Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

corn in the bible posted:

im mostly just baffled you didnt think to turn the voices off

If you turn the voice acting off you miss out on Sarah, who has the best voice acting in pretty much any game in the last five years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Dubs are good, no game should have Japanese VA.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Junpei Hyde posted:

:lol:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Every game should have Japanese dubs, all of them.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I want Rie Kugimiya in every drat game there is.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can only tolerate voice work if it's moe enough to shatter all my kitchen glassware

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Junpei Hyde posted:

gently caress off

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

gently caress off

For real tho dual audio is great, even if I prefer English dubs.

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.
i like how dubs are gettin better as people ham that poo poo up and have themselves a gay old time but what kind of sick gently caress would deny a whole people the right to enjoy subs. i dont even......

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Renoistic posted:

Is that a pair of boobs or a butt I can't tell

Turn your monitor on.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

To be honest, I couldn't stand Teddy's VA either, but I'm pretty sure he's probably even worse on the Japanese version.

Trails of Cold Steel, I'm up to chapter 5. And, indeed, Millium keeps annoying Jusis at every possible opportunity, completely unaware. GOTY.

A bit tired of Emma's secrecy gimmick, though.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Saoshyant posted:

To be honest, I couldn't stand Teddy's VA either, but I'm pretty sure he's probably even worse on the Japanese version.

You have noooo idea.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I like Japanese Teddy way more than English Teddy.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

If you turn the voice acting off you miss out on Sarah, who has the best voice acting in pretty much any game in the last five years.

I went and turned the voices on just to see if this was true. Why would you lie to me like that? :smith:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Teddie's badness transcends language

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

darth cookie posted:

I went and turned the voices on just to see if this was true. Why would you lie to me like that? :smith:

I think you might have some kind of deadly illness that is preventing your ears from working. :ohdear:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

I think you might have some kind of deadly illness that is preventing your ears from working. :ohdear:

I'm at the part where he's talking to her on the phone after he gets shanghai'd into being the student council's bitchboy and she's drinking and the only thing I can think of is that she's coming across as a shittier version of Misato from NGE.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Teddy haters vacate.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I gotta be honest the game is pretty impressive because my face was basically the same during that whole conversation:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

It's like the writing's good or something.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The story is engaging enough that I care to find out what happens, its just the VA stuff I'm not into.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Good thing you can turn it off and shut up about it, then? You're making a huge fuss about something most people have no problem with.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 26, 2016

macfam
Dec 22, 2012
Subs are nice and all but sometimes there's talking with no subtitles like when there's talking in a boss fight am I supposed to just enjoy some sexy Japanese voice acting and not mind that I have no idea what they're saying now?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

"I-it's not like I like to fight you, stupid boss."

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

why don't we all enroll in a japanese class together

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

If it gets me to play the Yakuza games earlier, sure.

MPLS to NOLA
Aug 14, 2010

i gotta little trigger
twitchin in my brain
and when that doesn't start
there's murder in my heart
Man idk if I can do Necrodancer on Vita. I like it a lot on ps4 but I keept missing beats using the little dpad, so I played more Nuclear Throne. I wish they'd give us a patch to fix the stuff with the crowns, skins + gun selection ++ dailies +++ trophies too lol, but I have 30 hours on the clock and only had the game crash mid-run once. The framerate stuff people like to complain about is a total nonissue too (I haven't looped, maybe that's where it becomes a problem). They could patch it, Vita means patience

Meicyn
Aug 22, 2006

Had Cold Steel get stuck in a perpetual loading cycle right after I used Rean's S-Craft and killed the boss in the middle of the Nord Highlands. Lost about an hour and a half of progress, was surprised to have a JRPG pull a Bethesda on me.

That aside, this game has been awesome, especially the voice acting.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

English voice work is the best it's ever been, and if you think to yourself "God, they use the same English VAs all the time, I hate this," go look up Rie Tanaka.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The worst is Yuri Lowenthal because he does additional voices in every video game ever made + only has one voice (or maybe it's a thing where directors are always telling him to do the same voice)

I've been playing a lot of the new Hitman where like 30% of the male NPCs are voiced by him and I dunno what they were thinking

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Help Im Alive posted:

and I dunno what they were thinking

"Where can we save a few bucks?"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

The worst is Yuri Lowenthal because he does additional voices in every video game ever made + only has one voice (or maybe it's a thing where directors are always telling him to do the same voice)

I've been playing a lot of the new Hitman where like 30% of the male NPCs are voiced by him and I dunno what they were thinking
Could be worse, it could have been a new Fallout game.

I felt really bad in Tomb Raider reboot cause half the random mooks were Liam O' Brian and I don't know wanna kill them all of a sudden. Especially when they start having weird conversations about how much they miss bacon.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Oh yeah, Cold Steel chapter 5 introduces a really annoying boss on the free day. Not to spoiler anything, but I wasted one hour trying to figure out how to take it down since its magical attacks are instant and they freeze your party most of the time. If you are like me, you didn't have enough accessories with prevent freeze because no one's used that yet. The solution turns out to be simple: the boss is weak to turn delay. Just use Rean and Crow's delay crafts to take it down to half HP and then wait for the criticals to show up to use your SSS craft thingies. If you have Jusis around with his Noble Command, it makes it easier to set this up since you are speeding your party.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The only western voice actor I can name + know what they sound like is Mark Hamill

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

kirbysuperstar posted:

"Where can we save a few bucks?"

Yeah I know but it's so obviously the same guy every time doing that Persona 4 Yosuke voice even though the tutorial is in like a KGB base or something + the first mission is in Paris. It's just kinda lazy

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

HGH posted:

Could be worse, it could have been a new Fallout game.

I felt really bad in Tomb Raider reboot cause half the random mooks were Liam O' Brian and I don't know wanna kill them all of a sudden. Especially when they start having weird conversations about how much they miss bacon.

New Vegas's voice cast was 1/2 Liam O'brian, 1/2 Yuri Lowenthal

It was truly the best of both worlds

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Did some tidying up and found my vita box, if anyone in the UK wants a 4gb vita memory card for free PM me an address and I'll throw it in the post, otherwise it's just going in the bin because I'm never taking my 64gb out ever again.

EDIT: And it's gone

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 26, 2016

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

dubs are fail

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

The only western voice actor I can name + know what they sound like is Mark Hamill

What about jackie chan or mike tyson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jackie Chan didn't play Jackie Chan in the cartoon