Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Alain Post posted:

Hell, that's OK with me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I loving hate sjws.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

only thing worse than "sjws" are people who unironically use the term "sjws"

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Triple A posted:

good, the shirt repels insufferable pseudo-intellectuals

time to order them by the freight container

lol it's funny because you have never been to a UK race event. Firstly that shirt will never be sold in any size smaller than XL and will have egg dripped down the front. Secondly it will be worn by sweaty 40 year old virgins who will sit themselves next to any woman who seems to be on her own, and will be torn between creeping on her or wanting to make themselves feel superior by explaining every little thing that is going on. There are two types of UK race fans.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

learnincurve posted:

lol it's funny because you have never been to a UK race event. Firstly that shirt will never be sold in any size smaller than XL and will have egg dripped down the front. Secondly it will be worn by sweaty 40 year old virgins who will sit themselves next to any woman who seems to be on her own, and will be torn between creeping on her or wanting to make themselves feel superior by explaining every little thing that is going on. There are two types of UK race fans.

the hero this thread deserves

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Good and cool people wear team gear or those amusing sniff petrol t-shirts.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
This looks like it's about to veer into a terrible derail. Please don't take this thread into a terrible derail.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Righty ho. Lewis update. He's doing indoor skydiving and choosing watches not from his sponsors, Nico is reminiscing about the past.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

learnincurve posted:

Good and cool people wear team gear or those amusing sniff petrol t-shirts.

I emailed the guy asking for some decals for my kart and he told me to just print out sniff petrol on a piece of paper and tape it on :(

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Pffft. Call me when the Race Queen shirts are available.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidporsche posted:

I emailed the guy asking for some decals for my kart and he told me to just print out sniff petrol on a piece of paper and tape it on :(

that's actually amazing

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There seems to be a ton of enthusiasm for Haas, which is a good thing. Hopefully it lasts.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It will last until their cars break every race

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I like Big John and while I was pretty meh about Haas, Gene was really nice following Alonso's crash that I couldn't help but like him. Although he did at times seem a little vague about some of the F1 rules but that makes me like him even more.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
I like Haas too and hope they stay for a long while.

IanTheM
May 22, 2007
He came from across the Atlantic. . .

Tsaedje posted:

Magny-Cours is also a loving terrible track

E: I think it was Spa he was threatening to boot last time Bernie 'signed a contract' for a second US race

The group of tracks that should never leave F1, even if they're losing money, are: Monaco, Monza, Spa, Suzuka. And maybe Silverstone, since it's most of the team's home race.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Silverstone is terrible.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Brands Hatch is so good though and F1 is never going back there, such a shame.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

It's a fantastic circuit. In GT6 I've been driving it in Senna's 97T.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Renault wants the fuel-flow rate lifted.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Human Grand Prix posted:

That would kill Mercedes so it'll never happen.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

lol three years and they still haven't picked the right turbo size.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Actually my bad, it's total fuel capacity. Abeiteboul wants to retain flow limit.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

El Hefe posted:

F1 has hosed up enough classic circuits and it almost killed donnington. F1 can gently caress off and race on a lovely flat airfield in the midlands instead.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Old Silverstone was cool though. Like Kyalami, Fuji, and Hockenheim it was a fast circuit that was nerfed.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Human Grand Prix posted:

Old Silverstone was cool though. Like Kyalami, Fuji, and Hockenheim it was a fast circuit that was nerfed.

The old config was better for sure, however its very much a power track so unless you have something stupid fast its not very interesting to drive. The new layout confuses me because it just feels like they randomised the corners of old silverstone.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Silverstone has adjusted its layout every few years since it was first established so which old version are we talking here?

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Human Grand Prix posted:

This idea is awesome and would see a speed and sound improvement. So will it happen? (No)

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Helicon One posted:

Silverstone has adjusted its layout every few years since it was first established so which old version are we talking here?

Mid-80s.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

This idea is awesome and would see a speed and sound improvement. So will it happen? (No)

It was capacity, not rate sorry.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Helicon One posted:

Pre-1991 I imagine. I never had any love for the post-91 layout.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

El Hefe posted:

Yep Brands Hatch is loving great. Was doing laps in some GT3 cars around it this morning actually.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Human Grand Prix posted:

It was capacity, not rate sorry.

GOD drat IT. An unlimited fuel flow turbo formula would be the sexy formula one we all want, 2000 horsepower, engines blowing every other race, big bursts of flame out of the exhaust. You want a "show"? Thats how you do it not a bullshit spark plate and reverse grids. While we are at it, Make ground effects and active aero legal, ban paddle shifters.

Vote Dizzle for new bernie 2016. Make formula 1 great again!

MattD1zzl3 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Mar 29, 2016

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Norns posted:

Yep Brands Hatch is loving great. Was doing laps in some GT3 cars around it this morning actually.

Loved that track on Toca 2

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
One word. Thruxton!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

GOD drat IT. An unlimited fuel flow turbo formula would be the sexy formula one we all want, 2000 horsepower, engines blowing every other race, big bursts of flame out of the exhaust. You want a "show"? Thats how you do it not a bullshit spark plate and reverse grids. While we are at it, Make ground effects and active aero legal, ban paddle shifters.

I don't want 4 car grids.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

MattD1zzl3 posted:

I like reliable fast cars. Speed isn't the issue anyway. Lewis will be setting track records this year.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/

Norns posted:

Lewis will be setting track records this year.

I doubt his album is going to be that successful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I don't remember anyone saying what a wonderful track it (e:Silverstone) was even back in the 80s, the point of old Silverstone was that you could get ludicrously close to the track in the cheap seats/grass areas with no security fencing, the public transport links are good from anywhere in the country, and if you are driving it's just off the M1 so everyone can avoid god drat Birmingham. Much as I love brands hatch it was always way too far south to be viable.

• Locked thread