Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Is that was remains of the radiator cap?

Looks like a piston with conrod to me.

Lurking Haro has a new favorite as of 01:09 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
I just tried to go to Target (which was closed because it was Easter Sunday) and as I sat in the parking lot I watched about a dozen different people walk up to or drive past the door as if they did not believe that the previous person walked away because it was closed. One woman on a cell phone was really not paying attention and almost walked into the door.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

I just tried to go to Target (which was closed because it was Easter Sunday) and as I sat in the parking lot I watched about a dozen different people walk up to or drive past the door as if they did not believe that the previous person walked away because it was closed. One woman on a cell phone was really not paying attention and almost walked into the door.

Where I work is closed for all federal holidays because we're a govt facility. We put out signs months in advance and people will still come in the day after the holiday and bitch about driving in and us not being open. The day after loving Christmas they did this. It did not occur to them to wonder why there was no traffic at the gate, the huge loving parking lot was empty, the lights were off, etc. They come up to the door and bang on it until the guard comes over to explain that the facility is closed for Christmas. And then the day after they come in and bitch at me for not being open, like it was my decision that we close that day and not the fact that it's a federal holiday. I'm just glad that Easter is always on a Sunday and we're not opened on Sundays so I don't have to hear that poo poo tomorrow morning.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My dad had to get a new phone because his new girlfriend's Doberman freaked out about his old phone's notification light, and proceeded to chew the poo poo out of it.

"Doberman 1, Phone 0", in his words.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Right up until people see the hallelujah scene and start laughing their balls off, yeah. Then again, that scene shows Snyder's inability as a director to really know how a movie works. Yeah, that scene was in the comic, and it had a point. But in the movie? It doesn't belong. It doesn't work. And Snyder, when faced with a choice between making a cut in something he may or may not have respected and ruining the entire product, decided he knew what was better than the audience. And was so very, very wrong.

From Snyder? Nothing. From Warner Brothers? To remove Snyder from the product altogether because he's the main liability.

The real issue is that this was the movie that was supposed to bring on the DC Cinematic Universe. That's one of the reasons DC moved from New York to the West Coast and has been floundering for a while: it was bought simply to use the characters in movies and television. So not only did Snyder gently caress up a movie, he definitely put the plans for a movie line in jeopardy, and possibly even destroyed a comic company. Even though moving DC Comics to the West Coast and engaging in a 'comics are billboards for the movie' policy that does nobody any favors. I guess that counts as schadenfreude: Snyder's attempt to bring his beloved comics to life ends up destroying one of the oldest ones still printing together. I'd find it funnier if this resulted in DC Comics going back to comics instead of being used as licensing fodder.

I'd rather watch Batman versus Superman than read this post.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
This looks like somebody tried to re-create an old Colin Furze video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8gvgISVHak

Note the tow rope, and the hood (bonnet) already removed. The lights have also all been removed, and I think the radiator, too.

This was deliberate, I think. Entertaining, but not very schadenfreude-y

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Bizarre car schadenfreude - smoke rings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHnB-BycQcc

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

What a pretty way to destroy your head gasket.

Content: I was out digging soil pits with our crew for our capstone project. These soil pits are about 2.5 feet deep, and we dug them pretty wide. While going back to fill in our pits, I wandered upon this puddle, and decided, in my water proof boots, to jump in it.

Turns out our old pit had filled with groundwater. Nothing like freezing cold snowmelt to the balls at 8 am.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dumb parents ruin easter egg hunt at the Pez visitors centre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOUJtdWgrvA

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dumb parents ruin easter egg hunt at the Pez visitors centre

I was really hoping for a fez to show up. What a letdown.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
I was really hoping for at least a few seconds of footage of actual carnage, Wal-Mart™ Black® Friday© style. Instead, two stills and some talking heads. What an utter letdown.

KIT HAGS
Jun 5, 2007
Stay sweet
E: Whoops wrong thread.

KIT HAGS has a new favorite as of 18:29 on Mar 28, 2016

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
From Imgur: someone's dog ate a scorpion

SO regretful :v:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

WOW SUCH PAIN MUCH VENOM

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

This looks like one of those misshapen taxidermys.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

"yes, I know, stop staring you jackass"

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
http://screamer.deadspin.com/a-firs...dium=socialflow

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Lurking Haro posted:

This looks like one of those misshapen taxidermys.

Here's a lion that a Swedish king had done in 1731:

The taxidermist had no idea what it was supposed to look like and used the lion in the Swedish coat of arms as a reference.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://i.imgur.com/wN4O7o3.webm

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

not_physics_majors.gif

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Pingiivi posted:

The taxidermist had no idea what it was supposed to look like and used the lion in the Swedish coat of arms as a reference.

The poor Swedish lion's life hasn't been easy. Apparently he was castrated in 2007.

:nws:Watch out! It's heraldic dong removal.:nws:

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

Pingiivi posted:

Looks like the taxidermist was a Miley Cyrus fan.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Pingiivi posted:

It's actually not too bad when you look at it from the side.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's actually not too bad when you look at it from the side.

Yea, people say that about Miley too.

lushka16
Apr 8, 2003

Doctor of Love
College Slice

I'm glad you asked!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYPp3CKTf-g

Spectral Debt
Jan 23, 2004
9999 sucka
Ouchies

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Serves him right. You shouldn't keep sharp objects on you while sparring. :shrug:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why wouldn't you pull it out before going to the hospital?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Steve Irwin tried that and look where it got him.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Steve Irwin tried that and look where it got him.

Immortalized as one of the greatest men ever killed by wet leather?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Solice Kirsk posted:

That method is ineffective

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Can anyone give an example where being impaled by an object and leaving it there until medical professionals can get a look at it is the wrong decision?

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

RareAcumen posted:

Can anyone give an example where being impaled by an object and leaving it there until medical professionals can get a look at it is the wrong decision?

Usually in films when you've been hit with an arrow/stabbed, and are a badass.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

What? No, don't do that. You could do more damage than the actual penetration if you don't know what you are doing. What if you nick an artery on the way out?

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Outside of some 127 hours poo poo, not really.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

ElGroucho posted:

What? No, don't do that. You could do more damage than the actual penetration if you don't know what you are doing. What if you nick an artery on the way out?

What if you're this guy?

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

And More posted:

What if you're this guy?

You walk carefully and with purpose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

If it was in another spot sure, but the bottom of your foot? Its like stepping on a nail.