Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

its more like signing up for a chesse of the month club, btu the mature cheeses havent ripened and matured yet so u get the smaller, younger cheeses first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Stux posted:

it was bad then it was good and its still good, its just not giving away the same types of titles on a 2 year old console as it was on a 7 year old console to the surprise of everyone somehwoe.

My point still stands: more mega drive games!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm actually curious why they wouldn't do more classics. Like give away the first game in a series for the PSX or PS2 for free with the idea that people will buy the sequels. Or something

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

In Training posted:

I'm actually curious why they wouldn't do more classics. Like give away the first game in a series for the PSX or PS2 for free with the idea that people will buy the sequels. Or something

i agree and would like that but the reason is v obvious when peopele already get apocalyptic with rage over indies

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I only renewed my PS+ so I could play Dark Souls 3 'cause I knew I was gonna want to play that poo poo online. So long as titles keep urging me online, I have no choice but to pay for the service. Them's the breaks. But I'd not be nearly as keen to renew my Plus subscription as I would have been this time last year.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken
remember when that goon started his own mystery bundle package for mega moolah and said people would win TV's or some poo poo and it turned out to be a bunch of dollar store tat and poo poo he had lying around his house? thats ps+

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yoya posted:

remember when that goon started his own mystery bundle package for mega moolah and said people would win TV's or some poo poo and it turned out to be a bunch of dollar store tat and poo poo he had lying around his house? thats ps+

agreed, sony saying u'll get games of a certain quality and then delivering is identeical to a scam. good point well made

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

if corporations do it its not a scam. god bless capitalism

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

how is ps+ a scam?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

how is ps+ a scam?

by the letter of the law it isn't, which is why so many people on neogaf, etc will defend it to death. like those reddit posts after every police brutality case saying that they respect and appreciate the cops

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Real hurthling! posted:

how is ps+ a scam?

Because getting 2 games for 2 bucks each every month (assuming you only get the PS4 games) plus discounts and online is a total ripoff I guess.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Is it just a new rule now that everything gets compared to police brutality eventually?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Yoya posted:

by the letter of the law it isn't, which is why so many people on neogaf, etc will defend it to death. like those reddit posts after every police brutality case saying that they respect and appreciate the cops
:yikes:

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
Even when ps+ is subpar, you still get to keep paying the IGC. On a good month, your membership becomes more valuable. On a bad month it keeps its value.

I like Broforce though.

If I were to make guesses for upcoming months, it'd be Tales of the Borderlands and Infamous SS, aside from Indies.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Theres a way to not be so extreme.

It's alright if people are unhappy, it doesn't make it a scam.

It also doesn't need to be defended from the endless hoards of super entitled gamers looking for knack, infamous or a lovely year old rear end creed game for free.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yoya posted:

shut the gently caress up you dumb piece of poo poo. you really going to compare police brutality to u not liking the games on ps+? get hosed

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

gamers arent entitled!!!

*compares subjective enjoyment of video games to people getting beaten and killed by cops*

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

gamers should be entitled to their rights as consumers which includes fair and respectful treatment. peddling games as broken as broforce and other indie garbage as "the best of what PlayStation Store has to offer" is laughable.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
PS+ used to be the Dark Souls of subscription services but now? it's barely the Other M of subscription services

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Broforce owns and I m glad I got it on ps+ because I had never heard of it before and playing it also made me buy it on steam so I could have it on my laptop and never have to go without Broforce between my pc, ps4 and vita

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yoya posted:

gamers should be entitled to their rights as consumers which includes fair and respectful treatment. peddling games as broken as broforce and other indie garbage as "the best of what PlayStation Store has to offer" is laughable.

stop posting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Broforce owns and I m glad I got it on ps+ because I had never heard of it before and playing it also made me buy it on steam so I could have it on my laptop and never have to go without Broforce between my pc, ps4 and vita

sorry actually ur objectively worng and brofroce is worset han people dying - yoya

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

you cant even drop a minor critisism on sony without a tantrum en masse. sony knows this and that's a contributing factor as to why it'll never get better

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Yoya posted:

:yikes:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yoya posted:

you cant even drop a minor critisism on sony

so now police brutality is a minor issue

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yoya posted:

you cant even drop a minor critisism on sony without a tantrum en masse. sony knows this and that's a contributing factor as to why it'll never get better

seriously stop posting if u really dont realise ho wbig of a hole ur digging in this thread right now

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

yell mcdonalds to vote for chapter 1 of a telltale series. this is good and i'm glad noone tried to ask for anything better at any point.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yoya posted:

yell mcdonalds to vote for chapter 1 of a telltale series. this is good and i'm glad noone tried to ask for anything better at any point.

Yoya posted:

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

there was a good game on ps+ 8 months ago. therefore the service is unassailable and any detractors must be silenced

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Yoya posted:

there was a good game on ps+ 8 months ago. therefore the service is unassailable and any detractors must be silenced

Yoya posted:

Yoya posted:

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

When you make stux posts good and very reasonable you might really maybe wanna not post.

Anyway, next games should be revealed thrusday.

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

what are you getting at. use your words

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Yoya posted:

MCDONALLLLDDDDSSSSSSSSSS

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Stux posted:

sorry actually ur objectively worng and brofroce is worset han people dying - yoya

I would police brutalize everyone to play Broforce

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Yoya posted:

what are you getting at. use your words

That you already made such a terrible argument that you can't be taken seriously. It's not that hard to piece together.

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Sony should change the name to Rocket League +

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
This is the worst steam sale yet, gently caress this

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

How about instead of making GBS threads up the thread we all recommend games?

I think everyone should play either infamous first light or second son.

Flawed but loving fun and still hold up visually.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dragon ball xenoverse and dqh and edf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

SectumSempra posted:

How about instead of making GBS threads up the thread we all recommend games?

I think everyone should play either infamous first light or second son.

Flawed but loving fun and still hold up visually.

I second this. Since playing the first Infamous game after the hack I've been hooked on super-powered open world games. First Light is particularly great and the arena is fun as hell.

Saints Row IV is also a pro pick.

• Locked thread