Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
Star Den got me my 18th hypermax, Nepdra. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009
This is my first-ever exposure to Awoken Parvati and, as I took a A. Sakuya into this team against her, there's no real way I'm going to know how to control my damage enough not to keep healing her.

At least I have 99 turns to learn :suicide:

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
I've been playing with Krishna/Set/Ilm/RValk/CaoCao/Shivadrag as my top team for 6 months or so and can do about one-third of the mythical descends with that team. I finally have 300k monster points. Should I buy a Shiva Dragon or wait to see what comes next? Seems like with Shiva Dragon I'll get higher consistent damage for sure but my peak damage probably won't go up by much.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Spamtron7000 posted:

I've been playing with Krishna/Set/Ilm/RValk/CaoCao/Shivadrag as my top team for 6 months or so and can do about one-third of the mythical descends with that team. I finally have 300k monster points. Should I buy a Shiva Dragon or wait to see what comes next? Seems like with Shiva Dragon I'll get higher consistent damage for sure but my peak damage probably won't go up by much.

:confused:

You have Shiva Dragon???

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
It being the sixth monster on the list, I'm assuming that's a helper/best friend's Shiva Dragon.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

It being the sixth monster on the list, I'm assuming that's a helper/best friend's Shiva Dragon.

Right you are, I'm used to seeing a team in a 5 mon format.

Spamtron7000 posted:

To requote, Krishna does have a higher multiplier but Shiva Dragon is much better for farming and he can do about 95%-98% of all content.

Although it really depends on what subs you have for each MP dragon. If you decide to go with Shiva Dragon, replace Ilm with another fire god with prongs if you are going to stick with that team. Ares, Urd and Markab are good subs.

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Kuros posted:

:confused:

You have Shiva Dragon???

Nope but all my friends do.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

My girlfriend has Awoken Ra and Awoken Bastet already, but she also has Kirin and Yomi and is wondering which of those to focus on next. I think Awoken Sakuya is capable of more dungeons (and she's used to the play style), but all she really has for that team is L. Kali and Valk. Yomi may be weaker, but she has Satsuki, Haku, Loki and Izanami. However, the chances of her having the patience to skill up Zaerog8 are miniscule. (Alternately, she does have an Astaroth, but I know little about how Awoken Astaroth works.)

Thoughts? https://www.padherder.com/user/evensprkSA/

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

tzirean posted:

My girlfriend has Awoken Ra and Awoken Bastet already, but she also has Kirin and Yomi and is wondering which of those to focus on next. I think Awoken Sakuya is capable of more dungeons (and she's used to the play style), but all she really has for that team is L. Kali and Valk. Yomi may be weaker, but she has Satsuki, Haku, Loki and Izanami. However, the chances of her having the patience to skill up Zaerog8 are miniscule. (Alternately, she does have an Astaroth, but I know little about how Awoken Astaroth works.)

Thoughts? https://www.padherder.com/user/evensprkSA/

Sakuya/L.Kali/Super Verche/A.Yomi/Flex(usually a delay or a defense up) is a nice Saku team she can build.

A.Yomi/Satsuki/Haku/D.Iza/Z8 is the "default" Yomi team.

She can do no wrong with any of those. As for Astaroth, forget it, she's perhaps the leader with the most restricted sub list in the game. She's great if you have them tho (your gf doesn't).

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
What is the good Astaroth team anyways?

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

trucutru posted:

A.Yomi/Satsuki/Haku/D.Iza/Z8 is the "default" Yomi team.

Suppose you don't have Haku. What are some good replacements?

Eschamali is not a valid answer.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheQuietWilds posted:

What is the good Astaroth team anyways?

Michael x2, and then add a sprinkle of Valk, Artemis, Freyja, or Kushi. (If Artemis then a single Michael is ok). Maybe devil MeiMei, Sasuke or Xmas Alraune.

AweStriker posted:

For a similar role? Zuoh, but he doesn't combo with Satsuki (he works with Hanzo). The angel2.0 (the one with the bell) and Typhon also work in that role. Otherwise Hanzo, Persephone, Okuni, Pandora, Akechi or other quality orb changers are always good. Yomi is not that selective, since most of the damage comes from her leader skill not from rows or whatever, you just want a steady supply of dark orbs and some way to deal with binds when necessary, which has been made much easier with skill inheritance.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Mar 27, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

AweStriker posted:

I run AYomi / DKali / AAnubis / Okuninushi / Akechi. DKali was there for board change but since AAnubis takes care of poison and jammers, she's not really necessary. I just haven't replaced her yet. She's still my ghetto bind clearer but I usually just bring an entirely different team if I've got serious binds to worry about. She's serviceable if Okuninushi or Akechi eats a bind and I want it gone.

I'm still working on my Z8 and I need to skill up Akechi and Okuninushi.

I've got a second Akechi and I'm considering sticking him on my AYomi when we get that option on NA. Or sticking Hanzo on her. Not sure yet.

There are probably better options but I don't have them. Still really love playing AYomi.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GoodBee posted:

I run AYomi / DKali / AAnubis / Okuninushi / Akechi. DKali was there for board change but since AAnubis takes care of poison and jammers, she's not really necessary. I just haven't replaced her yet. She's still my ghetto bind clearer but I usually just bring an entirely different team if I've got serious binds to worry about. She's serviceable if Okuninushi or Akechi eats a bind and I want it gone.

I've got a second Akechi and I'm considering sticking him on my AYomi when we get that option on NA. Or sticking Hanzo on her. Not sure yet.

There are probably better options but I don't have them. Still really love playing AYomi.

If you're going to put a skill on top of a 8-turn one it better be game-changing, since you probably won't be able to use any of them again. Akechi is super-great for Yomi, pretty much custom made for her as a finisher. Hanzo, at 13 turns, is meh.

Edit: Been trying to build a mono-blue Yuna team. The (orochi+nut based) damage is crazy good but there are so very few decent subs to cover red and dark. Some people suggest BR orochi but gently caress that noise!

trucutru fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Mar 27, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

trucutru posted:

If you're going to put a skill on top of a 8-turn one it better be game-changing, since you probably won't be able to use any of them again. Akechi is super-great for Yomi, pretty much custom made for her as a finisher. Hanzo, at 13 turns, is meh.

That's good to know. I'll get off my rear end and try to max skill both.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Do I have the stuff to bother working on an Awoken Pandora team? Most of my dark stuff has prongs or enhanced orbs instead of rows.

https://www.padherder.com/user/OtherworldlyInvader/

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

OtherworldlyInvader posted:

Do I have the stuff to bother working on an Awoken Pandora team? Most of my dark stuff has prongs or enhanced orbs instead of rows.

https://www.padherder.com/user/OtherworldlyInvader/

You have Akechi and Zuoh, which are key, and bad luci is a great complement (god killer, skill bind resist, and row sweetness), you can throw some better skill, like Okuni's, on top of him. For row stuff Grisar can be farmed. Finally, you have some random devils that could be useful (maybe): Anubis, Gryps rider, Lumiel, Durga. There is also Aamir but Anubis and Lumiel are unbindable so you could put a bind removal on top of them.

So Akechi/Zuoh/Luci(w/skill)/Flex

skill-bind immune, 13+ rows, three heart makers, zuoh->pando, pando->akechi, etc.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Mar 27, 2016

Emy
Apr 21, 2009

trucutru posted:

You have Akechi and Zuoh, which are key, and bad luci is a great complement (god killer, skill bind resist, and row sweetness), you can throw some better skill, like Okuni's, on top of him. For row stuff Grisar can be farmed. Finally, you have some random devils that could be useful (maybe): Anubis, Gryps rider, Lumiel, Durga. There is also Aamir but Anubis and Lumiel are unbindable so you could put a bind removal on top of them.

So Akechi/Zuoh/Luci(w/skill)/Flex

skill-bind immune, 13+ rows, three heart makers, zuoh->pando, pando->akechi, etc.

Or sleeping beauty for bind clear.

In short: yes, awaken your pandora.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

I forgot that Grisar has 2 rows, yeah that would be pretty good.

Shadowmage
Apr 28, 2006
Sky Dragon's Domain is giving me some trouble. I assembled a healer team that I'm hoping will pull me through the whole thing.

Looking for Awoken Amaterasu friends, thanks!

Team: https://www.padherder.com/user/dzhang50/teams/#223725

ID: 313,398,387

OnceIWasAnOstrich
Jul 22, 2006

Awoken Luci is so good. I woke up this morning and thought I'd finish the challenge descends so I hop in Takeminakata and immediately notice the board looks...odd. Oh poo poo he's one of those weird tricolors without dark, thought to myself, oh well, only 50 stamina.

Not a problem as it turns out, it's only five turns and I have six dark orb producing actives ready to go. The orb hide doesn't even matter when you use Akechi on that turn (which is way better than usual because there are no wood orbs to take up space) because now all your dark orbs are enhanced so you just line up the pulsing orbs. Takeminakata himself is trivial since you brought a dark team with two god-killers against a Light/God type boss.

edit: I keep running out of Luci/Pandora friends on days where I actually use all my stamina. 304,463,294 if you have one of those up semi-regularly.

OnceIWasAnOstrich fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Mar 27, 2016

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Skilling up Elia during 3x is pretty loving great.

IF I WAS GETTING A SINGLE SKILL UP!!!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Shadowmage posted:

Sky Dragon's Domain is giving me some trouble. I assembled a healer team that I'm hoping will pull me through the whole thing.

I just woke mine on Friday and rolled through all of Skydragon and Hera like nobody's business. We're already friends, too!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Already have a few, but my alt would looove some more shiva and shivadragon friends; 363,903,452.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

On the flips use to my Elia woes, I just remembered I had 10 queen gold dragons for My Sarias. Maxed skilled one and got the 2nd to SL3. 7/10 was nice. Also maxed skilled Sumire with masks while I was at it because why not.

We should be a few days away from Ra Dragon and I'm really loving hyped to get it.

DaveWoo posted:

Cleared Challenge Level 10 with a team of A Sakuya/L Kali/Sun Quan/A Orochi/A Susano :toot:

I'll probably give this team a shot. Shiva looks like the real threat so trigger Susano before going in.

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 27, 2016

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Just cleared a set of challenge dungeons for the first time (not counting the descended challenge dungeons). 1-8 were with Verdandi, tried 9 a bunch of times and failed shamefully w/ A.Yomi (Zaerog kept absorbing dark and I couldn't keep up the healing) and A.Sakuya (not consistent enough with her to get the big damage when needed), then cleared 9-10 with A.Pandora on the first try. She made healing through Zaerog's dark absorbs on 9 easy, and has great damage control for carefully getting past Parvati on 10 while still being able to burst hard.

Based off that, I think I'll commit to hypermaxing the rest of my A.Pandora team for trying Arena (only the A.Pandora's were hypermaxed for these challenge clears). My subs were D.Valk, D/D Haku, Akechi and Pandora. I also have Zuoh, Hallraune, Loki, A.Lucifer and Prongdora available. What composition out of these would probably make for the most consistent Arena team? And would it be better to team up with another A.Pandora (which would require one sub be A.Lucifer, to deal w/ predra) or A.Lucifer? Also, how many dark resists and skill delay resists do I need?

Erogenous Beef
Dec 20, 2006

i know the filthy secrets of your heart

Shadowmage posted:

I keep a +297/max-skill A.Ammy up all the time. 317,379,359.

In fact, she'll probably become my slot-1 lead soon (sorry Set-bros) so I can start developing my Awoken Bad Luci friend list more.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005
Is there an easy way to get the Evo for awaken pandora? I'm at the god and goddess part of normal dungeon and they're just not dropping. Also please give me more Awaken Pandora friends. They're like Crack to this team. 346,704,426

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

A. Pandora turns out is pretty loving great, y'all. Cleared level 10 super easily with one. Now back to wasting my time grinding Elia.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Hmm okay. So with a shiva starter on my alt, just got to rank 50. Should I BFF a shiva/shivadog or hold off till this weekend (maybe I'll get some other ridiculous starter or something?) or should I just BFF my main account for the pal points?

I'm leaning towards waiting till the weekend and probably BFFing the awoken shiva goonfriend I have at that point.

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

silvergoose posted:

Hmm okay. So with a shiva starter on my alt, just got to rank 50. Should I BFF a shiva/shivadog or hold off till this weekend (maybe I'll get some other ridiculous starter or something?) or should I just BFF my main account for the pal points?

I'm leaning towards waiting till the weekend and probably BFFing the awoken shiva goonfriend I have at that point.

I'd just BFF your main. I love having my own BFF. Later on you can use it for self-coop.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Super Star Vault was great. Used a few stones, used the level-up from experience of a lifetime, managed another level too. Almost maxed Shivadog, did manage to max his atk.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

TheQuietWilds posted:

I'd just BFF your main. I love having my own BFF. Later on you can use it for self-coop.

It's tempting, for sure. And 200 pal points a day on my alt is actually nontrivial, I'll need to pour tons into the rare machine too for the phoenix. I guess for now just using something in the bff slot on my main might be enough, ignoring shiva entirely, to get through tons of poo poo.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

trucutru posted:

For a similar role? Zuoh, but he doesn't combo with Satsuki (he works with Hanzo). The angel2.0 (the one with the bell) and Typhon also work in that role. Otherwise Hanzo, Persephone, Okuni, Pandora, Akechi or other quality orb changers are always good. Yomi is not that selective, since most of the damage comes from her leader skill not from rows or whatever, you just want a steady supply of dark orbs and some way to deal with binds when necessary, which has been made much easier with skill inheritance.

GoodBee posted:

Once I can get everyone better kitted out (including actually getting a Z8) I could run AYomi/Satsuki/Akechi/flex/flex (with maybe ALuci subbing in) on NA (since I... still don't JP). I also have Hanzo but he and Akechi are both R>D changes which is not exactly ideal. Maybe Okuni instead of Z8 or Diza, too.

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed

Mason Dixon posted:

Based off that, I think I'll commit to hypermaxing the rest of my A.Pandora team for trying Arena (only the A.Pandora's were hypermaxed for these challenge clears). My subs were D.Valk, D/D Haku, Akechi and Pandora. I also have Zuoh, Hallraune, Loki, A.Lucifer and Prongdora available. What composition out of these would probably make for the most consistent Arena team? And would it be better to team up with another A.Pandora (which would require one sub be A.Lucifer, to deal w/ predra) or A.Lucifer? Also, how many dark resists and skill delay resists do I need?

Loki, A.Lucifer, Zuoh, Akechi for subs. Loki ensures you can burst D.Kali hard enough, Akechi is better than a third Pandora because of the orb enhance and different source colors makes it that much harder to get orb screwed, and Zuoh boards can be fixed by either Akechi or Pandora while Haku requires Akechi.

scorpiobean
Dec 22, 2004

I'll have one sugar coma drink, please.

silvergoose posted:

It's tempting, for sure. And 200 pal points a day on my alt is actually nontrivial, I'll need to pour tons into the rare machine too for the phoenix. I guess for now just using something in the bff slot on my main might be enough, ignoring shiva entirely, to get through tons of poo poo.

Look for the rare monster guerrilla dungeons too for trying to get that Phoenix. I think my AShiva team is the team I use second most and is great for somewhat mindless farming (at least compared to catte team which is my main team)

Speaking of AShiva and catte team, fuuuuuucccckkkk yyyooooouuuuu C10!!

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

scorpiobean posted:

Look for the rare monster guerrilla dungeons too for trying to get that Phoenix. I think my AShiva team is the team I use second most and is great for somewhat mindless farming (at least compared to catte team which is my main team)

Speaking of AShiva and catte team, fuuuuuucccckkkk yyyooooouuuuu C10!!

Why is Isis in that team? Nothing in C10 binds, and you probably would've won with some green prongy thing instead.

Zaras
Mar 11, 2013

Okay.
So still working on my baby account, mostly working through the late tier 5 normals and tier 2 technicals. So far I've been using my DQXQ team, but it feels like it's starting to run out of steam.

https://www.padherder.com/user/zaras/

I know nothing I have super stands out as great or even good, but I'm curious if there's some other way I'm overlooking that I can use what I got in a slightly better team.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Zaras posted:

So still working on my baby account, mostly working through the late tier 5 normals and tier 2 technicals. So far I've been using my DQXQ team, but it feels like it's starting to run out of steam.

https://www.padherder.com/user/zaras/

I know nothing I have super stands out as great or even good, but I'm curious if there's some other way I'm overlooking that I can use what I got in a slightly better team.

You should be able to keep going quite a ways with your DQXQ if you evolve your Ariel, triple TPA on top of a 16x multiplier will deal a ton of damage. You won't even need to roll the PEM for a rare mat to get her there. If you can get a LValk to replace the Mech that'll cover your green much better, and you probably want something else to replace your Vampire but I'm blanking on what a good farmable dark option is. The Shynee should also be on the chopping block because its stats are garbage, but that 3x spike is probably worth keeping it around for a while longer until you get Ariel up and running even if it only really helps your leads.

Otherwise, you have the makings of an Urd team in Urd/Tyrannos/Valen/Uriel/Echidna. Not a perfect set of subs but you should have plenty of HP thanks the to blue subcolors, a couple TPA subs for damage, and a delay to stall for orbs if necessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Rip in peace maxmurai. Didn't get invited to the last stream, and today the banner to his site (app bank) was removed from the official pad site.

People online calling for a "finally fired maxmurai event" savage af lol

• Locked thread