Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Ainsley McTree posted:

I feel like even just spamming heavy shot would do more DPS than that. I'd love to see exactly what that guy was doing.

I feel like spamming windbite every gcd would do more damage than that, even completely ignoring bloodletter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

having completely broken gear does magic things to your DPS

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
it certainly makes bio-arithmetics interesting

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
It's nice that they released 3.25 right before you had the opportunity to buy your i230 weapon to see if you want to do your anima grind or hold off and spend your lore elsewhere.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

I ground through the entire zodiac questline for this. You don't understand how much I wanted this kettle.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

seiferguy posted:

It's nice that they released 3.25 right before you had the opportunity to buy your i230 weapon to see if you want to do your anima grind or hold off and spend your lore elsewhere.

Yeah, as Bard I'm glad I'm getting the option of upgrading Gandiva before blowing the Lore on that awful bow.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Lore gear looks really pretty, but the weekly cap on it and relatively small amounts you get from stuff lets me know that it's very far off in the distance. Do they come up with new tomes and invalidate the old ones in every big update?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

SonicRulez posted:

Lore gear looks really pretty, but the weekly cap on it and relatively small amounts you get from stuff lets me know that it's very far off in the distance. Do they come up with new tomes and invalidate the old ones in every big update?

Every even patch introduces a new tomestone, and uncaps the previous high end one.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Is there a quick recap of what has been happening since (and including) patch 3.2? I stopped playing just before the patch came out and there's all kinds of weird things in the dungeon finder for example.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Mar 27, 2016

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

I ground through the entire zodiac questline for this. You don't understand how much I wanted this kettle.

What in the sam hell is this

Also, :shittydog:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The greatest kettle ever. It can boil water in seconds.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

It's Gerolt's ultimate kettle, using the knowledge he and Jalzahn gained from creating the Zodiac. There's also a weapon version for Monks.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
fistikettles are the best thing

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Man, one thing this game does way better than GW2 is the equipment skins. I was wearing the Iron Scale gear, and I honestly would have happily worn that on any of my max-level heavy armor GW2 characters. And it's the level 23 armor set! I wasn't even halfway to max level! And even better, it doesn't clash with my catboy -- I usually played Charr, who always looked horrible because the armor textures were designed for humans and stretched to fit Charr characters. The tail clipping isn't really noticeable, and every helmet accommodates his ears. Awesome.

Ciaphas posted:

That is a leather (cat)man.

I like his hat, which skin is that?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
GW2 has a way better dye system, though.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Solumin posted:

That is a leather (cat)man.

I like his hat, which skin is that?
Someone appreciates the hunky cat! The hat is the postmoogle cap, you get it for finishing the postmoogle questline, which you should do because it is Really Good. You learn a lot about otherwise unimportant NPCs and it's neat. There is also one about Hunberct Longhaft that is an absurdly extended series of dick jokes and it's incredible.

Kettle fists!

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Someone appreciates the hunky cat!
Indeed ;)

quote:

The hat is the postmoogle cap, you get it for finishing the postmoogle questline, which you should do because it is Really Good. You learn a lot about otherwise unimportant NPCs and it's neat. There is also one about Hunberct Longhaft that is an absurdly extended series of dick jokes and it's incredible.

I'll have to check those out! Looks like they're both level 50 quests, so unfortunately they'll have to wait for now. Thanks!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
cat guys are the best

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Someone appreciates the hunky cat! The hat is the postmoogle cap, you get it for finishing the postmoogle questline, which you should do because it is Really Good. You learn a lot about otherwise unimportant NPCs and it's neat. There is also one about Hunberct Longhaft that is an absurdly extended series of dick jokes and it's incredible.
Fair warning: While I agree with you on the dick joke quest, a lot of people didn't like a quest that was literally nothing but dick jokes. It's very polarizing.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Fair warning: While I agree with you on the dick joke quest, a lot of people didn't like a quest that was literally nothing but dick jokes. It's very polarizing.

The quest is better for being that way - i think it would have been uncomfortable if it became serious at any point :unsmith:

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
what about the butt guy in the snowy zone (tired and forgetting names)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

killstealing posted:

what about the butt guy in the snowy zone (tired and forgetting names)

Alaimbert of the Spiked Butt is a national treasure.

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Kettle fists!

That questline is a whole bunch of hilarious and amazing stuff and also one quest that's unbearably sad.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

seiferguy posted:

No kidding. The warrior axe is SS/parry. I'd much rather grind out a relic than have to buy that hot garbage.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

kafziel posted:

That questline is a whole bunch of hilarious and amazing stuff and also one quest that's unbearably sad.
I know exactly which one you mean. :cry: I kept expecting it to have a sequel where you make things right, but...

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

kojei posted:

Accuracy requirements go up with every patch to gate content, healing gear generally has no accuracy on it.

2 + 2 = healers missing a lot

Your av is really cute. :3

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.
I'm just happy they actually put ss and crit on the BLM staff for once.
Can't say I'm as happy about the lore gear.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

PhilippAchtel posted:

Your av is really cute. :3

Thanks, friend.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Which goon guilds are still active? My boyfriend and I are interested in playing together, but we're both new to the game.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Elderbean posted:

Which goon guilds are still active? My boyfriend and I are interested in playing together, but we're both new to the game.
All three are. They're all not quite full but still hovering around 500 people, I believe.

Unrelated question: Every time I restart my computer without closing ACT first it crashes until I go into its config and set FormActMain to "Normal" from "Minimized". Is there some way to automate that process? Even a .bat file that edits the .config file or whatever would be fine. I'm just lazy :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

DACK FAYDEN posted:

All three are. They're all not quite full but still hovering around 500 people, I believe.

A fact which continually amazes me this far into an MMOs lifespan (granted they wax and wane with patches but still)

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

A fact which continually amazes me this far into an MMOs lifespan (granted they wax and wane with patches but still)

It's amazing what a fairly regular update schedule and generally interesting content will do for player retention. The convenience of not having to create separate characters to try new jobs or fill holes in groups is also pretty key.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Let's talk about The Warriors of Darkness. Cool concept. I like that it's the guys from the Super Graphics cutscenes that we get at the title screen. The cutscene that introduces them is super frustrating though. It's frustrating because I understand why it went the way it did. I understand why all of these cutscenes go the way they do. The unfortunate bit is that the PC can never do anything resembling being useful in a cutscene, because of all of the different animations they'd have to shoot for. It wouldn't work. But man, I wanted to see the WoL throw down with the tank WoD pretty bad, not watch Bat-Thancred roll in and do it for us.

Dastardly
Jun 14, 2011

Fresh outta hecks.

SonicRulez posted:

Let's talk about-

What don't you like about robotically nodding at everything?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

Let's talk about The Warriors of Darkness. Cool concept. I like that it's the guys from the Super Graphics cutscenes that we get at the title screen. The cutscene that introduces them is super frustrating though. It's frustrating because I understand why it went the way it did. I understand why all of these cutscenes go the way they do. The unfortunate bit is that the PC can never do anything resembling being useful in a cutscene, because of all of the different animations they'd have to shoot for. It wouldn't work. But man, I wanted to see the WoL throw down with the tank WoD pretty bad, not watch Bat-Thancred roll in and do it for us.

That's literally what a solo duty is, though.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Dastardly posted:

What don't you like about robotically nodding at everything?

Hey, that's not all you do.

Sometimes you wave your arms, flap your mouth hole open and closed, and then everybody pretends they understand you because nobody wants to contradict the literal murderhobo that has single handedly cut a bloody swath through Eorzea and has barely even been slowed down by Garlean generals, ancient super weapons, gods, and several motherfucking elder dragons.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

One of these days I want to see an MMO that lets my murderhobo actually look like a murderhobo

Scraggly long beard, weird death-stare eyes, scoliosis, and a bit of wood with a nail in it

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
You can get pretty close to that look if you're willing to go paladin

no scoliosis though

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Ciaphas posted:

One of these days I want to see an MMO that lets my murderhobo actually look like a murderhobo

Scraggly long beard, weird death-stare eyes, scoliosis, and a bit of wood with a nail in it

Secret World?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Hivac posted:

GW2 has a way better dye system, though.

This game really needs to steal GW2's dye system. Hell, simply allowing multiple dye spots on a single outfit would be a massive improvement

Fister Roboto posted:

No kidding. The warrior axe is SS/parry. I'd much rather grind out a relic than have to buy that hot garbage.

What about SCH's, which dumps your critical for determination? At least they didn't exchange it for spell speed for a change....

Ciaphas posted:

Isn't there a class like that on Age of Wushu?

• Locked thread