Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Majestic Prince announced both a movie and new episode at AnimeJapan. The series is being rebroadcast this July, and the new episode will air at the end, to tie in with the movie (scheduled for a Fall release).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dogsicle posted:

Majestic Prince announced both a movie and new episode at AnimeJapan. The series is being rebroadcast this July, and the new episode will air at the end, to tie in with the movie (scheduled for a Fall release).

holy poo poo! :neckbeard:

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wow that's pretty nice news.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Oh cool, I quite like MJP.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The anime felt pretty unfinished, so that's nice.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I knew it.

https://twitter.com/aicnanime/status/713596524341530624

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

Man, I'm not a muvluv fan by any means, but I saw a clip from Schwarezmarken where someone got wrecked with what was essentially a riotshield with claymores on the front of it and I wish those would show up elsewhere.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

TheManSeries posted:

Man, I'm not a muvluv fan by any means, but I saw a clip from Schwarezmarken where someone got wrecked with what was essentially a riotshield with claymores on the front of it and I wish those would show up elsewhere.

The dude killed someone by shield slamming them with a mech scale shield covered in cold war era reactive armor.

It was rad as gently caress.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
and so bubuki buranki ended.

it was eh. it happened, it had a sort of interesting thing going but the villain wasn't really what they were playing her up to be, the day is saved ultimately because the hero really wanted it very hard, and it ends with a non-ending pointing to a season 2 i kind of doubt we'll ever see

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

dogsicle posted:

Quite pleased with this news. Just hoping that it gets properly released over here (including the extra episode).

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Gyra_Solune posted:

it was eh. it happened, it had a sort of interesting thing going but the villain wasn't really what they were playing her up to be, the day is saved ultimately because the hero really wanted it very hard, and it ends with a non-ending pointing to a season 2 i kind of doubt we'll ever see

Not seen it yet but I'm not surprised. I wasn't expecting the ending to be anything special since the whole show was just pleasant but fairly meaningless popcorny kind of thing. The CGI and acting were still great, so I'm glad I watched it and will watch a second season if it ever happens.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Luck and Logic remained slight but pleasant to the end, and I liked the clever way they made Over Trancing (the ultra-powerful, ultra-dangerous technique) scary. Basically, you can overclock the fusions with deities that give the cast their superpowers, but since the special mystic power source is your psyche, it'll eventually lead to your personality literally exploding out of your body, and if there's not someone around to catch the shrapnel... well, you won't be as you were.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gyra_Solune posted:

I haven't watched it, but:

https://twitter.com/crunchyroll/status/713951102538899456

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

That's good, I felt there were entirely too many things left unanswered. I enjoyed the first season and I'll watch the second too.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

There's a Patlabor simulwatch starting next week: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770059

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm breaking my self imposed exile from mecha thread to say that you should check out the simul, all of the simul

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Unfortunately, I'm not american and poor. :(

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Darth Walrus posted:

Luck and Logic remained slight but pleasant to the end, and I liked the clever way they made Over Trancing (the ultra-powerful, ultra-dangerous technique) scary. Basically, you can overclock the fusions with deities that give the cast their superpowers, but since the special mystic power source is your psyche, it'll eventually lead to your personality literally exploding out of your body, and if there's not someone around to catch the shrapnel... well, you won't be as you were.

...was luck and logic a robots show????

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Are the KIKU UHF subs of Raideen available online?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Anything from the Zoids franchise worth a watch?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Goddamn do I hate April Fools

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Goddamn do I hate April Fools

Who needs to die for this to be made reality?

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Demicol posted:

Is the Gunbuster movie good? I'm gonna show it to a friend and I'm not sure if we can finish the OVA's in one sitting, is the movie compete garbage or does it condense the story well enough?

They do some cool stuff with the sound design in some of the big action scenes but they cut out too much for me.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 1, 2016

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Darth Walrus posted:

Anything from the Zoids franchise worth a watch?

I only ever saw the two shows that made it state side, and the dubs were awful. They're really hard to find online though, but if you can find the subbed ones they might be worth a watch.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Crunchyroll has Shin Mazinger

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

"Availability Information
Sorry, due to licensing limitations, videos are unavailable in your region."

:(

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The OP for Jinraiger was posted yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0ZKfanPkJs

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

A year ago, yesterday, lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I've always wondered: is the Discotek release of Shin Mazinger the same as the bluray, with the extended scenes, or is it the TV broadcast version? I didn't buy the DVD when it came out because I couldn't find an answer to this

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
If it helps, the Crunchyroll version lists "Discotek Media" as the publisher, and free users can watch some episodes until August 11th. However I only watched episode 11 and my memories are too fuzzy to remember if it's the same as the bluray version.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Daler Mehndi posted:

If it helps, the Crunchyroll version lists "Discotek Media" as the publisher, and free users can watch some episodes until August 11th. However I only watched episode 11 and my memories are too fuzzy to remember if it's the same as the bluray version.

I checked episode 1 and it had the blu-ray differences, since I remember the scene after the introduction being different in the blu-ray.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
wait omg they're doing a new J9 show, with the original staff and all, possibly this year?

heck yesssss

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
That's the one where they had a car that basically mass shifts and transforms with an infinite improbability drive no?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Artum posted:

That's the one where they had a car that basically mass shifts and transforms with an infinite improbability drive no?

That was Braiger, the first J9 show. The second show featured flying motorcycles that also mass shift into a giant robot. The third featured a space train.

I've been slowly making my through Braiger, and I've been enjoying it quite a bit. While it's definitely a formula show, it's a very different formula then most other super robot shows I've seen. I get the feeling that it's very much a genre show, I just don't recognize the genre.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
What is this J9 you speak of and why does it sound so awesome?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

It's a really cool old school show with a super kickass opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRHQjqtojwI

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I really wanted to like Bryger but it would have been a better show without the robot

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Brygar is basically a Lupin-style adventure/mercenary show only they have a giant robot for no real reason.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Yeah

A lot of the robot fights in the eps I saw felt incredibly superfluous and not as well handled as the on-foot action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's barely a robot show. It's mostly about mercenary vigilantes taking on various criminal empires, where the vigilantes win by virtue of being better organized, trained, and equipped. It just so happens that part of being better equipped is having a flying hot rod/giant robot.