Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Working 9-5!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

He's just gotta take the train to get to his janitorial job. He gets paid in trash.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

To be fair, Vancouver too

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bunnyofdoom posted:

To be fair, Vancouver too

I'm pretty sure that guys getting car jacked. Bus jacked?

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Looks like they're trying to pass off some expired transfers that they found in the trash

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
You don't get it. They're evolving.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Yeah, really. In a thousand generations, we might start seeing some opposable thumbs.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Yeah, really. In a thousand generations, we might start seeing some opposable thumbs.

Look at how beautiful my thumbs are already though

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

You joke, but some people think that the challenges present in urban living are genuinely applying selective pressure in the direction of smarter and more social raccoons. Already, raccoons caught in the city seem to be smarter than their rural cousins.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

7c Nickel posted:

You joke, but some people think that the challenges present in urban living are genuinely applying selective pressure in the direction of smarter and more social raccoons. Already, raccoons caught in the city seem to be smarter than their rural cousins.

Much like humans.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

Wheany posted:

Much like humans.

Back swamp cousins. We only see each other at funerals, or weddings. Sometimes both.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

BetterLekNextTime posted:

Looks like they're trying to pass off some expired transfers that they found in the trash

DOES THIS BUS GO BY THE LANDFILL?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Stray dogs in moscow use the metro to get around, but how the hell would an obviously wild animal sneak onto a bus? They're probably just begging from the people getting off.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Doc Hawkins posted:

Stray dogs in moscow use the metro to get around, but how the hell would an obviously wild animal sneak onto a bus? They're probably just begging from the people getting off.

I'm going to use the adoraccam's razor here and say that they just gotta take the bus to get to their janitorial jobs. They get paid in trash.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Didn't a large bunch feral of dogs in Moscow learn how to use the underground rail system?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHSHeMjY9J8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxJf2L2B5fY

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

https://doowansnewsandevents.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/raccoon-medicine/

????????????????????????????????????

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

very informative, add to OP

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Yes, please to add to OP

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

A link or the whole text because it's like reading a raccoon-flavored stroke

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

It's really up to you

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

OK done

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Doc Hawkins posted:

So do coyotes. They've been observed taking the same route, getting off at the same stops. They literally commute.

Blue Footed Booby has a new favorite as of 21:29 on Mar 19, 2016

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

im very glad you adopted a relaxed attitude and opened yourself up to the joy, curiosity and open-ended exploration of life.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

RACCOON BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACCOON

YEAH

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

goose fleet posted:

RACCOON BIRTHDAY

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RACCOON

YEAH

I wish I hadn't been sitting down when I saw this because I would have appreciated being able to take a break from a) Raccoon birthday and b) HE IS SEVEN :kimchi:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Blue Footed Booby posted:

So do coyotes. They've been observed taking the same route, getting off at the same stops. They literally commute.

There's even a song about the time it happened in Portland, OR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI1o39Oxh-w

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

El Estrago Bonito posted:

There's even a song about the time it happened in Portland, OR: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vI1o39Oxh-w

There's a more recent modest mouse song about it called coyotes. The video is adorable

http://youtu.be/UW5Or7bIVJk

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Happy Easter, raccoon thread! (All pictures from here )

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

cyberia posted:

EEEEEEEEEEE

"Game camera captures a raccoon party underneath malfunctioning deer feeder"

I'm bringing back "I loving LOVE MILK" because I feel like it's been a while

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

cash crab posted:

Look at how beautiful my thumbs are already though

It's like he's being sworn in at raccoon court :3: "Do you swear to eat the trash, the rubbish, and nothing but refuse, so help you God?"

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

cyberia posted:

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

I like the majority of the pictures posted here but, to me, the Melanie Raccoon ones give off a creepy "circus animal" vibe. They aren't cute, they are grotesque.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I'm leaning towards that myself these days although I don't know enough about the situation so I just don't post them

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

:perfect:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

This is not what I ordered but I refuse to return it

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

cash crab posted:

This is not what I ordered but I refuse to return it
You might want to check the Amazon reviews first. Might have to send it back for a full refund.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

xcheopis posted:

I like the majority of the pictures posted here but, to me, the Melanie Raccoon ones give off a creepy "circus animal" vibe. They aren't cute, they are grotesque.

The owner's Instagram account gives some context. The lady owns three raccoons who were surrendered to her. She takes good care of them and posts a lot of pictures of them playing with each other or hanging out. I think the tricks she makes them do are an intelligence outlet for them to keep them from being destructive.
Like, she seems a little kooky, but she's also a lady with three raccoons as pets so what can you expect?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015