Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Beulah McGillicutty vs. Bill Alfonso

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1ieni_bulah-vs-bill-alfonso-wmv_news

I think Raven was great but people disagree with me on that, so Raven Vs. Chris Harris of America's most Wanted was pretty great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic7BYqmYaLM

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
What was the latest bra & panties (or similar dumb cheesecake) match?

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Kane vs. Albert

If it's the one I'm thinking, for Kane's IC championship, I was bummed when Albert lost.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
I have never actually seen the match, but apparently Meltzer gave 5* to a match involving Jimmy Golden, Brian Lee, Taz, and Killer Kyle

Of course it was a 5 v 5 wargames, so that's kind of cheating compared to a 1 v 1 match.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Kennel posted:

If sexy Halloween costumes count, they still do this pretty much every year on the Halloween episode of Smackdown. I don't remember if they did one last year but they did the year before.

Those used to be fun 10 years ago for the sole reason that Victoria would be the only one who didn't understand the cheesecake concept of it and would dress up in real costumes.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
Val Venis vs Rikishi Fully Loaded 2000

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Kennel posted:

Brodus vs. Tensai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic9kjxIOGH8

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Shine posted:

In addition, it'd be cool if that lovely guy's match wasn't against one of those "can make anybody look good" wrestlers. So two lovely guys, or a lovely guy and a whatever guy.

Bo Dallas had a pretty entertaining match with the Great Khali once.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Petit Gregory posted:

Bo Dallas had a pretty entertaining match with the Great Khali once.

It's really weird to me that these two were in the company at the same time. They seem like they are from such different eras.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

projecthalaxy posted:

It's really weird to me that these two were in the company at the same time. They seem like they are from such different eras.

Too Cool had a match against the ascension last year. That was weird.

45ShadesOfDeath
Sep 7, 2004
Worst goon in the universe.

sean10mm posted:

Can anybody think of an example where a guy normally seen as being a lovely in-ring performer had a really good match?

Goldberg was an awesome experience but not exactly a great wrestler.

Then, his match with DDP at Halloween Havoc '98 happened. It was so good they played it again the next night on Nitro.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

45ShadesOfDeath posted:

Goldberg was an awesome experience but not exactly a great wrestler.

Then, his match with DDP at Halloween Havoc '98 happened. It was so good they played it again the next night on Nitro.

They only played it the next night because Hogan/Warrior went way too long and a lot of cable providers cut the PPV feed off at the regular time in the middle of the match.

Choom Gangster
Oct 29, 2006

No one mentions Tom Magee v. Bret Hart? That's gotta be the best example.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Choom Gangster posted:

Shine posted:

In addition, it'd be cool if that lovely guy's match wasn't against one of those "can make anybody look good" wrestlers. So two lovely guys, or a lovely guy and a whatever guy.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Choom Gangster posted:

Nobody has seen it!

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

oatgan posted:

Nobody has seen it!

I really wish this tape would get leaked somehow.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

remusclaw posted:

I think Raven was great but people disagree with me on that, so Raven Vs. Chris Harris of America's most Wanted was pretty great.

Raven v. the Renegade is my gold standard for this kind of match. It's short, but really fun and very good, considering that Renegade sucked and Raven was not super athletic and also high/drunk all the time in WCW.

https://youtu.be/RPpR1kcPzKY

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edit: sorry wrong thread

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Big Show vs Roman Reigns Last Man Standing was really fun.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a retard posted:

They only played it the next night because Hogan/Warrior went way too long and a lot of cable providers cut the PPV feed off at the regular time in the middle of the match.

Hogan/Warrior went exactly as long as planned. WCW just hosed up and forgot to inform some PPV companies of an experiment with doing a PPV overrun.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I wonder what the point of that experiment was if not just to see what the PPV companies would do if they overran. It's not like people would buy in at the end of the show, and if they did, surely they would be owed a refund for not getting the PPV they thought was just starting. It's not like they would boost advertising revenue. What possible purpose would there be for overrunning on PPV.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

remusclaw posted:

I wonder what the point of that experiment was if not just to see what the PPV companies would do if they overran. It's not like people would buy in at the end of the show, and if they did, surely they would be owed a refund for not getting the PPV they thought was just starting. It's not like they would boost advertising revenue. What possible purpose would there be for overrunning on PPV.

Bischoff thought ending PPVs for 10:55 hurt the drama of the matches. If you know a match needs to end at a certain time it becomes less unpredictable. If you have one or two PPVs run long that changes.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I suppose that could be how WWE justifies ending all their PPV's early now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Too Cool had a match against the ascension last year. That was weird.

Still probably the best match the Ascension have ever had in WWE

Such great heights, I know

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Just watched Raw 277 - 9/14/98, which had a 2 on 1 handicap match between xpac/chyna vs mark Henry that surprised the hell out of me if that counts. The hot crowd probably helps it.

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
Was Eve good? She was on top for a while during the most dismal parts of the Diva's Title era but I can't remember a single thing she ever did, other than be mean to Zack Ryder.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I liked Eve in general and specifically when she kicked zack Ryder in the balls at wrestle mania in front of millions of people

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
She's been getting nuclear go-away heat in NXT for months. You often can't hear anything anyone is saying over the all the booing.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?

Jetfire posted:

Was Eve good? She was on top for a while during the most dismal parts of the Diva's Title era but I can't remember a single thing she ever did, other than be mean to Zack Ryder.

The best thing Eve did was get eliminated from that battle royal, which eventually led to us getting Kaitlyn vs AJ.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

I have never actually seen the match, but apparently Meltzer gave 5* to a match involving Jimmy Golden, Brian Lee, Taz, and Killer Kyle

Of course it was a 5 v 5 wargames, so that's kind of cheating compared to a 1 v 1 match.
Thanks to WarGames, Sid has a 5-star match.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Mar 29, 2016

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Has anyone from TNA even mentioned the fact that Jesse Sorensen has been working in NXT over the last year? You'd think Dixie would be proud that her son has made a fantastic recovery .

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Pope Corky the IX posted:

She's been getting nuclear go-away heat in NXT for months. You often can't hear anything anyone is saying over the all the booing.

Different person

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jetfire posted:

she was really bad until she turned heel then she became marginally good

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Different person

...what?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Eve and Eva are two different people.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Gavok posted:

Eve and Eva are two different people.

Haha, holy poo poo, I'm sorry. I watch so little of the main roster, I had no idea they had an Eve and an Eva.

Wasn't this the same company that demanded Shane Helms go by Gregory because Shane McMahon exists?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Ima' blow your mind, there were two Torrie's as well.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Haha, holy poo poo, I'm sorry. I watch so little of the main roster, I had no idea they had an Eve and an Eva.

Wasn't this the same company that demanded Shane Helms go by Gregory because Shane McMahon exists?

Yup. Also Steven Regal became William Regal and Chris Jericho could no longer be the Lionheart because Ken Shamrock had a specialty match called the Lion's Den.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

it was very confusing when Eva Marie first started because Eve's real name is Eve Marie Torres, but then Eve quit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

remusclaw posted:

Ima' blow your mind, there were two Torrie's as well.

One was spelled Tori, at least.