Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
Bird butt doesn't seem to like the swing we got her. Anyone got more recommendations for various toys and stuff their GCC like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Still in consideration on a name, we are thinking possibly Griddle

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mirthless posted:

OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS BABY BIRD

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

LOOK AT THE BABY

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Adorable oh my gosh

Clary
Jan 6, 2011

What are birds?
We just don't know.

Mirthless posted:

I'm still not 100% sure how we ended up coming home with another bird. I guess this is the problem with bird fairs, we said we were just going to get toys and toy making supplies, and yet... Decided to put six raffle tickets in on a new cage and won it, so guess we had to buy a bird. Not to mention the guy who sold us the conure offered us a good discount because one of his babies bit me on the nostril and nearly gave me a birdie piercing, so we ended up with enough left over to get everything we needed in the end :v:.

We almost ended up with a blue Indian Ringneck Parakeet, but it was just a little out of our price range. Somehow didn't get any pictures of them, so here is a baby of approximate cuteness.

Also at the Bird Fair a Red Factor African Grey for the low price of only $1200. The guy selling him said we were the only ones to know what she was the whole day.

This pretty bird is Popcorn the 10 year old Cockatiel who loves popcorn. Her owner ended up in the hospital while she lived alone for some time, only being fed and watered and had kind of become untamed. The woman selling her said she would need some extra work to resocialize, but was a very sweet bird.

Pet this Bare Eyed Legend who supposedly loves women till it noticed my nail polish and bit me. I still went back for more and got a second bite.

Violet backed Starlings are basically shiny Pokemon.

Additional Bird Fair goodness:here

Clary fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 27, 2016

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

So we are pretty heavily leaning towards Griddle, if we've got Skillet (Potato), Griddle (Cakes) seems pretty good :3:

Alternatively, Miso! Miso soup is great for breakfast, and this bird is deff. an anime. The problem is that I am probably incapable of making miso sorry jokes non stop because I am a terrible person

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 27, 2016

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

:kimchi:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sorry about your imminent fingat loss :ohdear:.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

aaaa

aaaAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i think part of my brain just overloaded

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
okay one more for the night

We are gonna have to uh build some furniture "enhancements" to really make room for a better cage arrangement, since this was a little impromptu. Boo's been wanting to stay in Skillet's cage forever so we just decided to officially declare them married and let them take up housekeeping together

With Boo's real estate freed up I am retrofitting it to accommodate a baby conure:

We won a cheap, but sizable flight cage at a raffle at the bird fair for five bucks (that's the white cage he's in in the first picture I posted earlier) that is larger than Skillet's current cage, so we are going to set that one up here soon for Skillet and Boo to move into and move Griddle to Skillet's cage once it is freed up. This arrangement should work great for everybody, in the interim he seems to be enjoying how we have set up his cage, though I am probably going to wiggle some perches around to make a little more room.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Mar 27, 2016

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Mirthless posted:

So we are pretty heavily leaning towards Griddle, if we've got Skillet (Potato), Griddle (Cakes) seems pretty good :3:

Alternatively, Miso! Miso soup is great for breakfast, and this bird is deff. an anime. The problem is that I am probably incapable of making miso sorry jokes non stop because I am a terrible person

i like the big eyes they are cute

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Mirthless posted:

your bird has anime eyes

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't handle this bird :pusheen:

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Mirthless posted:

We are gonna have to uh build some furniture "enhancements" to really make room for a better cage arrangement, since this was a little impromptu. Boo's been wanting to stay in Skillet's cage forever so we just decided to officially declare them married and let them take up housekeeping together

Your baby conure is cute and all, but I think that we really need to see some pictures of this, too.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Y'all are not helping me resist the urges to get a birb...

that little Griddle is too cute! Such big eyes she has!

Good thing I am calling the breeder next month sometime to have a chat about babies :)

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

She's too cute, I'm dead, you've slain me.

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011
Baby conure is ADORABLE!!! Heart melting!

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Stop making me want a green birb!!!!

In other news, today Putni landed on my head again several times, and actually let me carry him (and Pion) out to the bathroom, were they both got a shower.
Then there was the battle to get Putni back from the bathroom again.

Sorry, no wet birb pics, was too busy figuring out how to get Putni back.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

His name is stomp. He is cute, and if I post pictures my heart snap in pieces.

Years and years ago, an older couple in Vermont with an AMAZING A-frame log cabin decked-out for parrots asked my then-girlfriend-now-wife over to play with the birbs and hang out. My wife lost her two childhood parrots two years earlier.

A little dusky conure flew down to her forearm with a "prrrrp?" and an inquisitive look. SO started sobbing, conure came up to her ear and started preening it. Reminder, they had never met before.

The hosts made us an offer for the conure (offer as in, "we're getting older and need fewer birds, take him") that we couldn't accept. I was going to finally get a degree and work my way through school in a lab and she was a few months away from a full-ride MS program (birb metabolism research) that would separate us for three years. Neither of us even had health insurance (I'm sorry, but the ACA was a sham to foist bad insurance onto the working poor, which we were at the time). Absoluteyculd we not take the bird.

We met a few yesterday that are squiggleheartmeltohmygod little featherbabies and it has steeled our resolve to make sure whatever property we end up buying is super birb friendly.

What I CAN post are pictures of Kundi, a Gray we will be receiving in some years. Kundi enjoys towels, flying, and "ArrrrrrrrrRRRRRIBA!!" I'll get them in here in a few hours so help me God.

Also, huppy easter!

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 27, 2016

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
https://vine.co/v/iJt91xEeHm3

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Kundi the babby, years and years ago.

Kundi, a little older.

With application of the right bribery and blood sacrifices, the breeder agreed not to clip her wings at a young age. She is fully-flighted, and it is ridiculous to see such a large bird stop instantly midair, go up two feet, and turn around when you don't want her to enter the kitchen or something. It helps that greys basically have the same color as the paint of an ANG F16.

She is also a cuddlebug.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 27, 2016

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

https://vine.co/v/ebDjXOQL2Fu

"okay"

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

Sleepy time!

Wrecking Ball
Jul 16, 2011

Eejit posted:

Sleepy time!

Omg he/she (sorry I can't remember) is like a little lap dog. :3

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Eejit posted:

Sleepy time!

I very much want to pet that crumbled up tissue paper.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Eejit posted:

Sleepy time!

I very much want to pet your poof :3:

I uploaded a bunch of bird clips to vine https://vine.co/u/1170627854053044224
I forgot that was what vine was for, I had all these little video moments and was trying to figure out how to share them haha

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Does laptop cockatoo rouse easily when sleeping in your lap?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Eejit posted:

Sleepy time!
Oh come the gently caress on :kimchi:

The best part of going to the bird store when I lived in Arizona was when they'd have juvenile umbrella cockatoos and all they wanted to do was nibble gently on my ear and then snuggle into my lap just like that to sleep.

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Potato Salad posted:

Kundi, a little older.

With application of the right bribery and blood sacrifices, the breeder agreed not to clip her wings at a young age. She is fully-flighted, and it is ridiculous to see such a large bird stop instantly midair, go up two feet, and turn around when you don't want her to enter the kitchen or something. It helps that greys basically have the same color as the paint of an ANG F16.

She is also a cuddlebug.

greys are amazing birds

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Too much cute bird going on on this page

My nickname for Scout is "Green Bird" but I only say it when I am talking to her while she is not on my shoulder or in my hand.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Sure, it looks cute, but it'll be howling about "fuckin' rock n' roll" soon enough.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Khizan posted:

Your baby conure is cute and all, but I think that we really need to see some pictures of this, too.

Sure

(skillet likes to shuffle up to boo, say "Boobird! Gimme kiss!" and then he gives boo a smooch on the beak)

Skillet being a Potato

This was a thing that happened:

(blurry:)

A little widdle more Griddle:

We got a Galaxy S7 when my phone went out earlier this month and the camera is too good. :colbert: You guys are just going to have to put up with more bird pics. I should probably turn down the resolution a little. Like 70% of these pics were taken by Clary, who had to edit this in because I am a jerk who forgot.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 28, 2016

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

Mirthless posted:

(skillet likes to shuffle up to boo, say "Boobird! Gimme kiss!" and then he gives boo a smooch on the beak)
[

This is my favorite picture of the bunch, but they are all magnificent. Like, my heart almost can't take how adorable all this is. I love your naming scheme as well :3: :3: :3:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
The breakfast names just sort of happened after we named a cat Pancake. We're now up to 7 parts of a balanced breakfast. Four cats: Pancake, Syrup, Coffee and Eclair (we ate these for breakfast in Michigan. it's apparently weird here in Oklahoma. :shrug:) And now 3 birds with Skillet(Potatoes), Booberry, and Griddle(cakes)

Skillet and Boo are impossibly cute together and while we hadn't originally intended to keep them in the same space Boo was pretty insistent about it throughout. Just maintaining quarantine was close to impossible. He was hurling himself across the room at Skillet's cage from the second day we had him home and never let up, after the first month was up (and quarantine was over) he just kept bugging the poo poo out of Skillet whenever they were out of the cage together until he finally gave up and allowed himself to be loved by this tiny bird. Skillet's a little more grouchy around us with another bird to hang out with all the time but overall I think he is a lot happier to have a friend and while I know this isn't true with every bird it really seemed to work out with him. Having boo around has made him up his game at everything he does, his singing is more complex and with Boo running around his cage ringing bells and biting on everything all the time Skillet has to play extra hard to keep up, so he is getting a lot more exercise, too. :3:

I would recommend everyone have a budgie btw, they should really just issue them to anyone who works or lives in a high stress environment. Listening to one of those little beans burbling in your ear for a couple of hours could relax just about anyone.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I always recommend budgies for pet birds, they are just the most wonderful animals.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Potato Salad posted:

YOU HAVE BABBY PICS!!!!

I am so jealous, I only got to see Pookie when she was a big weaned baby with big black eyes, so still adorable.

Kundi looks like such a sweetpea :3:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Boo is running around the cage kissing all the toys :kimchi: smooch! smooch! smooch!

I am still working on getting good video of him doing cute stuff, as is Clary, but we are not having a lot of luck as he tends to become immediately interested in us when we start recording.

Pookah posted:

YOU HAVE BABBY PICS!!!!

I am so jealous, I only got to see Pookie when she was a big weaned baby with big black eyes, so still adorable.

Kundi looks like such a sweetpea :3:

Baby birds are The Weirdest

they are simultaneously both hideously ugly and impossibly adorable at the same time. I would probably scream if I opened my trash can and saw baby Kundi looking at me in the middle of the night, but as long as I understand the context of him being a baby bird I want to pick him up and kiss him forever

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
My theory is baby birds need to be ugly as hell so their parents can barf up food for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

My GCC has been obsessed with trying to drink my diet soda. No bird! No soda and chemicals for you! :psyduck: