Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stinch
Nov 21, 2013

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Miku, when you understand art, you can talk about art. Until then, shut your translucent-lit loving flesh face and pretend your life isn't a failure being broadcast to less people than an indie pop concert on a Thursday night.

He understands art, he has studied thousands of cartoon drawings of young japanese girls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I am watching a livestream of grandma and the kids playing a game at the kitchen table while grandpa stands off camera and says aloud what everyone is doing while asking questions about what they are doing.

And while all this is happening, a future serial killer watches with dead eyes and a "y'all accent".

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if I win a ship could I sell it

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I am watching a livestream of grandma and the kids playing a game at the kitchen table while grandpa stands off camera and says aloud what everyone is doing while asking questions about what they are doing.

And while all this is happening, a future serial killer watches with dead eyes and a "y'all accent".

I want to send a link to Tim Berners-Lee and a note that just says "Look at what you've done."

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Happy Sisyphus posted:

sorry its the cherryblossoms im booked up for a few weeks

Those loving own and everybody should see them.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

clifford is at 37k lol

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

"I'm not the biggest"

I'm sure you've had to say that a lot in your life Miku

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Eonwe posted:

if I win a ship could I sell it

No, gifts are account-bound. You could, however, melt the ship for credit, use new money to buy a ship (this being an ungifted ship, is now tradeable) & use the credit to buy a CCU to upgrade the cheap ship you bought. The CCU would be account-bound as it was bought with credit, but the upgraded ship would retain the tradeable status & therefore grey-marketable.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

I want to send a link to Tim Berners-Lee and a note that just says "Look at what you've done."

The man had good intentions. But the world is a sick, decaying place. How could he know his invention would become a frankenstein monster that allows filth like this an audience?

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Daztek posted:

clifford is at 37k lol

And $600 in Star Traders

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I'm clearly not a gamer, because spending that much on one game is insane. I don't think I have spent anywhere near that on games in the last 25 years combined

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Can't wait for the 10 year "where are they now" reunion.

Yeah, that dork Samizdata is STILL shitposting lame jokes...

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Samizdata posted:

Yeah, that dork Samizdata is STILL shitposting lame jokes...

Hey friend, don't be so hard on yourself. We will all be still shitposting lame jokes.

"Human of much sort". Is grandpa having a stroke?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

yess, another of my questions

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Atreiden posted:

I'm clearly not a gamer, because spending that much on one game is insane. I don't think I have spent anywhere near that on games in the last 25 years combined

dont worry, clifford hasnt spent that much on a game either

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I asked if there was a Stealth-y focused personality

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

G0RF posted:

I agree.

It sounds like he did update / revise / expand the ruleset.

I feel a bit bad for Ladyman, too. So far as I can tell, the incorporation of Sandi/Chris/Garriott rip-off art was a gambit to pull extra Citizen dollars. (IP theft is wrong so no excuses there-- shame on Archer for that.) I imagine Ladyman would've been just as happy to launch the updated game without any tie-ins if he could fund it.

CIG has been pushing this thing heavily-- heavily-- and it's been conspicuous from day one. I suspect this is 'good guy' Chris trying to do right by an old fellow who has done a hefty amount of work for him over the decades. I assume this might be a sign of further wind-downs going on in Austin, ones that impact a remaining member of the "Good Old Days" club that used to include many more guys like Wingman, etc.

The irony is-- Ladyman has a finished game. People can play it together and apparently have fun. It has an economy, rule-set, it's been play tested and people can actually hope to play it if it gets funded to the comparatively modest sum of $50k.

In the grand scheme, this IP ripoff is a cock-up -- it was stupid to do and inexcusable. But take those elements away, there's still a Space Game. But compared to CIG's misdeeds, and Star Citizen's shortcomings, this is a pretty trivial affair. I'd rather Ladyman succeed than Chris at this point for sure.

And Ladyman doesn't gently caress it all up, as a previous/current member of the Crobbers Cabal(please see The Doom That Came To Atlantic City [more info here]). I don't know Ladyman from Adam, but this poo poo is easy to gently caress up.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Also, if anyone is wondering why I haven't been keeping up with the thread it's because I've spent the last three weekends volunteering for FIRST robotics in the Chesapeake District. If you haven't had a chance to check that program out you really should, it's a world-wide program for STEM outreach that's both exciting to watch and a lot of fun to be involved in.
You have been missed Beer but that looks like a legit cool program. Is your team in competition? Or are you on staff coordinating the events?

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Those loving own and everybody should see them.

yes and importantly remember that these trees were given to us by :japan:

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
'if its just based on skill, often the most skillful player will win'

brilliant

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

runsamok posted:

No, gifts are account-bound. You could, however, melt the ship for credit, use new money to buy a ship (this being an ungifted ship, is now tradeable) & use the credit to buy a CCU to upgrade the cheap ship you bought. The CCU would be account-bound as it was bought with credit, but the upgraded ship would retain the tradeable status & therefore grey-marketable.

If a ship is account bound, does that mean you must have a paid account? Twitch rules, and federal law require that no purchase is necessary. Somebody should probably let them know.

http://www.ennsandarcher.com/s_basics.html

quote:

All sweepstakes and chance promotions must have a set of official rules. The official rules constitute the contract between the sponsor and the consumers participating in the promotion. For a national sweepstakes, the official rules must contain at least the following disclosures:

No purchase necessary.
The alternative method of free participation.
Complete name and address of the sponsor and promoter of the contest.
Number of prizes, the accurate description of each prize, the retail value of each prize, and the odds of winning each type of prize. (In many cases the odds will depend on the number of eligible entries received, however, if a particular number of entry forms, direct mail pieces, or similar items will be distributed, the odds should be stated according to that number.)
Geographic area of the sweepstakes and/or who is eligible to participate in the sweepstakes.
Opening date and scheduled termination date of the sweepstakes.
Whether all prizes offered will be awarded, and how the prizes will be awarded.
Manner of selection of winners, and when a determination of winners will be made.
Where and when a list of winners can be obtained.

Considering some of those ships are supposedly worth hundreds and hundreds of dollars, this isn't like a $5 or $10 charity raffle, somebody should let them know. And also let Twitch know that they may be running an illegal chance promotion.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery

Atreiden posted:

You haven't. Consider, if you lived for 70 years and spent that money evenly every year of your life from birth to death on video games you will have spent $535 per year on video games.

Every year for 20 years is $1,874 per year. That's a new computer (est. $1200 'cause why not) plus maybe a dozen or so games each year. Each year.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Grandma and grandpa are the real promotors/streamers in all of this.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

"Can the game end in a tie, or do you have to fight a pilot's duel in space"

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Why the gently caress does Miku keep loving interrupting grandpa to say who has won the goddamn giveaway. Let the man, the creator of this trash, finish his goddamn sentence before your awful bro-southern accent fills the airways again. He is the guest, treat him a little better than your anime dolls

Risc1911
Mar 1, 2016

LowellDND posted:

Oh, neat :D Would a GP100 be better than two SLI Titans? Ballpark on the price? (Ive seen a few things suggesting 800-1000)

The new Pascal is supposedly 10x faster than current Maxwell and on 16nm (grain of salt). I would expect it to beat the Titan by 10-20% in terms of FPS. Even more in very high resolutions due to the new memory architecture. Price ranges are hard to predict though. If you are not in a hurry to upgrade you should wait. I got a "cheap" 970 for now but will up to GP100 end of the year.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Tippis posted:

Grandma and grandpa are the real promotors/streamers in all of this.

I would legit pretend to say on the internet that I would watch grandma stream herself playing games with her grandkids while grandpa talks about what they are doing like a low-rent documentary voiceover.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
It's been over a month and ~10k posts since I"ve checked in and this game hasn't crashed and burned yet (welp, any further). What gives?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Caught up after a late night;

This stolen art work is a glorious find goons, I am proud.

And we all know some SC backer will push this lovely board game over the line at the last minute.

They're literally lined up in the stream chat right now, if you add .10 to your pledge it shows you also supported SC

gently caress this stream is a who's-who of broken internet retards,

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Eonwe posted:

id play it if it weren't affiliated with star citizen or theft

Have we started calling it Star Traitors yet?

I wouldn't know because you people are posting so much so I'm living in the past.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

Pirate personalities steal???

Ryan Archer confirmed to be the figure on the pirate card. He will copy/paste use a made-up Japanese form of copy-paste to put a buff Jamie Foxx body onto his head.

Lonkface
Jan 22, 2016

All that glitters is not gold.

Atreiden posted:

I might have spent maybe third of it if I count in all the computers I've put together AND all the games I've bought in past 15 years.. and I'm sitting on 200+ titles on Steam :(

Clearly I don't understand anything about gaming.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Why the gently caress does Miku keep loving interrupting grandpa to say who has won the goddamn giveaway. Let the man, the creator of this trash, finish his goddamn sentence before your awful bro-southern accent fills the airways again. He is the guest, treat him a little better than your anime dolls

Alternatively spice up the stream a little by treating him exactly like your anime dolls.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Reported them for giving away prizes requiring paid accounts. lol

Let's see if anything happens from it.

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

god bless you brave soldiers o9

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, thanks to the ships Ben graciously donated (poor Ben, now he will have to buy them again) this thing is guaranteed to hit 50k.

That stream is really dull and Miku must be constantly giving away stuff because he's really bad at this twitch thing.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Chalks posted:

My favourite part of this whole art theft thing is that they stole pictures of planets and starscapes despite the fact that generating them in photoshop is loving trivial.

It also makes it seem like there is not too cozy a relationship between them and CIG, seeing as there's plenty of jpeg planets and poo poo they could be using from that...

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

This thing is tainted now and the worst that can happen is it getting funded

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Thoatse posted:

Have we started calling it Star Traitors yet?

I wouldn't know because you people are posting so much so I'm living in the past.

good

• Locked thread