Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I like it a lot. Purple and grey on Batman is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I'm not feeling it. Either the whole yellow oval or none at all.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

BMan #50 is out and...

:shrug:
Gotta say, I think Zero Year and Jim Gordon's are much more interesting Capullo designed suits.
We'll see. I haven't read past that page yet.
I'll go ahead and quote this since it was the last post of the previous page.

Anyway, it's totally fine. It's Batman. But it's also not particularly different or memorable.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I like it, modern but simple.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

It's pretty thoughtful of Capullo to design a batsuit that can be done entirely by the colorist after the penciler inevitably forgets and just draws the old one.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Travis343 posted:

It's pretty thoughtful of Capullo to design a batsuit that can be done entirely by the colorist after the penciler inevitably forgets and just draws the old one.

I think that already sort of happened in the Yanick Paquette's epilogue in the comic.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Bat bulge reaaaaaally accentuated by that belt design. Almost as bad as Supergirl's super-merkin triangle thing.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

FilthyImp posted:

Bat bulge reaaaaaally accentuated by that belt design. Almost as bad as Supergirl's super-merkin triangle thing.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I for one am glad Batman has a suit for when he's uploaded into the Game Grid. Now he really is prepared for everything.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Dr. Hurt posted:

I for one am glad Batman has a suit for when he's uploaded into the Game Grid. Now he really is prepared for everything.

He's an old hat at jacking in.

I think one of the first computer coloured comics was a some cyberspace Batman OGN.
Also that disgusting Internet issue of Batman Inc.

E: He has a straight Tron suit in Justice League right now.

EE: Found the name of that OGN. Batman: Digital Justice!
Now that's a batsuit.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 23, 2016

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This is godawful.

Teenage Fansub posted:

I think one of the first computer coloured comics was a some cyberspace Batman OGN.
Also that disgusting Internet issue of Batman Inc.
Those were computer-graphics, not computer-colored. I don't think anyone colors any other way anymore.

The Epic printing of Akira was actually one of, if not the first comic that was computer colored.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
They giving Tim the ol' Salt Peter dick injections that Burt Ward was rumored to have received during Batman??

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

FilthyImp posted:

They giving Tim the ol' Salt Peter dick injections that Burt Ward was rumored to have received during Batman??

This is Dick Grayson.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

This is Dick Grayson.

So... yes, is what I'm hearing?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

I thought the colors and the 'W' look on his stomach makes me think of Wonder Man for a moment, but I guess it makes sense as he IS the Boy Wonder.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I love that the underoos on the outside look was decided to be too childish and the solution is apparently to give superheroes arrows pointing towards their dicks.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Skwirl posted:

I love that the underoos on the outside look was decided to be too childish and the solution is apparently to give superheroes arrows pointing towards their dicks.

Or as noted in Supergirl's case, a near-literal click-and-drag highlight over her vagina.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

hiddenriverninja posted:

I'm not feeling it. Either the whole yellow oval or none at all.

Same. It looks like someone pre-owned this Batman and highlighted the important parts.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Ok, I wasn't going to ask the first time, but now I have to - what happened with supergirls costume and how did they manage to make it worse than her miniskirt?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Ashcans posted:

Ok, I wasn't going to ask the first time, but now I have to - what happened with supergirls costume and how did they manage to make it worse than her miniskirt?

Behold the awesomeness that is ... the crotchplate!

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

"Criminals are a cowardly and superstitious lot."

<suddenly a TIE fighter crashes through the window>

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Selachian posted:

A. That is funnier than I had imagined.

B. What's with those boots?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

prefect posted:

Someone has a kneecap fetish?

Here's a, you should forgive the expression, rear view...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can't see her knees, they're flesh colored pants.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Sure they are. And that's fake cleavage drawn on Power Girl's costume.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

prefect posted:

It's to show she's invulnerable, she doesn't need to worry about scraping her knees when she falls over. A strong design choice imo.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Depending on the colorist it was really inconsistent whether those were her bare legs or not.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's a dad pun that just got way out of hand. Nobody knows what's going on with her boots, she's cryptokneeian.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

That's definitely weird, particularly because the linework makes it clear that it is supposed to be some sort of stick-on addition to her suit and not just a coloring difference, with how it jags down below the level at the sides. It's like they decided she needed superman's underoos look, and then someone decided that supergirl couldn't wear anything that looked like regular briefs.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's how she puts it on. No way can she fit stepping in through the top. The crotch plate opens up, the costume slips down over her head, then she clicks it closed.

Bonus, way easier if she had to pee.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Selachian posted:

Her shoulders are a very different heights, and her chest emblem is at a really canted angle, but yet her arms are almost both the same length. :psyduck:

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I like the chest symbol on the new Batman suit, but the belt would look better if it was either all black or all gold, the piping looks weird.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Selachian posted:

There are few things in comics that piss me off more than that train wreck

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

10 Beers posted:

Her shoulders are a very different heights, and her chest emblem is at a really canted angle, but yet her arms are almost both the same length. :psyduck:

Her right arm could be foreshortened by bending towards us at the elbow, but her spine is leaning away from the leg her weight is on while her collarbone is slanted the opposite direction. That pose is impossible unless she has scoliosis, but she's an alien so I guess the real problem is that it doesn't convey the emotion the text suggests.
Also imagine how narrow that crotch plate must get in order to see the bit of visible buttcheek.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Dacap posted:

I like the chest symbol on the new Batman suit, but the belt would look better if it was either all black or all gold, the piping looks weird.

Just read the issue and the belt IS all gold, that's just how the colorist chose to show it in shadow for most of the shots in the book. It looks better in other scenes, I'm down.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dacap posted:

Just read the issue and the belt IS all gold, that's just how the colorist chose to show it in shadow for most of the shots in the book. It looks better in other scenes, I'm down.

Off topic, but kind of not. Do you have a high res version of your avatar by chance?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

Norns posted:

Off topic, but kind of not. Do you have a high res version of your avatar by chance?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Screwed around with the latest shadowy DC promo thing to get a (slightly) better look at the new Superman costume:

Looks like the armor-lines and nehru collar are gone.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

So it's basically the old costume (or specifically the slightly darker blue version from the 90s) minus the underpants. Which is what they should've done from the start instead of the ugly Jim Lee interlocking plates poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Lurdiak posted:

So it's basically the old costume (or specifically the slightly darker blue version from the 90s) minus the underpants. Which is what they should've done from the start instead of the ugly Jim Lee interlocking plates poo poo.

I'm sorry it sounds like you're hating on the trunks of power. This is incorrect.:colbert:

• Locked thread