Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Huge_Midget posted:

If I was a mildly self-aware CO2 line member, I'd be jumping on the Imperium bandwagon as fast as possible. They know our track record and they know how we treat our enemies. To be part of an entity that openly betrayed us after defending their poo poo, well I think that hatefucking won't be an accurate enough representation of what fate awaits them. They'll have to invent a new term as to what is about to happen to them. 5 years from now when historians look back on this war, people will speak in hushed tones about getting CO2'd when you fuckgoons.

Nah, as a line member you can expect an invitation to join Bastion or some other entity even during the hatefucking and if you are in a leadership position you probably already have a golden parachute into PL/NC. lined up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

crew posted:

wife or waifu

realtalk I called my wife, waifu once and I had my push to talk button pressed, awkward

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

confirmed

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

confirmed

just dont tell my wife

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Kimsemus posted:

I think if you read their GTFO post and some of the other things their leadership have posted, they have just had enough. They feel, rightly or wrongly, that they were being mistreated for months. They felt like, apparently, they weren't being listened to and being treated like second class citizens. The grievances they had at this juncture with BASTION and LAWN being forced to retreat was enough for them.

I don't think this was spontaneous for them at all. I think they've had simmering anger for awhile, and I think they chose to leave when it would do the most morale damage possible. It was as pre-meditated as many of the things goons have done to inflict damage on other alliances. People certainly have a right to feel betrayed, but that betrayal was, in my opinion, because of gross incompetence in how Co2 was treated. Otherwise they would have to be loving insane to leave the Imperium at this juncture. So to them, staying was CLEARLY worse than leaving. That says a lot.

It can be spun as much as people want, and people can be upset as they want, but let's be clear -- Co2 learned from the "best" at this sort of thing. Sometimes it's a bitter pill when you are the one forced to swallow it.

Also lol @ anyone actually hating someone over a video game. In the context of in game, fine. But any rage posts here and elsewhere of people legitimately mad? loving lol.

Theres a handful of corps/groups in the last few years that didnt like a direction or wanted a change of pace or to do something different/ go be more elite and they went ahead and did it with clean breaks, communication and no hard feelings.

Then theres the co2 way..

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
ok

also let me know if you guys want me to make the new OP

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
dabigredboat would probably love it

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Eonwe posted:

realtalk I called my wife, waifu once and I had my push to talk button pressed, awkward

:drat:

Cobra-Commander
Jun 15, 2015

Kimsemus posted:

I think if you read their GTFO post and some of the other things their leadership have posted, they have just had enough. They feel, rightly or wrongly, that they were being mistreated for months. They felt like, apparently, they weren't being listened to and being treated like second class citizens. The grievances they had at this juncture with BASTION and LAWN being forced to retreat was enough for them.

I don't think this was spontaneous for them at all. I think they've had simmering anger for awhile, and I think they chose to leave when it would do the most morale damage possible. It was as pre-meditated as many of the things goons have done to inflict damage on other alliances. People certainly have a right to feel betrayed, but that betrayal was, in my opinion, because of gross incompetence in how Co2 was treated. Otherwise they would have to be loving insane to leave the Imperium at this juncture. So to them, staying was CLEARLY worse than leaving. That says a lot.

It can be spun as much as people want, and people can be upset as they want, but let's be clear -- Co2 learned from the "best" at this sort of thing. Sometimes it's a bitter pill when you are the one forced to swallow it.

Also lol @ anyone actually hating someone over a video game. In the context of in game, fine. But any rage posts here and elsewhere of people legitimately mad? loving lol.

It's EvE this game is what the majority of people playing do to give life meaning, after the jew took our pride and have taken our culture and turned it into a sickening joke EvE is all that is left, it is this escapism that keeps them sane, otherwise we would have a full blown rebellion. Crowd control productions has done well for their handelers keeping the great minds to lead our rebellion fighting over a virtual space, the schills should feel lucky for EvE has been the single reason they're still allowed to speak without their tongues being cut out. So yes EvE is just a game to the weakminded schills who use dirty backstabing jewry tricks, just like life is in itself just a game to many of us willing to stand up to the opressors and say NO, and that is what we must all do to the evil that inhabits CCP, we must stand up and tell them WE WILL NO LONGER STAND BY AND LET THEM CONTROL US, WE WILL NO LONGER STAND BY AND LET THEM PLUNDER US FOR EVERYTHING, WE WILL CHALLENGE THEM AT EVERY TURN, WE WILL FREE THE MINDS WHO'VE THEY HAVE INSLAVED WITH PROPAGANDA THAT DESTROYS OUR WORLD, RIGHT HERE TODAY IS WHEN WE ALL MAKE A STAND. WE WILL FIGHT THE POWER, SOON OUR ENEMIES WILL NO LONGER KNOW THE JOY OF BREATHING, FOR THE VERY AIR THEY SO LONG FOR WILL BE DENIED FROM THEIR LUNGS, THEY WILL FEEL AS IF A MILLION LEGIONS HAVE OCCUPIED THEM, AND THE ONLY ESCAPE FROM THE CRUELTY OF THIS SWARM IS TO SWALLOW THAT BITTER PILL AND SUCCUMB TO A QUICK DEATH.

THE IMPREIUM IS NOT THREATENED BY THESE TRAITORS, NOR ARE WE CONCERNED WITH PL OR ANY OTHERS THAT WISH TO CHALLENGE OUR FOLK, I CAN PROMISE YOU ALL THIS, FOR EACH GOON YOU STRIKE DOWN 10 MORE RISE UP IN OUR PLACE, WHEN THAT HORN SOUNDS, AND IT WILL; MAKE HASTE FOR EMPIRE SPACE FOR YOU WILL NO LONGER BE WELCOME IN NULLSEC; THIS IS A PROMISE TO OUR ENEMIES ONE WE INTEND TO KEEP.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Swit? Is that you in there?

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Some leave with bridges unburned.

Accepting the CO2 narrative on why they left, plainly they expected to do so on bad terms. In fact, they're justifying their action by reference to various slights committed against them. Given that, the skepticism about the super ambush plot is weird.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Cobra-Commander posted:

It's EvE this game is what the majority of people playing do to give life meaning, after the jew took our pride and have taken our culture and turned it into a sickening joke EvE is all that is left, it is this escapism that keeps them sane, otherwise we would have a full blown rebellion. Crowd control productions has done well for their handelers keeping the great minds to lead our rebellion fighting over a virtual space, the schills should feel lucky for EvE has been the single reason they're still allowed to speak without their tongues being cut out. So yes EvE is just a game to the weakminded schills who use dirty backstabing jewry tricks, just like life is in itself just a game to many of us willing to stand up to the opressors and say NO, and that is what we must all do to the evil that inhabits CCP, we must stand up and tell them WE WILL NO LONGER STAND BY AND LET THEM CONTROL US, WE WILL NO LONGER STAND BY AND LET THEM PLUNDER US FOR EVERYTHING, WE WILL CHALLENGE THEM AT EVERY TURN, WE WILL FREE THE MINDS WHO'VE THEY HAVE INSLAVED WITH PROPAGANDA THAT DESTROYS OUR WORLD, RIGHT HERE TODAY IS WHEN WE ALL MAKE A STAND. WE WILL FIGHT THE POWER, SOON OUR ENEMIES WILL NO LONGER KNOW THE JOY OF BREATHING, FOR THE VERY AIR THEY SO LONG FOR WILL BE DENIED FROM THEIR LUNGS, THEY WILL FEEL AS IF A MILLION LEGIONS HAVE OCCUPIED THEM, AND THE ONLY ESCAPE FROM THE CRUELTY OF THIS SWARM IS TO SWALLOW THAT BITTER PILL AND SUCCUMB TO A QUICK DEATH.

THE IMPREIUM IS NOT THREATENED BY THESE TRAITORS, NOR ARE WE CONCERNED WITH PL OR ANY OTHERS THAT WISH TO CHALLENGE OUR FOLK, I CAN PROMISE YOU ALL THIS, FOR EACH GOON YOU STRIKE DOWN 10 MORE RISE UP IN OUR PLACE, WHEN THAT HORN SOUNDS, AND IT WILL; MAKE HASTE FOR EMPIRE SPACE FOR YOU WILL NO LONGER BE WELCOME IN NULLSEC; THIS IS A PROMISE TO OUR ENEMIES ONE WE INTEND TO KEEP.

:yeah: :same: :agreed:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Eonwe posted:

ok

also let me know if you guys want me to make the new OP

Just what we need is another OP that doesn't represent the audience it's intended for :v:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
gonna be real hosed up when they come back the conquering heroes after a double double cross

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

Cobra-Commander posted:

me too thanks

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
mods close this thread, we have the new thread open and going

thanks!

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cobra-Commander posted:

i too am gay

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Eonwe posted:

mods close this thread, we have the new thread open and going

thanks!

oh be nice

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

?????

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maneck posted:

Given that, the skepticism about the super ambush plot is weird

PL will deny it for about a year just like Manny's titan spy and then be like: yeah we did that.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
lol

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Ask GigX who Paul Finn is and how that is our fault and a justification for leaving

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

gonna be real hosed up when they come back the conquering heroes after a double double cross

Originally I unironically though that's what Endie and BAT left to do. :comeback:

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

The continued existence of GSF

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016

Huge_Midget posted:

Originally I unironically though that's what Endie and BAT left to do. :sad:

They are in PL for the long con.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Hubbl3 posted:

They are in PL for the long con.

It was Agent Endie

He was the one who warned of the CO2 backstab and NC/PL supercap trap!

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
As someone who likes to read about (but never play) EVE stuff, I don't know what to think. I like Kismensus, but rooting for Reddit is a bridge too far.

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Kimsemus posted:

Having had to deal with The Judge and Da Winci, Co2 should have been :commissar: ages ago. Lying, manipulative, selfish, backstabbing shitheads who didn't give a gently caress about anyone else in the Imperium as long as they got theirs and who would inflate any minor issue to try and get everything they could out of it, while ignoring all the times gigx would just gently caress over allies and shoot blues because he felt like it. The whole martyrdom act is utter bullshit, either because of them believing their own hype or just typical propaganda.

They did put people in space, but given how pissed off with them Blawrf was more than once with them not turning up to one campaign or other dick moves, his nominating them for sainthood on reddit is more than a little hypocritical.

Sebastien is the only real loss, but he's clearly going to go down with the ship.

Them going gently caress goons makes me want to log in and shoot spacemans.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

poo poo opinions nobody wanted:

I think the "CO2 wanted to murder our supers" bit is extrapolated, IMO -- it's pretty plausible, given some behavior, but no hard proof that I've seen for a big old bag of super kills.

What is indisputable, unfortunately, is that CO2 made their plans to reset us on Monday morning, let us throw 100b at the meat grinder for M-O, and then reset us within 15 minutes of the fight ending. The reasons they've gave can basically be summed as "TheJudge had one of his stupid machismo moments again." It's entirely possible for them to be simultaneously both A) a competent PvP alliance with great FCs, and B) disingenuous bastards that nobody should trust.

I'm sad to see them go, especially Seb -- but at the same time, I'd never trust Judge or GigX ever again, and I'm glad that their true colors are on display. They basically pulled a Shart Dragon and flipped the minute their assets came under any actual threat.

---

e: ^^^ and yep, Illum-gone-PL folks, you know better. Blawrf, remember that one night where we had to full-stop Delve and move all our supers back North?

ullerrm fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Mar 29, 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

PST posted:

They did put people in space, but given how pissed off with them Blawrf was more than once with them not turning up to one campaign or other dick moves, his nominating them for sainthood on reddit is more than a little hypocritical.

blawrf a hypocrite? say it aint so

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Kimsemus posted:

Otherwise they would have to be loving insane to leave the Imperium at this juncture. So to them, staying was CLEARLY worse than leaving. That says a lot.

:laffo: at the idea that all actors are rational or that this decision even remotely approaches the appearance of a rational decision. Or that it was simply a decision of whether to stay or leave.

The rational decision would have been to pull a BAT and leave amicably and at a time when all parties were prepared. This was an emotionally-based decision executed in the most malicious manner possible. I have no problem with them doing that(I'll be doing it to my safari Corp in a few days), but let's not pretend it's anything else.

I'm really glad they did this though. Finally a direction to focus in rather than this wandering around looking for beehives to poke.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

ullerrm posted:

They basically pulled a Shart Dragon and flipped the minute their assets came under any actual threat

Shart Dragon is a hero of the moneybadger now, its amazing what these nerds will develop amnesia for in the quest for allies

Hubbl3
Mar 28, 2016
Also the TEST dude who was hated by all of r/eve for liking the Kickstarter book.

Goatman Sacks
Apr 4, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Was it Darkness. that switched sides at the end of the Halloween war and caused all the progress to revert in a week?

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Goatman Sacks posted:

Was it Darkness. that switched sides at the end of the Halloween war and caused all the progress to revert in a week?

Yep.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Goatman Sacks posted:

He flipped in Fountain and then again in Halloween, he will always gently caress over who appears to be losing to join the winners and save his poo poo.

Rothmog
Jul 26, 2011
I need some assistance. The application process in the OP isn't working for me. My characters are already registered with the Goons since I am a former member. How do I apply if that path doesn't work?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Rothmog posted:

I need some assistance. The application process in the OP isn't working for me. My characters are already registered with the Goons since I am a former member. How do I apply if that path doesn't work?

You do this buddy

If you are having problems email newbies@goonfleet.com with a detailed description of who the gently caress you are (goonfleet Username, SA username) and what the problem is.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rothmog posted:

What part isn't working - like, at what point is it breaking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Rothmog posted:

(hi Westen)

quote:

Are you Vacationed and want to come back to GoonWaffe?? (This means your forum group says Vacationer on GF.com)

First you need to do the following:
-Go to https://auth.goonfleet.com/manage and update your API key with an active API
After that do this:
-Email newbies@goonfleet.com with the subject line Please Un-Vacation Me!
-Include your goonfleet forum account name as well as your SomethingAwful account name in the email
-Feel free to post in this thread, however it is optional and email will get a quicker response.
-DO NOT APPLY IN GAME UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A RESPONSE VIA EMAIL

• Locked thread