Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Immortan posted:

Nah, gently caress hipster millennial Lex Luthor.

look at this scrub

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
*talks like a little lad who loves berries 'n' cream*

Ooooh, I'm Lex Luthor, I have no motivation

*prances to and fro merrily*

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Eisenberg and Irons were the only two people who looked like they were having fun the whole movie

Why would you hate on the only glimmer of human joy in that whole angry slog of a film

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

i see we are at the 25 page mark and id like to confirm comic book movies are still retarded for the many retards embroiled in fearsome debate in these tallowed halls

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Eisenberg and Irons were the only two people who looked like they were having fun the whole movie

Why would you hate on the only glimmer of human joy in that whole angry slog of a film

Alfred was funny because he gave zero fucks. Lex was trying too hard and made me cringe at how unfunny he was.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Doflamingo posted:

Alfred was funny because he gave zero fucks. Lex was trying too hard and made me cringe at how unfunny he was.

He wasn't supposed to be funny, he was supposed to be a weird scene chewing rear end in a top hat

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
They should have had Eisenberg just play The Joker IMHO... If you read up on Jared Leto's actions on the Suicide Squad set it's pretty obvious that he was already in a very dark place already, and having Joker's demented personality imposing itself on him via method acting is really destructive to himself and the people around him.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They should have had Eisenberg just play The Joker IMHO... If you read up on Jared Leto's actions on the Suicide Squad set it's pretty obvious that he was already in a very dark place already, and having Joker's demented personality imposing itself on him via method acting is really destructive to himself and the people around him.

really because it sounds like a shithead actor doing stupid publicity stunts on-set to create a "mythic" performance in substitution of actual acting.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i think that's what lumpy was getting at.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh noes this multimillionaire scrub Jared Leto is suffering from first world problems and pretending to be someone else in front of a camera is so soul crushing and **farts*

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
So what exactly is up with Luthor and the jar of piss?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Gorilla Salad posted:

So what exactly is up with Luthor and the jar of piss?

He has to drink it because Michael Cera threatened to beat him up

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

really because it sounds like a shithead actor doing stupid publicity stunts on-set to create a "mythic" performance in substitution of actual acting.

He'll never top Wesley Snipes method acting. When Blade became an outlaw in the third film, Wesley refused to pay his taxes in order to stay in character.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Eisenberg was god-awful as Lex Luthor and Jeremy Irons should have been used a hell of a lot more. Put him in every scene somehow including the end fight where he dispenses wisdom to all 3 of them.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Groovelord Neato posted:

i think that's what lumpy was getting at.

He's gone full method.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
They should've brought back Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor IMO. If he looks ancient they could've did those Tron effects to make him look younger.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Holy crap. What a weirdo.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jared-Leto-Joker-Sent-Really-Creepy-Gifts-His-Suicide-Squad-Co-Stars-72256.html

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013
They should've just done the obvious thing and casted Bryan Cranston as Lex.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Laderhan posted:

They should've just done the obvious thing and casted Bryan Cranston as Lex.

Maybe they tried, he read the script and went "hahaha. I only do lovely movies if I die in the first fifteen minutes."

ED: Oh. I just had a horrible thought. If the decision to make this Lex the son was so that real Lex could appear in Wonder Woman (they are both in Europe at the time, right?)... holy gently caress that is stupid. But I half expect it.

Also I think the only reason they used that particular photo is DC really wanted a character that lived in the 40s and punched nazis.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
That would have been expected and Zack Snyder does not do the expected.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Please do not show this to me at this time.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

You do realize they've been hilariously hyping how craaaaaaaaazy the Joker is in the lamest possible way for like a year now, right?

Funniest thing is he might finally answer the question, "How do you gently caress up the Joker?" and be the first unlikable one in the role.

Romano? Great. Nicholson? Iconic. Ledger? Legendary. Hamill? Everyone knows the voice. And the streak will finally be broken here.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
they've already done a crazy Joker, they should've done something new with this Joker.

Like, Demetri Martin as the Joker.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Female joker??? Harley Quinn is a guy in disturbingly tight short shorts and juggalo makeup

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 29, 2016

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
society is ready for a cisjoker

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
More like 'transjestered'.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

I realize that you aren't going to find a six foot and ripped actress in Hollywood but would it have killed Gal to do one of those boot camps like Emily Blunt did for Edge of Tomorrow so she looked a bit more the part?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

That's so dark and disturbing I won't be able to ever sleep again. Thanks a lot, dickhole.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Trast posted:

I realize that you aren't going to find a six foot and ripped actress in Hollywood but would it have killed Gal to do one of those boot camps like Emily Blunt did for Edge of Tomorrow so she looked a bit more the part?

The sad thing is they could have taken any WNBA star and she would have acted circles around Gar Gamel's mumbling midget rear end.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Trast posted:

The Emily Blount planking scene changed my life.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I hate how skinny Elektra is in the new Daredevil season too. It's just not believable that she can flip grown men over her head or do any of the cool stunts you'd expect.

It's why the first Black Canary in Arrow was my favorite, 'cause she looked jacked and seemed physically capable of performing the role. Then they gave the moniker over to piss pants baby waste of space Laurel Lance who just bumbles her way about like a moron with her spindly lil arms.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Noomi Rapace as Elektra

pretty and swole

opinions???

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Y'all sound like when my friends in High School got mad they cast Ian McKellan as Magneto because he wasn't 250lbs of muscle

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Magneto having the body of a bodybuilder never made sense. Does the guy shoot up steroids and spend all his time in the gym all day while plotting for world domination? He uses magnetism not muscles GOD DAMNIT

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Y'all sound like when my friends in High School got mad they cast Ian McKellan as Magneto because he wasn't 250lbs of muscle

if Gal Gadot was a classically trained Shakespearean actor, maybe people wouldn't be complaining about her so much

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

if Gal Gadot was a classically trained Shakespearean actor, maybe people wouldn't be complaining about her so much

Well yeah but how many good actresses are also 6ft tool Amazonian War goddesses?

Or more importantly, how many good actresses are willing to be in a Zack Snyder film?

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Gal Gadot looked perfect in the costume though, she pulled it off.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well yeah but how many good actresses are also 6ft tool Amazonian War goddesses?

That's bullshit, look at Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec. They could turn fuckin' Kristen Schaal into a superhero

TheGreySpectre
Sep 18, 2012

You let the wolves in. Why would you do that?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Even if someone did get super ripped to play the role people would still complain. I recall people saying Linda Hamilton was too ripped and it was gross when T2 came out. People will always find something to complain about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

boom boom boom posted:

That's bullshit, look at Chris Pratt in Parks and Rec. They could turn fuckin' Kristen Schaal into a superhero

From dad bod to hot bod.

Also Christian Bale went from Machinist to Batman in a few months of weightlifting and overeating.

• Locked thread