Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Slur posted:

Escha&Logy is $80 or something. I don't know why they had to price it that high.

digital its 40 dollars. if you're looking at the physical release its because they only did a special edition and not a regular one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, but I couldn't figure out how to use PayPal when thumbing around their website and that's all I've got right now.

They take plain old credit cards too.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hot off the heels of XCOM Vita, Civilization Revolution 2 Plus is coming to the West this week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/27/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-3292016/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I will probably get CivRev, assuming the price isn't too bad.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

considering how cheap xcom is, I would be surprised if civrev were expensive. pretty happy that these didn't turn out to be vaperware either way

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Policenaut posted:

Hot off the heels of XCOM Vita, Civilization Revolution 2 Plus is coming to the West this week.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/03/27/the-drop-new-playstation-games-for-3292016/

Neat. I liked the DS Civ game well enough, so I'll be sure to check this one out.

Also, it's a game that's, like, :10bux: on iOS and Android, so I can't imagine it being prohibitively expensive for Vita.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Policenaut posted:

New Miku came out a few days ago in Japan. I'm waiting for PA to get some stock in for it (or stock for anything really because they still say the summer Isabelle amiibo isn't out BUT IT IS YOU FUCKERS WHERE IS ISABELLE)

Seriously. Getting kinda frustrated with waiting for miku since how did they not order enough stock to cover pre-orders? Isn't that basically the whole point of those?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, I picked up Destroyer Trillion today. Hopefully this purchase of a iF/CH Vita game won't turn out to be a complete waste of money (it never isn't, is it). So far the battle system is interesting if a bit hard to understand at times, I blundered into an avoidable super move that pasted me instantly more than once. JP voices are available. Haven't really gotten to far into it so I can't really say very much yet.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Here's my up to the Chapter 2 review of Trails of Cold Steel, hopefully someone finds it interesting and/or helpful:

- although the voice acting is good, the very beginning doesn't do it justice - still, neither Jusis' nor Alisa's VAs can do strong, shouting voices. Howeher, Sara is great and Towa is wonderful
- it really is very much like Persona 3/4 in flow - free time, Tartarus, exams. It comes with the territory of being set in a school, of course, so it's neither good nor bad. Having strictly limited time units is somewhat freeing, too.
- Jusis and Mathias can gently caress off with their spat, Chapter 2 was a great example of linking the story to the gameplay and Iwas mad at them, let me tell you
- Normal is somewhat easy - I'm constatly underleveled and underequipped, but so far only one boss has given me any kind of trouble and that's only because he inflicted a status effect which I disabled on a second try and he went down easily. Im chapter 2 I couldn't upgrade my weapons to the better versions becasue I still used chapter 1 ones and didn't know new ones were available, thankfully party members brought their own armour at least
- hidden quests are evil, and side quest that consist of grinding random moster drops are stupid - I hope there won't be many, but even one is enough
- Rean is a nice guy, I like him
- using cyryllic as the "mysterious" font does not really work if the letters put together don't make sense, I'd rather they use emoticons, like for Histy.

All in all, so far the story seems like nothing special, but it's also not bad, and characters interactions are enjoyable. There really is very little to dislike about this game, really - it's just a well made JRPG. The music is also nice.

Also a plot question: is Rean a homunculus or something to that effect? He's at the very least "modified" in some way, isn't he?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
http://gematsu.com/2016/03/uppers-adds-senran-kagura-daidoji-second-demo-launches-march-31-japan

FUUUUUUUUCK

Time to preorder Uppers

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLekt6fGous

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Did you just say walls?? 'Cause I'm pretty sure you said walls.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Did you just say walls?? 'Cause I'm pretty sure you said walls.

http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/29/ys-viii-introduces-dogi-barbaros-system-details/

He has a weird redesign.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Szurumbur posted:

Here's my up to the Chapter 2 review of Trails of Cold Steel, hopefully someone finds it interesting and/or helpful:

- although the voice acting is good, the very beginning doesn't do it justice - still, neither Jusis' nor Alisa's VAs can do strong, shouting voices. Howeher, Sara is great and Towa is wonderful
- it really is very much like Persona 3/4 in flow - free time, Tartarus, exams. It comes with the territory of being set in a school, of course, so it's neither good nor bad. Having strictly limited time units is somewhat freeing, too.
- Jusis and Mathias can gently caress off with their spat, Chapter 2 was a great example of linking the story to the gameplay and Iwas mad at them, let me tell you
- Normal is somewhat easy - I'm constatly underleveled and underequipped, but so far only one boss has given me any kind of trouble and that's only because he inflicted a status effect which I disabled on a second try and he went down easily. Im chapter 2 I couldn't upgrade my weapons to the better versions becasue I still used chapter 1 ones and didn't know new ones were available, thankfully party members brought their own armour at least
- hidden quests are evil, and side quest that consist of grinding random moster drops are stupid - I hope there won't be many, but even one is enough
- Rean is a nice guy, I like him
- using cyryllic as the "mysterious" font does not really work if the letters put together don't make sense, I'd rather they use emoticons, like for Histy.

All in all, so far the story seems like nothing special, but it's also not bad, and characters interactions are enjoyable. There really is very little to dislike about this game, really - it's just a well made JRPG. The music is also nice.

Also a plot question: is Rean a homunculus or something to that effect? He's at the very least "modified" in some way, isn't he?

To answer your spoilered question, it honestly never made clear , even at the end, what his deal is, IMHO. They seem to be saving it for the sequel. But yes, he's not a normal kid.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm just glad he's in this one, it was weird he never appeared in Celceta besides that one memory sequence.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

davidHalestorm posted:

To answer your spoilered question, it honestly never made clear , even at the end, what his deal is, IMHO. They seem to be saving it for the sequel. But yes, he's not a normal kid.

They don't even reveal in Cold Steel 2 what his deal is. But, from what I've read, he's made some pretty bad decisions in the sequel which sends Lloyd and company after him

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Is there a chance that at some point Escha and Logy will be less than the $32 it's at right now, or should I just bite the bullet and loving get it like the idiot consumer I am?

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

I'm just glad he's in this one, it was weird he never appeared in Celceta besides that one memory sequence.

He was in all the other versions of Ys IV too, which is the weird thing. If anything, V and VIII are the games where it makes sense for him to be absent since he's still rebuilding Felghana at that point in the timeline.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

SpacePig posted:

Is there a chance that at some point Escha and Logy will be less than the $32 it's at right now, or should I just bite the bullet and loving get it like the idiot consumer I am?

I'm pretty sure the first four have all hit 20 before, but at least it's under the adjusted Threepwood threshold.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

SpacePig posted:

I don't remember any of Atelier games not being on a sale, they are on one fairly often.

So if you aren't in a particular rush, it's better to wait - still, if there's any free DLC, you might want to download/"buy" it now, just to be prepared when you do actually play the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've never seen Ayesha on sale

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

I've never seen Ayesha on sale

Nope, it's been on sale a few times and was half off in November: https://psprices.com/region-us/game/86506/atelier-ayesha-plus-the-alchemist-of-dusk

Seems like they go on sale every 6 months or so, so it's probably worth getting E&L+ if you're going to play it right now, otherwise wait six months for a discount.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

SpacePig posted:

yes, but also yes

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I'll probably just wait, then. I thought this might be a good price because I don't see niche JRPGs on sale that often, but I've got enough of a backlog that I can probably just get around to it whenever.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

So is it just me or is CivRev 2+ not on the store this update? I'm looking at the mobile store and most of the games advertised this week are here except CivRev.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's up on the UK store at least (£15)

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

sometimes they havent finished the update until like 7pm

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Policenaut posted:

So is it just me or is CivRev 2+ not on the store this update? I'm looking at the mobile store and most of the games advertised this week are here except CivRev.

It's up now.

Also Atelier Escha & Logy Plus is on sale this week. I've been looking to try and get into the series. Is this a good starting point?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

korrandark posted:

It's up now.

Also Atelier Escha & Logy Plus is on sale this week. I've been looking to try and get into the series. Is this a good starting point?

yeah it's fine. technically it's the second entry in a sub-trilogy, but there isn't much in the way of connections or even plot and it's probably the best of the ps3 titles i've palted

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Eh, 20 bucks. Not bad but I got enough on my plate right now, I'll wait for a sale.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

isn't civrev 2 a port of the mobile game? because the mobile game is awful and fundamentally broken

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

So I'm playing through Persona 4 for the third time..

Is it out of line to call this one of the 5-10 greatest RPGs of all time? Game's pretty good is what I'm trying to say.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I grabbed CivRev in part of my ongoing efforts to make my Vita a desert island gaming machine so I'll post a trip report later on the Vita port (after I play my new copy of Xtreme 3 a bit more)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
every so often i'm reminded that scarlet grace is for the vita and that i'll eventually have something more than disgaea and old ps1 games to play on this

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

korrandark posted:

It's up now.

yes, buy it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well folks I played Exist Archive for 90 minutes and didn't realize there was no autosave so I'd have to start over if I wanted to play again and I probably won't bother. I can see why they're not rushing to localize this haha

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

technically i think ayesha is better but e&l was the first one i played and i enjoyed it a lot, so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8QGAluvN-A

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Well folks I played Exist Archive for 90 minutes and didn't realize there was no autosave so I'd have to start over if I wanted to play again and I probably won't bother. I can see why they're not rushing to localize this haha

Because of the autosave or does it have other issues?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cake Attack posted:

Because of the autosave or does it have other issues?

It's just kinda bland. I don't really like the character designs and the controls don't have the snappiness of the VP games outside of battle. Battle is basically the same as VP but I do like the guard system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The White Dragon posted:

every so often i'm reminded that scarlet grace is for the vita and that i'll eventually have something more than disgaea and old ps1 games to play on this

Hell yeah, and it even got trademarked in Europe so we might actually get it here!