Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sp1r0_Agn3W posted:

i need to see that

It's on Netflix:
https://www.netflix.com/search/super?jbv=70135881&jbp=2&jbr=0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
It sucks that Billy Dee Williams didnt play Twoface in Batman Forever

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

JediTalentAgent posted:

I've yet to see the movie, but I imagine Bruce and Clark bonding over stupid similiarities in their life.

"JIM!"
"Jim?"
"Jim... Olson. He's a trusted friend and confidant."
"I... also have a Jim who is also a trusted friend and confidant."
"Oh..."

I hate to be the one to tell you this but...Jimmy Olsen is dead. He was killed on duty doing a story about an african warlord.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Apparently the Snyder script for Batman was so bad Ben rewrote 80% of his own lines and inserted a bunch of scenes that made the final cut. Given the huge difference in the Batman scenes and the rest of the movie, I wonder at what point Ben clued in pre-production this was a flaming wreck and it totally broke him. Everyone else on the press circuit is either clueless on how bad this is screening, or they're earning some serious promotion bonus spinning this pig ear on E-tv.

It will probably have a cut production run, 2 weeks on the big screens before shuffling off to WB hell.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Gaunab posted:

I hate to be the one to tell you this but...Jimmy Olsen is dead. He was killed on duty doing a story about an african warlord.

Isn't Jim Gordon dead, too?

*Superman/Batman fistbump*
"Best 'dead best buddy' buddies!"

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
From a distance, Lex looks like Lois and Senator Lady. I wonder if that's intentional.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Hal_2005 posted:

Apparently the Snyder script for Batman was so bad Ben rewrote 80% of his own lines and inserted a bunch of scenes that made the final cut. Given the huge difference in the Batman scenes and the rest of the movie, I wonder at what point Ben clued in pre-production this was a flaming wreck and it totally broke him. Everyone else on the press circuit is either clueless on how bad this is screening, or they're earning some serious promotion bonus spinning this pig ear on E-tv.

It will probably have a cut production run, 2 weeks on the big screens before shuffling off to WB hell.

synder aint write the movie, goyer and terrio did, perhaps even bigger hacks.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
never read a comic book including watchmen but I remembered liking the watchmen movie so I'm watching "the ultimate cut", it's like Lord of the rings long and has an animated subthing that keeps poppin up, and it's a pretty cool movie. it looks very cool, I heard this is because every single shot is from a picture in the graphic comic novella which is cool I guess, the effects are neat and I like the story. right now its that funny part where the nerdy owl man is so hosed up that he can't make love to the gorgeous planet unless he's in his owlsuit like a birdhero furry lol. good music choice mr snider. and I love how every comic book retard I know was always going on about how amazing Rorschach is but he's clearly not supposed to be someone you root for because he's a crazy monster hahaha fuckin nerds are garbage sometimes

anyway this is a good movie I think, as good as I seem to remember anyway and I don't get why people hate it )=

does something terrible happen soon to retroactively ruin it?

oh and they should show the booberry guy's cock more, i guess that is a place where zak snider messed up

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
lmfao I forgot about the knot top gang, my sister had a yorkie that always had a lil knot top, awesome

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Gatekeeper posted:

and I love how every comic book retard I know was always going on about how amazing Rorschach is but he's clearly not supposed to be someone you root for because he's a crazy monster hahaha fuckin nerds are garbage sometimes

Apparently Alan Moore was pretty disgusted/disappointed by all the Rorschach fanboys

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Apparently Alan Moore was pretty disgusted/disappointed by all the Rorschach fanboys

i assume a lot of rorschach fanboys, at least at first, had never heard of the question or didn't follow steve ditko into his batshit objectivist phase so they didn't realize he was a parody

iirc all of the characters were based off of ones from some no name bankrupt comic company that dc had just bought at the time (the question was one of them)

a retard fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 28, 2016

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
It was a big stupid mess of a movie but it was definitely watchable. I don't know when comic book movies had to double as a philosophy text but gently caress that. Eisenberg's performance glued this pile together. He stole every scene he was in, and no-fucks-given Batman was a nice change from the crybaby idealist Batman.

Also Wonder Woman did great with the material they gave her, but boy could I not give a poo poo about her or any of the other JL characters. Marvel does a multi-year build across tons of properties, DC has Batman watch a few real player clips of future allies.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Marvels movies arent very good either so

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
an extraterrestrial orphan gets into a slap fight with a rich, angsty orphan whose parents were violently murdered while a scantily clad spandex wearing steroid abusing feminist brutalizes others

MAYO FETISH
Feb 15, 2016
but enough about my last relationship how was the movie

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

alan moore is an insane person who worships a snake.

Hal_2005 posted:

with ben, daredevil pretty much scarred him and since he loved the character and got hosed over, so he swore off superhero roles (a lot of actors got hosed over with heroes they liked and then just swore them off, but when you get offered batman, you kinda don't pass). so it makes sense on just why he looks so absolutely miserable. he knows what a pile of poo poo it is and will be stuck with it. its kind of ironic, since has come into his own as a filmmaker/screenwriter so he knows what is good and what isn't. it isn't a surprise that basically everyone is saying the batman portion of the movie is the best part, which is probably due to him.

the only good thing is that he will get his own solo batman movie which will probably be better than anything snyder does because affleck is a far more competent director. i'm reading now that they went with zack snyder over ben affleck for man of steel. on what loving planet do you chose a guy whose film won best picture that he acted, produced and directed in over zack snyder? is zack snyder sucking someone's cock at warner brothers? loving hell.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"Instead of serving as box office kryptonite, reviewers watched helplessly as “Batman v Superman” smashed records, racking up $424.1 million globally and ensuring that the Dark Knight, the Man of Steel and a cornucopia of DC Comics’ spandexed finest will be flooding screens for years to come. "

surely everyone involved is crying themselves to sleep

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

"Instead of serving as box office kryptonite, reviewers watched helplessly as “Batman v Superman” smashed records, racking up $424.1 million globally and ensuring that the Dark Knight, the Man of Steel and a cornucopia of DC Comics’ spandexed finest will be flooding screens for years to come. "

did you actually like this piece of poo poo movie or what

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Man of Steel; The story of an alien who thinks that he can work in print media

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

Zzulu posted:

Are you telling me this crap beat Avengers

gently caress it, bring on the Trump presidency this world clearly deserves it

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

don't get me wrong, Avengers was super underwhelming like most Hero movies but it deserves to do better than this.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Let me get this straight, Batman is basically Vegeta because he is a loving super warrior alien from a dead planet; Wonder Woman is basically Android 18 because she is stronger warrior from earth. That leaves Batman as Kuririn because he is human and he suck at fighting; Alfred is Bulma, he is a sexy tech wizard in this iteration and has to keep inventing poo poo to keep Batman alive.

So who is Goku?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

gently caress it, bring on the Trump presidency this world clearly deserves it

Fury Road only made $300 million domestically. Think about that.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Shaquin posted:

Blade was the last of the good comic book movies

Ahem, Blade TWO actually.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

don't get me wrong, Avengers was super underwhelming like most Hero movies but it deserves to do better than this.

eh I fell asleep in front of the avengers, twice.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Shaquin posted:

Blade was the last of the good comic book movies

Valko posted:

.... and they were both written by David Goyer, the same guy who wrote Man of Steel and co-wrote Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice :unsmigghh:

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Valko posted:

sequels where the hero has to put aside his differences and team up with the last installment's villain are dumb.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Nah, Avenger's opening weekend was $207 million (domestically), Avengers Age of Ultron was $191m, Iron Man 3 was $174m and it looks like Batman v Superman got $170m.

Man of Steel got $116m, Deadpool got $132m and last years Fantastic Four got $25m, for comparison.

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Mar 28, 2016

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I really liked the first avengers. Second one was kinda meh

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Nah, Avenger's opening weekend was $207 million (domestically), Avengers Age of Ultron was $191m, Iron Man 3 was $174m and it looks like Batman v Superman got $170m.

Man of Steel got $116m, Deadpool got $132m and last years Fantastic Four got $25m, for comparison.

oh right they track international now to inflate failure

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

asia keeps awful movies afloat.

DoctorG0nzo
May 28, 2014

a retard posted:

i assume a lot of rorschach fanboys, at least at first, had never heard of the question or didn't follow steve ditko into his batshit objectivist phase so they didn't realize he was a parody

My cousin, who was a comic geek when Watchmen came out, once said that there's an evolution that every reader he's spoken to goes through:

When you're 15, Rorschach is the best character. When you reread in your twenties, Doctor Manhattan is the best character. And if you reread when you're forty, Nite Owl's the best character.

Anyway just so I'm not totally derailing I'm getting so much nerdrage schadenfreude from this poo poo. I was only gonna be satisfied if this movie was really good or really bad and I'm happy it's the latter

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
I don't care how old I am. I don't think I will ever think that bitch boy Niteowl is cool.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.

DoctorG0nzo posted:

My cousin, who was a comic geek when Watchmen came out, once said that there's an evolution that every reader he's spoken to goes through:

When you're 15, Rorschach is the best character. When you reread in your twenties, Doctor Manhattan is the best character. And if you reread when you're forty, Nite Owl's the best character.

Anyway just so I'm not totally derailing I'm getting so much nerdrage schadenfreude from this poo poo. I was only gonna be satisfied if this movie was really good or really bad and I'm happy it's the latter

What age do you start thinking the Comedian knew whats-what

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

frest posted:

What age do you start thinking the Comedian knew whats-what

What ever age it is right before you do a nickle upstate

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oh right they track international now to inflate failure
Yeah, the studio only gets a small fraction of the international box office so it doesn't count anywhere near as much as the domestic gross but since the international market has grown so large they like to list those numbers as well.

If we include the international numbers the list of best ever opening weekends looks like this:

code:
1 	Star Wars: The Force Awakens		 	$529.0m 	
2 	Jurassic World 					$524.9m 	
3 	Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2	$483.2m 	
4 	Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 	 	$424.1m	
5 	Furious 7 					$397.7m 	
6 	Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince 	 	$394.0m 
7 	Marvel's The Avengers 				$392.5m 	
8 	Avengers: Age of Ultron 			$392.5m 	
9 	Transformers: Dark of the Moon 			$382.4m
10 	Spider-Man 3 					$381.7m 	
11 	Iron Man 3 					$372.5m
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/world/worldwideopenings.htm

loving hell that's a lot of money :homebrew::homebrew:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Of course it was going to make a lot of goddamn money-lot's of people want to see Batman v Superman. Get caught up in the hype train, here comes two pop culture icons smashing each other to bits!!!

The real telling moment is not going to be this week, when it takes in less money (people will be watching this closely to see how much of a nosedive it takes but it really doesn't matter since it made a ton of money already) but years from now when the next movie comes out. Will it be diminishing returns or successful? That is what I am waiting on. This movie was going to be trash, involving it seems literal piss, and still break records that DC can pass off as them having made a good movie.

Also lol that in a little bit Captain America 3 comes out, and the nerd pop culture reviewers are already trying to think of a headline for the review, something to the effect of "THIS is how Superman v Batman should have been" or something like that.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Hal_2005 posted:

Where'd you read/hear that scuttlebutt on Ben's rewrite?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Domestic weekend:

It's 6th of all time. But consider this: look at the loving title of the movie. Of course this was going to happen.

With almost universal negative word of mouth, I'm really interested to see if it has a 60%> drop in the second weekend.

Remember that Ang Lee's Hulk, Daredevil, and X3 weren't bombs. But the reviews and big weekend drop off scared away the studios.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Mar 28, 2016

• Locked thread