably feel like the living story update will be the next thing to get people back into the game, so prioritizing that. I can understand it, it's not like someone who quit is going to come back to grind to a legendary. Well, they shouldn't anyway.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Arenanet and their game is a literal joke at this point.

I had hoped that maybe Colin leaving would mean some of the dodgy stuff that's been happening might be over, but he's not exactly giving me much hope.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes

MooCowlian posted:

I had hoped that maybe Colin leaving would mean some of the dodgy stuff that's been happening might be over, but he's not exactly giving me much hope.

Let's be honest if this ship was turning around it would take more than a couple weeks.

I'm betting the issue with legendaries is the precursor collection stuff which has been a huge poo poo show since it was released and it was no doubt one of Colin's half thought out ideas.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

MooCowlian posted:

They're probably doing this because colin left. Making new content for the CASUAL majority is a good thing instead of this retarded grind legendary garbage.

Now they need to make this retroactive and strip everyone of their legendaries especially arus.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
How much of the original Anet is even left at this point besides Mike?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

What's he done since he took over? Is this his first announcement? Because holy poo poo if the first thing we get from him is "hey, we're cancelling one of our selling points for the expansion" off the back of a game that's absolutely tanking in quality already, you'll have to forgive me for having negative amounts of hope for what he can do. Maybe Colin left him in the shitter and this is him turning it around, but at this point I do not trust Anet to deliver anything at all. The only people who've proved themselves capable of producing anything good lately are the raid team.

LS1 and 2 and HoT ranged from garbage up to the lofty quality heights of incredibly mediocre, so I'm really, really, really not optimistic about what the extra six people are going to accomplish. I'd rather have some legendaries to at least make my foes a little prettier.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

And yeah, I am pretty pissed that they're cancelling legendaries, I was kind of looking forward to potentially having some new interesting weapons. Right now this poo poo feels like the straw breaking my camel's back for a comically disastrous three years. Maybe the being pissed off here is clouding my judgement but since 2012 they've done a tiny number of things that are actually good and I still want to like this game so badly.

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

MooCowlian posted:

What's he done since he took over? Is this his first announcement? Because holy poo poo if the first thing we get from him is "hey, we're cancelling one of our selling points for the expansion" off the back of a game that's absolutely tanking in quality already, you'll have to forgive me for having negative amounts of hope for what he can do. Maybe Colin left him in the shitter and this is him turning it around, but at this point I do not trust Anet to deliver anything at all. The only people who've proved themselves capable of producing anything good lately are the raid team.

LS1 and 2 and HoT ranged from garbage up to the lofty quality heights of incredibly mediocre, so I'm really, really, really not optimistic about what the extra six people are going to accomplish. I'd rather have some legendaries to at least make my foes a little prettier.

It's cool man, they got a grip of people working on the next expansion. Maybe we'll get some legendaries then.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

MooCowlian posted:

And yeah, I am pretty pissed that they're cancelling legendaries, I was kind of looking forward to potentially having some new interesting weapons. Right now this poo poo feels like the straw breaking my camel's back for a comically disastrous three years. Maybe the being pissed off here is clouding my judgement but since 2012 they've done a tiny number of things that are actually good and I still want to like this game so badly.

Quoting this so you will feel like such a fool when the living story about robo scarlet comes out and it's amazing

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

apparently gw2 needs more people working on it or something so couldn't ncsoft just mercykill wildstar entirely and move them to gw2 to do gruntwork

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Hey Rytlock, what's up? Wait, what are you-- noooo! my "New Legendaries" vase! and the pencil holder that represents new Fractals! I don't want to play Living Story again Rytlock, I want my things off the floor!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

*sweeps everything off table, puts really lovely and malformed mug labeled 'esports' in its place*

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I agree with Cletus, looking at this in a bubble, legendary weapons are a casual unfriendly grindfest and if they're trying to make GW2 more casual friendly this makes sense. Maybe this is exactly why Colin left, because he was mis-allocating resources.

But in the context of HoT, lmao what the gently caress Anet, this was a big selling point for some people

e: don't even loving get me started on esports/spvp, how do we have so few maps and one game mode after 3.5 years

e2: vvvv what modes other than conquest are in ranked?

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Mar 26, 2016

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.
there's 3 game modes

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
The legend continues

Mike O'Brien posted:

Thanks for all the comments. I know there’s nothing I’m going to say that will make you feel better, but I’ll share some final thoughts for the night.

I said three weeks ago I’d focus on sustainability and quality. I want to reiterate the part about sustainability. Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but how about the recent drought of content? That kind of thing happens when we spread ourselves too thin, and when we let the content development pipeline empty out so we can fight fires. What I think we actually owe you is sustainable, predictable, high-quality content. I’m making a decision that’s painful in the short-term so we can position ourselves to deliver that.

:Akuni.8604: posted:

Consider this… HoT currently has: 3 new maps (which are still buggy looking at DS) which are grindy as hell, Elite Specs which are heavy powercreep (pay to win in PvP…), a Story which is short but at least good (if you ignore the myriad of bugs f.e. in the Mordi battle), Guild halls, 2 Raids with 5 1/2 bosses, a new PvP map (which is quite unbalanced) and now only 4 legy weaps (3/4 being rarely used thanks to being underpowered or buggy)… That’s it?

I previously addressed the “half an expansion” thing, and I can point you to pages like this one and “this one:”https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Heart_of_Thorns, but that doesn’t matter because it’s just arguing. My job is to entertain you, not to argue with you.

I strongly believe that we will in fact entertain you. We’re a team of people who love the game that you love, and are working on things we’re confident you’ll love. But I’m not here to convince you of that, and I wouldn’t expect you to take my word for it. You can make that judgment in April, and each subsequent time we ship. I will work to make you happy, and I’ll do it by making you happy with what we ship, not with what we promise to ship.

Mo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExHumus
Aug 30, 2006

BOOM BOOM!!

CLAM DOWN posted:

e2: vvvv what modes other than conquest are in ranked?

Stronghold, as long as you aren't queueing as a guild team.

• Locked thread