Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Dias posted:

Counter-point, have you seen how into 90s poo poo those guys are? 90s Spiderman is the most 90s! Peter Parker is cool and hot and even broody! There are SPIDER ROBOTS!

Big gently caress-off spider robots that later stack onto each other for more power! Yeah, that's pretty 90s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also, I think the guys are more into Marvel poo poo than DC overall, I grew up with both options and I watched a lot more 90s Spidey and X-Men than I did BTAS, even though that one is the best series overall. I just liked those characters better.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Marvel has a stronger variety of characters who each can carry an audience. Batman by himself is so strong he literally carries DC solely on his shoulders. Without him, DC would've died a long time ago.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Also if you weren't watching NBA 2k16 you should probably watch the last episode anyway because what the gently caress.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

TriffTshngo posted:

Moderately related to Best Friends stuff, Mother's Basement put out an OP analysis of Sword Art Online. It's really good and ever since they recommended his JoJo videos on the Friendcast I've been a fan of the professional shitbag known as Geoff Thew

Still waiting on the "Wierdmageddon" variant Gravity Falls "What's in an OP" off of him.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

There's a picture in my post history in this thread of my flcl blu ray but I'm not gonna look for it

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bit late but Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf is the best one for various reasons

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Al-Saqr posted:

Marvel has a stronger variety of characters who each can carry an audience. Batman by himself is so strong he literally carries DC solely on his shoulders. Without him, DC would've died a long time ago.

DC stands for Detective Comics, which was what Batman ran under originally

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Al-Saqr posted:

Nah. It comes and goes in waves. Both companies have had long swaths of their history where characters were thrown by the wayside, huge editorial edicts were passed down or characters were just used poorly (For instance the actual comic Civil War was god loving awful) Both stables have great variety of characters available to them it's just whether anyone uses them that's the problem and if they're used right. Lately with Johns around that hasn't been DC's 'thing'.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
The thing is while DC still does good things as often as bad they've still been playing catch-up to Marvel creatively and financially since 1962, a concept fully embodied in Batman V Superman's aim at going from zero to 100 on having a cinematic universe in one movie.

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it has a flop-sweaty feel of desperation to it.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Just finished Jojo's Part 3, little bummed I was spoiled on Dio's stand ages ago, but was rad to see it in action, and to finally get the actual context of that steamroller thing, and all the "stopped time" jokes the Zaibatsu makes.

Have best friends ever referenced "OH! That's a baseball"? Because that's some fantastic (intentional?) engrish.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Oxyclean posted:

Just finished Jojo's Part 3, little bummed I was spoiled on Dio's stand ages ago, but was rad to see it in action, and to finally get the actual context of that steamroller thing, and all the "stopped time" jokes the Zaibatsu makes.

Have best friends ever referenced "OH! That's a baseball"? Because that's some fantastic (intentional?) engrish.

TieTuesday does constantly

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Oxyclean posted:

They did in the Maximum Impact 2 video they did for Scrublords

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In one podcast episode they also confessed wanting to spend obscene amounts of money on an "Oh, That's a Baseball!" game/kickstarter if one ever existed.

EDIT: I think they also referenced it that time they played Ninja Baseball Batmen too

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So in Star Fox 0 if you tap a Falco Amiibo you unlock the black arwing which has 1/2 health but deals 2x damage

Ace Pilot I guess.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Angry_Ed posted:

In one podcast episode they also confessed wanting to spend obscene amounts of money on an "Oh, That's a Baseball!" game/kickstarter if one ever existed.

EDIT: I think they also referenced it that time they played Ninja Baseball Batmen too

Yeah Liam's usually the one who says it, complete with trying to make his voice sound like a low quality sound clip

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

some pro quality deus ex play today

doos
Jan 1, 2015

I think I remember Pat yelling "JAGGERS!" a lot.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So in Star Fox 0 if you tap a Falco Amiibo you unlock the black arwing which has 1/2 health but deals 2x damage

Ace Pilot I guess.

I need a Falco amiibo. gently caress me that sounds awesome.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpw9ECgPro&feature=youtu.be

:staredog: man, the Zaibatsu gets better animation than [Liam's favorite anime this season]

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Goddamn that is a sweet intro, and about goddamn time.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Holy poo poo that's probably the best intro thing they've ever had

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

That intro/teaser is incredible.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I see your Punisher and raise you this person's fan created intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=759TdcrU5Q4

(No but for real that Punisher Intro is super impressive)

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJpw9ECgPro&feature=youtu.be

:staredog: man, the Zaibatsu gets better animation than [Liam's favorite anime this season]

Oxyclean posted:

These are both great, as is the top rated comment on the Punisher video.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

Such a rich tapestry.

Punisher video is super hype, these LPs intros get better and better.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Punisher intro is strong, I'm hype and I don't even care for superhero stories.

CaptainFish
Mar 31, 2011

It's Psy-Crow my mortal Enemy! I swear my soily vengeance upon him and his fowl ilk!
Is it gonna be the PS2 Punisher game? (Probably the xbox version, but that era I mean) I really loved that one. A Volition banger.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
PC version of it with the uncensored gore patch and mostly working widescreen patch probably.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Obviously it's the NES game by Ljn.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Obviously it's the NES game by Ljn.

Nah it's going to to be the Game Boy game from Acclaim featuring A Special Appearance by Spider-Man

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Oh god no. They get to complain about Man of steel again.

They really don't like that some people died in order to save the entire world. I mean the film wasn't perfect. It was average. But gently caress their complaints are ridiculous.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Mar 29, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

They really don't like that some people died in order to save the entire world. I mean the film wasn't perfect. It was average. But gently caress their complaints are ridiculous.

Please don't start a man of steel discussion argument in this thread.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Mar 29, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man of steel is trash garbage and it doesn't surprise me that cined loves it

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Regarde Aduck posted:

In any other movie, I'd be inclined to agree, but Man of Steel is the antithesis of what Superman is. The movie totally making GBS threads all over Superman's backstory and core character is a valid complaint.

Andrast posted:

Please don't start a man of steel discussion argument in this thread.

This thread has had like, five shittier tangents this month.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
All the hate for Man of Steel can be explained by it adopting a working-class perspective on the mythos, which nerds find alienating.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Mar 29, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
This is why we don't talk about Man of Steel. Got it, everyone?

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Dias posted:

This is why we don't talk about Man of Steel. Got it, everyone?

Agreed, we should talk about something else.

Guys, have you ever noticed how in Force Awakens Rey is too perfect and cool and instantly adored by everyone?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Those drat feminists are ruining Ghostbusters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PiedPiper posted:

Agreed, we should talk about something else.

Guys, have you ever noticed how in Force Awakens Rey is too perfect and cool and instantly adored by everyone?

I'll punch you in the dick.

Next Super Best Friends Drift is a cool little game and Woolie's wet dream.