Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Because that would be giving in to the demands of the player base, and as we know, Gaz is entirely too wise to do such a thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
They changed the danger room time trial event prizes so that first place only gets you 1500 more merits than hitting 10%, nothing else. Rip everyone gets an award like it's the special olympics.

Now my only reward for first place is pissing off some ttker

Jusupov fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Mar 26, 2016

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

This weekend Gaz is celebrating Marvel's Women of Power! Enter code "VAGINE" for a free Storm token. Be quick - this offer won't last long.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Anime as gently caress.

iuvian posted:

Rest in Peace Cosmic Midtown.

What if you're new and you actually needed Omegas or Odin marks? FYGM.

This is the kind of stuff you see when a game gets long in the tooth, increasingly niche and esoteric mechanics like Elektra's "marked" mechanic and changing things to cater to the established, gear-evolved player base as opposed to a growing, gear-building player base.

McSpanky fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 26, 2016

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CFc7s4aDlM

so why isn't modok a dude yet ???

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Re: craftable axis uniques
"My plan was to work on them this week, but the CMM/Patrol became higher priority. I want to get them in for this release, but it may have to wait until April."

Degs
Mar 2, 2014

Soothing Vapors posted:

Black Widow, NC, Psylocke: all dead to me if she's good

Are they dead yet?

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Degs posted:

Are they dead yet?

I will be completely honest I am floored at how good some of her animations are. Her ult and spinning falling strike in particular are levels of rigging we have yet to see before in this game.

That being said the marked for death mechanic is just bad and not meant for a game where you are a mob blender and the best TTL is a high TTK. Mayhem doesn't want it to be a boss only mechanic but he seems to fail to understand it can't be anything but one. It's a mechanic that is restrictive, somewhat punitive, and cramps play style in a way that makes it inaccessible to newer players. It's a great idea for a mechanic but it has no place in an ARPG where speed to kill is more important than tactics/positioning.

I'm not really sure how you fix it unless you just remove the recharge/gain/loss mechanic of it and rework it to be either a rotational or on sig use you then get 3 marks and they refresh next sig cooldown. 1 every minute is just weird when the entire game is being sped up; it's super jarring to have to wait that long if you somehow run out. On top of that the mechanic is godawful for the 10 people left who raid. Somehow gaz struck the balance of making the mechanic bad for both casual and hardcore players.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
17 pages of feedback on Emma already, that must be a record

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Midnightghoul posted:

17 pages of feedback on Emma already, that must be a record

half of them are just gifs, and half of what's left is just them talking about her model/her hair/her costumes instead of, you know, gameplay

the entire first page of the thread is posts by people who hadnt logged into TC yet

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 26, 2016

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Degs posted:

Are they dead yet?

no

I am unlikely to even buy her at this point, marked for death is everything Lux said and more

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

i know the real reason is you just can't stand looking at her face

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

eyeballgines too wide

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The Emma feedback thread is hilarious because it is in a huge majority only talk about how her looks.

1) Tons of posts about how her poses when she uses powers should look like THIS instead of THIS.

- For example: the post about when she uses telepathy crap and her hand should be turned differently and her leg should be posed like a side lunge.

2) Tons of posts about her hair and her face and if she is getting a Visual Update.

- Check any page for this. Here's an actual post.

quote:

Can we get different models in the ultimate in the Marvel NOW costume? like how cyclops changes with every costume. A blond a brunette and a redhead? and not 3 blonds? to fit lore-wise.

3) Plenty of posts about her not looking comic book enough or the Cuckoos not looking accurate.

- I guess people said the Cuckoos don't look like they do in the comics right now and that is a huge problem.

4) Plenty of posts about the color of her powers.

- I guess they should be a fainter white as opposed to Razzle Dazzle Blue. Got that one from the Crayola 64-set.

5) Some posts about how she needs updated and new avatars for the forums.

- I wish I was kidding.

6) And lastly, some scattered gameplay feedback that is actually good.

- It's mainly by guys who aren't Oforums superstars. There's great feedback about her spirit management, her mechanics, and how the hybrid mechanics flow together.

And lastly actually, how could I forget:

7) Feedback about the gifs that are posted on throughout the thread.

- Basically, feedback about Emma gameplay is tied to the gifs. Bleachonce liked one of the Maryse WWE gifs and said this is a sign of great things for Emma. BUT MisterJescah HATED one of the Mariah Carey head shake gifs and said it would really hurt Emma's gameplay! My god, tune in next week to the season finale of The OC to see where this ravishing tale turns next!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Emma is what you call 'unsalvageable'

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I would be really into this TC thread if I didn't care about Emma at all, but I do and I am afraid Saint Freak has the right of it. Maybe it's time to go back to Squirrel Girl.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Irony.or.Death posted:

I would be really into this TC thread if I didn't care about Emma at all, but I do and I am afraid Saint Freak has the right of it. Maybe it's time to go back to Squirrel Girl.

Well our dear Lozareth has let us know he has Squirrel Girl ready to rock and roll now. I'll let him explain.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
This thread sounds like a magic grease fire thank god I've never given a poo poo about Emma Frosted Tips

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Here ya go. King Lozareth, guy who is much cooler than the O ttkshavers!!!!

4:38 Squirrel Girl, level 4 ult

http://marvelheroes.info/build/38553/

Don't show kelp. He may return to the game and that is a big NO-NO.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Here ya go. King Lozareth, guy who is much cooler than the O ttkshavers!!!!

4:38 Squirrel Girl, level 4 ult

http://marvelheroes.info/build/38553/

Don't show kelp. He may return to the game and that is a big NO-NO.

kelp will make groot force great again

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

People in this feedback thread are expressing surprise at the new information available to them when I tell them to look at numbers on tooltips. How do you regular visitors deal with the O?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Also while I'm here in a recent Marvel tabletop I ran I had a dying Hand ninja whisper "Cosmic today" into a wannabe Moon Knight's ear

Can't wait for him to unravel that mystery

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Really happy that there's a dude in the Elektra thread posting gifs from the Jennifer Garner film as support for his vision of the character

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I had completely forgotten that movie existed up until now.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Irony.or.Death posted:

People in this feedback thread are expressing surprise at the new information available to them when I tell them to look at numbers on tooltips. How do you regular visitors deal with the O?

tony bing, a guy who had published a really long and preachy Magik guide, did not know that Magik's summons had active powers until we told him

reading tooltips is anathema to these people for some reason

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
So it looks like nobody has touched waifu in like 6 months, after Vandee quit

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

Emma is what you call 'unsalvageable'

Irony.or.Death posted:

use your big boy words to explain why she bad

cuz lol

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If you can't get behind a woman made of diamonds back handing and drop kicking noobs I don't know what to tell you.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Irony.or.Death posted:

Reminder that MichaelMayhem's response to my posting one of GG's tooltips and saying "yeah this is a bad method of Spirit sustain and is not fun" was "oh wow, that's not what we described that as doing during design and documentation, we'll change that."

So the only way is: drop screenshots into threads with annotations and tag devs.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:
And this is why I don't write build guides. Because I openly admit that I have a dyslexia unlike some people.

Except Luke P Cage. Nowhere does it say that you can only have 1 bitch at a time, and I am forced to only use my sweet rear end bitch misty for her great afro

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Then maybe, just maybe, find it in your heart to cosmic him today.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

use your big boy words to explain why she bad
cuz lol

ICR wrote you a field guide you don't even have to visit the thread for yourself

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Irony.or.Death posted:

ICR wrote you a field guide you don't even have to visit the thread for yourself

oh i see. you are one of the pubbies who are complaining about her despite never having played her on TC

carry on

also never_believe_his_lies.jpg

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

For a man who is always yelling at people about reading comprehension you are dropping the ball here pretty hard! Emma is unsalvageable for signal to noise reasons. We're not talking about numbers here because numbers are the last thing they deal with - you cannot make a reasonable good/bad call on numbers until this TC session is done. Example design issues for you if you want to pretend that's not the case: there are obvious number discrepancies between her shared cooldown powers, so in addition to the 2-3 mental powers that have been obsoleted we've got another 3 powers that are completely pointless out of the gate. Also no more sparkle dinos.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
With almost 300 Odin's boost in my stash this nerf might be what makes me uninstall.
I'm betting marks will be nerfed in half if not more

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Irony.or.Death posted:

For a man who is always yelling at people about reading comprehension you are dropping the ball here pretty hard! Emma is unsalvageable for signal to noise reasons. We're not talking about numbers here because numbers are the last thing they deal with - you cannot make a reasonable good/bad call on numbers until this TC session is done. Example design issues for you if you want to pretend that's not the case: there are obvious number discrepancies between her shared cooldown powers, so in addition to the 2-3 mental powers that have been obsoleted we've got another 3 powers that are completely pointless out of the gate. Also no more sparkle dinos.

no one was talking about her dps numbers :confused:

yes 95% of the posts in her feedback thread are garbage, but they did already listen to some good feedback and make changes:

quote:

-Amp will not destroy the minion. After some consideration, this isn't a necessary or thematic enough component to the power. The explosion will move to the start of the power, making this a more satisfying button press.

-Lunge will not force you into Diamond Form(in hubs). It will still deal physical damage, but it will allow for a non-Diamond Emma to stay in normal form.

-Sweep Kick duration will go up to 8s.

-Blast will correctly deal mental damage.

it isnt like she has some fundamentally poo poo mechanic like marked for death. her cooldown power interactions can still be changed too. hell I bet marked for death gets changed. so to go crying that shes terrible or whatever after her first day on TC is just :laffo:

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
Hyperbole is the only way to get Gaz to make changes

Are you new to TC threads

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Soothing Vapors posted:

half of them are just gifs, and half of what's left is just them talking about her model/her hair/her costumes instead of, you know, gameplay

the entire first page of the thread is posts by people who hadnt logged into TC yet

Reserved

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Irony.or.Death posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

no one was talking about her dps numbers :confused:

yes 95% of the posts in her feedback thread are garbage, but they did already listen to some good feedback and make changes:

it isnt like she has some fundamentally poo poo mechanic like marked for death. her cooldown power interactions can still be changed too. hell I bet marked for death gets changed. so to go crying that shes terrible or whatever after her first day on TC is just :laffo:

You're both pretty, shut up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

TheDink posted:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will make her look more determined, I cannot make her lips bigger and darker though as if I did it would change it too much and she would have to go through approval again, but the determination I can address as it is a very slight change.
Lips are pretty serious business, it turns out.

• Locked thread