Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
Ludwigs holy blade was in the game since the beginning but Ludwig from the dlc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

Paper Triangle posted:

am i supposed to be able
to buy ludwigs sword before ever encountering him? seems weird. also whats the insight threshhold to see the cool poo poo?
uhhh theres a bunch of different insight thresholds but main one is 20

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I've decided I'm gonna do a skilltinge build, I haven't decided on who I'm modeling my character after though

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm doing mine off Alucard

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Maybe I'll grab the constable set and play as Rufus Sewell's character in Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ah

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

SciFiDownBeat posted:

Maybe I'll grab the constable set and play as Rufus Sewell's character in Abraham Lincoln vampire hunter

U could be the witchfinder general

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think you could put together a pretty good captain kronos cosplay if you wanted to base it off a movie that wasn't unmitigated trash

I.N.R.I posted:

U could be the witchfinder general

this too

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
anyway, just wrapped up my SKL/BLT character. orphan went down fairly quickly - i actually got him to a quarter of his lifebar before he transformed because i kept baiting him into attacks and punishing him at 50% (which is where he usually does it). the second half of the fight was really sloppy, but it got the job done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwUT9Ve7Bds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I found orphan phase 2 really tough with the Chikage. Felt good to beat him with a backstab

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Where should I start?

Watch the anime first and then read the manga.

There should be an imp zone anime thread lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

There should be an imp zone anime thread lol

you're in it baby!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

ahahaahaha look a t this nerd how doesn't know that jojo's and dark souls are referencing the classic emmerson lake and palmer album tarkus and the iconic album cover depicting an iron armadillo tank

lmao

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i think you could put together a pretty good captain kronos cosplay if you wanted to base it off a movie that wasn't unmitigated trash

but my movie literacy consists only of unmitigated trash, sir

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i just got to logarius' wheel and ludwig in berserk. badass.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Miyazaki has never made a huge loving book into a weapon, which berserk has made me realize i would enjoy

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I still haven't beaten Amygdala in Defiled Chalice. She always one shots me when I get to her third form. Spent two hours tonight trying. gently caress. YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
she's hard. i put a lot of attempts into her at first, and then it clicked, and i can do it relatively easily now with a few tricks. do you want advice, or no?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i cheese her by just swinging at her feet and baiting those weak stomps in phase 2-3. you better have dodging the jump attack down to a science though cause she'll also get pissed and spam that

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
thats sort of like playing a mgs5 mission with the chicken hat on though really.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

she's hard. i put a lot of attempts into her at first, and then it clicked, and i can do it relatively easily now with a few tricks. do you want advice, or no?

Sure but I probably already know it. If it involves the jump cheese, they fixed that in her final form.

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

I finally got the DLC and I now firmly consider this The Best Game. Boom hammer, whirligig, moonlight, simon, rakuyo, bloodletter... *whistles*

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Im doing a playthrough that i started by beelining to Amelia -> Cainhurst for the reiterpallasch. This weapon is so drat pimp. I never knew how much better old yharnam and hemwick look after nightfall either, i'd always done them first.

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
I kinda want to do a church pick run, but doing early enough to be worthwhile seems painful

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I thought the boom hammer was kind of underwhelming in design*

*compared to the other weapons in BB, not in general

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

I can understand that. At the same time, it is a hammer that explodes when you swing it and this speaks to me on a deep level

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sure but I probably already know it. If it involves the jump cheese, they fixed that in her final form.

the way that i typically handle phase 3 is by staying about mid-range to her, and dodging her swipes until she does the donkey kong slam. at that point run into where her head will be drooping and whale away on it. the hitboxes for her fists are all mid to long range, so if you roll and dodge properly you'll be safe. if you have ranged, then you'll probably be able to cripple her head, and will be getting enough damage per swing to almost kill her with one successful combo. otherwise, i find staying at her feet sort of sucks and is reliant too much on luck. i just got down the timing on rolling as she's about to hit the ground, which is when the hitboxes for that attack appear.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Zom Aur posted:

I kinda want to do a church pick run, but doing early enough to be worthwhile seems painful

It's a lot more doable if you run through a bunch of the chalices to gain some levels and better gems. The worst part imho is getting the church pick and then being way too overpowered for the non-DLC stuff that you have to return to

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

the way that i typically handle phase 3 is by staying about mid-range to her, and dodging her swipes until she does the donkey kong slam. at that point run into where her head will be drooping and whale away on it. the hitboxes for her fists are all mid to long range, so if you roll and dodge properly you'll be safe. if you have ranged, then you'll probably be able to cripple her head, and will be getting enough damage per swing to almost kill her with one successful combo. otherwise, i find staying at her feet sort of sucks and is reliant too much on luck. i just got down the timing on rolling as she's about to hit the ground, which is when the hitboxes for that attack appear.

I'll try that. It takes like 10 minutes for me to even get to her third form.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I still haven't beaten Amygdala in Defiled Chalice. She always one shots me when I get to her third form. Spent two hours tonight trying. gently caress. YOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5beELNry1Xc

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'll try that. It takes like 10 minutes for me to even get to her third form.

good luck. i hope that it works for you. do you have any ranged damage at all? that makes the fight a bit easier.

Dec 26, 2012

SciFiDownBeat posted:

it's pretty fun once you get a feel for it but it doesnt seem very good

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ffinaly got my chikage going, logarius atl ow soul levels was cool as poo poo. takes a bit to get usedt o espcially after how fast the blades of mercy are but the moveset seems cool

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

ffinaly got my chikage going, logarius atl ow soul levels was cool as poo poo. takes a bit to get usedt o espcially after how fast the blades of mercy are but the moveset seems cool

Try attacking a dog with it in blood form to feel its true power

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

HolePisser1982 posted:

It's a lot more doable if you run through a bunch of the chalices to gain some levels and better gems. The worst part imho is getting the church pick and then being way too overpowered for the non-DLC stuff that you have to return to
thats a very good point, maybe its better to try it on a different character on ng+

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think I've ever even equipped the church pick

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

sector_corrector posted:

good luck. i hope that it works for you. do you have any ranged damage at all? that makes the fight a bit easier.

I have a +9 whip

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Good idea but my arcane is like 4

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
doing melee only is going to make her tougher. also, the extra damage from making your whip a full +10 is going to help a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

Try attacking a dog with it in blood form to feel its true power

i love this bug