Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I eat bad seafood for breakfast.

I'm very ill and need an ambulance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

Josuke Higashikata is under my protection.

I'll destroy him when I'm good and ready; the rest of you can back off.

you should destroy him by changing his av to that dog

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

you should destroy him by changing his av to that dog

Threatening to spread your Clinton tag is cold, even for banter.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Threatening to spread your Clinton tag is cold, even for banter.

lol that's kind of hosed up man

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
On a tangentially related note I wish I hadn't lost my copy of the Duwang scans or I would've tried to make the false OP of the anime thread more accurate to the delivery of the original.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kakyoin sucks, sorry.

Kakyoin sucks, sorry.

Aurain: "KAKYOIN SUCKS WTF IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU! BAD SEAFOOD PROBATE THEM!'
*Bad seafood writes a name down in the Bannote*
Aurain: "GOOD JOB, LET ME SEE IT!"
*Bad seafood shows Aurain his own name with one sentence written by it*
"User loses posting privileges for 6 hours."
*Aurain makes a futile escape, but it is only moments later that his avatar turns into an imprisoned kitty*
*Credit Rolls, Snow (Hey Oh) Plays*

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If it happens, it better say Kuckyoin.
A rap sheet full of puns.

And let the record state that the only people who say "ban him" are people who like Kakyoin after me!

e: Hah that word's filtered.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i2NUSNCbhU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tyrone is right again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzGfI_j3Wyw

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

well, he is right about that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

same

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's sad really because he's actually called Gordon but people would only ever know who you're talking about if you call him Tyrone which is 99% certain to be rooted in racism. :smith:

(He embraces the name)

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
Hey did anyone ever make a good translation of Part 5

I went to re-read it at some point because I couldn't remember anything more specific than "Bruno is really cool" but I legitimately couldn't tell what the gently caress was going on for a significant portion of it

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

DoubleDonut posted:

Hey did anyone ever make a good translation of Part 5

I went to re-read it at some point because I couldn't remember anything more specific than "Bruno is really cool" but I legitimately couldn't tell what the gently caress was going on for a significant portion of it

its happening

someone's translating it right now. i think it's like 2/3rd's done?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I need all of it, god dammit! Maybe I'll just finally finish reading Stone Ocean.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Baal posted:

Aurain: "KAKYOIN SUCKS WTF IS WRONG WITH ALL OF YOU! BAD SEAFOOD PROBATE THEM!'
*Bad seafood writes a name down in the Bannote*
Aurain: "GOOD JOB, LET ME SEE IT!"
*Bad seafood shows Aurain his own name with one sentence written by it*
"User loses posting privileges for 6 hours."
*Aurain makes a futile escape, but it is only moments later that his avatar turns into an imprisoned kitty*
*Credit Rolls, Snow (Hey Oh) Plays*

I too feel that the Death Note live action movies were underrated.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Amazing

RubberLuffy
Mar 31, 2011
Someone on Twitter said VIZ is doing home DVD/BD sub&dub releases of Parts 1-4. God, I hope so.

RubberLuffy fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 26, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RubberLuffy posted:

Someone on Twitter said VIZ is doing home DVD/BD sub&dub releases of Parts 1-4. God, I hope so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTrT9P6JrdU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://twitter.com/abzeronow/status/713783469973700608

Part 3 JoJoniums confirmed

e: Same twitter account says Viz say they always dub an anime they have rights to and they have rights to SDC for home video so the P4 dub/sub thing is probably 100% true too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 26, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I feel like printing who knows how many copies of nine hardback volumes is way more expensive than it's probably worth considering they've already printed a paperback version of em, but gently caress it I'll buy em all. Really glad I only bought one volume of the paperback print.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JoJoniums are better and getting all of DIO's World in a single volume alone makes it all worth it, so gently caress it, why not go ahead with it.

I'd be surprised if they didn't touch the translation up some too.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As long as I have my original volumes where Vanilla Ice is called vanilla ice they can never touch up the translation

everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No but this is loving awesome, I'm hype as gently caress right now for the Vizening

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

As someone who already owns the entirety of VIZ's original run I'd gladly buy it all again in glorious large-print hardback.

Just please, eventually, release Part 4.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Baal posted:

As long as I have my original volumes where Vanilla Ice is called vanilla ice they can never touch up the translation

everrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

No but this is loving awesome, I'm hype as gently caress right now for the Vizening
Did they change it later? He's still called Vanilla Ice in mine.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wouldn't expect them to change names, just phrasing or whatever if it's awkward.

With the pace they publish volumes, it'd be nice if they were up to date by late part 9. It'd be sweet to get Eng JoJo volumes shortly after their JP release.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

part 3 Jojoniums?! glad i stopped buying SDC at volume 3 or 4

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Did they change it later? He's still called Vanilla Ice in mine.

They probably won't, but it seems in general like the changes between the DVD and Viz releases are shared and I don't feel like they're going to stick with Vanilla Ice for the anime so they might try to keep it consistent in the JoJonium too.

Who really knows though we'll see and win lose or draw I am going to be buying these physically and digitally just as I have everything else

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Moltrey posted:

I feel like printing who knows how many copies of nine hardback volumes is way more expensive than it's probably worth considering they've already printed a paperback version of em, but gently caress it I'll buy em all. Really glad I only bought one volume of the paperback print.

I have zero regrets about buying the paperback even though I hoped there'd be jojoniums; I enjoyed rereading last summer.

Pretty sure pt 4 is coming soon. This news makes up for the fact that I trekked out to kinokuniya today only to find the diu rerelease still out of stock.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I'll be interested to read Araki's notes on Hol Horse, Enya, and D'Arby the Gambler considering they all get covers alongside the core cast.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a mini-retrospective on most of the Part 3 mooks, or at least the ones with more stage presence.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Condiv posted:

its happening

someone's translating it right now. i think it's like 2/3rd's done?

It's like 40% done going by chapter count.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
My post sounds real negative in hindsight, im sorry. This news is really cool and I am totally buying all of them.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

I have zero regrets about buying the paperback even though I hoped there'd be jojoniums; I enjoyed rereading last summer.

Pretty sure pt 4 is coming soon. This news makes up for the fact that I trekked out to kinokuniya today only to find the diu rerelease still out of stock.
I really enjoyed reading the first volume and was totally a week or two away from pulling the trigger on the other fifteen or sixteen. I woulda kept em all and it woulda been dope, but it's probably for the best. If Viz starts releasing Part 4 along side the Part 3 JoJoniums then loving game over for my wallet.

I've slowly been re-reading my Part 1 JoJoniums alongside watching the anime and y'all Part 1 is dope. I just finished the Tarukus fight and forgot there was a totally a part where Jonathan just chops clean through Tarukus' entire arm horizontally. The mansion fight is still really good and I even enjoyed the Bruford fight more than I have in the past.

All of JoJo's is good.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Can I move on to part 6 without reading part 5? I can't find scans of part 5 that aren't lovely and it's impossible to read compared to how good the Viz and JoJo's Colored Translation scans are.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

fadam posted:

Can I move on to part 6 without reading part 5? I can't find scans of part 5 that aren't lovely and it's impossible to read compared to how good the Viz and JoJo's Colored Translation scans are.

5 is being retranslated as we speak, and it's about... 3/5ths of the way through ?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Zeruel posted:

5 is being retranslated as we speak, and it's about... 3/5ths of the way through ?

Oh snap, officially?

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

fadam posted:

Yeah, there's nothing huge tying those parts together.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

fadam posted:

Oh snap, officially?

Nah, just a scanlation group doing good scanlations i think on their free time. I'd say you can go ahead, despite what the set-up would have you believe, and how the endgame starts, it's the least connected of all the OG JoJos.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

fadam posted:

You can, yes. I'd still recommend reading it eventually, at least when you have run out of other JoJo.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

fadam posted:

5 is one of the most inconsequential parts to the rest of the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Parts 4, 5, and 6 are all separate from each other for the most part. You could jump straight from part 3 to part 6 and not be missing out on much that's relevant to its plot.