Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herbotron
Feb 25, 2013

BigLeafyTree posted:

Press all your buttons and use your W's auto reset (Titanic Hydra is another reset if you have it). Attack moving a little bit makes it easier. That's about it. You don't absolutely need to jump on a squishy. If you can go ape by beating on a tank you're still doing fine so don't do dumb poo poo like hurling yourself suicidally as deep as possible and getting killed.

Thanks fam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

NTT posted:

tahm can get deleted from the game for all i care

- sincerely, a squishy champion player

But he's cool and neat :(

Heehee Hartlocks
Feb 9, 2012

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
actually hes very swampy

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

he needs to cut the memes out

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I tried it but it's hard to deal with Teemo.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Aurelion Sol is surprisingly okay if not very very weird. I think he does even worse than Jhin when someone gets on top of him

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I tried Jungle Fizz and did really well until Jungle Shyvana did really weller and well she's kinda broken right now so when I was 5/1 and she was 9/0 I knew my fun was over.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Servaetes posted:

Aurelion Sol is surprisingly okay if not very very weird. I think he does even worse than Jhin when someone gets on top of him

Chumppells Warlords Bloodlust jungle Aurelion Sol has this problem solved.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Fozzle posted:

What would make Aurelion Sol not garbage? Can he be saved?

Actually I think he's pretty good. I've played him a few times in ranked and had a really good experience. I'm gonna play him more an report back.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah he seems solid to me. Great roams, good CC, respectable combination of burst and sustained damage a la Anivia. With his passive circling stars and ult, he's also less prone to people getting in his face than eg Lux (someone said that he's just as diveable as Jhin which I totally disagree with).

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

The fact that once he levels up q and gets 40% cdr he has a 2 second stun on a 6 second cooldown is stupid imo.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tellaris posted:

The fact that once he levels up q and gets 40% cdr he has a 2 second stun on a 6 second cooldown is stupid imo.

TF has a 2 second stun on a 6 second CD with 0% cdr

edit: and it's attached to an auto attack

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I mean to be fair TF only has a 1 second stun on a 6 second CD with 0% cdr since he doesn't max it until second.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

kingcobweb posted:

Yeah he seems solid to me. Great roams, good CC, respectable combination of burst and sustained damage a la Anivia. With his passive circling stars and ult, he's also less prone to people getting in his face than eg Lux (someone said that he's just as diveable as Jhin which I totally disagree with).

He actually seems like one of Riot's best designed characters to date.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

he needs to cut the memes out

i think you need to get the memes in, to your face

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

TF has a 2 second stun on a 6 second CD with 0% cdr

edit: and it's attached to an auto attack

TF's is also single target, and requires that he successfully locks his yellow card, as opposed to the ever-growing AoE stun that is really hard to juke thanks to the fact it grows, meaning its pretty much requiring a dash or flash of some sort, or all the movespeed in the world.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
memes are garbage

saying the same joke over and over isnt funny

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tellaris posted:

TF's is also single target, and requires that he successfully locks his yellow card, as opposed to the ever-growing AoE stun that is really hard to juke thanks to the fact it grows, meaning its pretty much requiring a dash or flash of some sort, or all the movespeed in the world.

This argument looks a lot worse for "but TF has to be able to lock the gold card." Come on dude.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i like how this memory leak has existed since day 1 and it still hasn't been fixed

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

This argument looks a lot worse for "but TF has to be able to lock the gold card." Come on dude.

People can still flub the yellow card, happens to the best people sometimes. Also the cooldown doesn't take into account card cycling time and doesn't kick in until he throws the card. All I was trying to say here was that a single target stun with a short cooldown that requires a small amount of mechanical skill to trigger is different from an aoe stun on a short cooldown that you just have to point in the right direction.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
On the topic of Illaoi, gave her a try for one game and actually saw two wild ones in ranked in the same week and, boy, does she ever suck.

Here are some changes I feel she needs to unsuck her skillset.

• Tentacles need to slowly attack nearby enemies with their very easy to dodge attack so they aren't just free sources of gold
  • Q should make nearby tentacles attack, reduce the amount of healing gained in exchange for tentacles attacking more often.
  • W becomes a skillshot leap with small AOE damage radius that causes tentacles to slam towards where she aimed
  • E needs it's power shifted to the other skills, right now she goes from awful to okay only if she can land the 1 second windup grab that can't go through minions, voidling from a zz'rot walk in front of you? other guy way better at AOE wave clear? good luck landing it
  • R Needs a larger radius, or a slow attached, or the windup removed, it's like trying to land a 50% size galio ult with a .5 second windup, just awful

Right now, I don't see a reason to ever pick her over Heimerdinger who does area control better, his turrets actually fight back if someone gets close AND their attacks aren't avoidable except for the charge shot so they aren't a totally 100% free source of gold, and he has access to a stun and a mega turret that can melt people, AND they all fire after he dies instead of the tentacles immediately going dormant.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
She needs a stun.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Fozzle posted:

What would make Aurelion Sol not garbage? Can he be saved?

Just play him as support with FQC, sightstone, swifties, and rylais. Win the game.

e; Annie gettin added to the mage update

Kashuno fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Mar 27, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
my teams picks vs the enemy teams picks

somebody kill me please

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
it should be noted that the vayne pick was after malphite and naut were locked in

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Luna Was Here posted:

it should be noted that the vayne pick was after malphite and naut were locked in

Someones got to kill the tanks :shrug:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Seems like getting killed was not a problem there.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
their twitch and tf flashed into melee range of aatrox and he ate them and then we gg pushed and won

~solo queue~

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Luna Was Here posted:

their twitch and tf flashed into melee range of aatrox and he ate them and then we gg pushed and won

~solo queue~

The power of solo queue is real

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Guys solo queue is never coming back stop triggering me

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

my teams picks vs the enemy teams picks

somebody kill me please

i had a game like this but their mid and top built zzrot and my team surrendered at 20 like cowards

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Why don't riot just make it so spellthiefs only gives mana back when a minion dies and you didn't deal the killing blow? Then they can still keep the item strong without mid laners abusing it. Sorry I'm like 5 patches late on this.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Luna Was Here posted:

~solo queue~

Every Aatrox I've played with is an Aatrox savant and probably the worst person ever irl

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Illaoi is really not that bad, she needs some small QoL changes but she's good at the things she does and is only slightly below average on winrate right now. Remember Tahm Kench and Darius's reigns of terror and be careful what you wish for re: buffing tanky champs that do a lot of damage. You probably don't want Illaoi to be good enough to be in every game.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Firebert posted:

Every Aatrox I've played with is an Aatrox savant and probably the worst person ever irl

Agreed. In solo queue I always consider him a "power pick" so to speak because the only people who still play him have like hundreds of games on him.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Chumppells Warlords Bloodlust jungle Aurelion Sol has this problem solved.

Uh... UH. DEATHFIRE TOUCH!!!!!

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
RoA is a bitch buy on a utility mage.

e: ah wrong thread, point still stands though.

Libertine fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Mar 27, 2016

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

I feel like Test of Faith is kind of the lovely part of Illaoi's kit and it needs some work to make it more usable. Right now it creates a target dummy that basically baits your entire team into getting engaged on instead of being an actual threat to the enemy team. The debuff is annoying because it lasts much longer than it needs to but it doesn't actually give Illaoi any benefit for lasting that long. Cut the debuff duration significantly and make it more powerful up front and she'd probably be in a pretty good spot. Also I feel like you shouldn't be able to creep block it because literally every other ghost tentacle can go through minions just fine, and landing it right now is too hard for the benefit it gives.

Also I've heard that the target dummy gets doubled resistances which is why it's literally impossible to kill it if you accidentally pull a tank's soul. That thing should be pretty easy to kill regardless of who you pull, and right now if you didn't get a carry you might as well just ignore it. That's kinda bad.

Giving her a stun really isn't necessary, cleaning up her E and making it feel good would be fine.

Peakay
Jun 29, 2013

Stealthy Simian of Trickery
http://plays.tv/s/KjVacHC9_91y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stump collector
May 28, 2007
nice

• Locked thread