Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Zzulu posted:

Most of those are mediocre at best. I liked TDK and Dredd and Guardians was good silly fun. The rest of it is really just a sad gallery of movies

oooooo look at Mr Criteron Collection here.

I agree though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Blazing Ownager posted:

gently caress buildup we want that sweet comic money loving NOW, let's throw everything we can in there!

Seriously though, this would have been like Marvel if Thanos was thrown into Winter Soldier and was turned into a clone of Captain America, and then killed 10 minutes later. "What would be really loving stupid of them," you say, but there you go: DC is that dumb.

PS: Best part of the movie was Batman saying 'gently caress no killing,' and turning into Iron Punisher instead.

yeah, they needed to wait and do a slow burn. or at least a patient burn, not something insane.

marvel punisher still better than batman punisher though

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
A jar of piss? For real?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Consummate Professional posted:

A jar of piss? For real?

I just realized the jar was open too so she totally should have smelled a big jar of piss way before she even noticed it there

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The hero we need.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Zack Snyder fans v Reality

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Say Nothing posted:

The hero we need.

i remembe rwhen i found out one punch man was a webcomic originally. and then i looked it up and literally anybody in this thread could draw better than that guy. he is now rich as gently caress. gently caress the world

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

I watched this movie in 3D on Friday night, 6:30PM showing. For less than :10bux:
The regular 6:00 showing had sold-out, but we found 3 seats together right at 6:25, and the theatre never filled more than halfway.

I thought the movie was pretty entertaining, but I wasn't terribly fond of the character's seeming lack of depth...even for a comic book movie.

Ms. Godot as Wonder Woman was visually stunning, but her character was less than engaging.

Fight scenes were a bit meh.

Lex was the only remotely interesting character, but the actor gave Luther a bizarre, spastic affectation that was distracting.

I'm a 'casual' comics fan, and I don't see most comic movies. I enjoyed all the other recent Batman films, but this one was kinda forgettable.

TLDR - 5/10 meh
NO RAGRETS

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
one punch man is great

it migth be the only good thing apart from DBZ that is remotely anime that is still good

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
here's a better movie idea

batterman vs souperman

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When are we getting the DC vs Marvel universe mega cinematic crossover event

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine
is zach snyder the new michael bay or something

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Unbelievably Fat Man posted:

Watchmen is a hard sell because it's proximity to the book is going to make it look like hot garbage even if it were almost kinda decent. And since it was refined mediocrity it ended up being terrible. (I kinda liked how they took away Rorschach's big badass scene but that's literally all I liked about that movie).

i can't believe they circumcized mister manhattans dick. i wanted that big uncut turtleneck, like in the comics

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

one punch man is great

it migth be the only good thing apart from DBZ that is remotely anime that is still good

i'd watch Goku vs Superman the movie

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Immortan posted:

is zach snyder the new michael bay or something

Michael Bay had better movies

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
a movie to surpass metal gear

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I think Zack snyder should make a dragonball z movie, since he could just focus entirely on fights and style over any sort of character depth there

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Otisburg posted:

i can't believe they circumcized mister manhattans dick. i wanted that big uncut turtleneck, like in the comics

he was an american so the comic was inaccurate.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
so has kevin smith killed himself yet? or is he actually gonna act like this is the greatest thing to ever happen to movies?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Doflamingo posted:

Batman Returns, The Dark Knight, Sin City, Dredd, Blade, Hellboy, Guardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man to name a few... heck, even 300 and Watchmen - made by the same director as this poo poo - weren't half bad.

i legit think iron man is one of the top like 3 comic movies but its hard to see that in hindsight due to all the marvel movie baggage

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

shiksa posted:

so has kevin smith killed himself yet? or is he actually gonna act like this is the greatest thing to ever happen to movies?

He's committing suicide very slowly, via cake.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

kevin smith has pitched a superman story where the man of steel takes on his most nefarious enemy yet: southwest airlines

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.
Flash Gordon is literally the only good comic book movie. Don't let it's association with Big Bang Theory fool you

ChosenbytheZetans
Jan 21, 2013

Zzulu posted:

one punch man is great

If Batman vs Superman ended with One Punch Man pulling up in a cab saying "Sorry I'm late, it was special sale day..." and one punching both of them it would have been a much more satisfying movie.

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

oh my god

I had completely ignored that movie up until now but this made me go read a synopsis and jesus

who the gently caress greenlit that, what kind of demented fucker makes a movie like that.

It's like someone played Alice and decided it needed a huge infusion of disturbing sexuality.

Who doea Zack Snyder know that let's him keep making movies

My girlfriend at the time wanted to see that movie and while this wasn't the reason why we broke up, it was a very good indication something was wrong. I thought the movie was garbage and she was moved to tears because of what a powerful message it sent.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Testikles posted:

My girlfriend at the time wanted to see that movie and while this wasn't the reason why we broke up, it was a very good indication something was wrong. I thought the movie was garbage and she was moved to tears because of what a powerful message it sent.

what message was that?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
if you feel bad just keep dancing and you'll get money to buy things to feel good

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i legit think iron man is one of the top like 3 comic movies but its hard to see that in hindsight due to all the marvel movie baggage

I liked Winter Soldier too since it had no fantastic CGI opponents and lots of old school fight sequences such as the elevator beatdown scene.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqIBGEcKhGs

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

alan moore's twilight of the superheroes would have been ten billion times better than kingdom come which art aside i thought was really mediocre

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Stex T posted:

Flash Gordon is literally the only good comic book movie. Don't let it's association with Big Bang Theory fool you

The Phantom and Nick Fury are pretty good.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
i would also like a movie to run with grant morrison's all star superman interpretation of lex luthor where he pushes himself to peak human physically and mentally to be the best he can be and resents superman for trivialising all the things a normal person can achieve without trying and holding humanity back by being a big paternal figure solving our big crises for us. That is a cool and understandable lex, even if he is still a sociopath.

also i am a nerd who will never be loved by anyone but my mum

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

The Phantom and Nick Fury are pretty good.

Oh yeah and the Stallone Dredd movie. He was perfect for the role.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neurosis posted:

i would also like a movie to run with grant morrison's all star superman interpretation of lex luthor where he pushes himself to peak human physically and mentally to be the best he can be and resents superman for trivialising all the things a normal person can achieve without trying and holding humanity back by being a big paternal figure solving our big crises for us. That is a cool and understandable lex, even if he is still a sociopath.

also i am a nerd who will never be loved by anyone but my mum

when he finally sees how superman sees the world is one of the better comic pages. too bad these new movies don't have that superman :)

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

nobody remembers the best comic movie ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJX60CSED1s

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ChosenbytheZetans posted:

If Batman vs Superman ended with One Punch Man pulling up in a cab saying "Sorry I'm late, it was special sale day..." and one punching both of them it would have been a much more satisfying movie.

Saitama couldn't afford a cab - he'd just show up on the back of Mumen Rider's bike.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

what was it with the 90s/80s and weird comic movies, stuff like dick tracy/rockateer/the shadow/the phantom/a few others.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

Actually it's based on a radio character, you plebe

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Dapper_Swindler posted:

what was it with the 90s/80s and weird comic movies, stuff like dick tracy/rockateer/the shadow/the phantom/a few others.

idk but we didnt loving deserve it thats for certain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

honestly though, i think it was one of those hollywood things where everybody copies everybody else. and for some reason pulp heroes were en vogue. maybe indy jones was the start of it and they even invented one (the rocketeer). i dont think any of them were too successful except for dick tracy though. not counting indy obviously

• Locked thread