Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
I hereby publicly state on this, the Something Awful Forums, that Trump is sexy and I will certainly vote for him in the general over it among other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTCnmPi2HMA

Found this on Youtube the other day.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Hey only 60% of Donald's retweets are from white supremacists

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Fidel Castronaut posted:

You can't even make a cohesive argument for what would count as "facts" of sexism.

I did. Find a former co-worker or romantic interest or even casual friend that has publicly spoken out against Trump. Everyone who knows him personally and everyone who has worked for him thinks highly of him. It is his enemies who bring out the slurs, as one would expect.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

Epic High Five posted:

look they'll love him okay, just don't ask them about it or interpret any primary results

I can't parse this sentence.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

this is better than a republican primary sex scandal

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I am formally stating that Trump is sexist, and that if he wins in the general election i will somehow chuck everyone on this forum headfirst into a tornado

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

Like in general to this thread: politics and political messaging actually does have some subtitles to them, go read about the southern strategy on how the GOP manage win the south for like 30 years by making their racist messages subtle enough so that you can't quite call them on it. This appealed to ex-dixiecrats and southern racists for decades without alienating too many liberals. Read the Lee Atwater interview where he explains how this works and is pretty much always based on racial divides.

It's just that in 2016 people have wisened up on one end to this kind of messaging, and people on the other end no longer thinks it's explicit enough.

Trump is probably the least dog whistle candidate that has ever run for office though. He is straight out with all of his opinions. And I can't detect anything racist about any of them. I think the call for a total Muslim ban was at worst myopic. And Muslim isn't a race anyhow.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

i will somehow cu.ck everyone on this forum headfirst into a tornado

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I can't parse this sentence.

claims that women love him are rock solid provided you do not include any real world results thus far

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Baloogan posted:

this is better than a republican primary sex scandal
It's amusing, but I dunno if it's that good.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

poo poo, thought I was responding to NML, not you Epic.

No Mans Land posted:

I did. Find a former co-worker or romantic interest or even casual friend that has publicly spoken out against Trump. Everyone who knows him personally and everyone who has worked for him thinks highly of him. It is his enemies who bring out the slurs, as one would expect.

A person who gets money from him who does not call him sexist is the dumbest proof you could come up with. He is a public figure. Public figures say stuff out loud that goes through radio waves and printed paper and coaxial cable. Do you seriously believe that none of those mediums can communicate sexism and that the only way to know is to hang out with him in person for a while? What?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

Trump is probably the least dog whistle candidate that has ever run for office though. He is straight out with all of his opinions. And I can't detect anything racist about any of them. I think the call for a total Muslim ban was at worst myopic. And Muslim isn't a race anyhow.

quote:

Atwater: You start out in 1954 by saying, "friend of the family, friend of the family, friend of the family." By 1968 you can't say "friend of the family"—that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me—because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "friend of the family, friend of the family."

Yeah you probably the sort who couldn't detect anything racist about "state's rights" and "law and order" in the 1970s either even though those were explicit pro-segregationist and pro-racist policing positions

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

I am formally stating that Trump is sexist, and that if he wins in the general election i will somehow chuck everyone on this forum headfirst into a tornado
Please do. It would be a mercy.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Can we get back to discussing important issues like Ted Cruz having sex?

Like, is his dick shaped like his nose?

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

He's an equal opportunity insulter, but when women adversaries get insulted they bring out the victim card, as another ploy to gain advantage, not because they were actually offended somehow. We'll see Clinton do this in the general.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.
One of the greatest mysteries to the right wing will always be how non-straight white males seem to not hate an incredibly intelligent, accomplished woman who has spent most of her life in public service enduring constant disgusting misogynistic attacks and kept on going. Even though BENGHAZI and her husband cheated on her.

Hillary unquestionably has personal and professional failings but she is a hawkish left center moderate that would have been right at home in the Republican party 30 years ago if she had a penis and was slightly more racist.

Hillary's greatest problem/asset is no one that dislikes her as a person is really quite sure why they do besides the fact that the right has been painting her as a bitch lesbian satan for the past 24 years.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Despera posted:

Hey only 60% of Donald's retweets are from white supremacists

I wonder if Cruz counts as a white supremacist if he's not white? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7Xcy5m5bU

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

claims that women love him are rock solid provided you do not include any real world results thus far

I got you, sorry. Thought you were NML for some reason and wondered why he sounded like he was agreeing that his criteria are dumb. :respek:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Fidel Castronaut posted:

I got you, sorry. Thought you were NML for some reason and wondered why he sounded like he was agreeing that his criteria are dumb. :respek:

hey no worries

a comment so nice i got to say it twice

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Fidel Castronaut posted:

poo poo, thought I was responding to NML, not you Epic.

A person who gets money from him who does not call him sexist is the dumbest proof you could come up with. He is a public figure. Public figures say stuff out loud that goes through radio waves and printed paper and coaxial cable. Do you seriously believe that none of those mediums can communicate sexism and that the only way to know is to hang out with him in person for a while? What?

I judge someone far more on their actions than their words and so I don't see a reason to think Trump thinks less of women professionally. In fact once he said that one good woman in the office is better than 10 men, although on average they are less effective than men he also said.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

pillsburysoldier posted:

I wonder if Cruz counts as a white supremacist if he's not white? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq7Xcy5m5bU

that sounds more like Lindsey Graham's voice rather than Cruz

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

He's an equal opportunity insulter, but when women adversaries get insulted they bring out the victim card, as another ploy to gain advantage, not because they were actually offended somehow. We'll see Clinton do this in the general.

I think someone explained this really well.

Take any of his insults towards men and see if it could apply to all men just as well, the answer is no. "Lying ted" and "Little Marco" and "low energy" don't apply to all men.

But something like calling Megyn Kelly out of all people a "bimbo" and accusing her of pmsing because she's cold and assertive is something which could be made against pretty much any women. Lots of women can relate to how men tell them they are pmsing when they are being annoyed etc. Saying "you have to treat women like poo poo" reminds women of...well all those other sexist dudes in their lives.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

No Mans Land posted:

I judge someone far more on their actions than their words and so I don't see a reason to think Trump thinks less of women professionally. In fact once he said that one good woman in the office is better than 10 men, although on average they are less effective than men he also said.

"I judge a person more on their actions than their words"

"In fact he once said..."

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

Yeah you probably the sort who couldn't detect anything racist about "state's rights" and "law and order" in the 1970s either even though those were explicit pro-segregationist and pro-racist policing positions

Now the BLM activists are pushing for segregationist policies all over again so this isn't an avenue I think we should go down.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

that sounds more like Lindsey Graham's voice rather than Cruz

When slimes reproduce, they temporarily share minds and speak as one. Nothing to be alarmed about.

e: drat your stealth edit.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

No Mans Land posted:

Now the BLM activists are pushing for segregationist policies all over again so this isn't an avenue I think we should go down.

you can think that trump and blm are simultaneously bad

is this the part where you rant on about sjws?

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

No Mans Land posted:

This is certainly not a sexist thing to say, nope. Even if it was, it's just words, right?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

No Mans Land posted:

just so everybody knows, this comment in defense of a position of "show me somebody suing him for gender discrimination" is pulled from an article about somebody suing him for gender discrimination

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

pillsburysoldier posted:

Even Cruz doesn't sound that effeminate

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

gbs ladycrew for trump

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
guys defending Donald Trump's noteworthy respect for women is probably not a good hill to die on

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

I think someone explained this really well.

Take any of his insults towards men and see if it could apply to all men just as well, the answer is no. "Lying ted" and "Little Marco" and "low energy" don't apply to all men.

But something like calling Megyn Kelly out of all people a "bimbo" and accusing her of pmsing because she's cold and assertive is something which could be made against pretty much any women. Lots of women can relate to how men tell them they are pmsing when they are being annoyed etc. Saying "you have to treat women like poo poo" reminds women of...well all those other sexist dudes in their lives.

She has no personality or public persona of her own, she reads off a teleprompter for a cable news station and occasionally asks loaded questions, its very difficult to insult an empty suit but i guess he thought it was necessary. Now he just says their ratings are low if they come after him. He's learned.

And what, is he going to call all the men "bastards"? Men are more likely to project a certain persona that can be attacked if they come after him. Difficult to attack women but they are used, and use themselves, as political pawns too. To ignore them all out of chivalry is a way to get taken advantage of. Like Bernie did by refusing to attack Hillary.

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

"I do not judge a person whose primary job right now is to communicate by their communication. I also do not judge witnesses by their testimony, preachers by their sermons, or debaters by their arguments. Words mean nothing. They are the silhouettes on the wall of Plato's cave, which I read to my pillow while in bed."

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Karl Sharks posted:

This is certainly not a sexist thing to say, nope. Even if it was, it's just words, right?

There are things women as a whole are not as good at doing as men are and it is objectively okay to acknowledge this.

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Karl Sharks posted:

Women on average work fewer hours in the office than men, this is a fact. This plays into lower effectiveness. Still havent entered the realm of sexism. If you still think thats sexism then I guess life is very hard for you.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Just posting to say that I hate Megyn Kelly and that the lionization of her by the establishment is lame as gently caress.

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
as an abs haver and mad max fan , only Katrina Pierson is up to my standards in the Cuban mistress crisis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mans Land
Feb 26, 2016

by Cowcaster

Typo posted:

guys defending Donald Trump's noteworthy respect for women is probably not a good hill to die on

No ones gonna die on this fuckin hill lol.

• Locked thread