Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Genocyber posted:

Joining Rosaria's Fingers makes the knight lady upset with you which prevents you form joining the covenant via her. But you can still access that covenant through another NPC: at the Anor Londo staircase, set it to its lower setting, and then walk off the top exit onto an invisible path.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm terrible at boss fights with multiple enemies. gently caress you Pontiff! I spent seven embers and probably two dozen attempts on this guy, but drat what a fun fight. I really liked his gimmick, once I figured it out, that he copies what the phantom does on a roughly two second delay.

Anyone know what's with the phantoms in Winter Anor Londo?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

They thought item descriptions saying "these characters left this place" weren't enough or something.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

gently caress the Irythill Catacombs and its goddamn screaming corpses

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

NeuroticLich posted:

I'm terrible at boss fights with multiple enemies. gently caress you Pontiff! I spent seven embers and probably two dozen attempts on this guy, but drat what a fun fight. I really liked his gimmick, once I figured it out, that he copies what the phantom does on a roughly two second delay.

Anyone know what's with the phantoms in Winter Anor Londo?

That's the Aldritch Faithful, it's their duty to crack heads and keep undesirables like you out of town. Go way of blue and take them on with your horde of phantoms. Use a dried finger and watch the world burn

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Boomstick Quaid posted:

That's the Aldritch Faithful, it's their duty to crack heads and keep undesirables like you out of town. Go way of blue and take them on with your horde of phantoms. Use a dried finger and watch the world burn

Or summon a crap ton of purple phantoms and hope that they like you.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'm gonna be hellof mad if they dont fix it b/c quality builds are way duller than phys/magic hybrids for the same points

I can't wait to finally do my artificer playthrough, now that Soul Memory is no longer a concern and Exploding Bolts exist.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

So I made my second character, a pyromancer. I am apparently stupid though, and can not locate the first pyromancer trainer. He is supposedly in a cage on some rooftops? I am near the rooftop with the undead that gets all black and tentically, and am unsure where to find him.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Filthy Monkey posted:

So I made my second character, a pyromancer. I am apparently stupid though, and can not locate the first pyromancer trainer. He is supposedly in a cage on some rooftops? I am near the rooftop with the undead that gets all black and tentically, and am unsure where to find him.

He's in a barrel on a roof in undead settlement

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Boomstick Quaid posted:

He's in a barrel on a roof in undead settlement

It's not a barrel. It's a cage, but yeah it is in undead settlement. I want to say he is in the little cluster of buildings in the middle of the zone. If you leave the crotchrot tree room and go down the big staircase, there's another set of stairs ahead and to the right. Go up there, find the hidden bonfire by jumping to a little ledge below the bridge up there. Then, from the bonfire you just go up some stairs onto the rooftops, kill the molotov guys (3 total) and just explore that whole ledge area there. Pretty sure that's it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So what is the trick to sequence breaking? I assume it's spawning the Dancer fight early? How do you do that, kill Emma, or is it more complex than that? Is it a bug or intentional?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Nakar posted:

So what is the trick to sequence breaking? I assume it's spawning the Dancer fight early? How do you do that, kill Emma, or is it more complex than that? Is it a bug or intentional?

Wondering myself. I have seen Japanese runners speak highly of the Assassin starting with a safe-fall ish spell though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Is there another path somewhere besides the sequence that leads to the tombs? I'm kinda annoyed by that area for now. I'm playing Jpn PS4 so I'm not sure if the actual names of areas. I keep seeing a Crystal sage mentioned but I haven't killed him.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Mr E posted:

Is there another path somewhere besides the sequence that leads to the tombs? I'm kinda annoyed by that area for now. I'm playing Jpn PS4 so I'm not sure if the actual names of areas. I keep seeing a Crystal sage mentioned but I haven't killed him.

Sage takes you to an area and boss required to progress into the game, it's on a set path where you need to do everything until that seventh zone.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mr E posted:

I missed him too. Head to the start of the marsh zone and hug the left wall until you find some ruins, and head in there.

e: Man, I'm 20 hours in and I've only fought 8 bosses (unless I forgot one): Gundyr, Vordt, Greatwood, Crystal Sage, Deacons, Farron, Wolnir, and Pontiff. I have to say, all these bosses have had really amazing gimmicks that blow the rest of the series out of the water. Wolnir is probably the coolest boss ever. Only problem is that Bloodborne trained me so well that I haven't died to any boss yet :(

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 28, 2016

Small and Blue
Apr 24, 2008
Invasions in this game can be really fun when they work but holy poo poo it drives me up the wall sometimes how literally every single person has 2-3 phantoms with them and they still don't actually advance through the level. Or if they do they will carefully pull every single enemy individually with a bow before fighting it.

I've had maybe 3-4 invasions where the host was alone so I know it can happen but goddamn. Do japanese players just literally always co-op?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Nakar posted:

Kill Emma. It's not a bug and you can only go as far as the archives door. You can get large titanite and chunks there but you might gently caress yourself out of pvp matchmaking if you use them that early.

The dual straight swords won't be there either. :smith:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

lets hang out posted:

hosed up if true.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Small and Blue posted:

Invasions in this game can be really fun when they work but holy poo poo it drives me up the wall sometimes how literally every single person has 2-3 phantoms with them and they still don't actually advance through the level. Or if they do they will carefully pull every single enemy individually with a bow before fighting it.

I've had maybe 3-4 invasions where the host was alone so I know it can happen but goddamn. Do japanese players just literally always co-op?

They loving LOVE their co-op. I've seen literally one person alone, and I think that's just because they hadn't had a chance to summon anyone yet. Take advantage of the phantoms dogpiling you by picking a weapon with a wide range, and try to guide them through chokepoints and hit them all in one fell swoop. The bleed resin is really useful too.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Also if you do do it early, the prices for everything will be raised afterward.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Nakar posted:

I think you can just kill Emma from the start to access the Dancer and Lothric Castle. IIRC I've also heard about a few skips that have been discovered. Plus Spook/fall reduction ring is apparently stupid good, allowing you to survive pretty much any fall that doesn't have a killbox in it apparently.

lets hang out posted:

Kill Emma. It's not a bug and you can only go as far as the archives door. You can get large titanite and chunks there but you might gently caress yourself out of pvp matchmaking if you use them that early.

I killed Emma before reaching Yhorm, but having killed Farron and Aldritch, and I got the swords after killing the armor.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

^ huh I dunno then. The body with the key and swords wasn't there for me when I did it at the very beginning of ng+

Funnest place to red eye orb is in the zones with defense covenants since it's almost guaranteed to turn into a 3 or 4 way clusterfuck and at least you won't have the host and his 3 friends all dogpiling on just you.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Just defeated the Deacons of the Deep and I guess this is an optional boss? Don't see any exit from the room other than where I came from? Also, wasn't there supposed to be a covenant around here?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Funkmaster General posted:

Just defeated the Deacons of the Deep and I guess this is an optional boss? Don't see any exit from the room other than where I came from? Also, wasn't there supposed to be a covenant around here?

There should be some NPCs hanging around the thrones at Firelink that'll give you advice. The covenant involves taking the elevator near the second shortcut door.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Small and Blue posted:

Souls Games are the non-Monster Hunter clone games of MH fans in Japan, so yes.

Genocyber posted:

I think you can just kill Emma from the start to access the Dancer and Lothric Castle.

This is the sound of me starting up a new alt and summoning lowbies into a surprise :getin:
e: :drat: people die so quickly! Lv18, wish a trick could be figured out for cheesing it, I wanna find a way to take that a boss shortly after out with ease and early

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Mar 28, 2016

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.
Well I touched the bonfire and it warped me somewhere with great ceremony so I guess I'm near/at the end of the game. I had to take a break right after warping because I've been playing for too long. I did have to summon for Goldie and the Kid because I kept running out of MP. I could have used Magic Weapon but goddamnit I don't play sorcerer to melee poo poo. :argh:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I just watched a stream that had a particular boss. It was Lothric(?) after the two dragons, and the boss in question has a lightning axe and shield and some kind of veiny creature in the background bombards the stage as the fight goes on. My question is: Do you get that sweet outfit and weapon when you kill it, because that looked awesome and I will build for that weapon in a heartbeat.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

From reddit, questline for our Michelin Man Onion Knight friend:
So I think I finished the Siegward quest, but wanted to make sure no one else found anything further.

Meet Siegward on the lift in the undead settlement and find him midway up the tower. Fight and defeat the firey demon to get siegbrau and a couple of emotes.
Do the patches questline to buy Siegwards armor back for him, and find him stuck in a well outside the Cleansing Chapel. Give him his armor and he'll thank you.
Find him in the kitchen area leaving the sewers of Irithyll. He'll give you more Siegbrau and talk about a promise he made.
Find him trapped in a cell in the Irithyll dungeon. Grab the jailbreakers key and jump off some stairs above a church like building into a window to open his cell. He'll give you his thanks and a titanite slab.
Fight Yhorm, and Siegward will charge in with a Storm Ruler of his own. Defeat the boss and he'll thank you for helping him keep his promise and give you another Siegbrau.
Warp out then back and find his armor, shield, and storm ruler at the entrance to the boss room. Read the Storm Ruler for extra feels.

Better storylines and character development in DS3 than most $60 western developed games but that isn't saying much :v:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

So are any of the items in the obligatory lava pit worth swimming for? I remember them generally not being in previous games.

Lotish posted:

So I just watched a stream that had a particular boss. It was Lothric(?) after the two dragons, and the boss in question has a lightning axe and shield and some kind of veiny creature in the background bombards the stage as the fight goes on. My question is: Do you get that sweet outfit and weapon when you kill it, because that looked awesome and I will build for that weapon in a heartbeat.

Dunno about the armor, but you can get the sword or the shield with its soul. So you're looking at late NG+ minimum for the full getup.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

MrLonghair posted:

From reddit, questline for our Michelin Man Onion Knight friend:
He can actually die on that first step too, if you aren't careful. Can't go too slowly while killing that enemy. He will drop all of his stuff, including the sword and armor.

The Moon Monster posted:

So are any of the items in the obligatory lava pit worth swimming for? I remember them generally not being in previous games.
If I remember correctly, there is a combination miracle catalyst/pyro hand in there. Could be handy.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

There's a pyro/miracle casting talisman.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Genocyber posted:

There's a pyro/miracle casting talisman.

Me likey

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Filthy Monkey posted:

If I remember correctly, there is a combination miracle catalyst/pyro hand in there.

poo poo. How do I reach it? Got flash sweat and the lot. Got the path to that lower smaller lavapit that's behind a secret wall and all, it's that one treasure left for me to get in there, farthest away. Need accelerated running or smth.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Small and Blue posted:

Yes, lol. Its a thing with them

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Faith now sounds really cool if miracles worked.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Faith now sounds really cool if miracles worked.

IM amped to do a faith build.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

IM amped to do a faith build.

I lust for the dark weapon miracle and gnaw, a miracle that shoots out swarms of bugs that eat up on your foes.

Anyone find caitha's chime yet?

Boomstick Quaid fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 29, 2016

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

The giant doesn't want to be my friend :(. Is the iron mask making him mad :(

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Boomstick Quaid posted:

I lust for dark weapon and gnaw, a miracle that shoots out swarms of bugs that eat up on your foes

I lust for Corpse Explosion, that's as close it'll get to Karmic Justice I guess.

e: making an FTH character ahead of the patch that fixes scaling, wanna make it my dedicated sunbroer goodguy

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Harrier
Apr 19, 2007
GET READY!!!!
Have people figured out how the hollowing mechanic works in this game yet? It seems to just be cosmetic, but is there more to it than this? I was afflicted with the dark sigil and began to hollow, but cured it with the fire keeper's soul. This didn't reverse my hollowing, but I no longer become more hollow each time I die. Is there an item I can use to reverse hollowing?

• Locked thread