Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Max posted:

I've had two experiences with Mafia outside of this community. One was cool (the spies game) because those were run really, REALLY well and had interesting setups. I played a single game on mafiascum and didn't really like the treacherously slow pace that community had at the time, but that was also a game where I had my best run of picking investigation targets, so who knows.

did you play in Spies? I was in the shootout...spies 5 I think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

PBS Newshour posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770175
its the same link as the one i posted at the bottom of the last page

requoting for the new day because i just laughed until i coughed

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

did you play in Spies? I was in the shootout...spies 5 I think

Haha, yes. I was in 5 and 6. I made one of the dumbest loving mistakes in 5. 6 was fun but I wasn't in a good headspace at the time of that game and was sort of lovely to people.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I accidentally posted something meant for the scum channel into the public channel in Spies 5 right at the beginning of the game day and just had to sit there for the rest of the day dealing with that.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

Max posted:

Haha, yes. I was in 5 and 6. I made one of the dumbest loving mistakes in 5. 6 was fun but I wasn't in a good headspace at the time of that game and was sort of lovely to people.

so ready for a confession? I was Katie in 5. Kilgrey and I found out we were in the game together, and we decided to be siblings together...I was town and she was scum. We got down to the final 5, when the other 3 town were so sure I was scum. :( loving lylo man

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Max posted:

I accidentally posted something meant for the scum channel into the public channel in Spies 5 right at the beginning of the game day and just had to sit there for the rest of the day dealing with that.

oh god I remember that

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yup. "Darla will be behind a Carly Lynch" should be engraved on my Mafia tombstone. Kilgrey found it really funny in the dead chat forum we had.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Max posted:

Yup. "Darla will be behind a Carly Lynch" should be engraved on my Mafia tombstone. Kilgrey found it really funny in the dead chat forum we had.

I got Carly lynched anyways right after that. That town was kinda dumb

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, that should have cleared Carly right away once I flipped.

They pulled out a W in the end.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

My favorite part was when they threw me in with all the "confirmed townies"

I had an ability that could take any action happening to a person and copy it to another player.

So someone sent someone a message, and two people came up with the same message.

The doctor and two other weird roles claimed to me, and we all started coordinating our roles.

Which I then immediately told Kilgrey and they all died

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

My favorite part was when they threw me in with all the "confirmed townies"

I had an ability that could take any action happening to a person and copy it to another player.

So someone sent someone a message, and two people came up with the same message.

The doctor and two other weird roles claimed to me, and we all started coordinating our roles.

Which I then immediately told Kilgrey and they all died

Ahahahaha. Classic.

I had a roleblock power that sadly did not get much use since I died early.

The one thing I consider a success in that game is that I was able to convince Darla that I wasn't scum on my last day, somehow.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Max posted:

Ahahahaha. Classic.

I had a roleblock power that sadly did not get much use since I died early.

The one thing I consider a success in that game is that I was able to convince Darla that I wasn't scum on my last day, somehow.

after the actual shootout was the hardest part...cause we had to start lynching scum. Kilgrey had to unreasonably stonewall the scum on them night killing me because I was pretty much leading the lynches on all their brethren, but then I'd go after two townies for every scum. This lead to the mod finally becoming suspicious and accusing us in our own little forums

In the end we spent too much time killing scum and the remaining townies trusted each other too much

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, I would vote for Kash to go.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

wish we'd known about you Max, I would've sent you an offer you couldn't refuse :sun:

We thought we were the only two in the game from SA

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

after the actual shootout was the hardest part...cause we had to start lynching scum. Kilgrey had to unreasonably stonewall the scum on them night killing me because I was pretty much leading the lynches on all their brethren, but then I'd go after two townies for every scum. This lead to the mod finally becoming suspicious and accusing us in our own little forums

In the end we spent too much time killing scum and the remaining townies trusted each other too much

We also had the worst loving mechanic for choosing who to NK in that game, which made it very difficult to coordinate our targets until way later in the game.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Max posted:

We also had the worst loving mechanic for choosing who to NK in that game, which made it very difficult to coordinate our targets until way later in the game.

didn't the mod force you guys to kill lurkers?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

wish we'd known about you Max, I would've sent you an offer you couldn't refuse :sun:

We thought we were the only two in the game from SA

She actually did know about me once our spy teams merged, but that only lasted for a day. I never realized she was talking to you as well. C'est la vie.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

wait that's right, none of you guys knew who each other were until later, and you had to like do a list of your top 10 who you would kill or something

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Max posted:

She actually did know about me once our spy teams merged, but that only lasted for a day. I never realized she was talking to you as well. C'est la vie.

we would've crushed the game if we had you with us lol

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

anyways, I got banned from the Spies game because of all that. Hope 6 went better for ya :sun:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

didn't the mod force you guys to kill lurkers?

No, we each had to submit a runoff voting card about who we would like to see NK'd. We had to rank every player in the game, since we didn't know who else was on the scum team at the beginning. Imagine doing that for around . . . 8 night phases. It made it very difficult to pick a good NK target because every scum had different priorities, so in the end a bunch of rando's were NK'd that didn't really help our team. From what I understand, after they were merged, Sam wanted the scum team to get rid of lurkers for him in some cases. He's a very hands on mod and that didn't work for a lot of the team (including Kilgrey.)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Khris Kruel posted:

anyways, I got banned from the Spies game because of all that. Hope 6 went better for ya :sun:

It did not, but that was entirely because I was going through a crappy time and had a poo poo personality because of it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'm fine with Kashuno or Khris or Max being sent.

MrThingyman
Mar 8, 2014
I'm following along. Let me know if you have any questions.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I actually do have a question:

How does one make it to the top brackets of the competition? Do you have to simply win for your side? Or do you also have to not get lynched/NK'd.

In other words, does getting killed constitute losing, no matter the reason?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I support a team of Khris Kruel and Kashuno.

Team KKK all the way!

Purge those you hate from the Internet!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaoslord posted:

You are merging two games, if I remember correctly. I think one time Mills went and gave his login stuff to gulag who replaced him part of the way through and they got mad about that when they found out, and then one time merk went and basically led his team to victory, getting his team MVP nod, but then they gave overall game MVP to someone else on his team. I think he was scum though.

This was the same game.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

merk was the only one who noticed that mills was acting differently and it drove him mad

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

GulagDolls posted:

merk was the only one who noticed that mills was acting differently and it drove him mad

That was hilarious. I loved watching that

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I liked you two RPing Jennifer Lawrence

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Mafia Thread I really need to update my linkedin

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Kashuno posted:

Mafia Thread I really need to update my linkedin

What's linkedin?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
social media for job hunting

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I don't have a linkedin

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

I don't have a linkedin

I "have" one in the sense that I only ever update/use it when I am looking for a new job

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

explains why you don't have a good job

MG3
Mar 29, 2016

Khris Kruel posted:

drat khris that's brutal

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Khris Kruel posted:

I mean I get paid very well to shitpost, watch pro league of legends, study, workout, and occasionally do some really fun IT work. I actually just want to be more specialized in IT Security.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MG3 posted:

drat khris that's brutal

hes right though. I get offers over linkedin all the time because i keep my profile mostly updated, and the job I have now is one that recruited me while I was still at my last job

edit: offers to interview obviously, not straight up job offers from strangers