Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm not able to play replays either now. I tried looking up some on scouting and tried 2 of them and they freeze at the end of the loading screen before the battle. 100%, music still playing.... nothing. Game works fine.

I also want to look at videos of how to play the T67. I've played a few games in it the past 2-3 days or so and I just keep getting murdered. I try to be much more patient in this tank. I sit way back..... and then I get one shotted by something before my 6th sense goes off. I want to like this thing but I'm just terrible at it. The replays not loading kind of sucks.

I've just realized I cant play a single replay i've uploaded. Welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slowm
Sep 5, 2013

live slow, die whenevs

Hellsau posted:

The original description was 'r-words are n-words'

shameful motherfucker

That wasn't the description, that was someone's comment.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

I'm not able to play replays either now. I tried looking up some on scouting and tried 2 of them and they freeze at the end of the loading screen before the battle. 100%, music still playing.... nothing. Game works fine.

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

If those replays are from before the patch, that would probably be why. I'd wager the new physics stuff doesn't play nice with the data in the old replay files.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Atomizer posted:

For me, it's the name. I never played with you but I remember you being in SGLE. Nobody remembers me though! :smith:

I guess those thousands of hours I spent playing and doing clan wars weren't wasted :unsmith: :smith: :negative:

Mad Emu Sex0r
Sep 30, 2004

Comeon guys. Im cool now, right?

Nordick posted:

If those replays are from before the patch, that would probably be why. I'd wager the new physics stuff doesn't play nice with the data in the old replay files.

I saw where old replays are fubar. But I have about a dozen masteries ive saved since update and I cant do those either. I even made a separate install of vanilla Wot and no dice.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Well, poo poo.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

I saw where old replays are fubar. But I have about a dozen masteries ive saved since update and I cant do those either. I even made a separate install of vanilla Wot and no dice.

That is the main reason for why I record fun games and put them on YT.
Replays are only viable for 3-4 months or so.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I couldn't watch a replay that I had recorded the day before, so there's definitely something up.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Steelion posted:

I couldn't watch a replay that I had recorded the day before, so there's definitely something up.

It appears to happen randomly for me. I got the replay of that sick Chaffee handstand working fine, but when I first patched, I played a few games without mods to get a replay, then after installing mods none of the replays worked. Clearing out my mods folder did not help, none of them worked.

I blame the minipatches.

Beepity Boop
Nov 21, 2012

yay

Replays are working for me, the chat just gets duplicated. I can't purchase any tanks though, the confirm/cancel buttons are grayed out.

Edit:

Hellsau posted:

Hit "C" to fix the duplicate chat, apparently. Unable to buy tanks? Update XVM.

That worked, thanks.

Beepity Boop fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 28, 2016

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend

Hremsfeld posted:

Replays are working for me, the chat just gets duplicated. I can't purchase any tanks though, the confirm/cancel buttons are grayed out.

I'm seeing duplicate chat in replays too. Also, my equipment slots are all hosed up in my garage recently. I'll see empty slots on tanks, but when I mouse over them, it says there's a vert stab or whatever installed in that slot like I expected.

It's kind of annoying in combination with the equipment auto-return mod because I don't know if it's actually swapping out my camo net and binocs on certain tanks or if it's just bugged.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hit "C" to fix the duplicate chat, apparently. Unable to buy tanks? Update XVM.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Mad Emu Sex0r posted:

I can't even watch my own replays the minute after recording them. It just stays on the end of the loading screen and that's it.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Yep, just tried one that was uploaded today and it doesn't work. Something is going on.

Twinty Zuleps
May 10, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
I had to get an ergonomic mouse because my frail meat is failing me and it is a motherfucker to aim in a hurry or aim at all with it. The cursor jolts around like I'm moving it with the arrow keys in an old Sierra game on a computer that Grandma didn't plug the mouse into because she lost it. gently caress.

Are wireless mice just this bad for precise movement in general?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, I don't want to grind a 774k credits to buy the T54e1, but I am out of high tier tanks to sell that I don't want any more. In fact, I still want to rebuy a few I sold the last time I needed an infusion of credits. Oh well, I may as well grind the credits over the next few days.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
That's like 10 mediocre games in your type59.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

celewign posted:

That's like 10 mediocre games in your type59.

I've never had a type 59, and my mediocre is the average players crappy.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
M22 Locust

In queue:
Medium Tank T2

Available for request:

:britain:
Tetrarch in the USSR

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
KV-7 NEW

:godwin:
Geschuetzpanzer MkVI (e)
Mauschen

:sweden:
Bandkanon 1
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Wulfolme posted:

I had to get an ergonomic mouse because my frail meat is failing me and it is a motherfucker to aim in a hurry or aim at all with it. The cursor jolts around like I'm moving it with the arrow keys in an old Sierra game on a computer that Grandma didn't plug the mouse into because she lost it. gently caress.

In my experience, if the wireless mouse cursor is jerky it's because of interference between the mouse and receiver. Try putting the receiver on a usb extension cord or something to get it super close to your mousepad and you shouldn't experience that problem.

I used to use a Logitech MX1000 (wireless mouse) and never had a problem unless the receiver was more than a couple feet from the mouse.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit

RandomPauI posted:

Ugh, I don't want to grind a 774k credits to buy the T54e1, but I am out of high tier tanks to sell that I don't want any more. In fact, I still want to rebuy a few I sold the last time I needed an infusion of credits. Oh well, I may as well grind the credits over the next few days.

That's nothing. I have the obj 140, e 50m, at15, 50 120, and probably some others i'm forgetting currently unlocked but I have about 200k credits.

e. and I'll have the patton unlocked in 10k xp. fml

Ramsus fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Mar 28, 2016

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I would have bought a 183 today, but my mods are breaking the interface, so I couldn't.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

March Mapness tournament people - we got paid an hour ago. Guess they finally got into the office over in Minsk.

Also is it that time of year, where the thread posts about their current grinds? I love this time!

XP Grinds (in thousands of XP):
KV-4: 124/166
ISU: 141/176
AMX 30: 132/180
E 50: 108/183
WZ-111 1-4: 87/200

So that's 3 tier 10s and two tier 9s I need to buy once those are done, 25.6 million credits. Fortunate, I'm never buying the AMX 30B or 113, and the E-50 is probably a keeper (and the E-50M got weaker due to it no longer being a better E5) so that's 3 more tier 10s I'll never buy!

Other stuff I may or may not buy (in millions of credits):
SU-101: 2.6
WZ-120: 3.5
Ferd/JP2 (probably Ferd because lol the JP2 is paper): 2.6
Obj 430 II: 3.5
O-Ni: 1.5 and a crew
PTA: 3.5
M46 Patton: 3.5

20.7 million credits! I've got 11 million stored up and just waiting on sales because I have enough tanks to grind. Come on Obj 263 On Track!

Tier tens unlocked and unpurchased:
Maus (crap)
T92 (crap unless this Bombardier mission continues to elude me)
Bat 155 58 (crap and sold once already, two years ago)
183 (crap but I might rebuy it if this #snapshotmeta poo poo isn't changed because lol 550m full bloom shots)

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
One upping Hellsau by posting my entire tech trees :smug:

Also reminder, out of all those tanks, the Sturer Emil is the only one I've ragesold and free xped through because it's poo poo.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

^^^This motherfucker^^^
http://imgur.com/a/lP4bv

Tanks I've free XPed past:
M103
T28
T95
T54E1 (clan needed T57 for clan wars, the tank is great)
M40/M43

Toaster/Nashorn/St. Emil/WTpz4 (clan needed WT100s and I had a lot of tournament gold)
Half of the JPz4
VK 3001P
Tiger P
Awful Panther (rip)

SU-85
Half of the SU100M1
A-44

Church 7
Everything before the Firefly

AMX 50 120
AMX 12t
AMX 13 75
Lorraine 40t

Everything before the Skoda T 25
I need 311750 free XP to skip the tier 7 and 8, then 109k more for modules on the Skoda T 50. I'd already have done this but I don't want to train another crew.

Chi-Ri
Everything before the O-I (I did not expect the O-I Exp to be so insane, and I wanted big fuckoff derp tank)

Type 58 (both lines)

That's a lot of free XP holy poo poo. Also I haven't actually ground out modules in a long rear end time, aside from some engines or turrets if they are incredibly minor boosts (like the engine on the WZ 111 1-4) so that's even more free XP. The reason I skipped the M103 was because I'd end up just spending the same amount of xp on the modules, PLUS the credits to buy the drat thing, so I just skipped the whole tank. Tier 9 module grinds are bullshit.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I was going to try to figure out how many regular tanks I've elited and to compare that to the number of tanks out there but gently caress it. Math is too hard after midnight. So let's call it 69% elited.

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I guess those thousands of hours I spent playing and doing clan wars weren't wasted :unsmith: :smith: :negative:

all time in the world of tanks is wasted time tho

when you think about it

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hellsau posted:

Also is it that time of year, where the thread posts about their current grinds? I love this time!
:yeah:

I have a spreadsheet to keep track of things over long breaks. Here's some cool numbers from it!

Tanks to grind
code:
Tier	Tank		Cost		XP Now  Needed	Percent Done
8	T49		2,380,000	95	101	94.06
9	M46 Patton	3,450,000	147	175	84.00
9	WT auf Pz IV	3,400,000	88	164	53.66
9	T54E1		3,600,000	84	170	49.41
7	Jagdpanther	1,345,000	28	61	45.90
8	M40/43		2,700,000	48	117	41.03
9	M103		3,640,000	60	169	35.50
9	E 50		3,450,000	54	162	33.33
9	AMX 30		3,550,000	43	198	21.72
9	Lorraine 40t	3,450,000	43	198	21.72
7	WZ-131		1,350,000	5	43	11.63
9	Obj. 430 II	3,450,000	8	151	5.30
8	SU-14-2		2,720,000	2	200	1.00
9	E 75		3,480,000	0	154	0.00
	Total		41,965,000			
Tanks to buy
code:
Tier	Tank		Cost
9	Leopard PT A	3,450,000
8	ISU-152		2,520,000
8	KV-4		2,430,000
7	AMX M4 45	1,395,000
7	T25/2		1,364,000
7	Black Prince	1,400,000
7	Tiger P		1,395,000
7	T-34/100	1,430,000
	Total		15,384,000
Grand total: 57.3 million credits !!
I am never going to "beat" this game, especially now that I don't play very often and am super loving rusty :suicide:

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
All I know is that I have 91 tanks in my garage at the moment and that number fills me with a significant amount of despair and regret.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Ramsus posted:

That's nothing. I have the obj 140, e 50m, at15, 50 120, and probably some others i'm forgetting currently unlocked but I have about 200k credits.

e. and I'll have the patton unlocked in 10k xp. fml

Eh, if you don't constantly have tanks unlocked for 20-30 million credits you are not even trying IMHO.

Hellsau posted:

So that's 3 tier 10s and two tier 9s I need to buy once those are done, 25.6 million credits. Fortunate, I'm never buying the AMX 30B or 113, and the E-50 is probably a keeper (and the E-50M got weaker due to it no longer being a better E5) so that's 3 more tier 10s I'll never buy!

Other stuff I may or may not buy (in millions of credits):
SU-101: 2.6
WZ-120: 3.5
Ferd/JP2 (probably Ferd because lol the JP2 is paper): 2.6
Obj 430 II: 3.5
O-Ni: 1.5 and a crew
PTA: 3.5
M46 Patton: 3.5

20.7 million credits! I've got 11 million stored up and just waiting on sales because I have enough tanks to grind. Come on Obj 263 On Track!

Aren't you forgetting equipment for all that?
That is easily an 8 million of euipment just to get rammers, optics and vstabs on all those tanks.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Ensign Expendable posted:

Available for request:

:ussr:
KV-7 NEW

Sounds good to me!

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I've been grinding the same tanks for months if not years now. I'm guessing I play an hour per week on average (probably much much less if you take into account long stretches of not logging on). Also, I rarely play a premium account anymore.

I'm playing the T-10. I'm maybe halfway to the IS-7 after more than a year.

I'm still grinding modules on the Pershing (don't even have the top gun yet). So, I haven't really even started the M46 grind.

I'll probably just stop at the T67 in the American turreted TD line now that I have it. Doesn't seem worth the effort for someone who never plays.

Still grinding the AMX 12 t. Been on that one for a while now.

I just bought an M6 Heavy. So, I need to grind out some modules on that one. Luckily I had a lot of stuff unlocked from the American mediums.

I'm dabbling in the French heavy line as well, but the BDR G1 B makes me want to stop. I'm not sure how to play it, and it just looks so stupid that I think it really lowers my opinion of the tank in general.

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Mar 28, 2016

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Aren't you forgetting equipment for all that?
That is easily an 8 million of euipment just to get rammers, optics and vstabs on all those tanks.

I actually have a surplus of equipment lying around, especially if I dismount the stuff from the grinds I finish. I've got Rammers and VStabs for the next 2-4 tanks. I'm really just short on Coated Optics, but I have a bunch just sitting on tournament tanks that I could steal if I need to. That's also more money to buy stuff if there was ever a sale.

When is WG's birthday, April? There'll probably be an event on Memorial Day, but they usually do something big for their birthday as well.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
This is my current tech tree status. The first image is the tanks I currently have set as my primaries that I'm working on or just am trying to use or get better with.

USA - I'm loving the M103 right now but am a long way from getting to the E5. I still have the tracks and engine to unlock as well. It's an enjoyable tank though so I'm not concerned about it. I added the T67 to my primaries as well just a day or two ago because I heard it was a great stat padder. Oddly that isn't anything I'm concerned about whatsoever but since it's considered a great stat padder I wanted to try it out again. I'm just so loving terrible at it. Now I kind of want to learn how to do well in it.

Germany - Not sure if I want to continue up the German TD line. I might switch to the heavy line there. Some day I'll work on the German arty but I have too many others I'm working on atm. I REALLY want a good scout so I've been going up the light line as well. I was told the R 251 is excellent for that so that's what I'm working towards. I really want a good passive scout.

USSR - Also I'm maybe 20-30k exp away from the T-54 which I heard is just great so that's why I'm working on the T-44.

UK - Last night I elited the Bishop and dropped the line. Not sure if I'll get back to it or not. The British arty line is not my play style. Working up the medium line as well and not enjoying that very much. I'm just bad with Brit tanks I guess.

France - I don't know if I want to continue up the French arty line or not. I'm just a few thousand exp from eliting the 155 50. I have that AMX AC 46 that I just took off of my primaries a few days ago. I don't remember why but I added the 13 90 as a primary last night as well. It was late and... beer.

Czech - Working on the Czech line just because it's new. So far I'm not having good luck with it.

Japan - I started working on the Japanese heavy line last week and accidentally sold the Type 95 thinking it was something else. That made me upset so I don't know if or when I'll get back it it.

China - I haven't played the Chinese line in 3 years so I don't know what's going on with that. I think that was when I was on my quest to find the best scout.

So that's what is going on with my terrible tanking dreams. I don't know what lines to continue or what I want or what is the best/most fun tanks to have.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I also want to look at videos of how to play the T67. I've played a few games in it the past 2-3 days or so and I just keep getting murdered. I try to be much more patient in this tank. I sit way back..... and then I get one shotted by something before my 6th sense goes off. I want to like this thing but I'm just terrible at it. The replays not loading kind of sucks.

That's exactly the problem I'm having with replays.

The secret to the T67 is to not get spotted. The T67 is a CHAI-sniper extraordinaire; you need to stay the hell back and never attract the enemy's attention.

Wulfolme posted:

Nope, in the absence of interference wireless mice are fine for gaming. You haven't mentioned the particular mouse you're struggling with, but I've used wireless gaming ones from Logitech and Razer and they've worked as expected.

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
I have a decent number of higher tier poo poo I can buy, with some more coming soon, but none of it is terribly exciting.

M48 Fatton (I like the M46 and the Fatton doesn't seem like terribly much of an upgrade, will not buy)
E50M (Not a terribly good tank, didn't like the E50, will not buy.)
FV215b 183 (At least this tank might be fun to play, when it hits. Will buy)
WTE100 (Totally broken, not much fun to play from what I hear. Will not buy)
Foch (lol gently caress no)
AMX 12t (waiting for sixth sense)
WZ-132 (I hear its not as good as the 131, so i'm kind of dragging my feet on this one. I'll get it eventually)
T49 (also lol. I might get it for comedy, but not while I have other poo poo to buy. Bulldog is fun though.)
M12 (Eventually)

Coming Soon (<50k xp)
212A (A marginally better iteration of the same old thing.)
Obj 268 (Bad Tank, will not buy. Might keep the 704 at least.)
T57 Heavy (Nerfed into the ground, might not buy.)
IS-2 (I loved the soviet IS, so hopefully this won't be like the type 58 all over again.)

Eventually (>50k)
Skoda T50 (Will unlock and buy as soon as I can because the VTU is a Bad Tank.)
T-34-1 (Will not buy. Bad Tank, plus I'll get the WZ-120 via the 132.)
Conq GC
AMX 50B
STB-1
Type 5
T-62A/Obj 140/Obj 430

Steelion fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Mar 28, 2016

Daktari
May 30, 2006

As men in rage strike those that wish them best,
I reinstalled this POS. What's the mid tier arty of choice?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Daktari posted:

FV 304 is still overpowered cancer.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Steelion posted:

E50M (Not a terribly good tank, didn't like the E50, will not buy.)
FV215b 183 (At least this tank might be fun to play, when it hits. Will buy)

:stare:

How does it feel to have bad opinions?

Then again, you got one thing right:

Steelion posted:

T-34-1 (Will not buy. Bad Tank, plus I'll get the WZ-120 via the 132.)

(Although the 34-2 is a way better experience than the 34-1.)

Daktari posted:

Mid-tier? LeFH, FV304, M44, GWP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
I love my Fatton. Even more since the recent gun buff.