Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Who is a good pick into Fizz mid?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Rurea posted:

Who is a good pick into Fizz mid?

Anyone who can bully early or has a CC. You force him to use his e defensively and he will never snowball.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Malzahar is a good pick into basically everything. If you specifically want to counter Fizz I bet that Zilean would be a pain in the rear end.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
So, what do I when starting playing (normal/blind pick) pvp? Do I just try to pick champions that are sort of generically good wherever? I have been playing a lot of morgana for some reason.

Also, can you really be reported for being bad? Or, I guess, what does being reported mean? Last game I played top with some dude and we both went 0/4 before surrendering, and some dude was all "report top report top." I don't even understand how the guy we were laning against was 5 levels above us.

I obviously have no idea what I'm doing. Maybe 15 co-op v AI games in?

e: I'm level 10 or something like that.

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

gvibes posted:

So, what do I when starting playing (normal/blind pick) pvp? Do I just try to pick champions that are sort of generically good wherever? I have been playing a lot of morgana for some reason.

Also, can you really be reported for being bad? Or, I guess, what does being reported mean? Last game I played top with some dude and we both went 0/4 before surrendering, and some dude was all "report top report top." I don't even understand how the guy we were laning against was 5 levels above us.

I'm in the same situation as you, played 2 PVP matches so far and I'm just ignoring anyone yelling at me and having fun learning.

No idea what getting reported would do but whatever, it can't be that bad.

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

gvibes posted:

At this point, reporting people for being bad is basically a placebo; it'll make the people doing the reporting feel better, and riot won't actually give a poo poo.

At very high levels of skill, riot MIGHT use it to detect accounts that have gotten boosted up to artificially high levels of ELO, but frankly I doubt it.

When you're playing blind pick, just pick whoever the gently caress you want to practice and don't give a poo poo. That's generally what you should be doing at all points pre-30 anyways; figure out who you like, or want to play, and pick them. It's fine.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

gvibes posted:

Just have fun and try to learn more about the game every time you play. If someone is giving you poo poo, don't worry about it! There's a mute button for a reason, they're just dicks.

You cannot be reported for being bad. Or at least, Riot will ignore reports like that.

At some point, people will start expecting you to play champions that are "supposed" to go in a certain role. But you have a ways to go, don't sweat it, play what you feel.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mottie posted:

it could be that giving a champion 25 on-hit magic damage (+2% max HP, so another 5 damage around level 9) and double attack speed at level 9 combined with rageblade means that Kog'maw melts whatever he touches even if he's not at 5.0 attack speed before 3 items.
Remember that it was a '2% or minimum 15' before, now it's closer to 10-30 (or more).
The reason his wr was low beforehand was because the W was bugged and making him do less damage than normal.

And all you need to do to be good at Kog is press W and be within 700 range of a fight so...
I guess it's time to play the void puppy again! It's the only way to find out.

I actually didn't know about the kog bug so I went with the usual suspects, especially since he hadn't been changed in 6.6 so he was still nerfed from 6.5

Glad to see I still have a free win pick bot though

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Tank Ekko top is pretty strong, once again grasp of the undying just makes all sorts of bullshit viable. Sunfire cape, frozen fist, and just do hit and run trades with the move speed from your passive as often as possible.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
sounds more fun than the current meta

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hey guys, I hate this game some times.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There were three people fighting over that dragon dude in Champion select and threatening to feed if they didn't get it, so I decided I would ban him so none of them could play him and the level of salt from all three of them was amazing. The best part was I hovered Gragas jungle at the begining even though I was going to play Ekko and they started fighting over who could gently caress me over by picking Gragas after that.

I love league of legends

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Grasp of the Undying Ekko is fun and good

So is Grasp of the Undying Nasus, with whom I took two turrets and smashed a Voli's face in last game. Though to be fair the Secret Agent Xin had an uncanny knack for also smashing Voli's face in when he overextended.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mr. Humalong posted:

You deserve to lose after not getting a sweeper in 40 minutes versus a twitch, especially as the jungler

Just saying

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Everyone in that game should be loving ashamed about something lmao

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

AHH FUGH posted:

You deserve to lose after not getting a sweeper in 40 minutes versus a twitch, especially as the jungler

Just saying

You know Sweeping Lens doesn't reveal stealthed enemies any more right?

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It reveals their outline, so while you can't directly target them it's still really useful

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Bland posted:

You know Sweeping Lens doesn't reveal stealthed enemies any more right?

The level 9 one shows you their outline

edit: god drat it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
cant you still get the pink ward trinket upgrade or am i misremembering

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

newp

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
honestly if you don't get a red trinket on your first back as a jungler you probably deserve to lose, regardless of team comp

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Allow me to briefly complain about a thing which many junglers with red trinket do that drives me loving bananas. If you find a ward with your sweeper, the ward is turned off. At least half the time you still have time to go ahead with whatever gank if you just don't stop walking. You don't have to clear the ward if the person you're about to gank is badly enough out of position just go!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

rabidsquid posted:

Allow me to briefly complain about a thing which many junglers with red trinket do that drives me loving bananas. If you find a ward with your sweeper, the ward is turned off. At least half the time you still have time to go ahead with whatever gank if you just don't stop walking. You don't have to clear the ward if the person you're about to gank is badly enough out of position just go!!

Please don't subpost me

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
What drives me even more crazy is when the jungler is sitting on a ward waiting to gank and you know he's there but he doesn't know, and your support or whatever goes over and pokes him

Like, just let him sit there and waste time man

Don't let them know there's a ward and get meaningless damage on him and waste your mana

gently caress

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
A very easy way to win a teamfight against me is to put a pink ward on my entry path because I will 100% stop to clear it instead of fighting

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
no joke I constantly try to save teammates and catch fleeing enemies by putting my blue trinket ward in front of them in hopes that they'll go "OOH SHINY" and clear it intentionally or accidentally click it

works probably 10% of the time

next level strats, let me know if you need coaching, peons

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

I guess I'm playing draven now.

AHH FUGH posted:

no joke I constantly try to save teammates and catch fleeing enemies by putting my blue trinket ward in front of them in hopes that they'll go "OOH SHINY" and clear it intentionally or accidentally click it

works probably 10% of the time

next level strats, let me know if you need coaching, peons

As someone who A-clicks 100% of the time out of reflex, this is my bane.
Also as a Jhin player, Pink Wards :argh:

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Jhins crit should do 2 damage to wards

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Man, Kog'maw is just dumb right now. He does three-item carry level damage with just a rageblade. I literally haven't played him in a year and still carried the game with him, something I could never do with old kog. Being like the only carry who can run Cull effectively without loving himself really helps him a ton with getting going ASAP.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Transient People posted:

Man, Kog'maw is just dumb right now. He does three-item carry level damage with just a rageblade. I literally haven't played him in a year and still carried the game with him, something I could never do with old kog. Being like the only carry who can run Cull effectively without loving himself really helps him a ton with getting going ASAP.

Urgot can run cull instead of dblade because his q procs on hits :smuggo:

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS
What's the best position to play urgot? I know he's seen a bit of a popularity boost in the 'Marksman' / 'Bot' role, however, I used to prefer him top with more of a ranged bruiser type or role. In team fights I wouldn't put him back line, but not too far forward so you can make use of your ultimate, so again, not a traditional marksman/adc.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009

itsjustdrew posted:

What's the best position to play urgot? I know he's seen a bit of a popularity boost in the 'Marksman' / 'Bot' role, however, I used to prefer him top with more of a ranged bruiser type or role. In team fights I wouldn't put him back line, but not too far forward so you can make use of your ultimate, so again, not a traditional marksman/adc.

Top or mid are the way to go. Unfortunately he's not bursty enough for mid or tanky enough for top, but if you have an assassin jungler/mid or bruiser top you can offset that.

He gets pretty tanky since he likes frozen heart and deaths dance, and his passive is even more free reduction. I just think he's a waste bot Lane since he can't really do traditional adc things nearly as effectively

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

itsjustdrew posted:

Definitely not bot. I play him top with muramana, maw, steraks, black cleaver, and whatever else I feel like at that point. Ult someone in a teamfight, get the AOE fear on the enemy team, waddle out with your W on and maw shield and sterak shield, then drop mad q's on people. It has been decently successful so far. Also use his R as a good escape tool if you get ganked. Nothing like landing a kill in top lane and when their jungler comes in behind you to finish it off, you ult them and just walk away.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Mr. Humalong posted:

How did anyone win this game? All ten players have atrocious stat lines (I guess except for the Zed who must have been pentakilling the enemy team for 20 minutes instead of ending the game).

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah, I was checking stats last night, and I'm hopping on the kog malz train tonight. Gonna see how far it can take me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Urgot's last claim to fame was back when Keane decided to use him for god remembers what reason on Gravity and he became FotM for a while. Then I think he got nerfed again

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
How do i play dragon guy

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
My timing is impeccable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLUjETmtW8

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Kashuno posted:

Urgot can run cull instead of dblade because his q procs on hits :smuggo:
Living in America has taught me that being confident and wrong is totally ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mikujin posted:

Living in America has taught me that being confident and wrong is totally ok.

huh. Could've sworn at some point his Q definitely proc'd on hit effects.

• Locked thread