Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sorry, if you're squeamish about eating weird looking food you need to turn in your dad card asap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Made the Fisherman's Eggs recipe as posted in the the OP. Eggs turned out over cooked so next time I think I'll do it at 450 instead of 500 degrees.

Having Easter dinner with Mom and going to make sardine appetizers - toasted baguette slices with avocado and sardines and hot sauce. She claims to not like sardines but she said she will give it a try.

Will see if sardines can be momly as well as dadly

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
White moms love avacado but don't like little fish

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
gonna eat some dines for dinner tonight

I might try to make some fisherman's eggs but that's more work than eating them straight out of the can and I'm lazy

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
throw those fishy fucks on a salad. it's low effort, zero stove work, tasty and satisfying as gently caress

save you effort for the sleep goats kimchee eating contest

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sizone posted:

throw those fishy fucks on a salad. it's low effort, zero stove work, tasty and satisfying as gently caress

save you effort for the sleep goats kimchee eating contest

yeah but I did that wednesday and friday

I want something different today

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Renegret posted:

yeah but I did that wednesday and friday

I want something different today

then don't eat dines today. like, much as it's possible to love them, too much of a good thing is still too much. go get a burger or some pussy or something.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Some day someone will post a pic of a pussy with some dines on it :unsmith:

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
the gently caress is wrong with you?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sizone posted:

?

I don't see a problem

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sizone posted:

lol

E: maybe i should clarify for all the hot and sexy goon girls profiling me for a future potential rendezvous -- I would maybe not find it real sexy to see poon covered in small fish IRL but I sure wouldn't mind seeing it in post form as that's assuredly good posting

raton fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 27, 2016

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sizone posted:

then don't eat dines today. like, much as it's possible to love them, too much of a good thing is still too much. go get a burger or some pussy or something.

Not...eat...dines??

??????

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
BEHOLD

THE THRONE OF DAD

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
No 'dines in that picture, in what looks like a prime 'dine eating workshop. -10 dad points

Pop quiz: Of the tools in that room, which would you use to open a tin of 'dines if the pull tab were to snap off?

isaboo fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 27, 2016

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pahuyuth posted:

No 'dines in that picture, in what looks like a prime 'dine eating workshop. -10 dad points

Pop quiz: Of the tools in that room, which would you use to open a tin of 'dines if the pull tab were to snap off?

WD-40

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Sheep-Goats posted:

White moms love avacado but don't like little fish

cause avocados are like pure fat but also green, so they are Good

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

pahuyuth posted:

One of the screwdrivers from the red standing tool chest the chair is aimed at

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
The bike lock hanging behind the circular saw there is my childhood bike lock and its four digit combination is my default pin code for atm machines to this day

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Sheep-Goats posted:

The bike lock hanging behind the circular saw there is my childhood bike lock and its four digit combination is my default pin code for atm machines to this day

hey I'm just curious but what's the four digit combination to that bike lock

I wanna see if it's the same as my pin code too

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I bet it's the same as mine.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
Let me guess, 1234? That's the same as my pin if it is.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Renegret posted:

hey I'm just curious but what's the four digit combination to that bike lock

I wanna see if it's the same as my pin code too

But I wrote it backwards so you can't crack the code

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I should use your PIN for my bike lock too.

Once, I locked my bike up at the train, then forgot the code when I got back. It was real bad.

e:

I ate sardines yesterday

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Currently taking a break from mowing my lawn- sitting on my mower eating a tin of Bela 'dines with my fingers and washing it all down with water straight from the garden hose.

The dude Dad abides.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Came home drunk last night and ate a Gala apple and a tin of sardines with WAY too much hot sauce. Spicy poop this AM.

PinkoBastard
Oct 3, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

Came home drunk last night and ate a Gala apple and a tin of sardines with WAY too much hot sauce. Spicy poop this AM.

Can't recall if it's been discussed elsewhere itt, but 'dines are an excellent drunk food for any otherwise-health-conscious dad. another reason to respect the :coolfish:

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Oh, I forgot to review riga gold.

they're good. Smokier than KO's and maybe a tiny bit mushier but nbd. Smaller too. Only real problem I have with them is that they're packed in straight vegetable oil which has no real flavor itself so they're not as good for just snacking from the tin, but I made some fisherman's eggs and the spinach soup and both were drat tasty. A+ will buy again when my larder is low.

sock it to me!
Feb 7, 2010
So I've got some juice left over from some peppers and some pickles, and I want to make pickled eggs. Do I just boil them, shell them, and brine them?

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry guys, I'm afraid season seafood snacks are my favorite smoked fish.

1.99 for some delicious smoked herring is just too hard to pass up. They're skinless but I still eat the dang bones

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Capoeira Capybara posted:

So I've got some juice left over from some peppers and some pickles, and I want to make pickled eggs. Do I just boil them, shell them, and brine them?

That would be the way to do it but reusing brine is a bad idea for eggs. You can make fresh and sterile brine very easily. the time consuming part is loving around with the eggs, so you're not really gaining anything much using leftover brine anyway.

Also eggs don't really quick-pickle so if that was the plan save yourself the effort. Gotta leave those shits in there for like 2 months to get any flavor

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
Also I should mention I use canning technique for p. eggs but I assume plenty of dads slop it together and survive just fine

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
was feeling really lazy today and was going out to eat but remembered i had some dines in my cupboard.

made some fishermans eggs.

as always, 500 degrees owns.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Didn't realize I had only one egg for my morning's fisherman's eggs. Base was pico de gallo, yellow bell peppers, crimini mushrooms, and King Oscars in olive oil (got them from Target on the way back from my morning gym).

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Some of you may remember that Number 1 Sexy Dad mailed me a bunch of King Oscars and other fine sardine treats a few months ago. It is now time for me to return the kindness in the only way I can:

BY MAILING THE FIRST REQUESTER SOME STRANGE FRENCH CAN FISHES! That's right, I'll mail the first taker on this offer whatever weird Canadia-land French fishes I can find. I'll PM the first taker.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Ceciltron posted:

Some of you may remember that Number 1 Sexy Dad mailed me a bunch of King Oscars and other fine sardine treats a few months ago. It is now time for me to return the kindness in the only way I can:

BY MAILING THE FIRST REQUESTER SOME STRANGE FRENCH CAN FISHES! That's right, I'll mail the first taker on this offer whatever weird Canadia-land French fishes I can find. I'll PM the first taker.

Rock on, Ceciltron. May your strange fish swim straight and true to their destination goon. I salute you.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Hi thread

I made a Costco run today and bought 4 packs of Wild Planet dines in olive oil. 6 tins per pack at 10 bucks each. I'm also gonna go to 99 Ranch to stock up on other kinds this Friday.

that's all

bye

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Hi thread

I made a Costco run today and bought 4 packs of Wild Planet dines in olive oil. 6 tins per pack at 10 bucks each. I'm also gonna go to 99 Ranch to stock up on other kinds this Friday.

that's all

bye

That's a whole mess of dines

Someone take Cecil up on his offer, I don't want to as thread poster, as that would be sleazy

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
I came home to find my eldest eating my Belas. This will not stand.

My goddamn kids eat everything in sight and they too like sardines but goddammit they will NOT eat MY 'dines. So, I have taken drastic measures... I now have 4 tins in my car, 4 tins in my desk at work, 4 in my locker at my gym, and several hidden throughout the house and garage. My hellspawn have now been told that their 'dine rations are IN THE CUPBOARD AND NOWHERE ELSE. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. gently caress you, spawn of mine. Get the hell away from my little canned fishies. I will fight you and win.

I mean I love my kids generally but some most days I love my sardines more.

I think I have problem am I still an OK Dad????

naem
May 29, 2011

pahuyuth posted:

I came home to find my eldest eating my Belas. This will not stand.

My goddamn kids eat everything in sight and they too like sardines but goddammit they will NOT eat MY 'dines. So, I have taken drastic measures... I now have 4 tins in my car, 4 tins in my desk at work, 4 in my locker at my gym, and several hidden throughout the house and garage. My hellspawn have now been told that their 'dine rations are IN THE CUPBOARD AND NOWHERE ELSE. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. gently caress you, spawn of mine. Get the hell away from my little canned fishies. I will fight you and win.

I mean I love my kids generally but some most days I love my sardines more.

I think I have problem am I still an OK Dad????

:swoon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just made a midnight fisherman's eggers. stank so good.