Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Balance changes not coming out with the new level cap means that a Qui Gon Jinn leader should be quite monstrous for at least a period of time.

There are actually a lot of interesting changes/enhancements to abilities between 70 and 80 and I'm pretty hyped if a little concerned about my credit supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

it'll probably take 2 days at least to go up to 71 etc, so you're looking at close to a month just to hit 80. I don't think credits will be a problem.

They'll scale the cost to the energy of the xp. No matter how long it'll take I bet it's about as much credits as 6 chars 7 at the most going 70-80.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

So uh yeah. I guess this is where things are headed.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

What a terrible deal, you only get the easiest gear and levels.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

MarcusSA posted:

Nobody will buy those, they are such a bad deal that anyone but complete newbs will laugh and keep their wallets closed.

cheese sandwich
Feb 9, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Lol came to post exactly this

Doesn't even come with shards or a star level, I had everything I needed to take her past that point already without coughing up the cash. Thanks for the thought though I guess EA

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Oh boy, got 4 million in the bank, with 7* promotion for ahsoka, 6* for barris and res pilot, 5* for old Ben etc coming up :shepicide:

Hopefully better off than a lot of dudes in the <200 bracket though. GW is going to get... "Interesting".

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

Getting from 1 to 40 costs ~130 thousand credits.
Droid requirement to get to lvl 40 is ludicrously low.
Getting from gear 1 to VI costs... like 200 energy? Because lets be real, you've got the poo poo in your inventory to go from 1-5 1/2

Edit:

For 10 dollars you can buy enough crystals to purchase 1,050,000 credits from data cards with 150 crystals leftover.(That's 3 50's or 1 100 and 1 50... with all of the sim tickets that go with it)

This "deal" is hilarious, and I can't believe how nakedly obvious it is that they put no thought into how they monetize in-game items.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Mar 26, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
QGJ/lum/eeth/JC/Asoka is a pretty good team that gets me through all GW reliably.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

cowofwar posted:

QGJ/lum/eeth/JC/Asoka is a pretty good team that gets me through all GW reliably.

Yeah I was going to post this. Asoka is really great for GW. I'm glad I 7*d her.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Changed arena squad to phasma/ig86/sid/lum/kylo and it's doing well. Targeting sid led teams as they appear to be the weakest right now.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Yeah mine is still, but I am building a Mace (lead), Yoda, Ahsoka, Lumi and QGJ full Jedi killer team which I am certain will dominate after the speed meta nerf and I base that on absolutely nothing :v:

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

That "deal" is so loving :lol::lol:

Maybe if they did a daily shard selector like Future Fight I'd actually spend money on this pile of dog poo poo

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

Getting from 1 to 40 costs ~130 thousand credits.
Droid requirement to get to lvl 40 is ludicrously low.
Getting from gear 1 to VI costs... like 200 energy? Because lets be real, you've got the poo poo in your inventory to go from 1-5 1/2

Edit:

For 10 dollars you can buy enough crystals to purchase 1,050,000 credits from data cards with 150 crystals leftover.(That's 3 50's or 1 100 and 1 50... with all of the sim tickets that go with it)

This "deal" is hilarious, and I can't believe how nakedly obvious it is that they put no thought into how they monetize in-game items.

Uh, that's 12 pounds, so closer to $20? I dunno, I don't keep up with currencies, Google says $17.

What I'm saying is that this is a much worse deal than you think.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
The only people that could conceivably buy that are people who are just starting out and don't know any better, which seems like a good way to piss off potential new players once they realize what they wasted their money on.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

The only people that could conceivably buy that are people who are just starting out and don't know any better, which seems like a good way to piss off potential new players once they realize what they wasted their money on.

Exactly. The more that I've played Future Fight, the more I get about what Zotix was always saying. For $11, over a month you get one hero from 1* to 6* (max - or partially star a bunch of heroes) and about 2200 crystals, which you get a lot out of. The economy behind SWGoH is just ridiculous. On the plus side, I don't feel the least bit tempted to spend more money.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Exactly. The more that I've played Future Fight, the more I get about what Zotix was always saying. For $11, over a month you get one hero from 1* to 6* (max - or partially star a bunch of heroes) and about 2200 crystals, which you get a lot out of. The economy behind SWGoH is just ridiculous. On the plus side, I don't feel the least bit tempted to spend more money.

That's their entire problem, people who aren't whales see no reason to keep spending money.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Chilichimp posted:

That's their entire problem, people who aren't whales see no reason to keep spending money.

Which is, I guess, a good thing assuming you still enjoy the game. A F2P game without temptation of spending money but you still want to spend time with is really the ideal situation.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

On the plus side I went 5/5 with my new team over the day without loosing any challenges ending at 2 starting at 37.

Dooku lead
QGJ
FOTP
Rey
Poe

I went out of my way to fight other Poe teams something I never would before.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Jibo posted:

Which is, I guess, a good thing assuming you still enjoy the game. A F2P game without temptation of spending money but you still want to spend time with is really the ideal situation.

I'm still mostly living off the sunk cost fallacy thingamajig. I've put so much time (and fortunately only a little bit of money) into this game, that I don't want to stop. I also keep thinking that a better game is just around the corner.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I'm still mostly living off the sunk cost fallacy thingamajig. I've put so much time (and fortunately only a little bit of money) into this game, that I don't want to stop. I also keep thinking that a better game is just around the corner.

I kind of want to stop playing, but... idk.

Maybe spaceships will make it alright. I might stop once I've caught all of the hard mode only toons... which is mostly what I spend my energy on these days.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Chilichimp posted:

I kind of want to stop playing, but... idk.

Maybe spaceships will make it alright. I might stop once I've caught all of the hard mode only toons... which is mostly what I spend my energy on these days.

Yeah, I'm trying to farm RG, Rey, FOTP, Daka, and Ewok Elder, and I just got Poe to 6* so I'll probably leave him there for awhile, put that energy into stun cuffs instead. I've probably got 3 months on RG, so I'm not too worried about running out of HM nodes anytime soon. I also kinda want Anakin and Ahsoka, but I want to see how many materials I need to grind out for G8/G9 first, and what kind of heroes we can farm in the level 8 missions.

E: Someone posted a big spreadsheet on reddit/the forums about how to get yourself to level 80 the fastest. They basically recommend putting your crystals into stored energy so that when the patch comes out, you can rush to 72 pretty quickly and get in on those sweet challenges. Honestly, I only think it will speed up getting to those challenges by a day or two, but if you want to sperg out, be my guest. I intend to keep getting gear and shards.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4c5vob/whenhow_much_to_stockpile_and_when_will_you_hit/

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Mar 27, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I was doing well hoarding credits but now I have a bunch all sharding up at the same time. Need 2.5m lol.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to farm RG, Rey, FOTP, Daka, and Ewok Elder, and I just got Poe to 6* so I'll probably leave him there for awhile, put that energy into stun cuffs instead. I've probably got 3 months on RG, so I'm not too worried about running out of HM nodes anytime soon. I also kinda want Anakin and Ahsoka, but I want to see how many materials I need to grind out for G8/G9 first, and what kind of heroes we can farm in the level 8 missions.

E: Someone posted a big spreadsheet on reddit/the forums about how to get yourself to level 80 the fastest. They basically recommend putting your crystals into stored energy so that when the patch comes out, you can rush to 72 pretty quickly and get in on those sweet challenges. Honestly, I only think it will speed up getting to those challenges by a day or two, but if you want to sperg out, be my guest. I intend to keep getting gear and shards.
https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4c5vob/whenhow_much_to_stockpile_and_when_will_you_hit/

They nerfed this a bit, as the reserve energy is capped at a certain point, but you can certainly do that.

I personally think it would be a crime to miss that many days of hard mode farming.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
Do we know anything about starships? I'm 7*ing Biggs just because it's the only one that says it has synergistic qualities plus ease of shard farming.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Aadoniel posted:

Do we know anything about starships? I'm 7*ing Biggs just because it's the only one that says it has synergistic qualities plus ease of shard farming.

Nope.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Phasma/lum/daka/dooku/ig86 is another quality squad that I used for the latter half of GW today.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Got my waifu Ahsoka up to 70 but she's kind of disappointing at 4*/GL VII. Does she improve much with more star levels? Working on a Jedi GW team and the Yoda thing

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

Got my waifu Ahsoka up to 70 but she's kind of disappointing at 4*/GL VII. Does she improve much with more star levels? Working on a Jedi GW team and the Yoda thing

Everything sucks at 4*'s.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Everything sucks at 4*'s.

Pretty much this.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
I dunno about everyone else, but I've still gotten 0 heroes from this droid event, only shards.

I just finished collecting shards for 86, and am very close to Eeth. I think I will finish out Assaj's 7th, and then I am leaning towards getting Phasma from GW, but with the incoming changes to advantage I am skeptical. So far, I've maxed Lumi, RP, Poggle, and now 86. Also tempted to do Biggs, but he just seems so weak (statswise, 86 is better unless Biggs takes a crit, and then isnt he just dead?...and then there are droid synergies).

Also, magma looks so bad, I would want him if he had a flamethrower, but he doesn't.

Syrinxx posted:

I think she's still in the general range of Assaj, not terrible, pretty good in GW, but a pretty far cry from arena meta. With the supposed incoming changes though, the two of them could move into the arena meta.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malgrin posted:

I dunno about everyone else, but I've still gotten 0 heroes from this droid event, only shards.

I just finished collecting shards for 86, and am very close to Eeth. I think I will finish out Assaj's 7th, and then I am leaning towards getting Phasma from GW, but with the incoming changes to advantage I am skeptical. So far, I've maxed Lumi, RP, Poggle, and now 86. Also tempted to do Biggs, but he just seems so weak (statswise, 86 is better unless Biggs takes a crit, and then isnt he just dead?...and then there are droid synergies).

Also, magma looks so bad, I would want him if he had a flamethrower, but he doesn't.

I think she's still in the general range of Assaj, not terrible, pretty good in GW, but a pretty far cry from arena meta. With the supposed incoming changes though, the two of them could move into the arena meta.

I pulled HK just this afternoon :smug:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Malgrin posted:

Phasma could get a nice boost with the upcoming changes. They're changing advantage to be an auto crit, as opposed to the current "bypass armor" functionality.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Phasma could get a nice boost with the upcoming changes. They're changing advantage to be an auto crit, as opposed to the current "bypass armor" functionality.

Yeah, I haven't decided if this is an improvement or not. I will probably just start farming her cause there isn't anyone else I want to farm.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009

Davethulhu posted:

Boba Fett tier 1 leader if that's true. I've been using him because I like the character. Now it'll actually make sense to have him lead my squad!

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Syrinxx posted:

She gets better, but make sure Daring Padwan is at 6 or higher. That lets you lose the buffs if you get hit with a crit in this order +crit then +spd then +health. At that level she gets +45% health +45 speed an +10% crit.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound
Apparently the planned date for the level 80 update is this thursday. So, prior to the update I'd recommend using a minimum of energy and also don't collect your dailies.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Davethulhu posted:

Apparently the planned date for the level 80 update is this thursday. So, prior to the update I'd recommend using a minimum of energy and also don't collect your dailies.

Assuming you're all level 70, you can have a max of 129 energy. They've generally pushed out updates around 6pm EST, so I would expect this to happen either then or in the middle of the night Wednesday night/Thursday morning. Hopefully they will give us more info before then. Anyways, it takes ~25 hours to save 129 cantina energy, so I would plan to use up cantina energy Wednesday morning so that you are near max Thursday morning (around whenever you'd be waking up anyways). Then, if the patch isn't out yet, plan to spend about 30-40 cantina energy so that you'll still be near full around 6pm EST.

Regular energy is a bit harder to plan out because of the free energy, but it takes just over 12 hours to max out, and then subtract 4.5 hours from that for each bonus energy time in between.

If that's too much work to think about, don't bother because an extra 200 xp isn't going to make a huge difference. However, make sure to not spend crystals until after the patch on Thursday, and don't collect any quests you've finished. This'll give you a pretty good bump in xp.

I've saved up 2500 crystals, and for the next couple days, I think I'm going to cut my crystal use down to 50 for regular energy, and 50 for arena if it's worth it. It's going to suck only getting half a cantina turn in per day, but I'll only be doing that for a couple days. Since I usually get 300 crystals per day, I'm counting on spending 600 per day on refreshes (300/300 - 720 extra energy/xp) until I hit level 72 (or run out of energy - but I think this will only take 3-4 days), and then dropping down to 100 cantina/300 (600 extra energy/xp) until I am down to spending only what I make.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Wait you can save your daily rewards and still do the next days?

Also while I am cheerleading for ashoka he passives apply after leader buffs. So with daring padwan at 6 she had 153(maybe 152) speed. With Barris lead poo poo gets comical she tacks on Barris hp% buff the buffs that amount by 45%.

Also as I said if you run her you want daring padwan at 6 min so she can take one critical hit without losing her speed buff. Having that extra speed means it is easier to get the passives back up.(1 kill reenables all 3 parts of the passive) Oh and all of her heals scale based on current max HP.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
Mine is at 6* max gear and long story short, I can't wait to hit 7*.

Buff Asajj next plz.

• Locked thread