Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
aatrox is very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Plat 2 64 LP ---> Plat 1 24 LP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My brother has gone from Silver I to Plat 3 promos in about 20 games over the past week. Riot is dumb.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Just make it so that if she ults the vessel, the enemy that she pulled it out of gets stunned or something

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i love aatrox because so few people play him that whenever you check his builds on op.gg you always see something funny

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

mistaya posted:

I feel like Test of Faith is kind of the lovely part of Illaoi's kit and it needs some work to make it more usable. Right now it creates a target dummy that basically baits your entire team into getting engaged on instead of being an actual threat to the enemy team. The debuff is annoying because it lasts much longer than it needs to but it doesn't actually give Illaoi any benefit for lasting that long. Cut the debuff duration significantly and make it more powerful up front and she'd probably be in a pretty good spot. Also I feel like you shouldn't be able to creep block it because literally every other ghost tentacle can go through minions just fine, and landing it right now is too hard for the benefit it gives.

Also I've heard that the target dummy gets doubled resistances which is why it's literally impossible to kill it if you accidentally pull a tank's soul. That thing should be pretty easy to kill regardless of who you pull, and right now if you didn't get a carry you might as well just ignore it. That's kinda bad.

Giving her a stun really isn't necessary, cleaning up her E and making it feel good would be fine.

If her E only stopped at the first champion hit instead of being creep blocked, it would go a long way to making her viable, even if the ghost is largely a bait for your team.

Her E is the only thing that wakes the tentacles up into being halfway worth all the gold they are donating to the other guy.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Mar 27, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

If her E only stopped at the first champion hit instead of being creep blocked, it would go a long way to making her viable, even if the ghost is largely a bait for your team.

Her E is the only thing that wakes the tentacles up into being halfway worth all the gold they are donating to the other guy.

that would be the most annoying poo poo in the world

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I really don't want Illaoi to be good.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Aurelion sol is... interesting. Seems pretty bad though.

Good luck ever picking him in draft. If a zed or diana ever looks at you they will kill you every single time. You're less capable of handling it then even velkoz.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

I'm learning Ekko rn, trying to figure out a good tank build.

My first thoughts were Hybrid Pen marks, CDR and magic defense seals, armor glyphs and move-speed or hp quints; get an early Iceborn Gauntlet and Spirit Visage, then Warmogs and Hextech Gunblade. Runic Echoes in the jungle, maybe Abyssal Scepter because I'm Bronze 3 and no one ever builds mr I swear to god.

Please tear my build to shreds before toplane quinn does it for me

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Why wouldn't you get armor seals and CDR/mr glyphs?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Bliss Authority posted:

My first thoughts were Hybrid Pen marks, CDR and magic defense seals, armor glyphs and move-speed or hp quints; get an early Iceborn Gauntlet and Spirit Visage, then Warmogs and Hextech Gunblade. Runic Echoes in the jungle, maybe Abyssal Scepter because I'm Bronze 3 and no one ever builds mr I swear to god.

Frozen Fist, Spirit Visage, and maybe an Abyssal and GA?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bliss Authority posted:

He doesn't do enough physical damage that hybrid is better than mpen. Use AP quints to clear faster (and give a better shield). You don't need MR glyphs as a jungler.

Don't build Spirit Visage, Warmogs, or Gunblade (seriously wtf gunblade as a "tank build").

Abyssal Scepter is good, I don't know what relevance you being in bronze has to it being a good item. It reduces their MR by 20, and everyone has more than 20 MR.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

but it was witches

RealFoxy posted:

Frozen Fist, Spirit Visage, and maybe an Abyssal and GA?

Interesting, why GA? My thoughts on the gunblade were more damage and survivability - I already want Visage for Chronobreak heal, and spellvamp / lifesteal would just make him that much more diehard.

Oh, and probably going 12/0/18 with Grasp of the Undying and "mo slow mo damage" for similar reasons.

Please note: I'm bad though I am trying to git gud. Not playing Ekko ranked until I git gud.

henkman posted:

Why wouldn't you get armor seals and CDR/mr glyphs?

Cuz I'm dumb and don't know which color is which rune

Bliss Authority fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Mar 28, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

kingcobweb posted:

He doesn't do enough physical damage that hybrid is better than mpen. Use AP quints to clear faster (and give a better shield). You don't need MR glyphs as a jungler.

Don't build Spirit Visage, Warmogs, or Gunblade (seriously wtf gunblade as a "tank build").

Abyssal Scepter is good, I don't know what relevance you being in bronze has to it being a good item. It reduces their MR by 20, and everyone has more than 20 MR.
Actually if they're in Bronze 3 should probably just learn to play Malphite or Nautilus in Top/Mid/Jungle because hard engage is a lot better than a champion that requires a semi decent skill cap.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bliss Authority posted:

Interesting, why GA? My thoughts on the gunblade were more damage and survivability - I already want Visage for Chronobreak heal, and spellvamp / lifesteal would just make him that much more diehard.

Oh, and probably going 12/0/18 with Grasp of the Undying and "mo slow mo damage" for similar reasons.

Please note: I'm bad though I am trying to git gud. Not playing Ekko ranked until I git gud.
GA because you can't do damage if you're dead and unless you're so good at Ekko you're stomping people like Huni does you're probably going to be spending a bit of time dead on a melee-based caster. Should also be able to cheese a bit if your ultimate and GA both are up.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
A Korean tank ekko top player in challenger takes asps reds and buys spirit visage

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

but it was witches

RealFoxy posted:

Actually if they're in Bronze 3 should probably just learn to play Malphite or Nautilus in Top/Mid/Jungle because hard engage is a lot better than a champion that requires a semi decent skill cap.

I'm doing Ranked as Nasus for this reason, all his weaknesses are mitigated by good engage and learning how to farm and zone properly.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Bliss Authority posted:

I'm doing Ranked as Nasus for this reason, all his weaknesses are mitigated by good engage and learning how to farm and zone properly.

I am so confused by this post Nasus doesn't have any engage at all

e: or zoning ability because he's loving Nasus lmao

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

but it was witches

Firebert posted:

I am so confused by this post Nasus doesn't have any engage at all

...Disregard, I'm a dumb. He is good at dealing with aggressive engages, in my experience: I have won so many lanes as him because someone who should have harrased me out of my stacks kept pushing the lane and trying to fight me. After that I just counter-initate in teamfights and we win.

RealFoxy posted:

GA because you can't do damage if you're dead and unless you're so good at Ekko you're stomping people like Huni does you're probably going to be spending a bit of time dead on a melee-based caster. Should also be able to cheese a bit if your ultimate and GA both are up.

That sounds super frustrating for the enemy team and on those grounds I'm for it.

Bliss Authority fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Mar 28, 2016

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I don't care how actually effective he is right now, Twitch is my marksman. He's too adorable.

*pops out of stealth* "I'm HIDING!"

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Twitch has been a top five win rate ADC for several patches in a row. Also Aurelion Sol is a support imo

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Kokoro Wish posted:

I don't care how actually effective he is right now, Twitch is my marksman. He's too adorable.

*pops out of stealth* "I'm HIDING!"

It's "I was hiding." Because he's not hiding when he says it. You Dumb rear end

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

Twitch has been a top five win rate ADC for several patches in a row. Also Aurelion Sol is a support imo

Can you tell me a bit about AS suport? I can see some of it but I'm curious what his play and build pattern is.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Twitch is a champ that is both Fun and Good

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ImpAtom posted:

Can you tell me a bit about AS suport? I can see some of it but I'm curious what his play and build pattern is.

http://probuilds.net/guide/show/KR/2358922076/4661845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwb4lLpg1Bo

He's had more games but I can't find any of the builds online. Looks like Lemonnation is trying him out too.

KicksYouInHalf
Aug 6, 2007

National tragedy.
I didnt listen to my friends when they said nautilus was nerfed and lost today bringing my ranked record with him to 18-3. Hang the anchor up, boys, he's clearly an unplayable mess now.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

KicksYouInHalf posted:

I didnt listen to my friends when they said nautilus was nerfed and lost today bringing my ranked record with him to 18-3. Hang the anchor up, boys, he's clearly an unplayable mess now.

He's still good, but it's now time for you to go full cancer and play Rammus top instead.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the best part of the new champion select is that when someone dodges your summoners get reset

somehow the jungler always has heal

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

KicksYouInHalf posted:

poppy and nautilus should still be pickban

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

rabidsquid posted:

http://probuilds.net/guide/show/KR/2358922076/4661845
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwb4lLpg1Bo

He's had more games but I can't find any of the builds online. Looks like Lemonnation is trying him out too.

Rad, thanks.

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Tried out Aurelion Sol. Enemy picked Talon. It was not a fun game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Playing sol mid is even worse because you can't double tap q for a quick stun on someone up in your poo poo. Support sol is the only way to go

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Why is Kog'maw's winrate so high again?

http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=ADC

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Low play rate, meaning that the only people playing him are kog savants

Alternatively, something is bugged with riots api or champion.gg's data aggregator

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm scared of the jhin nerfs

hes such a good champ but

That's winrate and play rate

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

it could be that giving a champion 25 on-hit magic damage (+2% max HP, so another 5 damage around level 9) and double attack speed at level 9 combined with rageblade means that Kog'maw melts whatever he touches even if he's not at 5.0 attack speed before 3 items.
Remember that it was a '2% or minimum 15' before, now it's closer to 10-30 (or more).
The reason his wr was low beforehand was because the W was bugged and making him do less damage than normal.

Luna Was Here posted:

Alternatively, something is bugged with riots api or champion.gg's data aggregator

And all you need to do to be good at Kog is press W and be within 700 range of a fight so...
I guess it's time to play the void puppy again! It's the only way to find out.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Wow I haven't seen a queue to log on in ages. Happy Easter everyone!

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

Wachepti posted:

Wow I haven't seen a queue to log on in ages. Happy Easter everyone!

I think the servers just poo poo themselves. Everyone in my game just lagged out and dc'd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

Hmm, nope

• Locked thread