Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ilifinicus posted:

there's a big difference here; all the items in that promo are in the game files, available as actual items but with no way of obtaining them. Other exclusives they have done have been unique to their regions (china or korea) and not been part of the game files that we share with the Japanese language version. This the first time they've pulled something like this for this game, and it's really not an acceptable situation because we're not going to be in a situation where someone who has these items can be on NA or EU servers as they please and show off their poo poo. Based on flags on the items in the game files, these are going to be account-wide items like veteran rewards

So they're the new Houses? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Evil Fluffy posted:

You can disable the windows key. Some keyboards even come with a toggle to make it extra convenient.

Disabling is for chumps. Bend it to your will instead with a registry tweak and turn it into F13, a button you can then use for things like PTT in Ventrilo or Mumble instead. http://www.grismar.net/ventrilocapsfix/

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Haquer posted:

So they're the new Houses? :v:
houses are not completely unobtainable in any way for us

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

ilifinicus posted:

hahahahahahaha

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Just to be clear, it's really the maid outfit everyone is upset about right?

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Aphrodite posted:

I'm upset about the maid outfit. I also have a compulsive, uncontrollable desire to collect all mounts

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
While I don't care about the actual items in the promotion, I do agree with the sentiment that what SE is doing is pretty lovely, even if it is coming over here eventually. That being said, SE knows they are desired over here.

https://twitter.com/mattalos/status/713705181112700928

The question is, how long will it take them to actually bring the costumes and mounts over here? The NA/EU teams tend to drag their feet when it comes to stuff like this.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 27, 2016

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The live letter said they were thinking of putting the Chinese exclusives on the Mog Store if enough people want them. I'd assume they'd do that for the promo stuff eventually.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Hows this game doing pop-wise anyway? Sorry if this is a bad question but it's hard to find data on it.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Aphrodite posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kleptomania

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013
Maybe people should actually see the announcement where it says they'll be available in NA/EU before becoming hysterical.

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

I read the OP about realms being re-opened and closed for character creation, but how long can I expect to wait typically before I can get in?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grimes posted:

I read the OP about realms being re-opened and closed for character creation, but how long can I expect to wait typically before I can get in?

Generally speaking, if you check after midnight on a weekday, you will probably be able to create a character. If you check just after 4am, you should almost certainly be ok. Or you can make your character then pay for a transfer and skip the bullshit. Either works.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ilifinicus posted:

If TPT's location is to be believed, dicks were sucked.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Philip Rivers posted:

Hows this game doing pop-wise anyway? Sorry if this is a bad question but it's hard to find data on it.

They like to do a census every year, but I'm way too tired to look up that info. I'm sure someone might be able to provide. Even then, I don't think they've done it for a while, so it may not be too current. I think population is pretty good overall, though? Excalibur is always goddamn full, so it's hard for us to gauge specifically. Things seem to be getting even better over time, though.

e: for people trying to make characters, the "magic" time still seems to be around 4am EDT. My girlfriend recently had two friends sign up and they had to wait until late at night like this. Essentially, don't expect any luck between noon and midnight.

The Grimace fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 27, 2016

Exponential Decay
Sep 10, 2009

i bound fire to q

Leofish posted:

Yeah, that's what I figured. I'm often the only one not wearing a job stone.
Please go to Gridania and get conjurer to 15 so you can become a paladin.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Exponential Decay posted:

Please go to Gridania and get conjurer to 15 so you can become a paladin.

I have Conjurer at 32. I will get my jobstone as soon as my Gladiator hits 30. I'm at level 27 right now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Grimes posted:

Check at each of the time intervals listed in this post. Try to make a char at each one. If your timing is good you'll get in even during busy times.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Shy
Mar 20, 2010

Next maintenance is estimated to end Mar. 29, 2016 3:00 a.m. (PDT), this should be a good time to check.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
You don't need to wait until maintenance or the middle of the night. I've made characters in the middle of peak times because I checked right at the window opening. It seems like it's open each time but only briefly.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I had no idea 3.25 was coming in literally 48 hours or whatever. Did we know that? All my motivation to clear Sephirot vanished when I realized that I can just do whatever awful grind it takes to get a 220 relic instead in two days.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You should clear it anyway because it's a cool, fun fight.

Personally, I can't wait for round 2 of endless bitching about how haaaaaaaaaard the relic grind is.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I can't wait to race my trained chocobo against everyone else for the day people play it and then go back to fun things!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Fister Roboto posted:

sephirot ex is 90% team though. if you can't find a decent team it's going to suck really hard. also depends on your class a lot I had a tough time as blm

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's literally every fight in the game though. Seph EX is actually pretty lenient on coordination checks and much heavier on personal responsibility.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
Yeah, true that a lot of the fights have that. I can't really explain why, but for instance Ravana EX (which is also pretty rough) just feels better to do. When you have a not so great team in Seph EX it hurts just a little more

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well that's obviously because current gear outclasses Ravana by a huge margin. It was balanced for people having i180 at best.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Fister Roboto posted:

That's literally every fight in the game though. Seph EX is actually pretty lenient on coordination checks and much heavier on personal responsibility.

I think the problem is more if you don't have a static the white mage in your party will be personally responsible for wiping you guys at least 4 times before someone leaves.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Well then get a static. I never said it was easy, just that it's worth doing.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
you can pug sephirot but you shouldn't let your feelings get in the way of kicking the guy that kills 3 people every ratzon phase

Fister Roboto posted:

Well that's obviously because current gear outclasses Ravana by a huge margin. It was balanced for people having i180 at best.

the music is also better...

E: if you're on leviathan I'll lend you my staff!

Orange DeviI fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Mar 27, 2016

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

killstealing posted:

Yeah, true that a lot of the fights have that. I can't really explain why, but for instance Ravana EX (which is also pretty rough) just feels better to do. When you have a not so great team in Seph EX it hurts just a little more

Aside from RavanaEx being way outgeared by now, SephEx's first phase is really repetitive so it gets old fast if your group keeps wiping.

E: kind of like A6S Blaster :orks:

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Fister Roboto posted:

Personally, I can't wait for round 2 of endless bitching about how haaaaaaaaaard the relic grind is.

I've never gotten the impression that relic grinding is hard. Just that it's never been particularly fun.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
Tedium and difficulty often tend to be conflated by people.

Grimes
Nov 12, 2005

Mr. Nice! posted:

Check at each of the time intervals listed in this post. Try to make a char at each one. If your timing is good you'll get in even during busy times.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479
Yeah, I'll keep trying. I was hoping to get onto Excalibur last night, but it was locked from 12 AM onward (even at 4:30). Maybe I'll get lucky.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Part of me feels like it's a little too soon for 3.25, but then I remember that 3.2 was a little over a month ago and that it lines up pretty well. This patch cycle has been blazing by for me.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I think the problem is more if you don't have a static the white mage in your party will be personally responsible for wiping you guys at least 4 times before someone leaves.
It was seven in a row two nights ago in PF.

That said, my friends have all cleared by now so I'll get them to carry me... just gotta find healers that don't suck.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
The pain, the horror of doing the Vault as duo Bards and the other bard ending up doing an average of 81.85 dps.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
Even a bot with a combat routine can do more than that.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Dastardly posted:

The pain, the horror of doing the Vault as duo Bards and the other bard ending up doing an average of 81.85 dps.

How? Did you have way better gear? How can someone make it to HW and not know whatever it is you need to know about Bards to do 4x the damage they were doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

MohShuvuu posted:

Even a bot with a combat routine can do more than that.

I feel like even just spamming heavy shot would do more DPS than that. I'd love to see exactly what that guy was doing.

• Locked thread