Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It kind of sucks the White said Baam has the strength to be stronger than him naturally right before Baam gets a huge power boost from an outside force. Ignoring things like the Thorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
So, let's make a list:

Stuff jammed inside Baam:
-Some kind of monster injected to him in Floor 2
-Skeleton Lobster shown on floor 20 (thing from floor 2?)
-Fake Thorn on ~floor 30 (or Bowl for the Thorn)
-Real Thorn
-Evil inner power that showed itself on the train (thing from floor 2?)
-Good inner power that was behind Evil inner power
-Souls of White's victims

Jesus where does it end? Did I miss any?

What I really want to see is his natural Irregular powers, like the stuff he showed on floor 2.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Baam is an irregular so him being one of the strongest people in the tower was always a given should he make it to the top

edit: I'm pretty sure the monster thing we saw recently was part of the irregular power

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Jose posted:

edit: I'm pretty sure the monster thing we saw recently was part of the irregular power

I thought I saw some author's note saying that it wasn't part of his original power, that it got inside him sometime during his climb.

edit: Not sure though /shrug

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Hirethor posted:

I thought I saw some author's note saying that it wasn't part of his original power, that it got inside him sometime during his climb.

edit: Not sure though /shrug

It did say that. I don't think that means it's something that was literally shoved inside him, though. More a visualization of the way the Tower's culture has corrupted him, or something like that.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Hirethor posted:

What I really want to see is his natural Irregular powers, like the stuff he showed on floor 2.

What are you referring to here? I only remember his irregular power being "learns stuff super fast." If you're referring to reverse flow control, other people can also do that (like Moontari, may he rest in peace).

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

What are you referring to here? I only remember his irregular power being "learns stuff super fast." If you're referring to reverse flow control, other people can also do that (like Moontari, may he rest in peace).

He has some sort of natural affinity with Shinsoo, to the point where he moves through ambient stuff 'thick' enough to be considered formidable by Rankers, without even noticing it's there. Presumably, this has something to do with how easily he understands and mimics shinsoo techniques he sees.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Give Baam all of the powerups. Don't stop.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Cathair posted:

He has some sort of natural affinity with Shinsoo, to the point where he moves through ambient stuff 'thick' enough to be considered formidable by Rankers, without even noticing it's there. Presumably, this has something to do with how easily he understands and mimics shinsoo techniques he sees.

Yeah, and also http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-1-ep-10/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=11 where he wins that bet against Lero-Ro (Though that just may be the part of his ability where he's naturally gifted w/ shinsu manipulation)

but mostly what happens when the redhead is about to hit him/Rachel again so he somehow cuts her eye http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-1-ep-25/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=26 For that one Lero-Ro said there was something different about how the shinsu moved, not that he had a good level of control like others do http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-1-ep-26/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=27

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Here http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-142/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=223 is another example where characters comment on how Baam controls shninsu is some weird way.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-193/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=274 Is it me or was this chapter longer than usual?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Seemed that way. Good thing Bam remembered how to be Bam and pulled his Irregular poo poo again, controlling/copying shinsu like there's no tomorrow.

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Well holy poo poo. It was about double the length of a normal chapter. I loved the Princess of Jihad's comment to the FUG dude. The power up made sense thematically but I hope he loses it now that Hoaqin has been defeated.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

he probably will but the more important bit is he made a sword of shinsu and stole the sword fighting style which he will probably keep. the sword seems to be a big thing since they're usually sort of poo poo in the tower if not held by the very best people

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Lyon posted:

Well holy poo poo. It was about double the length of a normal chapter. I loved the Princess of Jihad's comment to the FUG dude. The power up made sense thematically but I hope he loses it now that Hoaqin has been defeated.

I don't think Bam is the kinda guy who keeps the souls of the dead around as a power source.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It's more a question of whether or not it's reversible/temporary.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
When Bam got slashed in the face in his first encounter with Hoaqin and noticed his sword skill, I was expecting some sort of Sharingan kamui pocket dimension poo poo. Sad that it wasn't. Wanna see some space-time manipulation in ToG.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Oh people on reddit translate the author's notes for chapters https://www.reddit.com/r/TowerofGod/comments/4a973f/blog_translation_for_chapter_193/ and regarding the skill copying it seems there was a bit of cheating involved :v:
The reason Baam could use Hoaqin's stills was because the last clone is Albelda (Hoaqin's younger sibling)+ the spirits. Since Albelda has the blood of the Arie, the power of the Arie clan could be used ^^. The old Baam, no matter how well Baam tries to copy it, can't use the Arie-style swordsmanship.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

New chapter with some answers to our questions.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Rachel was full of poo poo, who knew?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Arie Hon is weird in a different way than I expected.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Yeah, Rachel didn't know poo poo. Don't know why Khun even thought that.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
I thought this was a good chapter

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-195/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=276

Chang casually leaving the cage was pretty funny

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
oh noooo sweetfish

good night sweet prince :(

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Yuri is actually just a really powerful anti-fug soccer mom cheering on her children. Love every one of these characters too much.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
So that was the arc, huh? Really liked it, overall the best ToG has been in a long time. It'd be loving sweet if Yuri could hang out with Baam for an extended period of time, maybe follow up to that organization she's supposed to be part of, presumably having Baam and all of his friends/groups join.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Baam and the gang are still weak as poo poo compared to trained rankers, I think. But Baam is getting there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

they're still really low in the tower so of course they're weak as poo poo compared to rankers. i hope that ending means baam isn't going to be hung up on rachel and nothing else from now on

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
I see this ending as pretty hopeful that Baam will be adopted as a sort of protege/apprentice of Yuri and Evan. Maybe the characters will split across Yuri's crew and the Wolhaiksong. I could imagine Hwayrun and Baam becoming a parallel/new generation version of Evan and Yuri, for example. They need to form some solid teams if they want to continue to climb the tower and so far it's been a haphazard bunch at best. Maybe Hwayrun would end up going with Sachi Faker and some other crews, though. Lots of good possibilities.

EDIT: I forgot about the Emily making it difficult for guides to see the correct path. Was Evan actually ever affected by this?

Coffee Mugshot fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Mar 28, 2016

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-196/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=277 And we are back!

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

cool chapter but honestly lol at rachel and everything she does anymore

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

cool chapter but honestly lol at rachel and everything she does anymore

It's hard to take her seriously because she pretty much is doing things based on whatever FUG tells her and lol if that isn't gonna blow up in her face eventually

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Can she even handle the power of a thorn?

Also Yuri going on a rampage would make for an amazing arc.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i liked how everyone itt assumed someone with his name on his back couldn't actually be urek mazino

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
new chapter.

good news: looks like yuri's gonna be sticking around for a while. also, androssi.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Part of Bam's power is that he can use shinsu without needing the contracts, right? He's going to be king shot of that floor.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Glad to see Laure and the old crew will be coming into frame again, and a bit surprised about Yuri's change of plans.

I just hope Baam doesn't forget to go back to finish off his training with the Train Guardian.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-198/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=279

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its good to see SIU didn't forget the rice pot at least