Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I was about to wonder what's gonna happen to Austin, but then I saw this tweet:

https://twitter.com/F1/status/714485212067946496

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I sure am looking forward to the New York/New Jersey GP that is definitely happening

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Where are they going to race now that the Caesar's Palace parking lot is no longer available?

edit: well I suppose they could use the current parking lot

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 28, 2016

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Tsaedje posted:

I sure am was looking forward to the New York/New Jersey GP that is definitely happening

FTFY and Agreed :smith: I'd sure as hell rather go to new jersey than texas.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

MattD1zzl3 posted:

...have you been to New Jersey?

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I've been to both and I would only prefer Jersey because it's closer to here.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Just pointing out that Bernie has 'agreed a contract' for a race to boot a European race off the calendar before. I'm going to go ahead and not believe this one until I see it.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I've been to both and I would only prefer Jersey because it's closer to here.

Fair enough. I'm right across the Delaware. South Jersey is depressing, North Jersey seems ok, and I'd definitely go to an F1 race there if it ever materializes, which it won't.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Just pointing out that Bernie has 'agreed a contract' for a race to boot a European race off the calendar before. I'm going to go ahead and not believe this one until I see it.

I assume Magny-Cours was booted because he gained control of Paul Ricard and devolped it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Magny-Cours is also a loving terrible track

E: I think it was Spa he was threatening to boot last time Bernie 'signed a contract' for a second US race

Tsaedje fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 28, 2016

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Bernie says he is going to have to do [terrible horrible sport breaking thing] unless [really horrible thing] happens. Fans, teams and media goes mental. Bernie says good news everyone I've done a deal so neither of these things happen and we only have to do [thing no one would normally agree to] instead! Repeat for 50 years.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Caesar's Palace 2k17

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Pretty much, except it seems the teams would rather have totally broken quali than 'compromise' and have any of Bernie's ideas this time.

Reminder that an actual Bernie tactic when losing an argument is to 'accidentally' spill a drink as a distraction.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Have you noticed that whenever he is being interviewed by Sky one of the table legs goes part way through?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

learnincurve posted:

Have you noticed that whenever he is being interviewed by Sky one of the table legs goes part way through?

No, because I watch neither Bernie interviews nor Sky interviews

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Every Bernie interview on Sky ever: He is but a kindly doddery old man, the sport is fine and he does not know what the fuss is about opps look what's happened to the table, isn't this a droll moment of levity *chuckle chuckle*

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
One of my favorite Sky Bernie moments was when Ted asked him about what the Monza owners had to do to keep the race, whether they just needed to bring a checkbook and pen to the contract meetings. Bernie answered "No I have pens." If you're going to live under the murderous jackboot of a satanic tyrant, it's nice for him to have a sense of humor at least.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Rhopunzel posted:

Caesar's Palace 2k17

I would go to this race

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Brundle: Bernie! do you think they will get it up to the front of the grid today.
Bernie: I wish I could get it up
Brundle: good stuff.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

1500quidporsche posted:

I would go to this race

I'm looking forward to 1000 laps through the Caesar's Palace parking garage or a 100-200 lap race at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway infield.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Most would say Rovals are bad. I would argue that they are in fact good.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Tsaedje posted:

Magny-Cours is also a loving terrible track

E: I think it was Spa he was threatening to boot last time Bernie 'signed a contract' for a second US race

Bad track to watch probably, but certainly Bernie hosed the government over when they thought they could fight him over an f1 spot

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Another F1 race in some fascist 3rd world shithole :rolleyes:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

djssniper posted:

Bad track to watch probably, but certainly Bernie hosed the government over when they thought they could fight him over an f1 spot

No it's just really bad and boring. I'm biased as I'm a Ricard fan.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Helicon One posted:

Another F1 race in some fascist 3rd world shithole :rolleyes:

Fascist maybe, but they have legal alcohol AND hookers. None of this "Fizzy fruit juice Williams Racing Valencia Gridboys" horseshit.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
also, blackjack to go with the booze and hookers

WhoNeedsAName
Nov 30, 2013

darth cookie posted:

Don't know if the LMP1 cars could handle the top of the mountain curves/undulation.

Red Bull gives you wings...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXZaAuyuYmQ

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Fun fact: Mark Webber has managed to achieve flight in every type of car and team he has raced with.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

learnincurve posted:

Fun fact: Mark Webber has managed to achieve flight in every type of car and team he has raced with.

Fun Fact: Mark Webber is a massive shithouse bitch

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in all seriousness Mark Webber is one of the very few legitimate "start from the bottom and work up" guys in modern history so I at least give him credit for that (Alonso was already pretty much spotted by Benetton/Renault by the time he started with Minardi)

but yeah he was trash in a top car

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

mark webber is a prime example of a great midfield driver whose time in a title-winning car illustrated exactly why he was never given that kind of equipment before

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
See also; Nico Rosberg.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

See also; Nico Rosberg.

all the nicos, really

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Nico has won the last 6 races or something, he's the next WDC for sure now Hammy has decided to focus on his fashion career.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
another fun fact: Toto Wolff would qualify for a F1 superlicence if he put the laps in in free practice and testing. If he could fit in the car he could probably beat Nico Rosberg.

Reminder that Mercedes are saying it was Lewis' poor reactions that put him 4m behind Rosberg at the start of the race.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

Nico has won the last 6 races or something, he's the next WDC for sure now Hammy has decided to focus on his fashion career.

Nico and Lewis are both big gay boys and they hug and kiss eachother after the race.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Hell, that's OK with me.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Just got this in an email from MotoGP

wait until the sjws get a hold of this

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
We approve of T-shirts like that, gives us a clear indicator who to avoid like the plague at racing events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.
good, the shirt repels insufferable pseudo-intellectuals

time to order them by the freight container

• Locked thread