Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Contingency
Jun 2, 2007

MURDERER
Somebody that isn't banned, ask if enough people add $0.09, the planet will be named Peruggia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Madcosby posted:

clicking on <message deleted> is like opening a christmas gift with a joke in it

This is the truest thing

lasethewave: I want to get people interested in this but all my friends tell me they don't have a trace of interest in boardgames.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Madcosby posted:

genius

lasethewave: I want to get people interested in this but all my friends tell me they don't have a trace of interest in boardgames.

And I'm banned for that. I laughed for about thirty seconds when the notification came through.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Kramjacks posted:

So whats' Clifford's actual connection to Star Traders? Just a big money backer who they are inclined to indulge?

he's a whale

also he has spent a lot of money on a f2p game

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

They are also answering questions via this link: http://bit.ly/1XTsnfk

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

I am being retarded what was the game mode that was cancelled/integrated

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

AHAHA HE ACTUALLY TOOK AN ART QUESTION

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Beet Wagon posted:

I'M ONLY TRYING TO HELP

From what I can tell, it's $60 a pop for an enhanced license; $10 if you don't need as many runs, and that's before you get into bulk licensing that makes both options even cheaper. So instead of paying $48k to lawyered-up copyright owners as the Kickstarter comment section suggests, they could have licensed 800 enhanced or 4,800 standard images.

Gud jerb there guize. :D

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Mr.Tophat posted:

I am being retarded what was the game mode that was cancelled/integrated

Star Marine?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

Good lord, why would you answer an art question now?

Also, he just said the new art will be "acceptable". Unlike...?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

oh my god that steal question

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Beet Wagon posted:

AHAHA HE ACTUALLY TOOK AN ART QUESTION

Yeah if anyone missed it he basically said they're going to redo it so it's "appropriate" or something like that. :shrug:

Natron posted:

Good lord, why would you answer an art question now?

Also, he just said the new art will be "acceptable". Unlike...?

Oh it was "acceptable" wasn't it, my mistake.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Question that was read off: "Why would I trade with anyone when I could just steal?" He didn't pick up on that one.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
the only way to steal is with a red deck or just hire ryan archer

im all banned up on twitch please post

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

oh my god that steal question

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
Who got him answering that 'Stealing' question?

I don't think he caught it.

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
He answered my loving stealing question! I can't believe it. :vince:

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Kramjacks posted:

Star Marine?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Never heard of it before

:allears:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Wrecked Angle posted:

lmao

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Wrecked Angle posted:

Wait gently caress I missed this I MISSED IT

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Two people just walked away from the game. Look very engaging.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

totally original work, do not steal

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

Actually someone put up a pretty decent post on reddit over here

https://www.reddit.com/r/boardgames/comments/4c59bx/startraders_board_game_uses_stolen_artwork_to/

which seems to only have about half the pictures, but it's a decent jumping off point.

that would have been me....yeah i was a little lazy but i am sick and in bed typing with on screen keyboard :cry:
i also fell asleep, what did i miss?

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

MilesK posted:

This loving thread holy lol

Please please I want to hear that question being answered, someone must have it please I beg you

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MilesK posted:

lmao

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mr.Tophat posted:

This loving thread holy lol

Please please I want to hear that question being answered, someone must have it please I beg you

https://www.twitch.tv/clifford_aka_miku/v/57025294

51m20s

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Risc1911 posted:

that would have been me....yeah i was a little lazy but i am sick and in bed typing with on screen keyboard :cry:
i also fell asleep, what did i miss?

Thank you for your post. I put up another one over here: https://www.reddit.com/r/quityourbullshit/comments/4c6spp/boardgame_maker_gets_caught_stealing_art_doubles/

Those dudes love catching art thieves. Hopefully it gains some traction.

Tippis posted:

From what I can tell, it's $60 a pop for an enhanced license; $10 if you don't need as many runs, and that's before you get into bulk licensing that makes both options even cheaper. So instead of paying $48k to lawyered-up copyright owners as the Kickstarter comment section suggests, they could have licensed 800 enhanced or 4,800 standard images.

Gud jerb there guize. :D

I'm pretty sure my girlfriend has some kind of high-volume Shutterstock account. I bet she'd be willing to share her login info with them if they asked nicely.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
:laffo: which of you linked that in the chat??

Natron
Aug 5, 2004

MilesK posted:

Uh, this is clearly my drawing you loving HACK. I can prove it, too. Look at my totally original pencil drawing from before it was finished.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

MilesK posted:

awesome

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

mr_jolly posted:

Probably gonna get shouted at but I feel bad for David Ladyman, he seems like a legit guy who's been screwed over by a few lovely people.
Same.

He's truly old school -- I'd imagine the Steve Jackson games / Origin tenures (among others) made him a witness to some really interesting history. He's modest, mild-mannered, and apparently well-regarded by peers. I personally hope he succeeds with this, in spite of the IP ripoff stuff Archer did. Particularly if Austin is paring further down and Ladyman is losing a lifeline (a theory not proven). It's hard to be an older guy in the Gaming Industry-- unless your resume is scary awesome or you had some huge former success (like Chris and Garriott). Ladyman appears to have been dependable for decades and helped literally millions of people better understand the ins and outs of a metric crapton of computer games with his game guides and manuals.

And as much as it surprises me to say this, it seems like Chris & Ben were really trying to do right by the old gent by using ample marketing resources to plug his project.

All of this isn't meant to excuse the IP appropriation. I wish for Ladyman's sake it hadn't happened. It's really too bad Chris Roberts didn't hook Ladyman up with a real concept artist for this because all of this crap could've been avoided and the finished product wouldn't end up with some absurd cardboard bobble-head Sandi smirking insufferably in the middle of it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost
sisyfussy: hello is there a pink elephant here

Come on Eonwe, they will find your secret identity in no time if you continue like this. Didn't you read Derek's secret guide how to disguise yourself?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gipskrampf posted:

sisyfussy: hello is there a pink elephant here

Come on Eonwe, they will find your secret identity in no time if you continue like this. Didn't you read Derek's secret guide how to disguise yourself?

lol

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Hello Ben.

Countdown to mentioning Wing Commander.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty sure Ben is not capable of starting any conversation without saying 'Wing Commander'

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Dusty Lens posted:

Hello Ben.

Countdown to mentioning Wing Commander.

and time

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Fudge.

Well.

Countdown to Ben firing up his cellphone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
... and Ben's already on his phone.

• Locked thread