Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

LA team as water god hero is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Probably Magic posted:

Please do not compare known cool hero Batman to known evil franchise The Spurs for my health, thank you and have a blessed day.

That Mavs one worked really well, though.

The Spurs own, Batman owns. Checks all the boxes.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Thing as the Knicks works on the extra level that, as an NYC native, he's probably a Knicks fan too :allears:

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Please do not refer to the NBA, it hurts the feelings of the Seattle culture. 150 years of culture respect it.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

Please do not refer to the NBA, it hurts the feelings of the Seattle culture. 150 years of culture respect it.

That's some aged cheese right there, bruh.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

effectual posted:

Didn't realize a walked into a salt mine

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I think Philly should have been Daredevil more than Cleveland. They certainly play like they are blind.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
What's the deal with the 76ers anyway? I've never seen a professional sports franchise tank this hard, especially not intentionally.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Didn't realize a walked into a salt mine

All the slave owners should have tipped you off. :whip:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fenrir posted:

What's the deal with the 76ers anyway? I've never seen a professional sports franchise tank this hard, especially not intentionally.
I dont follow the NBA at all and I feel like I have randomly heard about the 76ers tanking for like 4 years straight. Like...being the Browns but on purpose?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
In the nba the easiest way to become a title contender is to draft a star. The sixers have implored a very extreme strategy to be able to get that star. They have been screwed by the lottery system these passed two years but they may have a star in the myth known as Joel Embiid. Once they have their star they will build around him with the ridiculous amount of assets they have.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Fenrir posted:

The quants took over. The fate of the 76ers will settle once and for all whether analytics are good.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The quants took over. The fate of the 76ers will settle once and for all whether analytics are good.

:iiam:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Metapod posted:

In the nba the easiest way to become a title contender is to draft a star. The sixers have implored a very extreme strategy to be able to get that star. They have been screwed by the lottery system these passed two years but they may have a star in the myth known as Joel Embiid. Once they have their star they will build around him with the ridiculous amount of assets they have.

They want to trade Okafor lol

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Metapod posted:

Oh, come on, Metapod, we both know Joel Embiid's not real. :rolleyes:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Oh, come on, Metapod, we both know Joel Embiid's not real. :rolleyes:

For real, that's almost a Star Wars Name

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
The official Farthouse tablet is dead. :rip:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I think having to Photoshop my stupid face is what finally killed it. Sorry Dave.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Wait the NBA draft has a lottery system?

lol

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol

It's the only thing us Kings fans have to look forward to

And we constantly lose at that, too :smith:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Joey Freshwater posted:

lol

It's supposed to discourage tanking. Supposed to.

Still better than the old envelope system though

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Intruder posted:

It's supposed to discourage tanking. Supposed to.
Instead it encourages multiple teams to tank

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
This is what happens when I make a comic in MS Paint with a mouse

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/ms-paint-n-manning/

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Febreeze posted:

Why didn't you tell us about the Patreon?

Might finally have to do one of these

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why didn't you tell us about the Patreon?

Might finally have to do one of these

I didn't want to seem like I was asking for money on the forums. Plus I posted it everywhere else, DO YOU NOT FOLLOW ME MEL MUDKIPER?

PLUS NOW EVERYONE KNOWS ANYWAY

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Mar 31, 2016

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

I didn't want to seem like I was shilling for money on the forums. Plus I posted it everywhere else, DO YOU NOT FOLLOW ME MEL MUDKIPER?

I follow no man :colbert:

But seriously real talk it never occurred to me to follow you on twitter or anything since, y'know, I just see you on the forums all the time

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I follow no man :colbert:

But seriously real talk it never occurred to me to follow you on twitter or anything since, y'know, I just see you on the forums all the time

this

edit: even after these forums die, you're famous enough, I'll find you.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

hey febreeze remember when you would just post random doodles in n/v threads and people were like "lol" and you were all "thx"

i do and it's still cool to see how far things have come and you are now the god emperor of uproxx and making money doing farts

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Jesus Christ now I need to set up a PayPal too?

This poo poo is forcing me to register for all sorts of stuff everyone else has but I never bothered with.

Enjoy your money you bohemian you

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

Febreeze posted:

Are you friends with any other internet comic folks? I don't know of many (any?) other sports-related internet comic folks but sometimes some of the other internet comics I read do "guest week" style stuff where other artists do their comic for a week but using their own style instead. Just a thought, but I am interested in all these alternative-method-of-production comics coming our way :getin:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Jesus Christ now I need to set up a PayPal too?

This poo poo is forcing me to register for all sorts of stuff everyone else has but I never bothered with.

Enjoy your money you bohemian you

Aww thanks. That level of pledge gets you a reward. The reward is your favorite player drawn telling you that you are awesome.

When do you want your Tebow

No Safe Word posted:

Are you friends with any other internet comic folks? I don't know of many (any?) other sports-related internet comic folks but sometimes some of the other internet comics I read do "guest week" style stuff where other artists do their comic for a week but using their own style instead. Just a thought, but I am interested in all these alternative-method-of-production comics coming our way :getin:

Not really. When I started out I tried to "get in" with the comics crowd and network there, but I think most comic artists don't like sports, and I've ended up networking myself into the "sportswriter sphere" far more than the webcomic artist one. At this point I see myself as a sportswriter/blogger with an artistic bent than a webcomic man.

Also Chrome has a lego app

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/715583838211080192

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I gave you some money dave and will continue to do so because TDP is cool and good

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Febreeze posted:

Aww thanks. That level of pledge gets you a reward. The reward is your favorite player drawn telling you that you are awesome.

When do you want your Tebow

I am tempted to have you do Jack Lambert just to see what happens.

True fact, I have a friend who has spent hundreds on Star Citizen and I just sent him your link with the message "since you seem to like wasting money..."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I really enjoy your stuff, I was flattered to be used in your comic, and frankly you've been a genuine dude since I've known you (both here and on fscebook). The moment I get done with my move to Colorado and see how much I have left in terms of funds, I'll throw money your way. Gimme a few weeks.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I get paid on Monday and will contribute something, just because you turned my garbage joke about Eli's skeletons in the closet into a comic :allears:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I will give money at some indeterminate point. All but 1 of the avatars I have bought have been yours, the others have been forced against my will. This one is neat though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I will give money at some indeterminate point. All but 1 of the avatars I have bought have been yours, the others have been forced against my will. This one is neat though.

You either really pissed off some hockey guy or some hockey guy just really loves buying you avatars.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
It is true that I am hoppin mad

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

When I find the fucker who keeps adding Sad Jordan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

When I find the fucker who keeps adding Sad Jordan

That was honestly one of the funniest things I had seen.

• Locked thread